Out of all the villains...

CyberXIII · 38658

Poll

Which of these was the most evil villain?

Dr. Weil
Dr. Wily
Sigma
Copy X
Albert
Omega
Serpent
Other (Explain, please.)

Offline CyberXIII

• Doctor Ivo Robotnik
  • Resistance Member
    • View Profile
    • My Fanfic and Rant account
Reply #25 on: September 30, 2009, 07:59:03 PM
Crap...I probably should have been more clear.

This thread isn't for the villains you liked.  This is for the villain who does something over the course of the plot (Plot, not gameplay) that was so evil you wanted that bastard DEAD. 

Basically, a complete monster.

See here: (Taken from Tvtropes)

"This is it. The end of the line for evil.... Simply, there is nothing worse than being this. Trying to put a value to how horrible the qualifications to be a Complete Monster are is like trying to assign Bill Gates a credit score: it becomes a moot point. This is not the villain who is designed to be comic, or tragic, or even so awesome you can't help but root for him. This is the villain who is so repulsive and completely irredeemable, that the only satisfying end for him is a death just as horrible as he is... or hopefully worse.

The character must do truly horrendous acts, and the story makes no attempt to gloss these over or present them in a positive light... He must also have a direct, active role, and the Evil Overlord doesn't count if he only sends out waves of minions to do horrible atrocities - he must perform these himself or force someone else to do it while he looks on. It's the character that's supposed to scare and disgust you, not his minions..."

That's what I meant.

What color is my heart, Snively...?

http://downloads.khinsider.com/?u=23112
Click here to find a site with loads of soundtracks available.

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: September 30, 2009, 08:04:06 PM
You just described Dr. Vile

Offline Nekomata

• The Adorable
  • RPM Goddess
  • The Devil in The Poisoned Tuxedo
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: September 30, 2009, 09:34:10 PM
n_n
cause you know, nothing says evil like smiling while killing off an entire island.

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: September 30, 2009, 09:42:52 PM
Juno was just programmed that way

Offline Nekomata

• The Adorable
  • RPM Goddess
  • The Devil in The Poisoned Tuxedo
    • View Profile
Reply #29 on: September 30, 2009, 09:43:58 PM
like your mom was programmed to be a [classy lady]?

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #30 on: September 30, 2009, 10:06:13 PM
And you to be a [sonic slicer], so now calm down will ya?

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #31 on: September 30, 2009, 10:07:08 PM
One more post in this directions and this thread gets the lock.

Offline Keno

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #32 on: October 01, 2009, 06:27:15 PM
Talking about Mega Man badguys got serious fast

Offline Night

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #33 on: October 01, 2009, 06:35:34 PM
You just described Dr. Vile

No, vile's more the type to send hordes of minions(Valiant) at his enemies while he sits in his fortress scheming.

I really don't think there is a villain that's like how Cyber described in the megaman universe.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #34 on: October 03, 2009, 12:58:53 AM
what the [tornado fang] that's not even what anything in this thread says
Seriously, he's confused me.
Right? Are you as confused as I am?
I sure as hell am.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Galappan

• Mode Change
  • B-Class Hunter
  • Defense Mode
    • View Profile
Reply #35 on: October 03, 2009, 07:17:30 AM
Which one was the most evil?
I voted for Dr. Weil. That man is full of hatred. When you are engulf with hatred you can care less. The humans of Neo Arcadia punished Weil by giving him an everlasting pain which is Immortality. So in return Weil leaves the World with an everlasting threat/danger in the form of Model W. (I want for ZX3 now!)

Crap...I probably should have been more clear.

This thread isn't for the villains you liked.  This is for the villain who does something over the course of the plot (Plot, not gameplay) that was so evil you wanted that bastard DEAD. 

Basically, a complete monster.
Okay this thread is confusing. o-O

Oh well, anyway I'm still waiting for someone in the Rockman Series that can be similar to Hellmaster Phibrizzo. That bastard kid remains my idol for being evil.  [eyebrow]

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #36 on: October 03, 2009, 05:35:02 PM
Okay this thread is confusing. o-O
I don't see what's so confusing.  He said from the get-go "most evil", which doesn't mean your favorite.

I just mentioned Redips 'cause I couldn't help it.  >.>  Well, he DID have his eyes on the entire universe...  But yeah, Copy X holds the spot of "most evil" villain for me.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Keno

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #37 on: October 04, 2009, 10:41:08 PM
Listen, and understand. Sunstar is out there. It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead.

Offline Bag of Magic Food

• Neo Arcadian
  • Sonic's new friend Mr. Needlemouse
    • View Profile
Reply #38 on: October 05, 2009, 05:40:35 AM
Nah, we can convince him to protect John Connor instead.

