The Official Pokemon Heart Gold & Soul Silver Discussion Thread

Jericho · 417589

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #2075 on: August 20, 2010, 07:24:55 AM
Dude of course I do, I have a Feralgatr on mine after all.  Basicly train an Impish Totodile for Physical Attack and Defense. Teach it Aqua Tail, Ice Punch, Earthquake, and Dragon Dance.  You have to chain breed for Dragon Dance but it you're lazy like I am teach it some kind of other support move.  I know you hate the Battle Frotier but you have to go through it for Ice Punch it'll be worth it.

Now my question is what other types of pokemon do you like because I have a few opitions I can offer, by that I mean Fire, Grass, Electric etc.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #2076 on: August 20, 2010, 08:12:48 AM
Ahh, my Feraligatr is Naive, his Attack is 188, Defense 185. Sp.Attack is 141, Sp.Defense is 128, and Speed is 177.

The moves it has are not so great however.

It currently has Ice Beam, Return, Hydro Pump, and Surf. It did have Aqua Tail at one Point, but I replaced it for Ice Beam in a foolish move.

And besides water, I tend to have a liking for Flying, Fire, Electric, and Grass. I personally don't really like using Rock for their abundance of Weaknesses, and I don't see much in the Steel, Ghost, or Dragon Varietys.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #2077 on: August 20, 2010, 08:40:51 AM
Ahh, my Feraligatr is Naive, his Attack is 188, Defense 185. Sp.Attack is 141, Sp.Defense is 128, and Speed is 177.

The moves it has are not so great however.

It currently has Ice Beam, Return, Hydro Pump, and Surf. It did have Aqua Tail at one Point, but I replaced it for Ice Beam in a foolish move.

And besides water, I tend to have a liking for Flying, Fire, Electric, and Grass. I personally don't really like using Rock for their abundance of Weaknesses, and I don't see much in the Steel, Ghost, or Dragon Varietys.

Get a swarm of Dittos and an Action Replay.  The Action Replay may be cheating but I only use it for items and checking EVs and IVs and it makes so you can't screw up without knowing.  The swarm helps with other Natures you need. 

Now for the Flying types I are usually types I don't like myself save for Salamence but I can reccomend a decent one that you can try but I've never used it, Crobat and I quoted what I said for Crobat when Pyro was making his super hero team below.

Crobat not one that I would work with but he has some very decent moves.  Cross Poison, Brave Bird, X Scissor/U Turn, Steel Wing/Agility/Double Team.  Now there's only a little work for this breeding a female with a male for Brave Bird and getting a heart scale for Cross Poison but at least it's not near imposible like with Swampert.

Train an Adamant one to max it's Attack as much as possible since it's speed is still pretty high.

For Grass use a Impish Leafeon for a danm good Defense and it can heal it's self.  Synthesis, Leaf Blade, X-Scissor, and Iron Tail is the move set that I think could work.  He can basicly be the main tank of your team and can take out a few pokemon and heal.

For Fire I recommend any Fire Starter except Typholsion.  But it depends on what you want Blaziken is used for type veraiety to support your other pokemon, Charizard is decent speed Special Sweeper that can cover Earthquake but makes you more vulnerable as to Electic attacks and Infernape can do their jobs better but I find him cheap.

Electric types aren't ones I normaly use either but try Jolteon or Electivire follow the Crobat quote for Jolteon.  Electivire is a Physical attacker with a little above average speed so use Thunder Punch, Iron Tail, Earthquake and Light Screen.

For number six I recommend Gardevoir since you don't like Rock Types and you need a Special wall follow the quote for Gardevoir and give it Calm MInd for Support.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #2078 on: August 20, 2010, 09:13:24 AM
Get a swarm of Dittos and an Action Replay.  The Action Replay may be cheating but I only use it for items and checking EVs and IVs and it makes so you can't screw up without knowing.  The swarm helps with other Natures you need. 

Now for the Flying types I are usually types I don't like myself save for Salamence but I can reccomend a decent one that you can try but I've never used it, Crobat and I quoted what I said for Crobat when Pyro was making his super hero team below.

Train an Adamant one to max it's Attack as much as possible since it's speed is still pretty high.

