So the Play on Wii games are not simple GC ports? AWESOME!

Solar · 11897

Offline Nexus

• is one random son of a
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • No one ever said all Reploids were smart.
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: November 13, 2008, 03:50:34 AM
Eh, more like SNES era.  We did get ONE Metroid game.  But it is surely not enough to satisfy the ravenous fans.  I know I'm still itching for more.

There was an N64 Metroid game? Hmm, don't remember, do tell.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: November 13, 2008, 03:51:19 AM
Eh, more like SNES era.  We did get ONE Metroid game.  But it is surely not enough to satisfy the ravenous fans.  I know I'm still itching for more.
Well, what I said was for the next generation, but it is too early now that I think about it, so yeah, more like the SNES era. Maybe not if we're counting the ports and that awesome Metroid fangame.

Also, I DARE anyone to tell me this would not be [tornado fang]ing awesome if real

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: November 13, 2008, 03:51:34 AM
...there wasn't an N64 Metroid game.

EDIT: Perfectly happy with (see: need to blow the dust off of) my copy of Metroid Prime 3. Replaced LoZ:TP for when I'm craving some trigger-happy action and puzzles.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: November 13, 2008, 03:52:03 AM
Well, what I said was for the next generation, but it is too early now that I think about it, so yeah, more like the SNES era. Maybe not if we're counting the ports and that awesome Metroid fangame.

Also, I DARE anyone to tell me this would not be [tornado fang]ing awesome if real

If it came with the artbook as well, very very delicious.

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #29 on: November 13, 2008, 03:56:43 AM
Dark Ridley, Schmark Ridley,

THAT'S a powered-up Ridley.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #30 on: November 13, 2008, 04:16:14 AM
Damn straight.

There was an N64 Metroid game? Hmm, don't remember, do tell.
No, I mean we already got a Wii Metroid game.  Therefore we have already avoided the N64's level of disaster.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #31 on: November 13, 2008, 04:18:03 AM
In fact, now I feel like fighting Omega Ridley.

Offline Nexus

• is one random son of a
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • No one ever said all Reploids were smart.
    • View Profile
Reply #32 on: November 13, 2008, 04:19:32 AM
Oh, my bad about all that. >.<;;

Offline xnamkcor

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #33 on: November 13, 2008, 04:31:50 AM
MP3 was the first Metroid Prime I enjoyed. It brought back the feeling of real failure or success. In Super Metroid, if you missed your target, you sucked. In MP1/2 if you missed your target it could have been various reasons. In MP3, if you missed your target, it's because you have bad aim. With no lock on I could easily hit the enemy 70% of the time. I can't even guess what my hit rate was for MP1/2 without lock-on.

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #34 on: November 13, 2008, 05:46:41 AM
...wow, Omega Ridley's easier than I remembered. But then that file is on Normal. This time around, I'm starting on Veteran (and the Space Pirate Hot Potato skirmish was as difficult for me then as it is now; I nearly Game Over'd).

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #35 on: November 13, 2008, 05:55:56 AM
MP3 was the first Metroid Prime I enjoyed. It brought back the feeling of real failure or success. In Super Metroid, if you missed your target, you sucked. In MP1/2 if you missed your target it could have been various reasons. In MP3, if you missed your target, it's because you have bad aim. With no lock on I could easily hit the enemy 70% of the time. I can't even guess what my hit rate was for MP1/2 without lock-on.
My issue with free-looking my way through MP3 is the fact that there is no way to disable the game's auto-level.  Which gets VERY, VERY, VERY annoying real fast.  So, yeah, I lock-whore it, and disable the lock-on free aim because lock-breaking enemies require you to correct your aim over and over again.  The game automatically switches it back on for bosses which require it, so the only rough spot is those Space Pirate ships that are vulnerable in the front, gotta free-aim those.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)