The Official Pokemon Heart Gold & Soul Silver Discussion Thread

Jericho · 417574

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #50 on: May 03, 2009, 09:56:25 PM
Also, expect an announcement soon after E3 of a new Wii based Pokemon game compatible with these new games as well as Platinum.

To be honest, this interests me a little bit more than the Gold/Silver remake.  Mainly because I'm really hoping that it is a full fledged Wii Pokemon game.  See, here is my personal desired Wii Pokemon Game:

-A typical Pokemon style adventure that spans throughout every region, not just another Pokemon Stadium
-Make new region, since we'll need a starting point before unlocking the ability to go to the other regions in the game
-Obviously obvious connectivity between the Wii & DS/DSi, which would be obvious
-Keep the Pokemon Stadium aspect, just make it like a Battle Tower/Island/Etc., like they do in reg. Pokemon games
-Make a Pokemon Channel similar to Mario Kart Channel, for potential lagless online battling
-Customizable Trainers, similar to Pokemon Battle Revolution.  If not this, than the ability to use your Mii as your trainer, but deck him in Poke Outfits
-You choose your starter Pokemon out of all except Legendaries (I mean, I'm only picking Cyndaquil anyway, but I figure others want different choices)
(This next one is really pushing it)
-Allow for 2 Player Co-OP.  I mean, this series is all about making friends and battling each other and all that, so why not make it possible where you and your bestest best friend can go through the entire game together, or simply make separate save data & separate modes I.E. Single & Double Player, or something like that

I think that's about everything I can think of off the top of my head.  8D

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #51 on: May 03, 2009, 09:57:24 PM
POKEMON NEEDS REAL-TIME BATTLES.

GODDAMNIT.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #52 on: May 03, 2009, 10:00:38 PM
PB, i agree with everything you said, save for the last one. but that's because i have much hate for 2-on-2 battles.

also, your second note might not be necessary. i really want to see GSC get this treatment.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #53 on: May 03, 2009, 10:01:14 PM
@Acid - That and actual terrain influenced battles. I wanna tell my Pikachu to jump a Rhydon after climbing up a hill and hit it's drill too dammit. XD

PB - What you suggested would be labeled a Class 1 terrorist weapon, just because civilization & Japan would end as we knew them. XD

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #54 on: May 03, 2009, 10:06:24 PM
PB, i agree with everything you said, save for the last one. but that's because i have much hate for 2-on-2 battles.

also, your second note might not be necessary. i really want to see GSC get this treatment.

I think 2 on 2 battles would be better with another person, rather than one trainer using 2 Pokemon.  That's just me though.

And I doubt they would start Gold/Silver anywhere but Johto

Offline HokutoNoBen

• We Are Living! Living in 90s...90s...90s...
  • RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile
Reply #55 on: May 03, 2009, 10:13:36 PM
@Acid - That and actual terrain influenced battles. I wanna tell my Pikachu to jump a Rhydon after climbing up a hill and hit it's drill too dammit. XD

Dynamic combat would definitely be something I could stand to see. Even a small, SRPG-like aspect like "height" advantage, and terrain would be nice starts.

PB - What you suggested would be labeled a Class 1 terrorist weapon, just because civilization & Japan would end as we knew them. XD

This is indeed true.  8D

My MaChamp awaits new challenges and to go on a tour of Johto, where his grandfather and I kicked much ass. I can't wait either...  0v0

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #56 on: May 03, 2009, 10:19:57 PM
-You choose your starter Pokemon out of all except Legendaries (I mean, I'm only picking Cyndaquil anyway, but I figure others want different choices)
Wait you mean we can choose anything besides Legendaries and evolve forms right?

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #57 on: May 03, 2009, 10:22:36 PM
I just want my Lugia & Typhlosion again. So much ass was kicked between the two of them, especially with Lugia's Aeroblast, which I lovingly nicknamed "Shell #13" back in the height of my Toonami/Outlaw Star/Video Game influenced childhood. XD

Offline Tickle Buffalo

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #58 on: May 03, 2009, 10:24:26 PM
WOBBUFFET FOR STARTER OF THE YEAR.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #59 on: May 03, 2009, 10:26:45 PM
I wonder how many people would start with a Magikarp. XD  Anyway I would start with a Absol in most of the regions I probably wouldn't have much of a problem using such a pokemon.

Offline TeaOfJay

• Resident Talking Tea Cup/ Lazy Super Hero
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • ROW ROW FIGHT DA POWAH!
    • View Profile
Reply #60 on: May 03, 2009, 10:35:51 PM
PB, all those ideas sound AWESOME.

But I think it might take a while to do, unless Nintendo would release regions via DLC for free or reasonably low prices (50 Wii points, 150 wii points at MAX).

Other than that, that'd be an awesome Pokemon game to play.

I doubt anyone would start with a Magikarp, but it would be interesting starting with a Pokemon that's an odd type (Ghost, Steel).

You should add that if you start off with Pikachu (Or any other small Pokemon like it), you get the opition of it following you around like in Yellow.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #61 on: May 03, 2009, 10:40:20 PM
You should add that if you start off with Pikachu (Or any other small Pokemon like it), you get the opition of it following you around like in Yellow.
You know I wonder how much harder it would be to find a Light Ball.  Oh well it doesn't matter.

