The Kingdom Hearts Thread

VixyNyan · 391152

Offline STM

• says you shouldn't play with your
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #650 on: July 17, 2010, 09:50:07 PM
The Organization characters themselves aren't interesting by any means. However, fighting them is a lot more fun than the Disney villains. Square put a little more effort in making their fights more fast-paced and varied, be it Larxene's rapid movement and constant spamming of Thundaga, Marluxia's Doom Counter, Xigbar's laser shots and sniper rifle (headshot should have been instant kill) or even Luxord's gambling-based moves.

This is even more obvious in Final Mix's refights of all of them where they're injected with steroids and come at you with all their ferocity... and even more so when done in Critical Mode, like Vixy demonstrates.

Forenote: most of their names I had to look up because I only remember them by their attack styles.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #651 on: July 17, 2010, 10:15:34 PM
The Organization characters themselves aren't interesting by any means. However, fighting them is a lot more fun than the Disney villains. Square put a little more effort in making their fights more fast-paced and varied, be it Larxene's rapid movement and constant spamming of Thundaga, Marluxia's Doom Counter, Xigbar's laser shots and sniper rifle (headshot should have been instant kill) or even Luxord's gambling-based moves.

This is even more obvious in Final Mix's refights of all of them where they're injected with steroids and come at you with all their ferocity... and even more so when done in Critical Mode, like Vixy demonstrates.

Forenote: most of their names I had to look up because I only remember them by their attack styles.
Gameplay-wise, sure. But they don't many any sense in any other way.

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #652 on: July 17, 2010, 10:46:04 PM
That's what I was saying. Gameplay-wise. I like a good challenge in my boss fights. ^^;;

And nowadays, I only play on the hardest difficulty on every game, because that's more fun.

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #653 on: July 17, 2010, 11:00:40 PM
That's what I was saying. Gameplay-wise. I like a good challenge in my boss fights. ^^;;

And nowadays, I only play on the hardest difficulty on every game, because that's more fun.
Difficulties are a tough thing to measure in terms of actual fun. This is my usual scale:

Stealth games: Hard mode all the way. It's always cooler when you play in actual stealth instead of having dumb enemies. But having super-hearing is also lame, so as long as it's got a decent difficulty.
Hack and Slashers: Hard mode, [tornado fang] yeah. Contrary to popular belief, the computer never "cheats". The reaction time changes. But I do hate it when all the enemies have is a bigger health bar, while I've got a smaller one (like in God of War games).
FPS games: Hell yeah, Hard mode. Enemies that make use of the environment and move like motherfuckers. But no ten headshots to kill bullshit, please.
RPG: As long as it's strategy-based, yes, hard mode all the way. But more often than not, Hard Mode means "GRIND SUM MOAR HUNDRED TIMEZES". So that's bullshit.

Aresian

Reply #654 on: July 18, 2010, 03:09:59 AM
Opinions? It's just plain [tornado fang]ing stupid narrative turns in a story that used to be about a kid going on a big adventure, then went fuckup, and now it's pandering to emo yaoi lovers. I've crossed and recrossed the validity of the Organization as villains over and over, as well as what they've done that doesn't justify them being villains AT ALL. Their speeches make as much sense as saying "darkness darkness darkness" indefinetly, which was find in KH1 as the ranting of a single madman, but it's just plain stupid as a bunch of emo dweebs who wouldn't know evil if it slapped them in the face.

Heck, I'd make the same speech I've been doing in this topic for a long time. And I've got no time to remake it all over again.

Dude, you need to get over yourself. No matter HOW you twist it, an opinion is a goddamn opinion. One man's garbage is another man's treasure. Like all your bloody FPSes, your wacky DC comics and all the other stuff... that's your stuff. To me, it's convoluted and uninteresting.

OPINIONS.

MOTHER [tornado fang]ing OPINIONS! YOU SEE, WHAT I SAID ABOVE WAS AN OPINION. If I need to "clarify" it in a better way, I will. I think Thanatos got the picture.

Anyways, enjoy your OPINION DEBATE.

[tornado fang].

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #655 on: July 18, 2010, 03:16:12 AM
Dude, you need to get over yourself. No matter HOW you twist it, an opinion is a goddamn opinion. One man's garbage is another man's treasure. Like all your bloody FPSes, your wacky DC comics and all the other stuff... that's your stuff. To me, it's convoluted and uninteresting.

OPINIONS.

MOTHER [tornado fang]ing OPINIONS! YOU SEE, WHAT I SAID ABOVE WAS AN OPINION. If I need to "clarify" it in a better way, I will. I think Thanatos got the picture.

Anyways, enjoy your OPINION DEBATE.

[tornado fang].
He mad. 8D

Aresian

Reply #656 on: July 18, 2010, 04:29:43 AM
He mad. 8D

Not yet. Getting there though.

It'll be unmistakable when I'm mad, trust me. >_>...

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #657 on: July 18, 2010, 12:09:07 PM
Not yet. Getting there though.

It'll be unmistakable when I'm mad, trust me. >_>...
You already started with personal attacks, so I get that you mad.  :V

Look at it this way. It's my OPINION that this is a fact. And leave it that way. If you're crazy enough to think narrative quality is based on opinion, who the hell am I to tell you otherwise?

Offline STM

• Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #658 on: July 18, 2010, 09:06:58 PM

Just saying...

Aresian

Reply #659 on: July 18, 2010, 10:43:17 PM
You already started with personal attacks, so I get that you mad.  :V

Look at it this way. It's my OPINION that this is a fact. And leave it that way. If you're crazy enough to think narrative quality is based on opinion, who the hell am I to tell you otherwise?

