New Super Mario Bros. Galaxy 2 Wii Turbo Edition

HyperSonicEXE · 136774

Offline irgpie

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #700 on: May 25, 2010, 09:51:38 PM
I'm not surprised people are that far, really. Game's just as easy as the first. I myself beat the Final Boss less than 12 hours after getting the game (it was about 12:30 at night when I finished, but nevertheless)

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #701 on: May 25, 2010, 10:06:26 PM
What the hell it's not even out yet!

Nintendo World sold it on Sunday.

Offline Ninja Lou

• Samurai/Ninja of RPM
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Ninjas........Damn
    • View Profile
Reply #702 on: May 25, 2010, 11:13:56 PM
Release date was May 23rd.

This post has been approved by Marle!

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #703 on: May 25, 2010, 11:20:36 PM
I know it's out over there you fools, it's not out HERE.

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #704 on: May 26, 2010, 06:59:55 AM
http://www.justin.tv/vixynyan

Getting close to 100% now~ ^u^

Posted on: May 25, 2010, 23:38:07

0v0

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #705 on: May 26, 2010, 07:01:34 AM
...how long exactly have you spend with the game?

Offline VixyNyan

• RPM Ecchi Princess
    • View Profile
Reply #706 on: May 26, 2010, 07:07:10 AM
Clips from the live stream. 100%'ing the whole game~ <3
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20

(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Rayl

• The Missing Piece
  • Resistance Member
  • (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    • View Profile
Reply #707 on: May 26, 2010, 09:10:54 AM
I've got about eleven hours now with a amount of roughly 109 stars. I've gotten the accursed medals in World 5 but i'm waiting for the star comet challenges to appear so i can 100% it.

I'm just not having any luck in finding those medals  >^< I'm spending more time finding them then i am stars  -u-'

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #708 on: May 26, 2010, 09:48:37 AM
I spent all night playing this game.  It's so much goddamn fun.  In fact, it's too much fun, because I just realized I have to be up in 3 hours.

Tomorrow's gonna hurt!  XD

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #709 on: May 26, 2010, 09:53:04 AM
Everyone, try beating Vixy's All Clear time! CHALLENGE START!

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Klavier Gavin

• RPM Soldier
  • Einspruch!
    • View Profile

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #711 on: May 26, 2010, 03:05:30 PM
..Now I want to play it too...damn you people

Offline Klavier Gavin

• RPM Soldier
  • Einspruch!
    • View Profile
Reply #712 on: May 26, 2010, 05:56:11 PM

- two discs
- 70 song
- performed by a group of 70 professional musicians operating under the name "Mario Galaxy Orchestra"
- 500 points
- register SMG2 product code, and get it for 300 points

Japanese Club Nintendo product.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #713 on: May 27, 2010, 06:09:07 AM
Wait a sex, I've been home now for a good 30 minutes, and for some strange reason, I'm not playing Super Mario Galaxy 2.

Time to fix that! 

Offline Rayl

• The Missing Piece
  • Resistance Member
  • (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    • View Profile
Reply #714 on: May 27, 2010, 11:01:24 AM
I've been playing for 11 and a half hours now and i have 129 stars.

The problem i'm now having is finding all those accursed green stars >_>; I'm finding them fairly easily on levels like Flip Swap but everything else is just a pain train as generally i'm not good at paying attention to everything :p

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #715 on: May 27, 2010, 10:02:57 PM
Every time I think this game can't get any better, it does.

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #716 on: May 29, 2010, 06:35:17 PM
242 Stars First Run: 29:04:50

I felt kinda bad about leaving this thread I created out there hangin' before going, especially since this is such an awesome game, so let's SPOILERS one more time shall we?

Ending
[spoiler]Classic Bowser battle. The meteors even leave shockwaves, and then he also wheels out his fire breath, holy cow. Then, just when you think it's over, he CRASHES THROUGH THE FLOOR and EATS the Grand Star! And then in true SMW2 fashion, is huge and in the background, while you have to hurl more Glorious Golden Meteors at him.
You beat him, he laments over the huge slice of cake he never got (lol), and accepts his beating. The Grand Star rescues Peach, and you can mess with her before grabbing it alongside Peach and Luma. There are Star Bits on the underside of that planetoid, BTW.
You return to Starship Mario, Rosalina comes and picks up her Luma from Mario Daycare...and leaves with his hat?! Wait, wait a minute!!!
Everyone returns home, cue the ending. Oh, and Bowser's okay, but he knows how Small/Regular Mario feels now, shall we say.
[/spoiler]