For Grass use a Impish Leafeon for a danm good Defense and it can heal it's self.  Synthesis, Leaf Blade, X-Scissor, and Iron Tail is the move set that I think could work.  He can basicly be the main tank of your team and can take out a few pokemon and heal.

For Fire I recommend any Fire Starter except Typholsion.  But it depends on what you want Blaziken is used for type veraiety to support your other pokemon, Charizard is decent speed Special Sweeper that can cover Earthquake but makes you more vulnerable as to Electic attacks and Infernape can do their jobs better but I find him cheap.

Electric types aren't ones I normaly use either but try Jolteon or Electivire follow the Crobat quote for Jolteon.  Electivire is a Physical attacker with a little above average speed so use Thunder Punch, Iron Tail, Earthquake and Light Screen.

For number six I recommend Gardevoir since you don't like Rock Types and you need a Special wall follow the quote for Gardevoir and give it Calm MInd for Support.

About the Leafeon, which Level would you Reccomend I evolve it at?

Offline VirusChris

• Virakin of the Darkness Arcana
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I'm the guy people hate
    • View Profile
Reply #2079 on: August 20, 2010, 03:12:37 PM
Okay since I know you are going to EV train I highly recommend you get an Action Replay.  The Action Replay not only gives you the items you need but you can actually check your EV/IVs with it too.  And I like Wartortle better than Marshstomp since it has better Defense and it won't get murdered by Grass type moves as easily as Marshstomp plus it's not as much work if later on you do want to evolve your pokemon.  Teach it Special moves and if you're lucky enough to get a Female teach and Male compatiple pokemon Mirror Coat and Sludge and breed like the wind.

Also I'm serious about replacing the Sableye with Spirit Tomb.

I can't update my old v1 Action Replay because the cable doesn't work anymore and my other v1.6 Action Replay I busted somehow when using a code in a game, can't remember which, so I cannot add any games as there's "no free space" but I have no game lists in it anymore. Oh well, but I'm going to my local GameStop today to buy the DSi Action Replay, this Action Replay works on the original and Lite DS's right? Plus I'm going to re-buy Sapphire version as I somehow lost all my Pokemon Gameboy Advance games... all I got left are the original Red version, Yellow, Gold, Silver, FireRed, Diamond, and Pearl.

I lost LeafGreen, Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, and Platinum versions and I lost my Blue version a long time ago as I gave it to someone on the bus years ago in Elementary School to play my game a bit and when I went over to get it back she didn't had it anymore and didn't know where it was. What the heck!? I give it to you for alike 10 to 20 mins and you lost it on a bus!? Well I never let that girl burrow my stuff again unless I was close by keeping a watch.

It sucks that all that hours of hard work were wasted. Weird thing is this only happens to me with Pokemon, it's like a curse with me losing my Pokemon games.

Anyway, sorry for the rant, the Spirit Tomb does have good defense that helps a lot but how do I get one? What Pokemon should I trade with to get one? Until I get a Spirit Tomb, I'll find a Sableye until then.

After I build this team I'll build a team of Fully Evolved Pokemon. That Charizard build is a very nice one, and I thank you for that Sakura.
Still can't figure out what to do for a 6th Member... how about Aerodactyl? That a good?

"Spirit-Soul Fusion! Invoke... VIRUS CROSS!!!" ~ Quote from my Virakins global project
JP PSN: UirusuKurisu
Official Husband of Fox Caster from Fate/Extra <3

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #2080 on: August 20, 2010, 07:33:59 PM
About the Leafeon, which Level would you Reccomend I evolve it at?
Anytime is good.

I can't update my old v1 Action Replay because the cable doesn't work anymore and my other v1.6 Action Replay I busted somehow when using a code in a game, can't remember which, so I cannot add any games as there's "no free space" but I have no game lists in it anymore. Oh well, but I'm going to my local GameStop today to buy the DSi Action Replay, this Action Replay works on the original and Lite DS's right? Plus I'm going to re-buy Sapphire version as I somehow lost all my Pokemon Gameboy Advance games... all I got left are the original Red version, Yellow, Gold, Silver, FireRed, Diamond, and Pearl.
Yes the Action Replay works on the DS Lite, DSi and DSi XL.

Anyway, sorry for the rant, the Spirit Tomb does have good defense that helps a lot but how do I get one? What Pokemon should I trade with to get one? Until I get a Spirit Tomb, I'll find a Sableye until then.

