Official Unofficial StarFox discussion thread

Ninja Lou · 38889

Offline OKeijiDragon

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #100 on: January 01, 2010, 07:30:51 AM
Here, I found our SF64 vs SNES Star Fox soundtrack discussion.

Nah, 64's Corneria music wasn't even close to the awesomeness of SNES's.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWKhv9WQYn8[/youtube]

^ This would make your case.

Such a shame the original composer for SF1 left Nintendo after it was released. Why did he leave in the first place?

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #101 on: January 02, 2010, 06:14:49 AM
Ah, good ol StarFox. It's been mentioned on these forums a few times. First things first though;

StarFox Music> StarFox 64 Music.

Now that that's out of the way, I like this series for the most part. The first two are at the top of the list for obvious reasons. On Foot StarFox is a no-no, unless it's on it's own and not mixed in with the flying and driving (I second the JFG motion here). They should really make another game with the Corridor/All-Range ratio of SF64. It doesn't feel like a StarFox game without the proper amount of Corridor segments.

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #102 on: January 02, 2010, 07:11:57 AM
Thread got me wanting to play SF64 again, so I took Expert and the following hardest medal route:

Corneria-Meteo-Katina-Sector X-Titania-Bolse-Venom 1

Bolse.
Was.
HARD.

Only because I'd keep getting random enemy collisions. Argh! </wii>

Offline LightningKitsune

• Repliforce 8th Unit Commander
  • Robot Master
  • Smarter than Springman
    • View Profile
Reply #103 on: January 02, 2010, 05:10:05 PM
That and the laser spam coming from it's core.

Macbeth was fun when you flip the switch. Cue 1812 Overture.

Quote from: Protoman Blues
Wily was tired of living in Dr. Light's gluttonous, douche shadow.  Rightfully so, too!  He didn't betray Light.  He valiantly, dare I say, HEROICALLY, casted off his shackles and asserted himself to his rightful place, going so far as to bring order to a world of chaos!

Offline DarkWaltz

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Magic bananas!
    • View Profile
    • DarkWaltz's DeviantArt Page
Reply #104 on: January 03, 2010, 04:41:37 AM
Along with massive amounts of explosions.

I think the boss on Macbeth was one of the hardest. Damn thing moved around so much it was hard to hit it. That and I suck driving the Landmaster, give me the Arwing any day.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #105 on: January 03, 2010, 06:45:42 AM
I prefer the Arwing as well, but I was pretty good at the Landomastahhhh.  The Sub too, but I could honestly do without it in future Star Fox games.

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #106 on: January 03, 2010, 07:08:01 AM
I liked the torpedo spam, as unnecessary as it is.

Offline LightningKitsune

• Robot Master
  • Smarter than Springman
    • View Profile
Reply #107 on: January 04, 2010, 05:05:37 PM
I always liked to imagine how Andross seized control of Macbeth. I found one explanation on a 64 playthrough.

"I just imagine Andross walked into a meeting one day and shot everyone in the face."

Wily was tired of living in Dr. Light's gluttonous, douche shadow.  Rightfully so, too!  He didn't betray Light.  He valiantly, dare I say, HEROICALLY, casted off his shackles and asserted himself to his rightful place, going so far as to bring order to a world of chaos!

Offline DarkWaltz

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Magic bananas!
    • View Profile
    • DarkWaltz's DeviantArt Page
Reply #108 on: January 05, 2010, 07:12:25 PM
I always wondered how Andross was able to create such a huge army in the first place, since it seems that there were many loyal to him, or they possibly could have been mercenaries for hire.

Now that I think about it, Macbeth might've been the first one that Andross fully controlled. Macbeth is known for weapons manufacturing and such, he might have had influence there from the beginning. Because of this Area 6 and Bolse were able to be built before Coneria finally noticed that something was up.

Offline OKeijiDragon

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #109 on: January 07, 2010, 05:49:09 AM
Two of my favorite games in the Star Fox series happen to be Star Fox 2 and Star Fox 64. For SF2, being the most famous unreleased title in the world, it's such a shame that such a wonderful game like it didn't see the light of day in retail. That doesn't do the game any justice and something should be done about it! ;)

One thing I liked about Star Fox 2 was its controls for the Walker parts. With the right controller settings, the game plays very similarly to Mega Man Legends.  >w< That's definitely a neat thing (to me at least, cause I'm used to those kind of controls.)

Also, did a run for it just recently.

Offline LightningKitsune

• Robot Master
  • Smarter than Springman
    • View Profile
Reply #110 on: January 07, 2010, 04:31:11 PM
I know there's a somewhat complete ROM of StarFox 2 out there. I wish they would work on it and put it on the Virtual Console.

Aside from Area 6, Meteo's got my vote as favorite level.

Offline Kieran

• He's just a
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #111 on: January 07, 2010, 08:31:27 PM
They are not going to finish Starfox 2 and put it on VC.  I roll my eyes harder every time I see someone talk about that.  Pretty soon they're gonna spin out of control and fly out.

The Other Side
http://www.crowdedstreet.net
irc.esper.net #theotherside

Commander Shepard: *stares blankly at a video of scantily clad asari dancers* ...What kind of hotel is this?
Liara T'Soni: It is a luxury resort with an... exotic edge.  Azure is slang for a part of the asari body in some places on Illium.
Shepard: Where?
Liara: The lower reaches, near the bottom.
Shepard: I meant, "where on the asari body?"
Liara: So did I.