Offline Acrosurge

• Crossover Hunter
  • Robot Master
    • View Profile
Reply #39 on: October 05, 2009, 04:52:13 PM
I find it difficult to believe I'm the only one who voted for Sigma.  I thought about voting for Copy X for the same reason Hypershell did, but then I had to take a look at the resumes.

Sigma has:

Very likely killed his creator, or at least attempted to do so (Maverick Hunter X)

Manipulated countless innocent reploids and watched many of them die (Vile, Zero, X, Middi, Techno, Doppler, General, Red, and nearly all the Mavericks)

Orchestrated the destruction of both the Sky Lagoon and the entire city beneath

Pointed a planet-busting weapon at Earth, attempting the elimination of both all humans and reploids

Forced the Eurasia colony into a collision course with Earth and risked planetary destruction just to turn Zero back to his original nature

Severely disrupted the cities and ecosystems of the entire planet, so much so that only reploids could remain on Earth's surface

The way I see it, only Weil comes close to the level of destruction and manipulation Sigma has achieved in his career.  But even Weil never conceived (nor achieved) planet-wide destruction.

Enjoy life,
Acrosurge

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #40 on: October 05, 2009, 07:24:02 PM
The way I see it, only Weil comes close to the level of destruction and manipulation Sigma has achieved in his career.  But even Weil never conceived (nor achieved) planet-wide destruction.

ELF wars...nuff said

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #41 on: October 05, 2009, 07:28:01 PM

As a result of Dr. Vile's ambitions, the Mother Elf was stolen and cursed to become the Dark Elf, the power that nearly destroyed the world. Using the Dark Elf and copies of the Dark Elf to control Repliroids and make these Repliroids fight amongst each other until none were left standing, the conflict known as the Elf Wars became the worst war in history. 60% of all humans, 90% of all Repliroids were wiped out. The conflict only heightened upon the completion of the messiah of his new world; Omega.

Using Dark Elf and Omega, he completed the operation to control all Repliroids. And using the satellite cannon known as Ragnarok he threatened to destroy the last remaining nature in the world, succeeded in killing the legendary hero Zero and remained a malicious force for centuries to come.

Tell me, how does he not exceed everything Sigma had done?

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #42 on: October 06, 2009, 09:02:35 AM
I wasn't going by destruction rate anyway - Sigma at least believed what he was doing was right, which makes him tend towards misguided rather than evil.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #43 on: October 06, 2009, 02:22:59 PM
There's never a villain that does things because they're "evil." All actions are solely because they think it's the thing that was needed to be done.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #44 on: October 06, 2009, 07:50:00 PM
They didn't do it because they were evil, but I'm fairly certain Weil knew what he was doing was unjustifiable in every way. He just didn't care. The other villains would at least say something along the lines of "It was for the best" rather than "Because I wanted them to suffer".

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #45 on: October 06, 2009, 09:16:59 PM
I recall Weil going on how much of an injustice it was for him, who was terminating Mavericks for the good of all, to be punished.

Offline Keno

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #46 on: October 06, 2009, 09:19:28 PM
Nah, we can convince him to protect John Connor instead.
2 was so gay.

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Magic Everywhere In This Bitch
  • Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
Reply #47 on: October 06, 2009, 09:32:27 PM
I'm gonna say Sigma. Weil never struck me as really evil in the games. I don't care what the source books say. When it comes to the games, Sigma [tornado fang]'d [parasitic bomb] up. Yeah, Weil has this great backstory where he did this and that.. But.. Eh. Took him 3 games to show up and that's after adding in all the mother elf [parasitic bomb].

Yeah, there were mavericks before Sigma, but he easily became the face of them. Took an entire unit of Hunter's with him when he turned Maverick, turned the Repliforce and the Hunters on each other, dropped an entire Colony on the planet releasing a strain of the virus so powerful that it even effected organic matter, lost his frikken mind and tried to colonize the moon.

And his minions killed the Green Biker Dude in his name. That's evil, man.

Juno was also pretty cool, too.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #48 on: October 06, 2009, 09:46:09 PM
I recall Weil going on how much of an injustice it was for him, who was terminating Mavericks for the good of all, to be punished.
So? Doesn't mean he believes it's righteous. Wanting revenge doesn't equate to feelings of morality.

This may just be ambiguity in wording. He could 'justify' it by saying "just returning the favor", but it wouldn't be a 'this is morally acceptable' kind of justify.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #49 on: October 06, 2009, 10:01:01 PM
So? Doesn't mean he believes it's righteous. Wanting revenge doesn't equate to feelings of morality.

This may just be ambiguity in wording. He could 'justify' it by saying "just returning the favor", but it wouldn't be a 'this is morally acceptable' kind of justify.

What I'm saying, is that at the time of Elf Wars, he did everything for the good of all. That is why he's going on about how there's no justice in the world.

releasing a strain of the virus so powerful that it even effected organic matter

That never happened.

lost his frikken mind and tried to colonize the moon.

He didn't lose his mind, and that plan was the human's.