Cpie · 10601

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #25 on: September 04, 2009, 02:20:48 AM
Religion stands in the way of progress once again!

So, does this make this round two thousand and forty five? I think that most people are sensitive at nearly all time. remember those types of crabs somewhere in the pacific? they eat themselves when someone dies amongst themselves, and it's okay with thier culture. And nobody cares about how they look either, or what specie are they at all. UNITY!

Sometimes people forget why they united in the first place too, but I digress.. some people just can't let go of the past. sometimes it's for the better to let it go than be trapped in it, it can drive people to madness.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Nekomata

• The Adorable
  • RPM Goddess
  • The Devil in The Poisoned Tuxedo
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: September 04, 2009, 05:58:15 AM
dear gaia, never reproduce.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: September 04, 2009, 06:43:04 AM
I understood something about crabs...

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Kit

• #1 wizard of disappearing
  • Master's Unit
  • hue
    • View Profile
    • Art stuff
Reply #28 on: September 04, 2009, 06:49:41 AM
Where does that come from? :\

Thank you South Park, for that wonderful episode on Gingers.

they dont think it be like it is but it do

Offline Bag of Magic Food

• Neo Arcadian
  • Sonic's new friend Mr. Needlemouse
    • View Profile
Reply #29 on: September 04, 2009, 06:57:54 AM
What, so no one here agrees that racism is still a big problem and we have to keep fighting it?  Anyone who calls out racism is just a "reverse racist" now?  I don't buy it.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #30 on: September 04, 2009, 07:46:51 AM
Otherwise, they wouldnt have thought of the act as racist. They WANT it to be a racist act.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Kit

• Master's Unit
  • hue
    • View Profile
    • Art stuff
Reply #31 on: September 04, 2009, 07:54:18 AM
What, so no one here agrees that racism is still a big problem and we have to keep fighting it?  Anyone who calls out racism is just a "reverse racist" now?  I don't buy it.

I do agree racism is a big problem in the United States, and I think it is stopping us from finally putting all this bullshit about slavery and whatnot behind us and get with the [tornado fang]ing 21st century already. Thank you for bitching about your lot in life, black people, and the government coming to run to your aid since it would be "racist" if they didn't and then you can continue your goddamn tirade on the "white supremacy" keeping you down.
Let me tell you a secret:
It's your own damn fault. Not the honkey's. YOURS.

And I don't aim this at any black people on this forum. You guys have good heads on your shoulders.
Kay I'm done with ranting.

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #32 on: September 04, 2009, 08:05:33 AM
I'm just saying you shouldn't be so quick to say "Hey, slavery's over, guys" and miss the subtler forms of racism and lingering effects of past injustices.  Don't blame the victim!

Offline Psycho Yuffie

• Neo Arcadian
  • Pffft!
    • View Profile
Reply #33 on: September 04, 2009, 08:15:40 AM
I do agree racism is a big problem in the United States, and I think it is stopping us from finally putting all this bullshit about slavery and whatnot behind us and get with the [tornado fang]ing 21st century already. Thank you for bitching about your lot in life, black people, and the government coming to run to your aid since it would be "racist" if they didn't and then you can continue your goddamn tirade on the "white supremacy" keeping you down.
Let me tell you a secret:
It's your own damn fault. Not the honkey's. YOURS.

And I don't aim this at any black people on this forum. You guys have good heads on your shoulders.
Kay I'm done with ranting.
That's a bit naive. It's true that slavery is over and that nobody living is responsible for it. It is time we all got over it. It happened; it was bad; however, it's over. No one living was ever a slave [in the United States]. No one living ever owned a slave [in the United States]. Racism is a real thing and it still exists. But we can't say that reverse-racism doesn't exist either. They both do.

It's been proven that people with "white-sounding" names on job applications are more likely to get a call-back. Men are more likely to get hired than women. All these things are real. They're happening now. Bias about sex and skin color--how dumb they might be--are still important to a lot of people in the US. I agree, however, that one of the major reasons why race continues to be an issue is because black people put so much emphasis on it. Hell, they made a holiday about it.

