VixyNyan · 7553

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
on: October 04, 2009, 01:51:51 AM
After a long time for judging, giving out points and handing out fun and thoughtful comments for contest entries, it's time to give prizes! Yay~! Thanks to everyone who entered the contest. It's fun to see that the drawings all looked so wonderfully colorful. ^^ We got 8 entries in Talent and 5 entries in Content.

I have posted my own comments on this post, but I also suggest that you read the comments from the other judges, by clicking the mugshots. The web page for the contest has been changed too, and you can reach it right here.

A little reminder, these are the prizes you could win.

Talent
1. Mega Man Official Complete Works or 1-year DeviantArt subscription.
2. 22 Battle Chips. Talent gets Recovery 150 and Blues SP included.
3. Shigeto Ikehara's Rockman 7 manga. (Volume 1) (Volume 2)

Content
1. Mega Man Official Complete Works or 1-year DeviantArt subscription.
2. 22 Battle Chips. Content gets Heat Man and Slash Man included.
3. Rockman EXE Axess Capsule 5" Search Soul Figure and Mattel 2" Metal Soul Figure.

And with that out the way, now you can see the drawings~ :3

Talent

1stJetZero: No time for slow-mo's. The GBD has to jet for new adventures and boost his ego for all the ladies. Until the day he'll get zapped to bits in military duty. It's a cool-looking drawing with a colorful details and splashy water effects. The characters and the ride chasers are shiny too. X3
2ndKata: Aww, it's a lovely photo-like picture with both cute and beautiful ladies. Tron and Roll from the DASH series, Roll from the Classic series and Luna from the Shooting Star series. That moment brings lots of Perfect Memories for all of them. A beautiful and colorful drawing, you just want to snuggle and cuddle all of them~ > w <
3rdAkira: Awww, this drawing is so cute and adorable. Roll-chan is ready to jump into the water with her specially-designed Splash Woman ring. And Rock, well, he doesn't seem to handle Suikawari (watermelon-splitting) very well. Poor Eddie. > w < Every character on the drawing are soft and adorable-looking, with a special manga style put to them. The picture, drawn on paper, shows a beautiful mix of pencil coloring with careful strokes for bright sun-lighting effects and dark inking for shading. The water and beach turned out great as well.
4thThe Great Gonzo: Ah, Axl has to team up with Greenpeace to clean up the filth of the United States Air Force. Judging by the sign, the water is so polluted, even repliroids will rust if they stay in there for a long time. A good-looking drawing with a soft gradient sunset.
5thborockman: While Roll and Marino plays with the beach ball, Nana takes all the time to show her beauty with a cute smile. It's a wonderful scenery, and the water looks great. Nana turned out beautiful too. ^^
6thSawpea Keo: Roll-chan, sporting her new swimsuit, is ready to jump into the splashy water to have a playful fun with her brothers, sister and friends. The drawing is adorable and the colors are bright and easy on the eyes. ^^
7thIHZ: Zero and Ciel, the perfect splash team. They are an unbeatable force against the sea and the creatures that disturb their peace. It's a good-looking action scenery with a mix of bright blue water colors.
8thMargaret Li: A cute drawing, with a thoughtful blend of colors on paper. Don't be shy, Iris sweetie. There's plenty of love for you. Install Your Heart~ ^ w ^

Content

1stNiroth Keo: Who would've thought that even watermelons were mechanical... Rock enjoys the time at the beach with a little Suikawari (watermelon-splitting) that ends up with pew pew pew.
2ndTimothy Sparvero: A crazy cheerful love party! The girls are in a bouncy mood and the guys are just grumpy. X3 It's a cute and fun drawing.
3rdkim phan: Alia and Layer are so cute and adorable, but Zero is so hot and fabulous, how can you resist? > w < Sporting melons as big as his own green lights, he's a shoe-in for the next annual repliroid pageant.
4thSatoryu: Inti Creates answer to Rockman Scramble Battle, a fight between Leviathan and Splash Woman. The epic fight of the sea maids starts right here.
--JetZero (Already won in Talent, was tied with Timothy Sparvero): This might be the reason why GBD got his ride chaser license revoked. Not to mention having to see a doctor for his eye-sight. ^^ The drawing is silly, and whoever follows that cleverly-cluttered sign will face a terrible fate.

Good work, everyone! We hope you all enjoyed looking at the results.
We hope that you winners will accept your prizes with love and happiness.

Becky, signing out~

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Rock Miyabi

• THE ORIGINAL Jammin' Ninja
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
    • Miyabi on dA
Reply #1 on: October 04, 2009, 02:13:58 AM
Wonderful presentation, Vix. The web design is very cool.

Congrats to all of the winners and thanks to each and every one of you for participating. Without any entries, something like this is no fun. And it was a close battle in each category that really could have gone to anyone. None of us really voted the exact same way. Also thanks to everyone who judged and helped make this thing work this year: Maq, Vixy, PB, and robo nyanya.

Most of you have not received an email to let you know that you've won yet, and I apologize for that. After I finish eating dinner, I will be contacting everyone who placed to get your contact info so that I can send out the prizes/order the MMOCW. (Yeah, I know that might seem odd because I'm not Maq or Vixy, but trust me on this... ;))

Previously was K.G. Inafunbags, Captain Heady, Damon Gant, and the guy who liked the blue bomber solely for the reason that he was blue.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #2 on: October 04, 2009, 02:17:08 AM
Congrats to those that don't have a plug n' play PET..  >0<

This BSC was cutting it close, surpassed last year's. Started dead until the deadline was announced. Congrats to everyone~

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: October 04, 2009, 02:37:43 AM
Well, now I have an excuse to go to Barnes and Nobles...

