MegaMan 72

HKLurch18 · 120622

Offline KudosForce

• The wild card
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Will our future be good? Only the cards will tell.
    • View Profile
Reply #325 on: October 06, 2010, 09:28:16 PM
Those are references to other Mega Man series, yes. He won't use those in-game, of course.

Offline Karasai♪

• Absolutely Fabulous.
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #326 on: October 07, 2010, 12:34:50 AM
Just a question,

Is Saw Man related to Metal Man?  -_-

Offline KudosForce

• The wild card
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #327 on: October 07, 2010, 02:03:35 AM
No. He has nothing to do with Metal Man, as Saw Man was built by an unknown party.

His very existence is due to HKLurch18 being a big fan of Metal Man, really. >U<

Offline Karasai♪

• Absolutely Fabulous.
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #328 on: October 07, 2010, 03:20:52 AM
Awww  :'(

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #329 on: October 15, 2010, 03:42:16 AM
Those are references to other Mega Man series, yes. He won't use those in-game, of course.
Aww. that would have been fun WTF moments. Like "DID HE JUST SHOOT ME WITH VILE'S CANON!?"

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline HKLurch18

• Resistance Member
  • I drive you bats
    • View Profile
Reply #330 on: November 03, 2010, 05:49:59 PM
So, where do I begin with what probably is going to be a pretty long post after quite a long time?

An apology might be the best way to start.As some of you might have noticed I pretty much disappeared, like, 2 month ago without leaving a trace, even removing the videos of MM72 from youtube and, what you do not know, kicking Deviant art and this side out of my bookmarked web-sites as well. Leaving you guys uninformed for such a long time was rather rude and that's what I want to apologize for.

now, off to the main topic and I guess that you guys already saw this coming, but here it is, straight from the big one's mouth:

Megaman 72 is now officially dead.

At least for the guys over at 72dpi.com, including my very self.
Personally speaking, things have changed a lot since i graduated from school, but just blaming these changes would not be the full truth. another reason besides my new activities is the lack of actual lust to continue this. So many hours went into MM72,time i could have invested in a far better way. At least this is what i have realized over the last couple of weeks and i am glad i did.
I realized that what I did was pretty much pointless. sure, there were nice components to spriting and all, like meeting a couple of new guys via the internet, but in the long run this simply wasn't worth it compared to the stuff i do nowadays in my spare time.
I cannot speak for the other guys who worked on this but i am pretty sure they enjoy being rid of the burden that was this fan project.

However, i still got everything we worked on on my harddrive. If anybody wants to pick this project up as it is now and steer it into a direction he or she wants to, feel free to contact me so i can give you what we have accomplished in those 1 and a half year of spriting,composing, etc.

With best regards,

Tim

Offline Stardius

• Lazy and overall passive
  • Resistance Member
    • View Profile
Reply #331 on: November 03, 2010, 08:39:30 PM
Well that's very sad news, since you were one of my only hopes to ever experience multiplayer Megaman platformer, but well rl is rl, can't have time for everything. I would pick up the project if I knew that it would move somewhere in my hands, like it probably wouldn't, since I have similar problems with mine, only in way that I am the only one who probably has time for it.
Anyway, I wish you best luck at whatever you will do and thanks for showing us how should good fangame look like.  :)

Offline KudosForce

• The wild card
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #332 on: November 03, 2010, 10:39:22 PM
I'm very saddened to hear that, Lurch. :( It would have been nice if this tribute to Florian Hufsky was made, but that's the way things go, I suppose. It can't be helped.

But still, I'm rather thankful of the time I've spent with you and the rest of the MM72 crew. This experience helped me hone my storytelling skills, which I'm thankful for. I'll certainly put them to good use in my 2nd home, the Time Tangent Team. ;)

That said, I wish you good luck with life and your bright future ahead of you. Auf wiedersen, my friend, and fight for everlasting peace! owob

Offline RetroRespecter

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #333 on: November 04, 2010, 06:35:31 AM
Sorry to be the cold one but can the Moderators please lock this topic, considering that Mega Man 72 is dead?