Wiigret?

Protodude · 23663

Offline vile mk4

• Robot Master
  • Muchah muchah , muchah much.. KI KIRI KI CHIIiii
    • View Profile
Reply #75 on: November 14, 2008, 12:13:49 PM
Bikini zombie slayers, House of the dead overkill, punch out wii, pikmin 3 and madworld.

I want a Wii.

MATA DA CAFEE, MATA DE CAFEE FEE FEEE FEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE !! AYHOYY AYHOY TE DERETETETEEE TE TERETETETETE REE TE TEEE AYHOYY AYHOY

FEEEVEEEER ...DON DONDON DONDON.... PON PON PON pon pon pon PON PON PON pon pon pon PON PON PONPON pon pon ponpon PONPON PON PON ponpon pon pon PONPONPON pon pon pon PONPATAPON ponpatapon PONPONPATAPONPONPON ponponpataponponpon NOOOOS QUEDAAAAAMOOOOOSSSS uhHIUP  ** PLOP **

BOM BOM BOM bom bom bom BOM BOM BOMBOM bom bom bombom ...AH, [tornado fang] THE WOOD, I DON NEED IT, LET'S KILL DODONGA AGAIN

Offline Da Dood

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Dood Trigger!
    • View Profile
Reply #76 on: November 14, 2008, 12:32:04 PM
The Wii was probably my single best investment last year along with food. I haven't disconnected the thing since July '07. :D

Galaxy is videogame perfection. Corruption has pretty much the best controls ever. Brawl I just can't stop playing, even though I'm not a big Smash Bros. fan. Mario Kart Wii is too addictive. No More Heroes is stylish. I have my reservations on Twilight Princess, but it's Zelda and was my first real Wii experience. Then there's excellent GC compatibility, WiiWare and the Virtual Console, which gives me oldies just the way they were.

The usual argument is that there aren't many good Wii games out there, but to be honest, I didn't "love" more than 10 of the PS1's four-million-game library. In the end I enjoy relatively the same amount of titles on every console. Even if Nintendo only delivers first-party quality, I'm all set. And I think even hardcore whores admire the Wii concept to some extension. I certainly had a lot of fun watching Galaxy mop the floor with competition last year.

Maybe I get way too much out of my games, so I don't mind certain limitations. I think Nintendo chose a very interesting path and slowly proves that gameplay will always earn more positive feedback than flashy tech aspects. What I've been experiencing with the Wii isn't available anywhere else. And I'll never understand this obsession with graphics. Good art will never look bad.

Next year will be awesome for The Conduit alone.

Offline Ephidiel

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #77 on: November 14, 2008, 01:58:02 PM
i don't regret buying the system.
I bought only 3 Games so far and i play more games on the DS or PSP but when there are good games i will play them since i have the possibility to do so. I can try all kind of games since my wii is modded and if there is a good game i might buy it. And there are a few games on my list to buy but they are not yet released and Nintendo is still rare with good RPGs on the console.

Offline Lami

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
Reply #78 on: November 14, 2008, 07:50:59 PM
 [objection!]

got to say I never owned a wii, but I do have extensive time using one and i can tell you right now that its not worth the price tag attached, its motion controls are in short a joke, barely capable of a simple task at its best (bowling, and its still buggy or unresponsive at times) or terribly unplayable at best (like boxing and many other games that use extensive wii controls) others basically map button presses to moving the remote, preforming a scripted action that is less intuitive and responsive than an actual button, like using a analog controller for megaman classic games that occasionally jams and doesn't work. few of the games made good use of the wii remote and the ones that did relied entirely on the pointer, something, the wiis electronics are probably about as technologically advanced as tilt and tumble kirby and i doubt the total manufacturing cost exceeds 10 dollars so have fun ripping yourself off the high way with nintendo, thats something that the other competitors didn't do, granted nintendo isn't made of money but they'd much rather make money instead of focusing on market penetration, another problem with this price tag is since its obligatory to make money off of everything everything that would have made nintendo's system great was cut out, hard drive feature to support the now utterly useless and unnessisary connect 24, more ram and perhaps with the help of the hard drive, virtual memory so multitasking would be possible dramatically increasing the usability, (whats that you want to check your messages from a friend, better restart your whole system then) better motion controls that don't suck for both the nunchuck and the wii remote being released only now in 09 and sure to cost 30 a pop, extremely high priced VC games and 0 hardcore games that offer a fundamental change in gameplay other than waggle really hard, almost every game thats of quality doesn't benefit from the wii's hardware at all with again the exception of the pointer, and while it is nice to play an FPS well on a console it quickly becomes old once you realize its still the same move around in a box full of aesthetically pleasing but functionally unusable objects while shooting other dudes. I'd rate Resident evil 4's strategy involvement and interactive environments above almost all of todays modern games although it looks like left for dead might beat that, almost every hardcore game that offers something fresh and new is skipping the wii it looks like.

