Wiigret?

Protodude · 23665

Offline Protodude

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
    • Protodude's Rockman Corner
on: November 14, 2008, 03:47:48 AM
This is a topic I hear about all the time: regretting buying a Wii.

Anyone out there truly bored with their Wii and/or regret even purchasing one? Personally, I love my Wii and have not once regretted my purchase. Although I have to admit, there are days when it goes un-played.

I expect this trend to dissipate within the next year as 2009 is going to rock.

EDIT: Ugh, just noticed. Wrong forum. Move plz!
« Last Edit: November 16, 2008, 05:07:26 AM by Protoman Blues »

Offline TheDivine

• Resistance Member
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: November 14, 2008, 03:50:44 AM
I regret it. I really, really do. Twilight Princess was more fun on the Cube, Prime 3 wasn't all that great, and I can't stand the controller. Almost everything else has a superior version on the PS3 and/or 360. Anything on the VC is easily played for free with an emulator..Yeah. I regret it.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: November 14, 2008, 03:52:48 AM
I didn't buy my Wii.  It was completelii frii.   8D

Even if I did, absolutewii not.  I love this system.  I've had untold of amounts of fun playing it, and I'm looking forward to a LOT of the games mentioned on that list.  I play my Wii a lot more than my 36tii and PSThrii/   8)

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #3 on: November 14, 2008, 03:52:52 AM
More than 7 Wii games, 50 bought VCWare games and lots of friends to connect with... no, I don't Wiigret it one bit~

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Klavier Gavin

• RPM Soldier
  • Einspruch!
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: November 14, 2008, 03:54:15 AM
Samurai Showdown for PS2/PSP? o_o

[tornado fang]ing get! 8D

Offline TheDivine

• Resistance Member
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: November 14, 2008, 03:54:23 AM
I play my 360 more than any of the three. (Yes, I have all three)

As for the list..the only thing that really stuck out for me was Lightsaber Duels. : /

Offline Trask

• Laid-back and easy-going
  • B-Class Hunter
  • Shoot to thrill...
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: November 14, 2008, 03:55:25 AM
I don't regret buying a Wii either.  I loves me some Brawl, Mario Galaxy, Twilight Princess, and Metroid Prime 3.  Now, if only I had No More Heroes. :| 

Offline Pringer X

• Ultimate Super Robot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Pringer Beam!
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: November 14, 2008, 03:55:32 AM
2009 is going to rock.

*heart stops* Oh my god  owo 0v0 owo 0v0 owo 0v0 owo 0v0 I LOVE THIS LIST!!! Too many games I want from it  owo owo owo

Offline TheDivine

• Resistance Member
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: November 14, 2008, 03:57:33 AM
I loves me some Brawl, Mario Galaxy, Twilight Princess, and Metroid Prime 3.

Brawl is almost exactly the same as Melee, but I've never been a fan of the series to begin with. Mario Galaxy had a terrible camera, which ruined the game for me. Prime was okay, but as good as the previous two, and I've already bitched and complained about Twilight Princess way to many times.

Anyway, walking away.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: November 14, 2008, 03:57:47 AM
Honestly, those people who regret buying a Wii are just very silly individuals. They feel most of the time that Nintendo doesn't cater to them while ignoring Nintendo's recent offerings, the Virtual Console, and a good influx of decent to above average third party games. Their most common excuse is "Nintendo doesn't cater to hardcore gamers" when in reality they themselves aren't (as much as I hate the whole hardcore/casual classifications) hardcore enough to find things that can appeal to them on the system. The whole regretting a console purchase really seems stupid since it isn't the console but the games that make a system. If your tastes aren't on console X, don't get it or wait for them to appear. Simple no?

Now then getting back on topic, I will admit that after the launch of Super Smash Bros. Brawl / Mario Kart Wii things haven't been the liveliest from the big red N, however if there's one thing I can do it's be patient. 2009 already looks to be [tornado fang]ing awesome based on just what we know and that doesn't cover any stealth surprises Nintendo might have planned for us. The ones who'll benefit from this are the true gamers really.

