Hypershell · 124728

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #25 on: November 09, 2008, 06:17:10 PM
Damn. No Ho-Oh, Lugia, Suicune, Raikou, or Entei? Rats.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline STM

• says you shouldn't play with your
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: November 09, 2008, 07:26:22 PM
Awfully convenient, IMO. At the same time, though, they may understand that a buttload of people have DS or DS lite, so it's not exactly restricting anybody so far to get them from FR/LG/Emerald.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #27 on: November 09, 2008, 08:21:39 PM
Yeah, but Lugia and Ho-oh are exclusive to the GCN titles (barring promotional island events, anyway), requiring an extra step of trades and a lot of extra hardware (you need an actual GBA and not a DS, as well as a GBA-to-GCN link cable, so unless you're into taking things apart the Micro is no good either).  Also, while the beast trio is in FR/LG, they are extremely difficult to track down.  Only one of the three will appear in any cartridge (not sure but I think it relates to your starter), as opposed to Colosseum where all three can be captured.  I'm quite certain that the vast majority of the legitimate beast trios floating around come from Colosseum.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: November 09, 2008, 08:25:09 PM
  Also, while the beast trio is in FR/LG, they are extremely difficult to track down.  Only one of the three will appear in any cartridge (not sure but I think it relates to your starter).  I'm quite certain that 99% of the legitimate beast trios out there are from Colosseum.
This is all true Bulbasuar you get Entei, Chamander you get Suicune, and Squritle you get Raikou.  Colosseum one you can get all of the Legendaries from Johto except Lugia and all the Johto starter secondary evolutions.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #29 on: November 09, 2008, 08:41:21 PM
Why Pokemon X-D: Gale of Darkness exists, you can get Lugia from there. anyway, I had the urge to pick up a -used- copy of each GCN title so I can port them over to my copy of Emerald. I think this sums it up, when Platinum comes out, I will port all my fuckin' pokes from Diamond if I ever get it. (Is happy old DS still has a use)

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #30 on: November 09, 2008, 08:44:35 PM
Why Pokemon X-D: Gale of Darkness exists, you can get Lugia from there. anyway, I had the urge to pick up a -used- copy of each GCN title so I can port them over to my copy of Emerald. I think this sums it up, when Platinum comes out, I will port all my [tornado fang]in' pokes from Diamond if I ever get it. (Is happy old DS still has a use)
I know that everyone knows but it's implies on the cover so I didn't mention it.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline STM

• says you shouldn't play with your
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #31 on: November 09, 2008, 08:45:32 PM
It's a shame you can't port your WFC Globe data over. I'm quite proud to have gotten a Manaphy from Afghanistan. Is it from one of our troops or a terrorist? The world may never know!

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #32 on: November 11, 2008, 04:25:49 AM
Well, since I can seemingly find no opponents, I was testing a new team revision on Battle Revolution.  I reintroduced Regigigas to fight alongside my promotional Dragonite, and with a little swap in moveset it's working out quite well.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Tickle Buffalo

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #33 on: November 11, 2008, 05:23:42 AM
You ever managed to last long enough to get out of slow start time?

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #34 on: November 11, 2008, 06:50:14 PM
Occasionally.  It's best not to depend on it, though.

Offline Pringer X

• Ultimate Super Robot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Pringer Beam!
    • View Profile
Reply #35 on: November 11, 2008, 07:41:50 PM
I'd have a good team, if I could ever figure out just which ones to put into it >< So far it's Weavile, Infernape, and Tentacruel. A bunch of others are in there, but it's picking and choosing from them for the rest of the three I need.

I would if Pidgey would just swarm already so I could breed a proper Skarmory. Stupid bird's refusing to show up.

What particular move set do you want Skarmory to have? If it's Whirlwind, then the Starly-line will work just as well.

Offline Tickle Buffalo

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #36 on: November 12, 2008, 05:20:50 AM
Oh.

That's right.

Don't I look smart right now?

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #37 on: November 12, 2008, 05:24:42 AM
Eh, no biggie.  I was once obsessive over trying to get a decent Morning Sun Scyther in XD, only to find out that Scyther can learn Roost in D/P.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #38 on: November 12, 2008, 05:31:49 AM
Eh, no biggie.  I was once obsessive over trying to get a decent Morning Sun Scyther in XD, only to find out that Scyther can learn Roost in D/P.

