Rockman Betas, Trials, Promos and scrapped projects. The more rare, the better.

VixyNyan · 266051

Offline OKeijiDragon

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
LMAO, i never thought magazine would said that. 8)
What's especially funny about that is that Roll's 14. XD

Offline Shinichameleon / Nayim

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
What's especially funny about that is that Roll's 14. XD

So true.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile

a demo review of X7, with apparently only 3 playable stages. the intro stage, the lava stage, and the tunnel base stage.
in the lava one you have to destroy 30 target enemies, and the stage is timed, and in the tunnle stage you have to save 16 reploids trapped in giant "crates"

and of course, X is playabe in the intro stage. in fact, he seems to be the only playabe character in the demo.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile

The only thing that surprises me is the fact that they bothered to mention the PC MM3 in that timeline at the bottom...

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
It's a release list instead of timeline. ^^

I guess they were right about the release date...

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
*shudder* Such awful games!  XD

Offline Night

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Regardless of the final product, we can pretty much count on this being a better game than Mega Man X6.

Offline VixyNyan

• RPM Ecchi Princess
    • View Profile
They weren't any good fortune-tellers, that's for sure. I liked X6 more though. x3

(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
I loved X6, I also enjoyed X7. I guess that makes me wierd. :P

Offline VixyNyan

• RPM Ecchi Princess
    • View Profile
Count me in the X7 love too. Some aspects were good. Loading individual segments of the same level took a while though, and the menus, saving and loading took some time too. X8 tweaked it and fixed the speed. ^^

(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Shinichameleon / Nayim

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
I prefer X6 here.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
I like all the X games... is that okay too? I usually like any Megaman game I play. theres little I dont like in the franchise.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
If it helps, the first Megaman game was going to be an Astro Boy game, then an arcade game, then a Famicom Disk System game. There's also sample carts for MM3 and MM5 floating around somewhere, if I remember correctly.
Sure, an old quote, but this reminds me of (slightly off-topic warning) how Donkey Kong originated as a Popeye game. Since Miyamoto couldn't get the rights to Popeye, he changed Olive Oyl into Pauline, Bluto into DK, and Popeye into Mario (or Jumpman, as he was known back then). After all, Mario didn't become Mario until later, when they named him after Mario Segali (think that's it), the landlord of an NOA warehouse, if memory serves. A few years after the DK Arcade game, Miyamoto did get the rights to Popeye, and a game was made from that license. If that was off-topic, sorry. But the quote brought that to mind.

An oldie but a goodie.  Very first MM mystery I put online.  Maybe I ought to scan better scans ... ?
This is the "Emerald Palace Zone" of the MM fandom IMHO.  Lots of scans, but nothing else.
To be on topic, that is quite awesome.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Gauntlet101010

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • The Mechanical Maniacs
Well, I've been chipping away at an update on you're favorite section and mine for the last few days.  So much proto stuff has been found since I last updated that thing ... Protodude's definately doing a good job keeping track of it all.

Did that PC3 beta ever get "dumped"?  Because if it did, I'm kind of wondering what mysteries the sprite data holds. 

The Battle and Fighters sprite tiles don't show any surprises.  YD and Wily are in there, so it might be that this trial is a truncated final or a beta really close to production. 

RM7 beta actually has a different sprite for Bass talking and the pumpkin has different colors.  Also ... Mad Grinder's odd.  Really odd.  I'm trying to look at him from a developer's POV, understand.

Okay, he's unbroken in the intro AND he shoots fire.  But he does neither in the game.  You'd think this would suggest an earlier attack pattern, but he doesn't do this in the beta either!  Moreover, he doesn't shoot fire in PF.  So I'm wondering WTF is up with this guy.  Of course they could have planned the story out first (and got approval) and took out those attacks later on. 

Offline Rodrigo Shin

• Not a Zero series
  • Resistance Member
    • View Profile
    • Ácido Cinza
"scrapped projetcs"
Toys count?

The reason for retcon is to cancel out contradictions
a retcon is a last resort to erase a contradiction
Guys, please let me know when did Gwen Stacy getting retroactively impregnated with Goblin Twins solve any contradiction whatsoever and didn't create a whole set of new ones. TTFN

--

Whenever it comes to "consensus" and things alike, always remember Tony Bullet-Tooth's sage advice:
"You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity."