Finally, no I don't regret buying a Wii, as a matter of fact, I love my little white system. It's given me a chance to experience games that I wouldn't have otherwise due to age/availability as well as innovate in a way that I actually care about. (Not to mention mother[tornado fang]ing Super Mario Galaxy.) People are all different though, so don't take my word for all of this.

EDIT - Why the hell do I feel like I'm at NeoGAF? XD

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: November 14, 2008, 03:58:39 AM
This system provided me with 8-Bit Playable Blues.  It's worth every penny Lou spent!   8)

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #11 on: November 14, 2008, 03:59:31 AM
After this?

No way in hell.

There are perhaps one or two games I didn't need to buy (NiGHTS Journey of Dreams......why?).  But for the system as a whole, I love it.  And I STILL haven't gotten my hands on Galaxy yet.  Plus Punch-Out!! is on its way.

Oh, and Zelda's Helm Splitter pjwns on the Wii version, period.  I also enjoy having more than two items accessible.  I'm amazed at how much Wind Waker camera and an accurate portrayal of the sun's movements means to some people, but to each their own.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline TheDivine

• Resistance Member
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: November 14, 2008, 04:01:31 AM
Honestly, those people who regret buying a Wii are just very silly individuals. They feel most of the time that Nintendo doesn't cater to them while ignoring Nintendo's recent offerings, the Virtual Console, and a good influx of decent to above average third party games. Their most common excuse is "Nintendo doesn't cater to hardcore gamers" when in reality they themselves aren't (as much as I hate the whole hardcore/casual classifications) hardcore enough to find things that can appeal to them on the system.

Now then getting back on topic, I will admit that after the launch of Super Smash Bros. Brawl / Mario Kart Wii things haven't been the liveliest from the big red N, however if there's one thing I can do it's be patient. 2009 already looks to be [tornado fang]ing awesome based on just what we know and that doesn't cover any stealth surprises Nintendo might have planned for us. The ones who'll benefit from this are the true gamers really.

Finally, no I don't regret buying a Wii, as a matter of fact, I love my little white system. It's given me a chance to experience games that I wouldn't have otherwise due to age/availability as well as innovate in a way that I actually care about. People are all different though, so don't take my word for all of this.

I don't think Nintendo doesn't cater to me, nor do I think I'm a hardcore gamer. The system can be fun, in small amounts. I probably WOULD enjoy the system if I was able to play the majority of the games that I do enjoy with the classic controller -- But don't get me wrong, thats not the only reason I'm not a fan of the system.

So don't put words into my mouth. I'm not "silly" for having an opinion, Nintendo just isn't offering anything all that mystifying.

I will admit though, I forgot about Mario Kart Wii. I [tornado fang]ing love that [parasitic bomb]. So I guess that it was worth it, if just for that.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #13 on: November 14, 2008, 04:04:57 AM
I'm surprised.  Mario Kart Wii was one of the big let-downs, unless you're good at directing your attention solely at the online mode.  The AI in that game blows, and this is coming from someone who defends Double Dash.

But there is another unavoidable reason to love your Wii:

[tornado fang]ing BIOLLANTE!

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: November 14, 2008, 04:05:41 AM
Hey I didn't put words in anyone's mouth... Sorry if it sounded like that. Still though, it's just weird to me that someone can grow to dislike a game console you invest in. If you're buying the system, you're acknowledging that you like something on it or the promise of something for it so why not give it a chance to get there first?

Offline TheDivine

• Resistance Member
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: November 14, 2008, 04:07:18 AM
I got it for Prime 3 and Galaxy. I was disappointed.

My sister loves the damn thing, though.

I'm surprised.  Mario Kart Wii was one of the big let-downs, unless you're good at directing your attention solely at the online mode.