Aww FFFF, I should have never evolved my Scyther into a Scizor.. but does this apply to a certain Lv or so to LEARN Roost?

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #39 on: November 12, 2008, 05:58:31 AM
Oh no, it's not by Level, it's by TM.  Scizor can learn it too.

The real glory is that since Scizor ISN'T a Flying-type, he doesn't have the grounded penalty most other 'mans do when using the move.  Though in most cases he'll be slower than the opponent, so it won't matter anyway.

There are a few other Pokemon who can do that, but they're all either throw-aways (Beedrill, Dunsparce, etc.), or have access to other recovery moves.

Offline Tickle Buffalo

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #40 on: November 12, 2008, 05:58:59 AM
Eh, no biggie.

Oh, you may not care, but it matters to me. It matters to me. IT MATTERS TO ME.

I'm never going to achieve my dream of becoming a Pokemon Master. D:

Offline Sparky

• Игра закончена
  • A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #41 on: November 12, 2008, 06:20:28 AM
To heck with your lvl 50 Dragonites, i've got a lvl 80 japanese Lucario! ... Now I just need to beat the damn game.  -_-

Late, but Lucario is [parasitic bomb].

Anywho, I think I'll need to SLIGHTLY edit my team a bit. Mismagius doesn't seem to take part in a big enough role to stay. Forretress, however, served me well in certain matches.  8D

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #42 on: November 12, 2008, 07:20:26 AM
Well, while I believe Regigigas could be formidable in Singles, in Doubles he's getting my ass handed to me.

As unthinkable as this sounds, I may also axe Mewtwo, at least temporarily.  I want to make Lapras more useful, and I believe she would benefit from a different teammate, but I don't want to overdo the "Uber" legendaries.  May or may not switch out Scyther for a Togekiss, as well.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #43 on: November 12, 2008, 09:20:24 PM
http://gonintendo.com/?p=62706

If you have a Japanese game that is >_>

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #44 on: November 13, 2008, 03:44:57 AM
You know, in a way, I'm almost happy that Darkrai is so overly distributed.  Because if he wasn't, everyone would be complaining about how cheap Palkia is.  Really helps divert attention.

Offline Nexus

• is one random son of a
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • No one ever said all Reploids were smart.
    • View Profile
Reply #45 on: November 13, 2008, 03:48:43 AM
Lucario is [parasitic bomb]

That's what all the non-obsessive Pokemon players say. However, this one's actually pretty good. .. Now I just need that damn last Gym Badge so he'll obey me.  >_<

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #46 on: November 13, 2008, 04:14:12 AM
Lucario is one of those multi-attack 'mans with less than ideal Speed and Defenses to compensate, which is not the best combination but allows for some nice versatility.  He has a solid type combination and a great moveset, complimented by the likes of Aura Sphere, Extremespeed, and Bullet Punch.

Offline Pringer X

• Ultimate Super Robot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Pringer Beam!
    • View Profile
Reply #47 on: November 13, 2008, 04:18:15 AM
Lucario is the [parasitic bomb].

Fixed.

I still can't figure out what other three to have on my team >< I'm almost done raising my Sneasel to lv. 49 to learn Ice Shard, and once I've done that, I just need to evolve the damn thing. I'll raise Tentacruel next, and then once I have the particular Chimchar I'm hunting after, I'll be able to raise it.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #48 on: November 13, 2008, 05:45:03 AM
Ice Shard, IMO, is much better suited for Mamoswine or Lapras, Pokemon you don't otherwise expect to get the first shot.  Weavile is pretty freaking fast as it is, and will usually benefit more from Ice Punch (requires breeding, or waiting for a Platinum move tutor) or Avalanche.  If you raise it for max Speed, there are only 8 Pokemon in the game who can outrun him.

On the other hand, if you have a move slot to spare, why not?  It'll help you get the jump on those 8 'mans, opposing priority moves, Paralysis, stat-boosters, and Trick Roomers.

Offline Tickle Buffalo

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #49 on: November 13, 2008, 05:57:49 AM
Avalanche

I don't think forcing Weavile to go last is a good idea. He'll end up dead before doing anything half the time.