Computer Problem Thread

Flame · 205566

Offline Nexus

• is one random son of a
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • No one ever said all Reploids were smart.
    • View Profile
Reply #350 on: August 12, 2009, 05:01:23 AM
I Accidentally Deleted "My Pictures" Folder, why can I do?  :|

It should be in the Recycle Bin. If not, just make a new one and start over - if it's past the RB, it's gone.  :\

Offline Nekomata

• The Adorable
  • RPM Goddess
  • The Devil in The Poisoned Tuxedo
    • View Profile
Reply #351 on: August 12, 2009, 07:39:48 PM
go into system 32 and delete all the .dll files.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #352 on: August 23, 2009, 08:08:53 PM
Neko, that solution's only temporary.
Go to your Hard Drive, right click, and select Format.

Posted on: August 12, 2009, 21:29:29
RPM keeps giving me 504's. "Internal server error" when I try to post or modify a post with too many pictures.

It happened with my sig too. and yet, when I refresh the previous page, the post is there regardless.

just thought Id say that.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #353 on: August 24, 2009, 03:08:53 PM
It appears that your database may require an upgrade. Your forum's files are currently at version SMF 1.1.10, while your database is at version 1.1.6. The above error might possibly go away if you execute the latest version of upgrade.php.

I think I have to take care of it soon... when there aren't a lot of members online. =3=

Posted on: August 23, 2009, 22:33:33
I fixed it. ^.^

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #354 on: August 25, 2009, 05:51:57 AM
Oh? so is that what that RPM "reset scare" was about a while ago?

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Nekomata

• The Adorable
  • RPM Goddess
    • View Profile
Reply #355 on: August 25, 2009, 06:35:35 PM
no that was me dicking around with the server for shits and giggles.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #356 on: September 10, 2009, 04:11:16 AM
Im not sure what to do about this. I've noticed it while playing games.(especially megaman ones)
when I press fire, (usually Z or X on my keyboard,) plus the left arrow, it acts wird. like, megaman woNt slide until I let go of the arrow, or wont jump till I let go of the arrow.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #357 on: September 10, 2009, 03:23:11 PM
Ah, I have the same problem.
I guess it's just a keyboard thing, nothing to worry about.

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Psycho Yuffie

• Neo Arcadian
  • Pffft!
    • View Profile
Reply #358 on: September 10, 2009, 06:01:46 PM
Use a controller instead? :3

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #359 on: September 12, 2009, 06:03:03 AM
Dont have one. But I switched it from Z and X to A and S and the problem isnt there anymore.

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Magic Everywhere In This Bitch
  • Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
Reply #360 on: September 27, 2009, 01:43:02 AM
God damn it.

My PC [tornado fang]'d up again. Ended up having to reformat again. I still have all the 98 disks and [parasitic bomb] I had but the boot disk for 98SE isn't wanting to work properly. Tells me that there's missing paths. I can't find anything on google and the [tornado fang] who helped me before, in all his linux elitism glory, has decided not to no longer help me.

And no, I can't go any higher than 98. Maybe ME, but thats [parasitic bomb]. My computer is 11 years old. So don't even suggest it. If I had the money, I'd have a new system.

Anyone able to help me?

Offline Shiki Tohno

• 直死の魔眼使い
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「その首…俺が貰い受ける」
    • View Profile
Reply #361 on: October 01, 2009, 08:38:23 AM
Get yourself XP. Believe it or not, it runs fine in a 15-years old laptop (a Compaq Armada, to be precise, which came with Win95). Your computer is more than likely able to handle it, even if you'll need to reduce some graphical effects.

Offline Rad Lionheart

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #362 on: October 01, 2009, 10:00:24 AM
I've been having a strange issue lately.
I have no idea what's causing it, or when it's starting up.
But sometimes, I'll lose all sound in any browser I use.

While Winamp will work, FL studio will work, Browsers won't, games won't.
they lose their sound, while others can.

