Flame · 205565

Offline Kirby Pink

• Joker
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • "I play a card."
    • View Profile
    • Sprite Album
Reply #275 on: July 03, 2009, 11:26:47 PM
I don't see how that as anything to do with internet. Do you mean check how much the network is using or?

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #276 on: July 03, 2009, 11:32:57 PM
I don't see how that as anything to do with internet. Do you mean check how much the network is using or?

What I exactly meant. Go and scan to check to see how much is the network is using up, then try to resolve it afterwards.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Shiki Tohno

• 直死の魔眼使い
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「その首…俺が貰い受ける」
    • View Profile
Reply #277 on: July 04, 2009, 02:09:41 AM
I still need this >.>
Only thing that comes to mind is that a failed installation left some screwed values in the registry. Get yourself a registry cleaner and try weeding out some of the useless stuff left in there, and try installing again. It's the only thing I can think of.

Offline Rad Lionheart

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #278 on: July 05, 2009, 01:04:12 AM
My current computer problem is hard to explain.

Anyways.
A short story : By Rad Lionheart

Today, I was playing with FL Studio, then inexplicably my computer went fuckin' nuts on me, I was forced to reboot at the button, which is normal, I've done it many times before, then suddenly, many strange and colourful characters filled the screen, not my usual bootloader, very strange.
So I reboot again, thinking maybe it was a fluke, and this time, I'll get my bootloader, boot up into Windows, and continue where I last left off.

Nope, this time however, I got a generic bootloader error (18 if I remember correctly.)
I switched to my Mandriva disc, boot up the live disc, and looked it up.
Apparently, I need to install the bootloader again, but guess what?
None of my Linux discs will allow it, says there's no device capable of installing on. (Apparently my hard drive is now invisible!)

So then after some fiddling, I finally got the bootloader to come up, and boot into Windows.
I assumed everything was fine, until everything locked up again, and I was forced to reboot at the button.
Figuring it another fluke (It could happen, y'know.) I boot up normally again.
Oh snap, Bootloader error 15 this time! AWESOME!

So again, insert the Mandriva disc, boot up live.
And this time I decided "I'll just reinstall Mandriva and it'll reinstall the bootloader with it! PROBLEM SOLVED!"
Nope, apparently, I have no hard drive! It can't find anything to install an OS on! YAY!
So then after about another hour of booting and rebooting and unbooting and a booting to the head, I get into Mandriva (Not Windows this time, cause I know it'll [tornado fang] up again.) anyways, Mandriva is working fine, aside from the non-working bootloader, it hasn't had a problem yet.
But I still can't get into the bootloader, or windows.

So I've decided since my BlackXP disc is up and vanished due to my sister misplacing it, I have to find a quick alternative.
PJ told me my computer would more than likely work fairly well with Windows 7 installed, so it's time to give that RC a try.
It just finished downloading now, so I've gotta find a Linux based iso burner, that's free and runs well on my machine.

But anyways, my computer doesn't work, and I have to format my windows AND possibly my linux partition, if it doesn't start identifying my HDD.
In other words.
FML.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #279 on: July 05, 2009, 08:28:56 AM
Only thing that comes to mind is that a failed installation left some screwed values in the registry. Get yourself a registry cleaner and try weeding out some of the useless stuff left in there, and try installing again. It's the only thing I can think of.

Well, Firefox works somewhat, but it still slows my computer like hell when I try to open it, but it does after a while of freezing everything >_> and the installation of .Net Framework still fails.

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #280 on: July 05, 2009, 08:38:14 PM
My current computer problem is hard to explain.

Anyways.
A short story : By Rad Lionheart

Today, I was playing with FL Studio, then inexplicably my computer went fuckin' nuts on me, I was forced to reboot at the button, which is normal, I've done it many times before, then suddenly, many strange and colourful characters filled the screen, not my usual bootloader, very strange.
So I reboot again, thinking maybe it was a fluke, and this time, I'll get my bootloader, boot up into Windows, and continue where I last left off.

