News Round Up: August 8 - August 15

Protodude · 3788

Offline Protodude

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
    • Protodude's Rockman Corner
on: August 15, 2009, 08:40:07 PM
Rockman 1 Complete Works On JPN PlayStation Network

Rockman 1 is now available for download at the Japanese PlayStation Store. The game will run you a mere $6. Fortunately, there is no region restriction for PlayStation Store, meaning you can purchase the game even though you don't live in Japan. All you need is a Japanese PSN account and a JPN PlayStation Network card to redeem Yen. More on that here.

If Inafune Wants a New MML, He Probably Wouldn't Be Denied

In a thread over at Capcom Unity, Christian "Sven" Svensson responded to a fan's inquiry regarding the potential of a new Mega Man Legends title and if Keiji Inafune is still adamant on producing a sequel. Sven's response:

“I can’t really speak on behalf of Inafune, but I do know that MM is near and dear to his heart. And if Inafune wants something badly enough, he is rarely denied in our greenlight/CS management meetings.”

Sounds a bit like a hint if you ask me. You never know what Capcom could be cooking.

Zero Manga Too?

Udon Entertainment is showing off some major love for Mega Man recently. With plans to release the Complete Works art books and Megamix and ZX series manga in the US, these guys are really shaping up to be fans' new best friends. Can it get any better? If you're a fan of Hideto Kajima's Rockman Zero manga, then yes, it can.

The September issue of Nintendo Power brings word that Udon might be planning on publishing the Mega Man Zero manga in North America:

"Udon is also planning to bring Mega Man manga to North America, focusing on the original Mega Man series and Mega Man Zero, though release dates haven't been determined." (p.11)

I'm a little iffy on this due to the fact that the blurb didn't mention Udon's ZX manga plans. Is it possible NP meant to say ZX manga instead of Zero?

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #1 on: August 15, 2009, 08:46:00 PM
Looks like it's only manga this year. that's good.. but bring the X mangas over dammit! Jeebus Zero and ZX is getting overraited, like it is enough already! (sorry fans, but it's always ZX3 this, ZX3 that, gets annoying after awhile)

Rockman 1 Complete Works  on PSN? that's good. but I don't have an account. that's bad. Greenlighting Lengends could be a good decesion too.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: August 15, 2009, 08:53:23 PM
I said it once and Ill say it again, I dont care if they bring the Zero manga, as long as they Bring the Iwamoto X mangas, and Arigas as well.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: August 15, 2009, 08:57:03 PM
Sounds a bit like a hint if you ask me. You never know what Capcom could be cooking.

THIS BETTER BE

Help me remember please... Will Capcom attend TGS this year?

Offline HokutoNoBen

• We Are Living! Living in 90s...90s...90s...
  • RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: August 16, 2009, 12:02:41 AM
THIS BETTER BE

Help me remember please... Will Capcom attend TGS this year?

Oh, they most definitely will. If nothing else, Sengoku BASARA 3 is enough of a thing to have them be in attendance. Anything else will just end up being the stuff of a "nice surprise".  <3

Seriously though, I just wonder what's causing Inafune to drag his feet. As I suspected all along, he's the kinda guy that has both the seniority, as well as the position (head of R&D), that he could have made DASH3 happen likely a good while ago, and yet he hasn't, likely due to his wanton for Lost Planet.

We Mega Man fans are the ones who helped you get to where you ARE, Inafune. Let's see some return favor, eh?

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: August 16, 2009, 12:17:23 AM
Maybe he wants to refine the LP engine until it's perfectly suited for Legends? Remember he said that engine could be used for a third installment.

I hope Capcom presents some good stuff at TGS... like all those rumored things that were not shown on E3 because they were so afraid of the swine flu.