Offline HokutoNoBen

• RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile
Reply #62 on: May 03, 2009, 10:41:16 PM

See, I always had a problem with such a thing.

Why should it only be the "small and cute" Pokes that get such a privelege?

I mean, if I want to have any one of my usual pimps outside and following me around (Machamp, the Totodile family, the Charmander family, etc.), why shouldn't I be allowed to?

If nothing else, it would be cool to see these guys actually do more to use the likes of Strength, Cut, Surf and etc, while they're on the overworld with me. And those who could fly could trail behind me while I ride a bike!  0v0

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #63 on: May 03, 2009, 10:42:38 PM
Having a Dragonite follow your avatar character around would be amazing for me. XD

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #64 on: May 03, 2009, 10:43:13 PM
See, I always had a problem with such a thing.

Why should it only be the "small and cute" Pokes that get such a privelege?

I mean, if I want to have any one of my usual pimps outside and following me around (Machamp, the Totodile family, the Charmander family, etc.), why shouldn't I be allowed to?

If nothing else, it would be cool to see these guys actually do more to use the likes of Strength, Cut, Surf and etc, while they're on the overworld with me. And those who could fly could trail behind me while I ride a bike!  0v0
Yeah I would love to have my Absol follow me around.

Offline TeaOfJay

• Resident Talking Tea Cup/ Lazy Super Hero
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • ROW ROW FIGHT DA POWAH!
    • View Profile
Reply #65 on: May 03, 2009, 10:44:29 PM
Ben, you got a point.

I just figured the whole "Small Pokemon only" would be a nice throw back to Pokemon Yellow and seems like something that would actually be done.

I agree that having any Pokemon follow you around is nice, but having a Wailord try to follow you on land is a bit much.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #66 on: May 03, 2009, 10:47:57 PM
Another thing that I think would kick ass...a picture book, of sorts.  What I think would be cool would be similar to Soul Calibur IV's character creation model, in which after you've created your character, you have like 5-6 poses of them.  I think it'd be cool if next to your posing character, you had a picture book of every Pokemon, each Pokemon can have 5-6 poses of their own, you can pose them with you and take pictures of said poses to send across to your Wii lil' buddies, ala Smash Bros Brawl data.

For example:
-PB in Pose 1 with Cyndaquil on his shoulder.
-PB in Pose 3 (dramatic pointing pose) with Cyndaquil using Flamethrower.

Come on...you can't tell me that THAT wouldn't be Super Fuckin' Effective!  8D

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #67 on: May 03, 2009, 10:55:41 PM
Addendum, taking pictures of funny events that happen in the world with you in the starring role for massive WiiConnect24 profit.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #68 on: May 03, 2009, 11:05:54 PM

Just think that, but with him possibly using Flamethrower on my face, for funny hijinx and such!   8D

Offline HokutoNoBen

• RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile
Reply #69 on: May 03, 2009, 11:12:13 PM
Ben, you got a point.

I just figured the whole "Small Pokemon only" would be a nice throw back to Pokemon Yellow and seems like something that would actually be done.

I agree that having any Pokemon follow you around is nice, but having a Wailord try to follow you on land is a bit much.

Maybe for certain Pokemon, unfortunately, such would have to be the case.

But still, I think the time is right to actually make it so at least the majority of the cast has their own, individual, overworld sprites/models that can either be in towns, or follow you around.

I mean, for goodness sake, it's not like they put that much in the way of innovation into each game, such "details" like this are certainly feasible for the area of "nice new perks".

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #70 on: May 03, 2009, 11:12:24 PM
Just think that, but with him possibly using Flamethrower on my face, for funny hijinx and such!   8D

My little Purity wouldn't be so violent though. Just a chin-rub is all you need. ^^

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Bag of Magic Food

• Neo Arcadian
  • Sonic's new friend Mr. Needlemouse
    • View Profile
Reply #71 on: May 04, 2009, 01:53:39 AM
How about a Pokemon+RockMan.EXE crossover?  That's how you could sneak real-time and terrain into there.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #72 on: May 04, 2009, 01:59:03 AM
At least my good 'ol Scyther won't be left out, we've been kickin' shell since R/uB/jG/Y. But noneoftheless, having having a Pokemon/Rockman EXE crossover having to sneak real-time and terrain, would most likely reveal the Shin Rockman in the process.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #73 on: May 04, 2009, 02:57:36 AM
Remember, the Johto anime opening was singing the words "Golden Sun" and "Silver Moon".
And later changed it to "Golden Smile" and "Silver Tears".

Think about that~ 8D

You know, I like both Golden Sun/Golden Smile and Silver Moon/Silver Tears, but I say that it should be Golden Sky and Silver Sea. It'd actually fit better you know :P

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #74 on: May 04, 2009, 03:03:18 AM
Send a note to Game Freak/Creatures/Pokemon Company. Hopefully they'll accept it. :3

Ho-oh flies in the skies, and Lugia swims in the sea. It can't be more obvious than that. ^^

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~