Nope, this time however, I got a generic bootloader error (18 if I remember correctly.)
I switched to my Mandriva disc, boot up the live disc, and looked it up.
Apparently, I need to install the bootloader again, but guess what?
None of my Linux discs will allow it, says there's no device capable of installing on. (Apparently my hard drive is now invisible!)

So then after some fiddling, I finally got the bootloader to come up, and boot into Windows.
I assumed everything was fine, until everything locked up again, and I was forced to reboot at the button.
Figuring it another fluke (It could happen, y'know.) I boot up normally again.
Oh snap, Bootloader error 15 this time! AWESOME!

So again, insert the Mandriva disc, boot up live.
And this time I decided "I'll just reinstall Mandriva and it'll reinstall the bootloader with it! PROBLEM SOLVED!"
Nope, apparently, I have no hard drive! It can't find anything to install an OS on! YAY!
So then after about another hour of booting and rebooting and unbooting and a booting to the head, I get into Mandriva (Not Windows this time, cause I know it'll [tornado fang] up again.) anyways, Mandriva is working fine, aside from the non-working bootloader, it hasn't had a problem yet.
But I still can't get into the bootloader, or windows.

So I've decided since my BlackXP disc is up and vanished due to my sister misplacing it, I have to find a quick alternative.
PJ told me my computer would more than likely work fairly well with Windows 7 installed, so it's time to give that RC a try.
It just finished downloading now, so I've gotta find a Linux based iso burner, that's free and runs well on my machine.

But anyways, my computer doesn't work, and I have to format my windows AND possibly my linux partition, if it doesn't start identifying my HDD.
In other words.
FML.
Virus maybe?
My old computer locked up completely on me once while on RPM. I clicked a board link, and the whole computer froze over. All I could do was move my mouse cursor, but nothing else. I couldnt click couldnt do anything else exept move the mouse cursor on the ice cold screen. I tried to bring up task manager, nothing, I tried rebooting the computer via Ctrl+Alt+Delete, and nothing.
I tried Rebooting via the power button on the front.(EG it turns the computer off and then I turn it back on) AND EVEN THE BUTTON DIDNT DO ANYTHING. So I didn the next (Il)logical thing. I pressed the switch on the power strip and cut off the power. When I turned the PC back on, It couldnt read my HD. We tried various things, but nothing worked. I eventually gave up and opened the HD to see if I had maybe broken the arm inside. It wasnt broken, but I assumed that by cutting off the power so abbruptly, I broke something inside of it.

Either that, Or I had gotten a virus. (The HD was brand new. an 80 gig HD that my neighbor, a \Verizon worker gave to me brand new. He had used it to work with something,but other than small usage, never really used it. So since he was done with it, he formatted it, and handed it over.)

now, onto my current issue.
My laptop, like many others, goes to sleep when I close the lid. However, when I wake it up and it goes to the user select screen, It shows my icon, (there are no other accounts) and underneath, right above the "switch user" button, it says "Locked" like my account is locked or something...
Which... It isnt... I click my Icon or tap the space bar and log back in without a problem. But it IS weird. id like to know  a bit bout that...
(Vista is my OS)

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Rad Lionheart

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #281 on: July 05, 2009, 11:08:06 PM
I figured it was a virus of some sort.
Or hitting the power button, had some sorta strange effect on it.
Only effecting the GRUB bootloader and Windows itself though.

Anyways, I got Win7 installed now.
I already hate it.
Do want XP back kthnx.

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Magic Everywhere In This Bitch
  • Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
Reply #282 on: July 05, 2009, 11:44:55 PM
Not sure if this is exactly a PC problem, but didn't wanna make a whole new topic about it.

I can't connect to any other IRC server than one I'm usually on. The rest give me a 10054, no matter what one I try. I even tried using them first, and IRC servers I know my friends are on won't work. I use mIRC but I downloaded Xchat, thinking the client was the problem, but xchat gives me the same errors and its really starting to irritate me.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #283 on: July 05, 2009, 11:49:56 PM
I cannot Log out of RPM 8D. I click the Log out Button and it just takes me back to the forum index, still logged on.
Im trapped here. 8D

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Rad Lionheart

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #284 on: July 06, 2009, 08:07:18 AM
My disc drive just died.
You guys can't really help me, but I thought I'd share.