Offline VixyNyan

• RPM Ecchi Princess
    • View Profile
I was hoping it would be about the games. But toys should be fine too, or maybe create a new topic JUST for the toys.
We almost never talk about them here, which is a shame... o.o Miyabi has a list of toys on our Wikispace after all...

(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Gauntlet101010

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • The Mechanical Maniacs
With toys, there just isn't too much to talk about.  There's a few known unreleased things and ideas, though.

Offline Rodrigo Shin

• Not a Zero series
  • Resistance Member
    • View Profile
    • Ácido Cinza
I don't think there's a lot to talk about toys to warrant a thread just about them, but you guys make the calls.

Either way, Banpresto's Command Mission gashapons:

The line was just constantly delayed and delayed until it faded into obscurity. I remember reading some japanese fan sites ranting on it, but I can't recally any specifics. Some stuff I recovered via archive.org (my own notes though) said that the line was supposed to have 10 figures, even if the only confirmed ones were the five in the poster at the fair.

The reason for retcon is to cancel out contradictions
a retcon is a last resort to erase a contradiction
Guys, please let me know when did Gwen Stacy getting retroactively impregnated with Goblin Twins solve any contradiction whatsoever and didn't create a whole set of new ones. TTFN

--

Whenever it comes to "consensus" and things alike, always remember Tony Bullet-Tooth's sage advice:
"You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity."

Offline Protodude

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
    • Protodude's Rockman Corner
I don't think there's a lot to talk about toys to warrant a thread just about them, but you guys make the calls.

The line was just constantly delayed and delayed until it faded into obscurity. I remember reading some japanese fan sites ranting on it, but I can't recally any specifics. Some stuff I recovered via archive.org (my own notes though) said that the line was supposed to have 10 figures, even if the only confirmed ones were the five in the poster at the fair.

Oh I remember those alright; I waited and waited...

Offline Rad Lionheart

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
I wish I could have Command Mission figures on my shelf, it would make my shelf badass.

Offline Rock Miyabi

• THE ORIGINAL Jammin' Ninja
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
    • Miyabi on dA

That's one I'll have to add to the wiki whenever I get around to getting serious on the toys page. I really would have loved to have that set. But yeah, I don't think there really are a ton of toys to list or much to discuss about them.

The only figures I own that never made it to shelves are the NT Warrior Series 3 Burnerman and Shademan prototypes. Old photo is a couple months old:

For anyone who doesn't know, the set was going to be Burnerman, Freezeman, Aqua Custom Megaman, Elec Brother Megaman, and Wood Shield Megaman. Shademan was more of a rumor as I recall initially, until we saw the prototype as proof of a sixth figure. Of course back when we thought this Series was going to be released, the Sunny Side Up eBay guy seemed to put a decent number of them up for bids, but I don't know if there really were more than 15 of each sold. And that number could even be a little high. I still kick myself for not having the money to buy them all back then, but I kept holding out hope they'd come out. It was nice the 2 inch-figures from Series 3 did get released, even if it wasn't Stateside. In some respects, they're almost as rare as Series 2's Wood Soul.

Another NT Warrior figure nobody has really ever confirmed if it existed was the Series 1 2-inch Shadowman vs. Aqua Custom Megaman. You can see it in the bottom left here from the initial line unveiling:

Never have seen it for sale anywhere, and chances are it never did make the cut. But why, who knows? Muramasa Blade too sharp for youngin's? Ninja were anti-American? Probably not just me, but that was the one I wanted more than any of that set.

Previously was K.G. Inafunbags, Captain Heady, Damon Gant, and the guy who liked the blue bomber solely for the reason that he was blue.

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
There's those unreleased Jazwares figures of Knightman, Trigger, a Pantheon, Sigma, Shadow armour X, and a heavily battled-damaged Megaman. Apparently there wasn't enough interest in the line to justify releasing them. A damned shame.

Seriously, Jazwares, let's see some releases.

Offline Rad Lionheart

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
That was pretty good Knight Man.
Where's my Centaur Man now?

Offline Protodude

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
    • Protodude's Rockman Corner
Mega Man 4 beta from EGM 1991. Had this little nugget lying inside of some old floppies:

Sphinx boss looks awesome.

Offline VixyNyan

• RPM Ecchi Princess
    • View Profile
I also like the "Still in Progress" Met mugshots on the Stage Select. ^^ I updated the list with this. Thank you~

(c) Sky Child~