After I build this team I'll build a team of Fully Evolved Pokemon. That Charizard build is a very nice one, and I thank you for that Sakura.
Still can't figure out what to do for a 6th Member... how about Aerodactyl? That a good?
You need to talk to 32 people in the underground or talk to one person 32, can't be a merchant, times by going in and out and stuff or GTS if you're lucky.  And I said trade out the Sableye.  Anyway I don't recomend Areodactly since you'll have a Charizard, try Metagross.

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #2081 on: August 20, 2010, 08:49:46 PM
I thought I read somewhere that you can get a Spirit Tomb from the Poke Walker at a certain area. I'll look into that.
And I would switch out Sableye for Spirit Tomb if I got Spirit Tomb, plus I don't have any Sableye at all. Time to go feel the Pokedex.

Yeah after posting about the Aerodactly, it was a bad choice since it weak to Electric type attacks because of its Flying Type even though it's a Rock Type if I remember if that's right. A Metagross? I guess I'll add him for my Fully Evolved Team and have its pre-evolved form as my Basic/2nd Form Team.

Basic/2nd Form Team

*CHARMELEON
*PIKACHU
*WARTORTLE
*RIOLU
*METANG
*SPIRIT TOMB

Fully Evolved Team

*CHARIZARD
*BLASTOISE
*RAICHU
*METAGROSS
*LUCARIO
*SPIRIT TOMB

"Spirit-Soul Fusion! Invoke... VIRUS CROSS!!!" ~ Quote from my Virakins global project

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #2082 on: August 20, 2010, 10:40:47 PM
I thought I read somewhere that you can get a Spirit Tomb from the Poke Walker at a certain area. I'll look into that.
And I would switch out Sableye for Spirit Tomb if I got Spirit Tomb, plus I don't have any Sableye at all. Time to go feel the Pokedex.

Yeah after posting about the Aerodactly, it was a bad choice since it weak to Electric type attacks because of its Flying Type even though it's a Rock Type if I remember if that's right. A Metagross? I guess I'll add him for my Fully Evolved Team and have its pre-evolved form as my Basic/2nd Form Team.

Basic/2nd Form Team

*CHARMELEON
*PIKACHU
*WARTORTLE
*RIOLU
*METANG
*SPIRIT TOMB

Fully Evolved Team

*CHARIZARD
*BLASTOISE
*RAICHU
*METAGROSS
*LUCARIO
*SPIRIT TOMB

Actually, despite what was originally thought, Rock Types can be hit by Electricity. The only reason you couldn't kill Geodude and Onix with Pikachu in Yellow is because of the Ground type.

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #2083 on: August 20, 2010, 11:32:14 PM
^You sure? I mean in the anime, yeah, Electric attacks work on Rock type, but in the game versions too? I'm not totally convinced yet until I've seen it, going to look around.

This ticks me off, my GameStop store had only 1 DSi Action Replay left and when I go to the store today it was gone so I have to order online for one. Good grief, have to add an extra $7 for it now.

And the employee said that the new firmware for the DSi makes the Action Replay useless and have been discontinued. Is he serious? Well I have the DS Lite so I'm not trouble plus hackers will get around it eventually.

Going to be a while before I can check my Pokemon's IV and EV stats. >_>

EDIT: I looked it up, I was wrong. Rock-types can be affected by Electric attacks. That's interesting and good to know.
I'll have to take a look at what Pokemon is a Rock type without Ground type as its secondary type.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #2084 on: August 22, 2010, 08:58:34 AM
I feel this is the right place to say it:

Voltorb Flip is a load of Bullshit that can go [tornado fang] itself in a firey pit filled with Used Needles from Heroin Junkies and rabid dogs with rabies.

I want my goddamn Slot-Machines back Nintendo, I don't [tornado fang]ing care if it makes Soccer Mom's [sonic slicer] (They [sonic slicer] about anything if they find some abstract way to make it innapropriate.). I'd rather have Pure Luck based games instead of ones involving strategy and [tornado fang]ing MATH FORMULAS. Because when you think of Pokemon, you really think of Math Formulas and Minesweeper.  -AC

Offline STM

• says you shouldn't play with your
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #2085 on: August 22, 2010, 07:04:55 PM
Because when you think of Pokemon, you really think of Math Formulas

Some people do. They're the ones who EV/IV train.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #2086 on: August 25, 2010, 11:17:20 AM
Some people do. They're the ones who EV/IV train.