Post-Game and Post-120 Stars
[spoiler]Yea, Special World! And Rainbow Road FINALLY makes its platforming appearance as a Roll-A-Ball stage! That alone is worth the price of admission!
Then we see the trail of Rosalina's Comet Observatory; it's normally blue, but after 120 Stars, it's green! We find Luma returning to Mama's Library and putting on Mario's cap for a story about the Green Stars...
Ah, but it doesn't end there, THEN you find the Green Stars which are hidden in SM64 ways throughout each galaxy. Then after you run the LandmasterGrandmaster Galaxy once, collect 9999 Star Bits, and then you'll have to do a DAREDEVIL RUN. OMFG, I spent 45 lives and 1-2 hours on that Star!
[/spoiler]

Post-The Perfect Run
[spoiler]But it's worth it, because after the 3 Boomerang Bros., a Launch Star will appear, shooting you to the Princess of the Stars herself! Talk to her, and grab the Star. Or, if you're Boss (like I did), backflip up and over the house, grab the 1-Up, and THEN grab the Star. Risky? You bet your sweet tail! But hey, you're Boss, right? You won't fall off and have to do it all over again. ...not that you couldn't anyway. 8D
Rosalina doesn't grab the Star alongside you ala Peach in the ending, but she joins everyone on Starship Mario! Totally worth the frustration (but that's because I'm a fan of the character, admittedly)![/spoiler]

Can't wait to see what they've got up their sleeves next.
Anyway, want help on some specific Stars, just hit up a certain popular imageboard and I'll be there (although I'll have a Mario-esque coat of paint ;)).

Offline STM

• says you shouldn't play with your
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #717 on: May 30, 2010, 10:08:40 PM
65 stars in, the only one that gave me any real trouble was the Slide Purple Coins, since the controls are a little strange.

Game's been fantastic so far, a much needed detox from the train wreck that was FF13.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #718 on: May 30, 2010, 10:51:12 PM
Oh I forgot to mention, I got this game earlier this week and hot [tornado fang]ing damn I'm in love. I'm going REEEEEALLY slow though, thanks to other people hogging the system when I'm not paying attention. Just from the 27 stars I currently have & played levels for, I can only imagine how crazy this game will get.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #719 on: May 31, 2010, 04:43:08 AM
80 something stars right now and in world 5 (I have been getting every single star in each galaxy). I love this game so much, can't say I've found anything to not be fun. My only real complain is how you can only use Luigi one time in each galaxy and then it's just a ghost that you can race for no reward at all =/

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline VixyNyan

• RPM Ecchi Princess
    • View Profile
Reply #720 on: May 31, 2010, 09:51:31 AM
My only real complain is how you can only use Luigi one time in each galaxy

Beat the game once and there will be NO complaints at all. ^^

(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #721 on: May 31, 2010, 05:45:50 PM
I'm going REEEEEALLY slow though, thanks to other people hogging the system when I'm not paying attention. Just from the 27 stars I currently have & played levels for, I can only imagine how crazy this game will get.
You think that's bad?  I have four.  In addition to TV-hogging, this game arrived only on Friday (damn cheapass shipping), and Metroid Prime Trilogy is still fighting for my time.

Nevertheless, I *HAD* to get in there long enough to see Yoshi, which thankfully wasn't long at all.  Still wish you could take him between stages (requiring to dismount for a star and refusing to allow him in the first place aren't quite the same thing, you know), but otherwise, I love the guy.  They did good this time, for sure.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Kieran

• He's just a
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #722 on: May 31, 2010, 06:25:53 PM
Just bought the game, but it may be a few hours before I can play it.  All my rechargable batteries are dead as a doornail.

Incidentally, has anybody had problems with the included system update killing homebrew or anything like that?  Just out of curiosity.

The Other Side
http://www.crowdedstreet.net
irc.esper.net #theotherside

Commander Shepard: *stares blankly at a video of scantily clad asari dancers* ...What kind of hotel is this?
Liara T'Soni: It is a luxury resort with an... exotic edge.  Azure is slang for a part of the asari body in some places on Illium.
Shepard: Where?
Liara: The lower reaches, near the bottom.
Shepard: I meant, "where on the asari body?"
Liara: So did I.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #723 on: May 31, 2010, 07:03:02 PM
If your homebrew survived NSMBWii, it'll survive Galaxy 2.  There has been no Wii System Update since 4.2 last September.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Kieran

• He's just a
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #724 on: June 01, 2010, 03:20:58 AM
4.2 is what was included with the SMG2 disc, apparently.  I'd previously been running 3.4.

Homebrew seems to have survived intact.

The Other Side
http://www.crowdedstreet.net
irc.esper.net #theotherside

Commander Shepard: *stares blankly at a video of scantily clad asari dancers* ...What kind of hotel is this?
Liara T'Soni: It is a luxury resort with an... exotic edge.  Azure is slang for a part of the asari body in some places on Illium.
Shepard: Where?
Liara: The lower reaches, near the bottom.
Shepard: I meant, "where on the asari body?"
Liara: So did I.