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: October 04, 2009, 02:46:17 AM
If things go well... I might contribute next year (Should be good enough by then). I also reeeeeeeaaaaaaally like the artwork that won the second place.

Offline CephiYumi

• Kick the door, hit the floor, magical words (groovy!)
  • RPM Purifier
  • mew mew~
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: October 04, 2009, 03:08:15 AM
congrats to everyone and very nice work ^^  :cookie: <-- enough for everyone x3

I might contribute next year (Should be good enough by then).

this goes for me as well >w<

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: October 04, 2009, 05:19:31 AM
Hehe, looks like the judges had quite a tough time judging... >U<
Congrats to everyone who participated!

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: October 04, 2009, 06:35:19 AM
Drat. I didn't win nothing. But there was no competition, I didn't stand a chance. The winners totally deserved it. They're far better than me. I'm just happy to contribute.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Rad Lionheart

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #8 on: October 04, 2009, 06:46:54 AM
Conglaturations! You're Winner!

Offline borockman

• Super avatar painter in training
  • Legendary Hero
  • DONALD ANGRY! DONALD SMASH!!
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: October 04, 2009, 08:58:22 AM
5th place? not bad for my first comp.

But the first three surely deserve the prize, very lovely piece of arts.

Especially GBD love.  XD

Proud member of Indigo tribe!

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #10 on: October 04, 2009, 01:01:33 PM
Yay!

Offline Cpie

• Master Artist as well
  • Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: October 04, 2009, 07:33:59 PM
If things go well... I might contribute next year (Should be good enough by then). I also reeeeeeeaaaaaaally like the artwork that won the second place.

I think I'll contribute too..in Fifty years haha Should be good enough by then.
 It's nice to contribute if there's something worthy to win! 8D

Congrats for winners!

Offline Nekomata

• The Adorable
  • RPM Goddess
  • The Devil in The Poisoned Tuxedo
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: October 04, 2009, 07:39:53 PM

3rdAkira: Awww, this drawing is so cute and adorable. Roll-chan is ready to jump into the water with her specially-designed Splash Woman ring. And Rock, well, he doesn't seem to handle Suikawari (watermelon-splitting) very well. Poor Eddie. > w < Every character on the drawing are soft and adorable-looking, with a special manga style put to them. The picture, drawn on paper, shows a beautiful mix of pencil coloring with careful strokes for bright sun-lighting effects and dark inking for shading. The water and beach turned out great as well.
holy [parasitic bomb], her breasts aren't grossly inflated.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: October 05, 2009, 07:44:08 AM
Actually, I believe that the guy with the booze and "soap digest" is Pumpkins are holy's character "Amp" (a sort of prototype Bass who got thrown away by Wily.)
this guy.
http://pumpkinsareholy.deviantart.com/art/Amp-paintchat-89587044

If it was Red he'd be missing an eye, and wouldnt have the thunderbolt on both sides. though I could be wrong.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Cpie

• Master Artist as well
  • Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: October 05, 2009, 01:44:02 PM
Yes it's Amp. And Bass is on the top left.

Offline flowercupid

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: October 05, 2009, 08:21:08 PM
Oh! It was an original character? When RM said 'Red' I assumed that was some nickname for Redips (whom I originally thought that character might be).

Congrats everyone, even those who didn't come away with prizes. Loved em all!

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #16 on: October 05, 2009, 08:24:03 PM
If I should change a judge comment, please tell me~ :3

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Rock Miyabi

• THE ORIGINAL Jammin' Ninja
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
    • Miyabi on dA
Reply #17 on: October 05, 2009, 09:18:47 PM
If you want to edit it to reflect that it's his fancharacter, go ahead. I was just as confused as robo with both the upper left hand character who we assumed might be Techno and what I felt was a different interpretation of Red. But apparently it's Amp then. I unfortunately wasn't well-versed in Pumpkin's fancharacters, even though I've heard of Amp before, so I just took a stab in the dark with my comment. He never said anything to me either yet, but I'll clarify it with him once I let him know I've shipped his prize.

Previously was K.G. Inafunbags, Captain Heady, Damon Gant, and the guy who liked the blue bomber solely for the reason that he was blue.

Offline IHZ

• Net Navi
  • SHOOOSH
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: October 07, 2009, 02:46:52 PM
I had no idea againt what I was going and frankly, I am agreably suprised! There is a large display of Imagination from the artists in here and pretty much all of the drawings were very good. I really liked the Second entry in talent and all of the content entries made me smile.

What I like from participating in such contests is that it really shows how many artists are devoted and put efforts into their work, I have this little flaw where I often get impatient with a piece and just add touches without really putting as much efforts as I could, This is what happened with this piece. Although I am very satisfied of how it came out, I took 2 or 3 hours to do it and I could have worked on the shades a lot more. I saw this contest as nothing more than a way to see how talented and creative other artist's of RPM can be while given a theme and also a way to personally evaluate my own work and getting inspiratin from other's talent and devotion. I think I understand how I should work to improve.

Congrats to the winners, if I get a go at next year, I'll try to do better with the overall.