Mod My Rockman! *Spoilers*

Police Girl · 283609

Poll

Should I even bother continuing with the Kallen Mod? (Not like it matters anymore but I'll leave this open for shits in giggles.)

Yes
5 (14.3%)
I guess
3 (8.6%)
I don't give a [parasitic bomb]
4 (11.4%)
If you want to...
6 (17.1%)
Hell no.
3 (8.6%)
DO IT FOR KALLEN!! (holy [parasitic bomb] why did this get so many votes)
14 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #250 on: July 20, 2009, 07:38:23 AM
Final version of the Super Adapter finished... Some of the charging sprites are a little messed up (Shaky) But I can't seem to fix it...  :\ Anyway... enjoy.

Offline lizardcommando

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Lizardcommando's Youtube Page
Reply #251 on: July 20, 2009, 08:10:21 AM
Ooh. So it's just her arm transforming into the Guren Mark 2's Arm and also its flight wings? Coolios  The transformation sprites for it are pretty cool. And to think I have just been working on my own interpretation for the Super Adapter the past 3 hours. XD. I tried combining the design of the Guren Mark 2 for the upper portion of the armor and Kallen's flight-suit (I guess that's the right word for it) for the legs. I was going to not add in the helmet, but I thought that would be kind of cheap if I just stuck Kallen's head on the new Super Adapter armor. You want me to post up what I got so far?

Anyways, as for my Maverick Hunter EVA mod, I finally replaced Junk Man with Ursula from Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops. I used Mega Man X from MMXtreme as a base, so she's pretty tiny compared to the original Junk Man sprites. I'll try to post up a new video of her in action later.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #252 on: July 20, 2009, 08:11:43 AM
Yeah sure, let me see what you have done so far...

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #253 on: July 20, 2009, 10:14:47 AM
I just started the edit of My Flame mod to accomodate Flame's redesign.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline lizardcommando

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #254 on: July 21, 2009, 09:32:21 AM
The new helmet (farthest one on the left) is a big improvement on the earlier ones I did, don't you think? It's the closest I can get it to look like the Guren Mark 2's head without making the sprite too big for the sprite sheet. It's going to be a big pain in the ass to create each of the sprites.  >w<

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #255 on: July 21, 2009, 09:35:11 AM
Dude, that thing is awesome. Kinda looks like Samus... XD

Offline lizardcommando

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #256 on: July 23, 2009, 09:28:00 AM
I'm almost done making the sprites for the Guren Mark 2 Armor. I just need to make the burning sprites, sticky (when Slash Man throws that sticky crap on you) sprites and the frozen sprites and then that will be it.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #257 on: July 23, 2009, 11:37:55 AM
I already made those for my mod (With my version of the super adapter). And I think mine broke, The lights don't shut off in Wily 1 anymore.By the way, do you have any ideas for a replacement for Blues Shield?

Offline Nexus

• is one random son of a
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • No one ever said all Reploids were smart.
    • View Profile
Reply #258 on: July 23, 2009, 12:15:24 PM
By replacing graphics, the new ones don't get a proper fade-in, or in your case fade-out. Try editing the graphics used for the intro and you'll see what I mean.

(Bloody computer force-finished what I was typing midway through.)

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #259 on: July 23, 2009, 10:06:22 PM
Hey, how can I change the name of a weapon? You know, what it says on the Weapon Get screen?

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Nexus

• is one random son of a
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #260 on: July 23, 2009, 10:11:34 PM
Hey, how can I change the name of a weapon? You know, what it says on the Weapon Get screen?

Change the image "menuitem" - the weapon names are there, in normal menu and highlighted colors. However, if you're changing the name of the default buster, you'll also have to edit the "menu" image seeing as the buster is actually PART of the menu.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #261 on: July 23, 2009, 10:18:19 PM
I meant after you beat the boss. I've already done that. It still says "You get: Slash Claw" after I beat Slash Man (soon to be Wombatman). How do I change that?

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP

Offline Nexus

• is one random son of a
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #262 on: July 23, 2009, 10:20:04 PM
Ah, that. I think it uses the default game font, due to japanese characters being mixed in there sometimes (atleast on my end), which is also used for the intro. You'd need to actually edit the program to change the text, and I don't know if that's possible yet. I can run a quick Cloud Man test on my own mod to check.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #263 on: July 23, 2009, 10:21:02 PM
Okay. Thanks in advance.

Offline Nexus

• is one random son of a
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #264 on: July 23, 2009, 10:37:00 PM
Alright, yeah - weapon get screen text as well as the intro text, the game's dialouge (Blues, Light and Bass talking) and even the little boss lines when you select them ("Watch your step", etc.) are unchangeable without somehow cracking the game program open and editing its code. You can change the game's font all you want (I replaced it once with the Chrono Trigger font), but you'll just make it look fancier (or worse, depending on the font).

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #265 on: July 23, 2009, 10:39:46 PM
Meh. I'll chock it up to mistranslation. It's happened before (CAN YOU SAY AYBABTU?) You know, where it says something almost completely different.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #266 on: July 27, 2009, 09:17:58 AM
Been working on this thing.
I turned Burstman's stage into Wily ll's lab, ( a portion of it I would guess.)
and... I think I just made burst man more rageful... because now Burst man doesnt change facial expressions... *cue song*

Updated Flame with his new design, including changing his buster to the concealed wrist shotgun that pops out from his forearm.
also added a gold "W" on the Supreme Commander Joe shields. after all, they were made by Wily ll.

also...

8D 8D 8D

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Nexus

• is one random son of a
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #267 on: July 27, 2009, 10:17:24 AM
Besides some eye-twitching color pallete choices and the terrible downcolored background for your mid-game menu, you've got some kickass stuff there.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #268 on: July 27, 2009, 02:48:35 PM
I see Fanta. XD
And wooo... My own stage. X3

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #269 on: July 27, 2009, 03:03:52 PM
Im going to change the menu. I was referring to the E/W/S cans. X3

EDIT:
yes, Fanta. E cans are Orange Fanta, W cans are Grape Fanta, and S cans are Black Cherry Fanta,

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #270 on: July 27, 2009, 03:04:56 PM
BTW, does anyone know how to change the boss text under the name in the boss selected screen? like "watch your step!" and that stuff?

Offline Superjustinbros

• It's me.
  • Resistance Member
  • Something
    • View Profile
    • Super Justin: The Blog
Reply #271 on: July 27, 2009, 03:45:45 PM
This is a teaser on my own work...

...I'm still working on it~ >w<

Pretty well done, Vixychan. ;)

Offline Nexus

• is one random son of a
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #272 on: July 27, 2009, 10:28:54 PM
BTW, does anyone know how to change the boss text under the name in the boss selected screen? like "watch your step!" and that stuff?

Go back to the last page and you'll find that I already informed Mirby of this. Short answer: undoable.  :\

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #273 on: July 28, 2009, 12:43:33 AM
damn. :P

Offline lizardcommando

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #274 on: July 31, 2009, 02:03:55 AM
Alright, so here's a new video of my Maverick Hunter EVA mod in action. It shows off the new replacement for Junk Man. It's Ursula from Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops. There's a teeny, tiny spoiler from that game in the annotation but I figured since it's been like two or three years since that game's been released, it won't really matter.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pmARi3g4Zw[/youtube]