You wouldn't be posting if I was legitimately mad. >_> Irritated sure, mad? No.

Also. EVERYTHING is subjective. You wanna know what a fact is? If I put a bullet in your skull and blew your brains out the back of your head... you'd die. THAT is a fact. If you get shredded into tiny pieces in a meat grinder... you won't live. THAT is a fact.

If I write a love story tomorrow, it will turn out to be a great piece of work. That is a opinionated calculation based on subjective thinking of a situation.

Radda Radda Radda. Etc.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #660 on: July 18, 2010, 10:46:26 PM
You wouldn't be posting if I was legitimately mad. >_> Irritated sure, mad? No.

Also. EVERYTHING is subjective. You wanna know what a fact is? If I put a bullet in your skull and blew your brains out the back of your head... you'd die. THAT is a fact. If you get shredded into tiny pieces in a meat grinder... you won't live. THAT is a fact.

If I write a love story tomorrow, it will turn out to be a great piece of work. That is a opinionated calculation based on subjective thinking of a situation.

Radda Radda Radda. Etc.
Getting kinda violent there. Also, that's not a fact. Because we'd still need to discuss what life and death means. Because EVERYTHING IS SUBJECTIVE! Yaaaaay!

Aresian

Reply #661 on: July 18, 2010, 10:53:42 PM
Getting kinda violent there. Also, that's not a fact. Because we'd still need to discuss what life and death means. Because EVERYTHING IS SUBJECTIVE! Yaaaaay!

*twitch*

CONTRADICTION IS THE BEST POWER EVER. ENJOY YOURSELF SUPERHERO. *shoots self*

Also, that's not violent for me. That's friendly endearment. And that's a "fact" hurf durf.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #662 on: July 18, 2010, 11:04:57 PM

*twitch*

CONTRADICTION IS THE BEST POWER EVER. ENJOY YOURSELF SUPERHERO. *shoots self*

Also, that's not violent for me. That's friendly endearment. And that's a "fact" hurf durf.
It's sarcasm, dude. =P Meant as a joke.

Aaaaaaaaaanyway, back on topic. Theories for a possible KH3? If what Nomura said is right, he's pretty much bringing back EVERYONE that ever mattered. Meaning, Sora's gonna have a team of his own to lead against something. I just hope they manage to make everything more coherent than the retconned mess we got now.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #663 on: July 21, 2010, 12:19:40 AM
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0v4hHPme00&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

Offline Jazz Shaking

• Robot Master
    • View Profile
Reply #664 on: August 19, 2010, 03:54:52 AM
Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep GamesCom 2010 Trailer

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksYat9-EBvc[/youtube]

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #665 on: August 19, 2010, 07:03:27 PM
The voices (mainly Terra and Aqua), sound a bit better than last time IMO. MX still sounds horrendous.

Oh, and Master Eraqus sounds awesome. But i'm not too sure about DiZ's "new" voice.

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #666 on: August 22, 2010, 03:38:10 PM
Why does DiZ have new voice?
Why do Aqua's and Terra's VA suck so much?
WHY DOES MICKEY HAS THE BEST VOICE OUT OF ALL OF THEM?!
Goddamn.

Offline STM

• Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #667 on: August 22, 2010, 06:51:53 PM
If that Xenmas-alike turns out to be a Heartless or Unversed version of him...

Offline The Drunken Dishwasher

• ~Daydreamer~
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #668 on: August 23, 2010, 12:41:45 AM
Why does DiZ have new voice?
Why do Aqua's and Terra's VA suck so much?
WHY DOES MICKEY HAS THE BEST VOICE OUT OF ALL OF THEM?!
Goddamn.

*tosses a tampton*

I do agree on DiZ/AtW, i'm sad at the lack of Christopher Lee, but I can accept it.  The new voice more or less follows the same timbre as the JP VA.  So, i'll grow w/ it over time.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #669 on: August 23, 2010, 12:56:29 AM
Still trying to wrap my mind around who that Organization XIII cloak guy is in that trailer. Either it's some form of Terranort or a new character all together? Eh, perhaps it'll be revealed in KH3D.

lol at trying to make sense of the KH storyline. :P

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #670 on: August 23, 2010, 01:19:45 AM
You do know that this takes place 10 years before the original game, right? Therefore, Xehanort in his incarnation from KH2 doesn't even exist yet.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #671 on: August 23, 2010, 01:23:46 AM
I'm gonna go ahead and orgasm at Nimoy's voice, even though it doesn't really fit the character 100%, because he's always [tornado fang]ing awesome to hear.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #672 on: August 23, 2010, 01:34:54 AM
You do know that this takes place 10 years before the original game, right? Therefore, Xehanort in his incarnation from KH2 doesn't even exist yet.

It's a secret boss, not a storyline boss. They're optional and don't contribute anything to the actual game storywise.

It could be a hint at a later game, like Lingering Sentiment.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #673 on: August 23, 2010, 02:21:41 AM
Now that I've actually watched the trailer I have to say one thing...

DAMNIT! THIS LOOKS SO AWESOME!!!

I need a PSP for this! And I need a job to get the PSP! (unless I can use my friend's, then I only need the game).

Still, I'm guessing that the robed character is just someone in a robe, and the Organization decided to use their style.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline STM

• Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #674 on: August 23, 2010, 03:23:15 AM

The plot's already a massive train wreck. Let's just go ahead and add time travel for the hell of it! -Nomura.

Just add dinosaurs in already. We've got pirates, samurai/ninjas, and robots.