I check my devices, and apparently there is no device for audio.
Yet, I know I do have onboard sound, and I obviously have some sound.

I try to change it to the device, but the drop down menus don't have my Realtek AC'97, so I can't.
Only a reboot, then changing it to the device, will work.
And then, it'll go out again at random.

I'd like to know how to stop it, and I'd like to know what the [tornado fang] is up with this [parasitic bomb].

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #363 on: October 02, 2009, 04:13:08 AM
Hmm. small thing I have. Whenever Movie maker is a [sonic slicer] and freezes, naturally, I have to task manager it shut. but thing is, after that, my computer acts funny. As in, for example, if I am in MS paint, and I right click and select "copy" the highlighted "copy" remains on the screen, even though the right click menu goes away. I gets stuck with a little transparent highlight bar with "copy" in it. but it hapens with whatever else I were to right click select. not just that.

The only way to get rid of it is to right click on my desktop, which brings up the right click menu, and the bar disappears from the screen, but even then, when I right click on the desktop, the menu comes up transparent, like it didn't finish "loading". when I move the cursor over it, it then comes up fully, no transparent.

My ability to click certain links stops working as well. I click and nothing happens. They don't open.

The only way to set it all right is to restart my Computer, after which that "effect" is gone. (until Movie maker is to crash again)

I was wondering why it is that happens.

BTW, the thing with the menu coming up transparent only happens on the desktop. If I right click on the internet, it comes up right.

( I accidentally posted this in the electronics discussion topic)

Posted on: October 01, 2009, 14:29:45
Ok, WTF happened to my video?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaohWJaEm-Y

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #364 on: October 18, 2009, 05:58:47 PM
Help here to those that encountered this problem: How in the world do I remove stubborn files? Been driving me crazy for the past months when I want to free hard drive disk space and organize my programs. I did this once by resetting the PC after a scan but I don't think this applies to most stubborn folders.

Anyone?

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #365 on: October 25, 2009, 11:04:28 PM
Does anyone know a good alternative to Windows Moviemaker to edit and produce videos? Moviemaker crashes and freezes way too often. All the times of which it fucks up my system when it does.

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #366 on: October 25, 2009, 11:13:32 PM
Um, as long as you have the right video codecs installed, TMPGenc can open those videos without any real problems.
It can even open WMV, MP4, FLV and so many more videos.
Then you can re-convert them to AVI for easier editing later (Just pick File > Output to File).

When I want to do some real editing, I use a mix of VirtualDubMod and Audacity (for the sound).
Just extract the audio with VirtualDubMod, do your edits with Audacity and then add the sound back into your video.
You have more control over your editing that way.

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #367 on: October 26, 2009, 12:32:44 AM
Sounds nice.

Which is another thing- WMM doesnt show the video in AVI's, only the audio. Which while in some cases, is a good thing, (less steps if I want to get only music without video,) its more often than not a hassle.

Thank Vix. Ill look into it.

Offline Keno

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #368 on: October 26, 2009, 09:36:22 PM
Guys, I need to smash my monitor open so I can make a Halloween costume from it. How do I not get electrocuted?

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #369 on: October 26, 2009, 09:37:18 PM
Unplug it?

Offline Keno

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #370 on: October 26, 2009, 09:42:53 PM
I was under the impression they kept a charge in them, like tube TVs.

Offline Nekomata

• The Adorable
  • RPM Goddess
    • View Profile
Reply #371 on: October 27, 2009, 12:48:51 AM
wear rubber gloves or something

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #372 on: October 27, 2009, 01:14:28 AM
pour water on it. thats sure to work.

Offline Keno

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #373 on: October 27, 2009, 06:17:52 PM
wear rubber gloves or something
I don't have rubber gloves. Why would I have rubber gloves? Rubber gloves are for women so they can scrub the kitchen.

Offline Sky

• massive idiot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • for kids
    • View Profile
    • art blog
Reply #374 on: November 01, 2009, 06:58:38 AM
my computer caught fire the other day

what should i do with whats left?

squemp