HyperSonic.EXE's Flashy Neuron-Firings

HyperSonicEXE · 2095

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
on: January 01, 2009, 04:19:58 AM
I love to hear Remixed and Rearranged songs, but then it bugs me when they stray too far from the original song, especially in the name of "art" or "validation of the artist".

Sure, you add measures and melodies to existing music, but do they really fit?
Some people are good at it; <a href="http://blue-bomber.jvmwriter.org/media/music/Fan/U-GEN/U-GEN%20-%20Rockman%20X5%20~X%20vs%20ZERO~.mp3">U-GEN's remix of the X VS. Zero Battle in Megaman X5</a> gave the song more length while the melodies still contributed to the overall tone and pacing of a rather delicate piece.
But then sometimes, these songs should just be left as is.

That said, <a href="http://rapidshare.com/files/162627498/mm9astgamemixes.zip.html">I've got my own ideas</a> as to how a few of the Mega Man 9 Arrangements should have been treated. This has looping tracks of "Magma Burning" and "Wily Machine" that more closely match the in-game track. Be sure to support III, Inticreates, and Capcom in their endeavors.

Like I say, I'm always finding songs that need this treatment, so I'm going to leave this thread open for as long as I can; it's not everyday I have the time or will to crack open Audacity and rearrange songs.

Posted on: November 10, 2008, 09:28:02 PM
Mmmhmm, well, now that I have a tablet and Audacity, looks like I'll be doing quite a few things.

Besides the card game, I've also been toying with what certain songs sound like in reverse. Very few sound all that good (obviously), but there have been one or two shockers. Case in point, Comet Observatory from Super Mario Galaxy actually sounds like it could be a workable song in reverse. Now cleaning it up to make it sound like a new, valid song would take quite a bit of doing, but here's a clip of it anyway:

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: January 02, 2009, 05:53:11 AM
When you say "flashy neuron firings" I think Seisure... 8D
but anyway, I like the remixes you made. you should do more of them...

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.