But even then... EV training is more about killing the right pokemon. IV training is all about god damn breeding and luck. Also leveling the same Pokemon 50 million times.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #2087 on: August 28, 2010, 08:59:00 PM
Excuse me, STM, but EV/IV training is not seeing Pokemon as math formulas.  You're thinking of Shoddy battlers.  EV/IV training is a simple matter of having no life.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Pyro

• Wielder of the Chaos Force
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Boo yeah!
    • View Profile
Reply #2088 on: August 29, 2010, 04:55:41 AM
Excuse me, STM, but EV/IV training is not seeing Pokemon as math formulas.  You're thinking of Shoddy battlers.  EV/IV training is a simple matter of having no life.

Which fits the bill for me since I bred Torchics Magical Platypus knows how many times.

Come and read some Thoughts of a Platypus

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #2089 on: September 07, 2010, 09:45:43 PM
Charmeleon
*Flamethrower
*Ancient Power
*Dragon Rage
*Toxic

Wartortle
*Mirror Coat
*Sludge
*Hydro Pump
*Blizzard

Pikachu
*Thunder
*Rain Dance
*Focus Punch
*Double Team

Riolu
*Force Palm
*Shadow Claw
*Payback
*Sword Dance

Spiritomb
*Shadow Ball
*Giga Impact
*Rest
*Protect

Metang
*Meteor Smash
*Zen Headbutt
*Light Screen
*Reflect

Is this team setup good for my Basic/2nd Form Team? Any changes?
Also what Natures are best suited for my team.

Posted on: September 06, 2010, 04:15:17 PM
I went ahead and update my team roster for Online Battles and the Battle Tower. This time around I'll post my team's Nature, Movesets, EV Spread, Abilities, and Items they will be using. I think I have good team going on here.

1st - Charizard
MODEST Nature
Item - Power Herb
Ability - Blaze
*Dragon Pulse
*Solar Beam
*Flamethrower
*Ancientpower
EV: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 SpA

2nd - Blastoise
MODEST Nature
Item - Leftovers
Ability - Torrent
*Ice Beam
*Surf
*Rapid Spin
*Yawn
EV: 64 HP / 252 SpA / 192 Spd

3rd - Raichu
TIMID Nature
Item - Life Orb
Ability - Static
*Focus Blast
*Thunderbolt
*Grass Knot
*Nasty Plot
EV: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spd

4th - Lucario
JOLLY Nature
Item - Expert Belt
Ability - Steadfast
*Close Combat / Aura Sphere
*Payback
*Extreme Speed
*Sword Dance
EV: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd

5th - Sableye
CAREFUL Nature
Item - Leftover
Ability - Keen Eye
*Will-O-Wisp
*Knock Off
*Shadow Claw
*Recover
EV: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 SpD

or

5th - Spiritomb
CALM Nature
Item - Leftovers
Ability - Pressure
*Shadow Ball
*Toxic
*Sleep Talk
*Rest
EV: 252 HP / 140 Def / 116 SpD

6th - Rhyperior
ADAMANT Nature
Item - Leftovers
Ability - Solid Rock
*Earthquake
*Megahorn
*Stone Edge
*Stealth Rock
EV: 136 HP / 244 Atk / 128 Spd

I swapped out Metagross for Rhyperior as someone on GameFAQs mention I would have a problem Ground Types and starting thinking of using a different Pokemon instead of Metagross and for some reason Rhyperior came to mind. I have to say I was pleasantly surprised to see how great this Pokemon can be in battle and how to use him.

So I have my Rhyperior supporting my Raichu with Stealth Rock and my Blastoise supporting Charizard with Rapid Spin and plus Blastoise is a good tank to have. As well as Sableye being a great support Pokemon, but I do have Spiritomb as well to provided the extra stats and power to help my team instead.

And finally I believe I have a great Lucario ready to dish out some damage.

What do you guys think?

Offline STM

• says you shouldn't play with your
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #2090 on: September 10, 2010, 08:20:14 AM

Touche. 8D