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #112 on: January 07, 2010, 09:04:41 PM
The VC emulator doesn't support Super FX chip just yet. And there are other chips tested, like CX4 (X2 and X3) and those didn't work either. But the moment that Nintendo is able to put up the original Star Fox on VC, we can inject Star Fox 2 into it, and be able to play it on the Wii. ^^

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline OKeijiDragon

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #113 on: January 07, 2010, 11:11:14 PM
They are not going to finish Starfox 2 and put it on VC.  I roll my eyes harder every time I see someone talk about that.  Pretty soon they're gonna spin out of control and fly out.
Of course they won't finish it. THEY ALREADY DID!  ::)

I've said this already before, but I feel that if Star Fox hits VC and does very well, then I'm positive we would see Star Fox 2 on VC too. It would be even better if Nintendo releases a new Star Fox game for Wii as well.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #114 on: January 07, 2010, 11:21:56 PM
They finished Mother 1, (completely translated too!) but never released it. Still, VC needs moar StarFox!

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #115 on: January 08, 2010, 01:03:19 AM
Nintendo wants to forget that StarFox 2 was ever made, so don't get your hopes up. I will be pleasantly surprised if ever they do release it, but it's very highly unlikely.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #116 on: January 09, 2010, 04:30:15 AM
I don't think it's too likely, either.  But we probably all said that about Japan-only releases.  I mean, who honestly saw Sin & Punishment coming before any credible news on it broke?

Either way, they should.  Whether or not they will is another matter.

The VC emulator doesn't support Super FX chip just yet. And there are other chips tested, like CX4 (X2 and X3) and those didn't work either. But the moment that Nintendo is able to put up the original Star Fox on VC, we can inject Star Fox 2 into it, and be able to play it on the Wii. ^^
If you're going to hack, then why the hell would you go to the trouble of injecting ROMs into VC files when you could just use SNES 9X GX and enjoy SF2 this very second?  Even when compatibility is expanded, no amount of VC tampering is going to match GX's control options (what do you know, you CAN play MMX with a Wii Remote).

So far as VC compatibility goes, I think that's more a matter of them not releasing what they're not using than it is not being actually able.  They got Mario Kart and SMRPG, so they are obviously both open to and able to emulate coprocessor chips.  I wouldn't be in the least surprised if a Super FX VC has already been gathering dust in Nintendo's magic workshop somewhere.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline VixyNyan

• RPM Ecchi Princess
    • View Profile
Reply #117 on: January 09, 2010, 04:47:08 AM
Of course it would run on GX. You should have read a little closer. ^^
This is for the Wii players who wants to make a flashy channel with their own ID tag, pictures and things.
I guess that won't matter tho. What I want, is more N64 support. And more games support for SDL Mame. o.o

(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #118 on: January 09, 2010, 04:54:39 AM
Don't we all?  'course, with Smash64 on VC, most of my reason for watching Wii64 went out the window.  Unless by some miracle they pull off Transfer Pak support I'll probably only look to it for a few obscure titles.

As for MAME, just waiting for Power Fighters.

This is for the Wii players who wants to make a flashy channel with their own ID tag, pictures and things.
So get a Channel Forwarder for SNES 9X GX. >U<

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline VixyNyan

• RPM Ecchi Princess
    • View Profile
Reply #119 on: January 09, 2010, 04:56:51 AM
Ah well, at least the Wii Message Board log will say "Star Fox 2"~ >U<

(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #120 on: April 19, 2010, 09:19:03 AM
Bayonetta creator dying to make StarFox

......please, Nintendo?  PLEASE?

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #121 on: April 19, 2010, 09:33:32 AM
LISTEN NINTY! IF YOU DON'T HEED HIS REQUEST... well, heed it. You don't want to know what'll happen if you don't...

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline The Drunken Dishwasher

• ~Daydreamer~
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #122 on: April 19, 2010, 09:52:08 AM
OH DEAR GOD.  Nintendo PLEEEEEASE DO THIS FOR US!!!

Never such a request is ever so...

Rare 8D

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #123 on: April 19, 2010, 01:49:14 PM
Bayonetta creator dying to make StarFox

......please, Nintendo?  PLEASE?
I sure as hell hope Ninty's paying attention. If they do get through with it, I also hope they stay the hell out of the process as much as possible and let Platinum do their thing, since Ninty doesn't know what people want to see in StarFox.

Offline HokutoNoBen

• We Are Living! Living in 90s...90s...90s...
  • RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile
Reply #124 on: April 19, 2010, 03:13:14 PM
Let him. As seems to be the shared sentiment over at GAF, it would be so much in the way of a win-win situation. Ninty stands to get a quality Star Fox release for the first time in over a decade, and Kamiya will get a game of his that likely will sell gangbusters for the first time since the days of RE2.

Plus, it's clear that Kamiya, After Burner fan boy that he is, more than has an adequate "knack" for this. Lord knows he's been trying to force-feed us his love for corridor shooters in his various gamers, often to the over-the-top degree that embodies his very games.  8D

Besides, I'd love to see what he could do with Fox. After a decade's worth of furry melodrama married with poor game play, it'd be nice to put Fox back on the track of over-the-top, tongue-in-cheek humor that would directly speak to those of us who love the first two games. Or at least, certainly SF64.  owob

Nintendo, if you don't do anything else to listen to fan suggestions in the next decade and some change...PLEASE. DO IT.