I, myself, have been a victim of reverse-racism. At one time, I worked at a grocery store as a cashier. One night, I waved a woman over to my cash register. All I was thinking about was how glad I was she came along. I had been standing there for like ten minutes bored out of my mind.

I started scanning her groceries and then she said, "Now, I'm not calling you racist, but I saw how you looked at me."

I stopped scanning and it took a few seconds for me to process what she had just said. Finally, I looked right at her and said, "Excuse me?"

"The way you looked at me. You looked at me a weird way because I'm black."

I was stunned. I didn't know what to say. The fact she was black never crossed my mind. When I was at my job I was focused on doing it and I didn't really care who I got. Most of the time I didn't even pay attention to what they looked like. All I could manage to say was that she was mistaken. I have honestly never been so insulted in my life. Still, to this day, nothing has topped that.

It was my first personal experience with racism--and my only one--and I never want to experience it again. This woman claimed I was racist just because I looked at her. This, in fact, makes her racist because she thinks that anyone who happens to be white and looks at her is racist. I still don't understand this. Even now, writing this post, I can't come to a proper conclusion...

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #34 on: September 04, 2009, 08:17:56 AM
I guess you happened to resemble all those other people who were looking at her in a weird way on purpose!

Offline Kit

• Master's Unit
  • hue
    • View Profile
    • Art stuff
Reply #35 on: September 04, 2009, 08:23:47 AM
That's a bit naive. It's true that slavery is over and that nobody living is responsible for it. It is time we all got over it. It happened; it was bad; however, it's over. No one living was ever a slave [in the United States]. No one living ever owned a slave [in the United States]. Racism is a real thing and it still exists. But we can't say that reverse-racism doesn't exist either. They both do.

It's been proven that people with "white-sounding" names on job applications are more likely to get a call-back. Men are more likely to get hired than women. All these things are real. They're happening now. Bias about sex and skin color--how dumb they might be--are still important to a lot of people in the US. I agree, however, that one of the major reasons why race continues to be an issue is because black people put so much emphasis on it. Hell, they made a holiday about it.

I, myself, have been a victim of reverse-racism. At one time, I worked at a grocery store as a cashier. One night, I waved a woman over to my cash register. All I was thinking about was how glad I was she came along. I had been standing there for like ten minutes bored out of my mind.

I started scanning her groceries and then she said, "Now, I'm not calling you racist, but I saw how you looked at me."

I stopped scanning and it took a few seconds for me to process what she had just said. Finally, I looked right at her and said, "Excuse me?"

"The way you looked at me. You looked at me a weird way because I'm black."

I was stunned. I didn't know what to say. The fact she was black never crossed my mind. When I was at my job I was focused on doing it and I didn't really care who I got. Most of the time I didn't even pay attention to what they looked like. All I could manage to say was that she was mistaken. I have honestly never been so insulted in my life. Still, to this day, nothing has topped that.

It was my first personal experience with racism--and my only one--and I never want to experience it again. This woman claimed I was racist just because I looked at her. This, in fact, makes her racist because she thinks that anyone who happens to be white and looks at her is racist. I still don't understand this. Even now, writing this post, I can't come to a proper conclusion...

I'm just putting out my opinion. =D

And what the crap? You looked at her weird? What?

Offline Psycho Yuffie

• Neo Arcadian
  • Pffft!
    • View Profile
Reply #36 on: September 04, 2009, 08:26:04 AM
And what the crap? You looked at her weird? What?
Exactly. That's what I was left thinking--even now.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #37 on: September 04, 2009, 08:37:44 AM
I'm just saying you shouldn't be so quick to say "Hey, slavery's over, guys" and miss the subtler forms of racism and lingering effects of past injustices.  Don't blame the victim!
what lingering effects?
You mean, the effect that since black people were slaves some God damn hundreds of years ago, the folks lifing NOW, see it fit to use it as an excuse to get their way, or justify their own racism?
that lingering effect?

what VICTIM. the whole reason that racism is still around is because no one wants to let it die. Especially the ones who play the racism card the most.