Online.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: November 14, 2008, 04:08:42 AM
I don't, seriously, those "hardcore" gamers need to see that there are good games right now and that there are even more coming 2009 instead of troling the Wii everytime.

Good games of the top of my head (Including multiplatform games):
-Zelda Twilight Princess
-Metroid Prime 3
-Mario Galaxy
-Smash Bros Brawl
-No More Heroes
-Wario Land Shake It
-Metal Slug Anthology
-SNK Classics Vol. 1
-Guilty Gear Accent Core
-Sonic and the Secret Rings
-Mario Kart Wii
-Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn/Godess of Dawn
-Tales of Symphonia Dawn of New World/Knights of Ratatosk
-Disaster Day of Crisis
-Captain Rainbow
-Animal Crossing City Folk
-Tenchu 4
-Fatal Frame 4

Arguable
-Wii Music (Biggest example of love it or hate it ever)
-Wii Fit
-Wii Sports
-Rayman Raving Rabbid series (what can I say? I adore those fluffy and crazy guys XD)

In the Future
-Tatsunoko VS Capcom
-Sin & Punishment 2
-Punch Out
-No More Heroes Desperate Struggle
-Pikmin 3
-Future Mario game
-Future Zelda game
-Kizuna
-Mad World
-Muramasa The Demon Blade
-Monster Hunter 3
-Klonoa Door to Phantomile
-Another Code/Trace Memory R
-The Conduit

And again, that's just off the top of my head, not to mention there's also Wiiware and the Virtual Console.

Brawl is almost exactly the same as Melee,
XD Seriously? If you ask the "serious" smashers the biggest complain is that it is too different from Melee.

Honestly, those people who regret buying a Wii are just very silly individuals. They feel most of the time that Nintendo doesn't cater to them while ignoring Nintendo's recent offerings, the Virtual Console, and a good influx of decent to above average third party games. Their most common excuse is "Nintendo doesn't cater to hardcore gamers" when in reality they themselves aren't (as much as I hate the whole hardcore/casual classifications) hardcore enough to find things that can appeal to them on the system. The whole regretting a console purchase really seems stupid since it isn't the console but the games that make a system. If your tastes aren't on console X, don't get it or wait for them to appear. Simple no?

EDIT - Why the hell do I feel like I'm at NeoGAF? XD

QFMFT

And I'd say you feel at GAF because of all the Wii abandonment talk and having to type long posts XD (I lurk there so I kinda know)

EDIT: Almost forgot The Conduit.

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline TheDivine

• Resistance Member
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: November 14, 2008, 04:10:45 AM
I apologize for giving my opinion in a respectable manner, didn't realize that meant I was trolling the system. I won't post in this thread anymore, wouldn't want to offend.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: November 14, 2008, 04:11:52 AM
Also, list wars. Unavoidable & necessary yet kinda saddening.

I apologize for giving my opinion in a respectable manner, didn't realize that meant I was trolling the system.

...No one said you were. As a matter of fact, I liked talking out some of this stuff with someone of differing opinion.

I'm weird like that.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: November 14, 2008, 04:12:58 AM
I apologize for giving my opinion in a respectable manner, didn't realize that meant I was trolling the system. I won't post in this thread anymore, wouldn't want to offend.

It wasn't at you, it's at lots of other people in many other gaming forums. Besides, I hadn't read your post before I started to write that.

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline TheDivine

• Resistance Member
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: November 14, 2008, 04:13:57 AM
Sorry, so used to being accused of being a troll, as soon as I see the word I go into auto-defense mode.

Carry on.

Offline shinobigoomba

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: November 14, 2008, 04:36:19 AM
I kinda regret it.....but then again I play my 360 in between the big wii releases.
Hell...the last really great wii game I played was Brawl.
Hopefully animal crossing will be great.