overall I have to say wii has not changed the way games are played. the controls may be different but interface is how you interact with games not how you play them, nintendo is currently running on hot air and once they realize the average casual gamer doesn't want to buy 100 clones of casual puzzle games maybe they will do something truelly ground breaking and innovative instead of dumbing down game play mechanics for casual games and releasing crummy repetitive sequals to the hardcore.

Offline Nekomata

• The Adorable
  • RPM Goddess
  • The Devil in The Poisoned Tuxedo
    • View Profile
Reply #79 on: November 14, 2008, 07:53:27 PM
CAPITAL LETTERS ARE YOUR FRIEND.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #80 on: November 14, 2008, 07:54:25 PM
So are Periods and proper sentence structure!

Offline Alice in Entropy

• Genderifically Confuzzled
  • Master's Unit
  • MAKE LOVE FOR MY KITTENS
    • View Profile
Reply #81 on: November 14, 2008, 08:03:37 PM
So are Periods and proper sentence structure!
Mmmmm...correct grammar. <3 *Is a Grammar Nazi*

Anyway, as for the main point, do I regret buying a Wii? My answer:

Hell no.

I'm a loyal fan of Nintendo (that's not to say I won't dabble in other systems, though), and I personally love my white box of fun. Without a Wii, I wouldn't have played No More Heroes, a game so deliciously OTT and awesome, it's probably become on of my favourite games of all time. =D

Offline Lami

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
Reply #82 on: November 14, 2008, 08:08:56 PM
CAPITAL LETTERS ARE YOUR FRIEND.
I actually hate capital letters and don't understand their value in regards to sentences. Although the punctuation is not my strong suit either, at least with a keyboard. i have a tendency to hit , instead of . on reflex.
but really while my writing isn't perfect I was never bulldozed about it before here and back then i was probably worse. apparently there was a purge that happened at some time.

Offline Psycho Yuffie

• Neo Arcadian
  • Pffft!
    • View Profile
Reply #83 on: November 14, 2008, 08:28:02 PM
I don't regret buying a Wii because I haven't bought one. I am a fan of Wii Sports, though. It's fun playing it at my friend's house. I wasn't a fan of Super Mario Galaxy, though. The camera annoyed me way too much to enjoy it. It's like they copy and pasted the camera script from Super Mario 64 and said, "Good enough." They obviously didn't factor in the possibility that you aren't always going to be walking on a flat plane. In a game where you're only walking on tiny spheres most of the time, this is a huge flaw into what would otherwise be a great game. Unfortunately, this is a flaw that can't be ignored because it's always staring you in the face from the very beginning of the game.

I did like Mario Kart Wii, though. It takes a little time to get used to the controls, but I did enjoy it. Not as good as Double Dash, though.

I really want to play Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Klonoa, and maybe a little Punch Out. I sucked at the NES version, so I'll probably suck just as badly at the Wii version.

Offline MrBaryl

• A new Shooting Star.
  • B-Class Hunter
  • "Everything for you"
    • View Profile
Reply #84 on: November 15, 2008, 09:34:49 AM
The bad part about the wii is his NO INTERESTING TITLES thingy, I played SMG and it was decent, but also it's another "go rescue the damn princess again like EVAR!!" just because a new character named after a really old character (pauline) is in the game doesn't mean that the game will be more interesting!!

.....and is a SM64 wannabe.....

I don't regret playing wii because I don't have one, I just go to the mall and I rent it for 1 hour of play or more, If Im going to decide for buying a wii, then i'm going to hide on a cave with army-supplies because it would take me a era to decide it, the wii is a elegant playing station with it has his bad's.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #85 on: November 15, 2008, 07:54:23 PM
I will buy MP1 and MP2 for Wii just to show support (Along with Pikmin 1 and 2, I love those games.), and a ton of those games are appealing to me in many ways.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #86 on: November 15, 2008, 08:46:43 PM
The bad part about the wii is his NO INTERESTING TITLES thingy, I played SMG and it was decent, but also it's another "go rescue the damn princess again like EVAR!!" just because a new character named after a really old character (pauline) is in the game doesn't mean that the game will be more interesting!!

what SMG did you play? there's no Pauline in there. and there is more at stake in the game than just Peach.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #87 on: November 15, 2008, 08:50:26 PM
what SMG did you play? there's no Pauline in there. and there is more at stake in the game than just Peach.