Some of the people you claim are victims, are part of the reason it still exists.
I think Kitsu put it best.
We need to forget this [parasitic bomb] and get on with the damn century.
But like I said before, there are the real racists, who are the ones that accuse others of it. people who say that the accidental shooting of a black cop who was off duty was a "racist" act, instead of considering the possibility it was just a case of pretty much mistaken identity. The cop only did what he was trained to do. thats all. sure, he made a huge mistake, but it wasnt a racist one.

Or that guy whats getting maried. Shawn bell or something? that was a case fo officers being "trigger happy" becase while NOTHING justifies 50 rounds each, it cannot SERIOUSLY be racism when there were black cops involved in the incident as well.

But once again, racism is the way to rile people up and get what they want in terms of "justice". Which is just nothing but revenge.

I wont deny however, that institutionalized racim doesnt exist, because it does...
How many times have you filled out a form that asks your race?
Black
White
Asian
Native American
Other

I swear to god that that pisses me off to o end. to the point that whenever I see other, I write AMERICAN. Because while race should not matter, some folks just wont let it die.

which reminds me. Another reason is that there are still some deep seated grudges, which have no foundation since its been a few generations since slavery and segregation. yet some of the current generation are not content with Racism simply "going away".

gah. I dont know where im going with this. Im tired.
Kitsu and Nodo put it best.

Offline Sky Child

• urine jokes
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #38 on: September 04, 2009, 08:39:54 AM
i thought discussions on racism weren't allowed on rpm

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #39 on: September 04, 2009, 08:41:55 AM
well it looks like the topic is an exception. :\
its being monitored by the Mods sos to not go out of hand...
But actually, your right.
:\ :\

Offline Sub Tank

• Neo Arcadian
  • PHOTOBUCKET EXPIRED
    • View Profile
Reply #40 on: September 04, 2009, 09:39:35 AM
i thought discussions on racism weren't allowed on rpm

Politics and religion IIRC.

I don't think a discussion on racism is going to turn ugly.  I'm pretty sure no one here is pro-racism.

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #41 on: September 04, 2009, 09:56:42 AM
I wont deny however, that institutionalized racim doesnt exist, because it does...
How many times have you filled out a form that asks your race?
Black
White
Asian
Native American
Other

I swear to god that that pisses me off to o end. to the point that whenever I see other, I write AMERICAN. Because while race should not matter, some folks just wont let it die.
Maybe we need to take note of everyone's "race" so we can spot racial discrimination in the records when it happens.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #42 on: September 04, 2009, 09:59:01 AM
Its actually (most of the time anyway...) simply for statistics, but it shouldnt matter. a person is a person. which is why it bothers me.

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #43 on: September 04, 2009, 10:01:56 AM
Then you should support efforts like that to make sure everyone gets treated equally, right?

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #44 on: September 04, 2009, 12:47:40 PM
Back on topic:

I WANT THEM TO KEEP THE BLACK MOJA THE WAY HE IS.

HE'S COOLEST OF THE BUNCH.

Offline Cpie

• Master Artist as well
  • Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #45 on: September 04, 2009, 02:20:45 PM
1 muslim... robotics was against his religion.

Who the [tornado fang] said such a dumb thing? I pop up to say that's completely wrong.

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Magic Everywhere In This Bitch
  • Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
Reply #46 on: September 04, 2009, 04:14:23 PM
All I got from this topic was "lol racism" and "gingers"

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #47 on: September 04, 2009, 04:55:24 PM
All I got from this topic was "lol racism" and "gingers"
Actually, "LOL RACISM" is a good way to put it.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #48 on: September 04, 2009, 05:20:31 PM
Hmm, you know, I think I'm going to lock this, not for any particular reason though. You all have been very good with the sharing of insights and thoughts on the matter and a lot of these posts really got me thinking as a person of colored descent. For that, I commend you all.