Offline Nekomata

• The Adorable
  • RPM Goddess
  • The Devil in The Poisoned Tuxedo
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: November 14, 2008, 04:37:30 AM
OPINION FIGHT

PS waggle controls are a major turn off.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: November 14, 2008, 04:46:39 AM
Listen, everyone is entitled to their opinion of the Wii.  Some people love it and it's just not for some people.  Arguing tastes in systems/games is pretty silly, if you ask me.  However, let me offer my analysis of the current state of Wii Hate (I love it when I rhyme).  Keep in mind, this is NOT directed at anyone here at all.  It's just my opinion...

Ahem...

When the Wii first came out, a lot of people were skeptical about the WiiMote controller and what it could do.  "Motion Sensor Controls?  That's TOO RADICAL!"  As we all know, the awesome 80's word can be used for both a good or bad or curious description.  Then the system came out, and it was overwhelmingly popular.  Sure, their was untold of praise, but there were also complaints.  No good games vs. [tornado fang] You, MARIO GALAXY ROCKS!  Wii Sports is a Fad vs. SEND ME YOUR MII NOW.  And so on and so forth.  However, if you really think about it, not all that much has changed in terms of praise or complaints about gaming, except for one small teensy weensy thing...The Internet. 

Thanks to the Net, your average, run-of-the-mill, unsocial nerdish gamer was allowed the freedom to express their hate or foolish fanboyish love of said games or systems.  NOW, they actually had an outlet besides their primary clique of friends.  And even in this golden era of constant information there were still complaining.  Hell, probably more so now that they have an outlet.  I mean, do you wanna know what I thought the saddest display I've ever seen in gaming history was, besides the death threat to EGM for their Nude DOA Volleyball April Fools Prank?  People who complained about Brawl Updates.  For [tornado fang]'S sake, Nintendo is actually doing you a favor with the Smash Dojo, updating it with new info every weekday, and people STILL complained?  How is that possible?  I was amazed at the impatience and downright spoiled nastiness I saw with that.  LoL, perhaps that's my age showing.  For, I remember a time where the ONLY info I got was from Nintendo Power, and that came out once every month.  But that's beside the point.

People are always going to complain.  It's human nature, and it's 100% NERDISH nature.  A lot of people hate the Wii cause they don't feel it's coming out with the "real" games yet, and instead pumping out the casual "Wii Sports" type [parasitic bomb], not to mention all the loads of crap that come out on it.  Even I was amazed at the popularity of Wii Sports in Japan, a game in which we got for free.  Then, they announced Wii Fit, and a lot of gamers were in an uproar.  LoL, I'll never forget how people thought this game wasn't going to be huge, whereas I knew it was.  It made Nintendo a fuckton of money, and guess what?  People still complained.  Amazing, huh.  They keep saying or preaching that the Wii can't continue to last this way, with the shovelware and "casual" gaming, and for the most part, have been proven wrong on every occasion. 

Anyway, to my main Wii Point.  There are numerous reasons why people hate the Wii. 

-Some people just actually don't like the games, and it's simply not for them.  This is probably the most rational reason.
-Some gamers hate it due to it's popularity.  There are people in this world who think that it's cool to hate or dislike things that society deems popular or "cool" because either they want to be deviants and outcasts or they think they're "taking a stand". 
-Some gamers hate it out of pure spite for the fact that they were 100% wrong about it's popularity or how well the games did.  They feel foolish, so there natural response is to feign hatred.
-Some gamers don't like it due to the fact that grown un-nerdy adults and other "non-gamers" have sort of infiltrated their sanctuary.  And unlike the recent influx of hot chicks they see in the comic book store, these outsiders are not welcome.

It's funny, actually.  I'm writing a paper for Sociology on how Instant Information and Communication has Altered Our Society.  The Information Age is a very interesting time for sociological study.  I find it fascinating myself.  Anyway though, those are my reasons for Wii Hate. 

Offline Pringer X

• Ultimate Super Robot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Pringer Beam!
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: November 14, 2008, 04:49:38 AM
*applauds* Nice one PB.