Computer Problem Thread

Flame · 205896

Offline OKeijiDragon

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #200 on: May 17, 2009, 01:46:49 AM
I’m trying to capture, compress, record with the best possible quality for the video in mind, so I’m looking for the best video codecs available for free on the internet. Which ones do you recommend?

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #201 on: May 21, 2009, 12:23:01 AM
the other way. like if I ant to convert INTO a dvd format.

Posted on: May 13, 2009, 08:02:54 AM
problem above solved
anyway, I dont know where to pu this so ill put it here. Why cant I see the first page of my Art topic? the background loads, and thats it. According to the browser, the page finished loading... though all I see is a background.
http://forum.rockmanpm.com/index.php?topic=23.0

Posted on: May 19, 2009, 10:49:45 PM
Some help on the matter would be appreciated. I can't view my first page...

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline TheDivine

• Resistance Member
    • View Profile
Reply #202 on: May 21, 2009, 12:26:59 AM
Same here. But from the looks of things, it's trying to load a -ton- of images. Were people using [img] tags? I'll never understand why people can't just link to stuff.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #203 on: May 21, 2009, 04:15:38 AM
I cant be sure, because since the crash, I copied most of my posts directly from MMN, where IMG tags are not allowed in art threads. so some have images some dont.

Posted on: May 20, 2009, 10:08:43 PM
EDIT: I looked for a snapshot of the page, a cached view, or whatever, and heres about 15 images on the page, not counting sigs... the most I have on any of the other pages are 9 images with IMG tags... I never had a problem with it before though...

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Shiki Tohno

• 直死の魔眼使い
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「その首…俺が貰い受ける」
    • View Profile
Reply #204 on: May 21, 2009, 05:01:23 AM
The problem isn't on your end, guys -- it's with the forum software. Apparently there was some kind of injection with a spambot on either one of the software files or the DB itself, and the ENTIRE PAGE ended up being, literally, CSS invisible. I'll poke around inside the DB now and see what I can find.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #205 on: May 21, 2009, 08:23:54 AM
wow, that doesnt sound good...
yeah, Id appreciate it. :P

Offline Shiki Tohno

• 直死の魔眼使い
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「その首…俺が貰い受ける」
    • View Profile
Reply #206 on: May 21, 2009, 06:59:31 PM
Randomly poking in the DB initially didn't bring up anything. I'm downloading the forum files to pore over those next. If that STILL doesn't bring up anything, I'll be downloading a complete DB dump and analyzing that closely next.

Posted on: 2009/05/21, 10:51:56
Reading through the forum files that relate to displaying threads gave no results. And having reported this to the SMF support forum, I'm inclined to think the issue is with the files, not the database. I'm gonna have to talk to Vix so she can request SSH access from Bluehost so I can deal with this properly and find the culprit.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #207 on: May 21, 2009, 09:51:56 PM
Yikes... that sounds quite serious. :/

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Magic Everywhere In This Bitch
  • Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
Reply #208 on: May 22, 2009, 12:50:40 AM
Wow, i must live on an indian burial ground or something. My moms computer won't work anymore. Screen doesn't turn on, it doesn't start to boot, nothing.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #209 on: May 22, 2009, 02:40:34 AM
could it be the power cord? or the device in the PC that controls the power? actually, that reminds me. a wile ago, My dad's screen stopped working.
when I push the button to turn it on, instead of the light going to yellow(standby) first then to green (on) when it turns on, it just goes directly to green, and the screen itself is still off. any help? I gave him my screen, (since I didnt need it)

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Magic Everywhere In This Bitch
  • Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
Reply #210 on: May 22, 2009, 11:15:19 AM
Not been able to check.

On my desktop, I finally got my dongle to work until i attempted to move from 98 to 98se. After an error and reformat, I repeated the same steps to get the dongle working, however it appears for the briefest of moments then disappears from my taskbar.