It would have been more effective to leave this opinion alone, after all there's only so much reasoning can do against ignorance...

Offline Protodude

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
    • Protodude's Rockman Corner
Reply #88 on: November 15, 2008, 10:32:31 PM
.....and is a SM64 wannabe.....

Considering it's the "true" sequel to SM64, why does this matter?

Offline TeaOfJay

• Resident Talking Tea Cup/ Lazy Super Hero
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • ROW ROW FIGHT DA POWAH!
    • View Profile
Reply #89 on: November 15, 2008, 11:07:46 PM
Considering I just recently bought Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World, I'd say I don't regret my purchase.

I also don't regret camping out in front of Wal-Mart from 4 A.M. to the mid- night launch.

F.Y.I. If you really need to camp out in front of a store to get a new system, Wal-Mart is the place to do it. It's open 24 hours a day which means access to bathrooms and food.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #90 on: November 15, 2008, 11:49:38 PM
The only bad thing are the release dates.

WTF was wrong with Brawl? I SO wanted to play that with you guys and when we finally got it the hype was over.

GOOD GOING NINTENDO.

And this thread should be named 'Wiigret?'

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #91 on: November 16, 2008, 12:02:09 AM
The only Wiigret I can come up with right now is that I didn't wait for more first party greats... Where the hell is my StarFox Wii Nintendo? XD

Offline Psycho Yuffie

• Neo Arcadian
  • Pffft!
    • View Profile
Reply #92 on: November 16, 2008, 03:23:09 AM
You, sir, are a genius.

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #93 on: November 16, 2008, 03:25:12 AM

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #94 on: November 16, 2008, 03:27:50 AM
Considering I just recently bought Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World, I'd say I don't regret my purchase.

I also don't regret camping out in front of Wal-Mart from 4 A.M. to the mid- night launch.

F.Y.I. If you really need to camp out in front of a store to get a new system, Wal-Mart is the place to do it. It's open 24 hours a day which means access to bathrooms and food.

When did that come out? ???

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #95 on: November 16, 2008, 05:08:09 AM

WTF was wrong with Brawl? I SO wanted to play that with you guys and when we finally got it the hype was over.

GOOD GOING NINTENDO.

You should get it anyway and still play with us!  As you can see by the Brawl topic, we play it a lot.

Also, thread has been renamed! XD

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #96 on: November 16, 2008, 05:11:58 AM
I hope Animal Crossing 3 is as good as Animal Crossing 1, And allows you to use the Classic Controller, or else its charm will be wasted on me and my resistance to play games with too much Motion Sensing.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #97 on: November 16, 2008, 05:15:36 AM
Judging from impressions from various places, it would seem as though the experience in Animal Crossing: City Folk isn't any different from the DS version (Wild World). Thing is, I can't tell if that really is the truth or just hyperbole from the folks who don't care enough to be truthful about the game due to its nature. Either way, it's an up in the air purchase for me, if more people I can trust post impressions on it, that might be the true deciding factor for me.

Offline HokutoNoBen

• We Are Living! Living in 90s...90s...90s...
  • RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile
Reply #98 on: November 16, 2008, 07:22:34 PM
"Wiigret"?

Not at all.

Though I do think it's a bit foolish to go at it with the Wii being your only/main source of gaming fun. My PS2 and gaming-ready (well, it won't run top notch games, but it's enough to get me Fallout 3!) PC are more than ample enough to make up where the Wii couldn't hope to carry by itself. My PS3...hopefully will start vindicating itself by another year's time.  -u-'

And in less than a month, games like Tatsunoko vs. Capcom, the very game that made me go "SF4 who?!", will be out and about for the importing. Then there will be others like MadWorld, Monster Hunter Tri, Sengoku Musou 3 and Oboro also in the pipeline.

In short, yeah, 2009 is probably going to be the year where the Wii "wii-lly" starts to shine. Just like it took the DS 2 or so years to really get on the stick (thanks to devs seeing it was not just a quirky "fad"), such will be the way for the Wii.

Offline Akamaru

• RPM's Puppy Mascot
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I love winter time.
    • View Profile
Reply #99 on: November 16, 2008, 07:26:13 PM

GOOD GOING NINTENDO.
If you haven't noticed, the SSBB hype is still going on in RPM...

When was the last time I poked you guys...