Metroid Prime Trilogy Pack Coming Aug. 24th

Jericho · 17800

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #25 on: May 23, 2009, 08:14:03 PM
I want a 2D Metroid compilation.
oh [parasitic bomb] yes I'd buy that in a heartbeat, even though the only game I haven't beaten is 2 on the Gameboy

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: May 23, 2009, 08:17:19 PM
oh [parasitic bomb] yes I'd buy that in a heartbeat, even though the only game I haven't beaten is 2 on the Gameboy

Same here.

Offline Kieran

• He's just a
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: May 24, 2009, 04:45:47 AM
I'm gettin' it.  Mainly because I loved both GC games and I think they'll be a blast to play with 3's controls.

I did find myself wondering how they'd handle the beam switching, but I realized that without Hypermode, they can just put in a Beam Switch HUD like the Visor Switch HUD on the other button.

The Other Side
http://www.crowdedstreet.net
irc.esper.net #theotherside

Commander Shepard: *stares blankly at a video of scantily clad asari dancers* ...What kind of hotel is this?
Liara T'Soni: It is a luxury resort with an... exotic edge.  Azure is slang for a part of the asari body in some places on Illium.
Shepard: Where?
Liara: The lower reaches, near the bottom.
Shepard: I meant, "where on the asari body?"
Liara: So did I.

Offline Pringer X

• Ultimate Super Robot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Pringer Beam!
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: May 24, 2009, 04:19:27 PM
I don't see why people complain about MP3 being on there. It gives a chance to the people who didn't buy it to get in on it. Also, it's amazing we have a compilation at all. They could've just sold each game individually for 30$ each instead of 50$ for all three. Yeesh people like to [sonic slicer] for no good reason.

This. Nintendo could've been a bunch of douchebags and force newer players into forking out $100 for all the games totaled, and yet kindly put in all three of them for a lower price (hell, I think the gamestop in my area is selling used copies of MP3 for more than $30, and if that holds true for a lot of stores, people wanting to pick up MP3 are going to be jumping with joy simply for the sake of spending less money to get it).

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #29 on: May 24, 2009, 06:53:29 PM
hell, I think the gamestop in my area is selling used copies of MP3 for more than $30,

oh i can guarantee it. 1st party Wii titles are very expensive used. very few are more than $5 cheaper than full price. even ones like Twilight Princess that have been out for almost 3 years.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Tickle Buffalo

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #30 on: May 24, 2009, 07:27:48 PM
Sure sucks to be the guy who only wants MP1 but has to pay for 2 and 3 anyway. I mean, if 3 alone is still expensive, then I can't see 1+2+3 being cheap.

Offline The Drunken Dishwasher

• ~Daydreamer~
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #31 on: May 25, 2009, 10:00:14 AM

*Cosake is hesitant to type that he never bought/played any of the MP games (except that one time at my cousin's house)...and henceforth do a victory dance...oh...too late, now should I click that post button...so tempting...oh [tornado fang] it*

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #32 on: June 25, 2009, 06:02:13 AM

I really like the Box Art

Offline Ephidiel

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #33 on: June 25, 2009, 02:35:55 PM
i'm broadcasting the jpn version of Metroid Prime 2 Dark Echoes Wii.
if you want a look at what the Trilogy edition will be like come to my channel at 11PM UTC+1, now its 2:39PM
http://www.justin.tv/ephidiel

• ~Daydreamer~
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #34 on: June 26, 2009, 01:34:44 AM
An artbook eh nintendo?

Nintendo knows exactly what I like in pre-orders...

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #35 on: June 26, 2009, 07:59:21 AM
pretty sure the art book is going to have all the same art featured in the game itself. i'd rather unlock them in the game and see em on the big screen.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline STM

• says you shouldn't play with your
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #36 on: June 26, 2009, 09:10:58 AM
Forget the damn artbook...

Destructoid: Pre-order Metroid Prime Trilogy via GameStop, Get Shirt

It's a pretty basic but tasteful shirt. Not bad at all!

Offline SUIKA

• Robot Master
  • It's a good thing I exist.
    • View Profile
    • IDC
Reply #37 on: June 26, 2009, 09:12:09 AM
pretty sure the art book is going to have all the same art featured in the game itself. i'd rather unlock them in the game and see em on the big screen.

But you can't touch them..

Offline Jazz Shaking

• Robot Master
    • View Profile
Reply #38 on: August 25, 2009, 07:58:59 AM
Tis out now!

• ~Daydreamer~
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #39 on: August 25, 2009, 10:51:31 AM
Should be arriving in my mail anyday now.