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #211 on: May 23, 2009, 01:01:32 AM
Is a sorcerer gonna take care of the SSH thingy now? It's been activated a few days ago. o.o

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Shiki Tohno

• 直死の魔眼使い
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「その首…俺が貰い受ける」
    • View Profile
Reply #212 on: May 23, 2009, 03:21:33 AM
On it as I type.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #213 on: May 23, 2009, 03:44:16 AM
speaking of which, were you able to find out anything on that Injection in my thread?

Offline Shiki Tohno

• 直死の魔眼使い
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「その首…俺が貰い受ける」
    • View Profile
Reply #214 on: May 23, 2009, 03:53:04 AM
Since I'm such an epic detective, I managed to track down where were all the files that were injecting spam code into our forum pages (yes, ALL OF THEM), one of which was getting injected so badly it ended up making your art thread's first page invisible, and got rid of them with a single attack from my command-fu.

You may all worship me now.

Offline Afro-Shroom

• King of the N00bs
  • Master's Unit
  • DWII's Lab Expirement Verifier
    • View Profile
Reply #215 on: May 23, 2009, 04:00:02 AM
Since I'm such an epic detective, I managed to track down where were all the files that were injecting spam code into our forum pages (yes, ALL OF THEM), one of which was getting injected so badly it ended up making your art thread's first page invisible, and got rid of them with a single attack from my command-fu.

You may all worship me now.

Well it's the least we can do... :P

"This hand of mine glows with an awesome power! It's burning grip tells me to defeat you! Take this! My love, my anger, and all of my sorrow! Shining Finger!!~ "

"This hand of mine is burning red! It's loud roar tells me to grasp victory! Erupting...Burning...FINGER!!!~"
-----
That one Nun...

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #216 on: May 23, 2009, 05:11:25 AM
Wow. You rock DZ.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #217 on: May 23, 2009, 11:53:08 PM
Computer won't delete the first document that I have accedentally printed; yet I made the mistake of turning the printer off during it's job, paused the doc, and now I can't delete the doc that I didin't want to print. can someone help?

EDIT w/ PROTIP: If you are using a printer from a remote source, be sure to reset the main computer that has the printer hooked up to it to correct the problem. I figured this one out, though at least if it happens again, I could keep this question open.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Waifu

• Ultimate Despair
  • Master's Unit
  • Kanako, the Moriya Shrine Goddess
    • View Profile
Reply #218 on: May 27, 2009, 08:45:11 PM
What is the best antivirus to use for protection? And what is the difference between Divx and Xvid?

Offline Shiki Tohno

• 直死の魔眼使い
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「その首…俺が貰い受ける」
    • View Profile
Reply #219 on: May 27, 2009, 10:02:13 PM
Avira Antivir for your first question. And for your second question, XviD is generally a better codec, supporting less noticeable compression in smaller filesize.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #220 on: May 27, 2009, 10:20:52 PM
Hey why is it that animated Gifs run a lot faster in firefox than they do normally?
On my PC itself, like windows picture and fax viewer, and in IE, they run at normal speed, but on firefox, they run too fast. why is that?

Offline Rockmon

• RPM Irregular
    • View Profile
Reply #221 on: May 27, 2009, 11:27:54 PM
IDK, but at least I now know that I'm not the only one with the problem.

Save the tatas..................................................................................................please?

Offline Shiki Tohno

• 直死の魔眼使い
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「その首…俺が貰い受ける」
    • View Profile
Reply #222 on: May 28, 2009, 06:20:04 AM
Hey why is it that animated Gifs run a lot faster in firefox than they do normally?
On my PC itself, like windows picture and fax viewer, and in IE, they run at normal speed, but on firefox, they run too fast. why is that?
It's the other way around. The animation display engine of most OSes is actually too slow. Firefox displays animated GIFs at their correct speed. I think Chrome does as well.

Offline Tickle Buffalo

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #223 on: May 28, 2009, 06:32:57 AM
Haven't we already had this discussion?

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #224 on: May 28, 2009, 06:58:27 AM
I dont recall it.