I should prepare to write a check if Fedex should be coming...

Offline Kieran

• He's just a
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #40 on: August 25, 2009, 02:43:48 PM
Oh, hell.  I need to run by Gamestop after work and pick it up.

The Other Side
http://www.crowdedstreet.net
irc.esper.net #theotherside

Commander Shepard: *stares blankly at a video of scantily clad asari dancers* ...What kind of hotel is this?
Liara T'Soni: It is a luxury resort with an... exotic edge.  Azure is slang for a part of the asari body in some places on Illium.
Shepard: Where?
Liara: The lower reaches, near the bottom.
Shepard: I meant, "where on the asari body?"
Liara: So did I.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #41 on: August 25, 2009, 07:04:27 PM
i think it'll be at my store around 2 PM, so i got an hour to go.

jeez, i hope we find a new way to get Space Jump first in Prime 1. that's part of the fun with these games: to sequence break the hell out of them. Nintendo needs to stop fixing these things.

Offline Da Dood

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Dood Trigger!
    • View Profile
Reply #42 on: August 25, 2009, 07:35:30 PM
It's Retro's fault as far as Prime goes. The director for the Prime games stated he's not a fan of sequence-breaking, I assume because it's like finding fault in their work.

Nintendo developed Zero Mission just a few years ago, and that game actually encouraged sequence-breaking, just like Super. Other M will be just like Fusion or BioShock in this respect though...

Prime Trilogy probably won't allow much. The PAL version and US Player's Choice already got rid of a few tricks (like the really jerk move of placing a Bendezium rock on the door to the Plasma Beam), and much of early Prime breaking is thanks to speedy dash-jumping, which isn't possible with the Wii control scheme.

I'm very glad I have an early NTSC copy of Prime 1, I probably wouldn't have played it this much without SB...

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #43 on: August 25, 2009, 11:51:11 PM
Nintendo developed Zero Mission just a few years ago, and that game actually encouraged sequence-breaking, just like Super.

that's why those two are my favorites. in that order.

and it's already been discussed what can no longer be done in Prime 1 and 2, because people at metroid2002.com have imported them and studied them.

there is a way to get Space Jump earlier than intended in Prime 1, but as of yet you can't get it first. which means you actually have to fight Hive Mecha again, which sucks. most of the PAL changes are present in Prime 1 as well. despite all that, the game is still pretty breakable. but oddly, the narration present in the PAL version ain't in Trilogy, which baffles me.

Prime 2 took a bigger hit. bomb space jumping has been taken out of that game, making a million tricks undoable. considering how few sequence breaks were in Prime 2 at the get go, Prime 2 is almost unbreakable now. it's comparable to how Prime 3 is.

i wonder if any changes were made to Prime 3...

i just entered Magmoor Caverns in Prime 1, and saved before the Dark Alpha Splinter in Prime 2. i'm enjoying myself with both games so far. i still love the Wii controls, especially the Jumpball.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #44 on: August 25, 2009, 11:53:28 PM
Prime 2 took a bigger hit. bomb space jumping has been taken out of that game, making a million tricks undoable. considering how few sequence breaks were in Prime 2 at the get go, Prime 2 is almost unbreakable now. it's comparable to how Prime 3 is.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

[tornado fang]ing sucks. :(

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #45 on: August 25, 2009, 11:57:21 PM
i think they left BSJ's in Prime 1, though. i've already got a few instant unmorphs without trying.

• ~Daydreamer~
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #46 on: August 27, 2009, 10:14:21 AM
MPT came in the mail.

um, for those that preordered from gamestop, did they borked the T-shirt preorder, or I just didn't got it?

Offline STM

• says you shouldn't play with your
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #47 on: August 27, 2009, 03:11:19 PM
I got my shirt... and a poster! I just had to ask them, "...I saw on the website this comes with a pre-order bonus and it mentioned instore." They went to the back, found the shirt and gave me a neat looking poster of Samus in her Varia Suit, Light Suit, and PED Suit.

Usually, it's best to ask politely in a brick-and-mortar situations. Online, you're going to get the run-around by saying, "Yeah, it was while supplies lasted. If you didn't get one, the distribution center probably ran out of supplies."

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #48 on: August 27, 2009, 07:39:05 PM
i didn't get the shirt, but i did get the poster. i'm thankful i at least got that. my Gamestop has conned me out of a bunch of preorder bonuses, most notably the Banjo Kazooie voucher.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #49 on: August 27, 2009, 07:58:08 PM
I seriously want a Wii so I can get this... :\

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.