(Well, you could help if you guys wanted to buy me a new one.)

Offline Gaia

• Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #285 on: July 08, 2009, 12:48:49 AM
It seems on this computer, I can't play MIDIs. doesn't that just seem odd? can someone solve this problem pwease?

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #286 on: July 08, 2009, 03:01:52 AM
Why would you want to play Midis to begin with...?

Offline Gaia

• Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #287 on: July 08, 2009, 03:03:33 AM
R-P-G-M-A-K-E-R. Need I spell it out? I need playable midis that way music from rpg-maker made games won't be an issue

Offline Rad Lionheart

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #288 on: July 08, 2009, 03:05:40 AM
I have reasons to use MIDIs on my computer, so no bashing MIDI files. >:C

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #289 on: July 08, 2009, 03:06:45 AM
>:\

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #290 on: July 08, 2009, 08:34:59 AM
MIDI is the reason video game music exist. o.o;

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Emiri Landeel

• M i s s i n g   i n   a c t i o n
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Put your faith in me and I'll show ya.
    • View Profile
Reply #291 on: July 08, 2009, 08:40:58 AM
I love MIDI....
Cos when you have an appropriate sound card or sound driver, it's really awesome.

Yamaha FM Synth for PPL who want something Genesissy. (I had one, but gave it to my dad cos now I'm using SoundBlaster)
Yamaha XG has better drum, and there is an emulate version too.
Roland Virtual Sound Canvas is more like and upgrade of Roland GM/GM2, and these are soft synth.

Also don't forget Wingroove, great MIDI player which has it's own set of instrument.

**OOPS! I forget to mention about GXSCC, for ppl who obsessed with Famicom/NES.

Offline Rad Lionheart

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #292 on: July 08, 2009, 10:47:35 PM
Mmm Genesissy...

Offline prower42

• Resistance Member
    • View Profile
Reply #293 on: July 09, 2009, 05:20:16 AM

My laptop, like many others, goes to sleep when I close the lid. However, when I wake it up and it goes to the user select screen, It shows my icon, (there are no other accounts) and underneath, right above the "switch user" button, it says "Locked" like my account is locked or something...
Which... It isnt... I click my Icon or tap the space bar and log back in without a problem. But it IS weird. id like to know  a bit bout that...
(Vista is my OS)

that's just normal behavior
mine does that too. i have vista

Offline AdamTheHedgehog

• Godly Artist
  • B-Class Hunter
  • YOURS IS THE BRUSH THAT WILL PAINT THE HEAVENS!
    • View Profile
Reply #294 on: July 09, 2009, 06:11:32 AM
that's just normal behavior
mine does that too. i have vista
Not just Vista; XP does the same thing. This function is often for security reasons. This system prevents computer-jacking from occurring.

Also, in recent news:

From what I've noticed, several public (and mostly non-governmental sites) have recently been attacked with Malware, which, from the sites that I've heard which were infected with them, inserts an annoying ieframe into the website affected by this malware. In most cases, it's a quick fix. However, when not treated, it can screw up websites crazy.  -AC Right now, I only know of two sites that I visit which were attacked by it:

http://2kinds.com: The famous web manga about a human, a tiger girl, a banished warrior, and a gender-confused wolf. (Currently undergoing a server swap to a more secure private server and provider to stop any further damage. The manga is still viewable at www.twokindscomic.com, which serves as the archive site.)

and

www.aq.com This site is the home of AdventureQuest Worlds, which is a spinoff of the famous AdventureQuest, a game made by Artix Entertainment. (A quick fix from the AE staff easily remedied this problem.)

If you'd like, post other sites you know of that have recently been hit with this, and if you're a fan of TwoKinds. Help 'ol Tom (the author) out!   ;O;

Offline goodwill221

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
Reply #295 on: July 09, 2009, 05:42:18 PM
My computer sort of hanged once I installed my anti virus. It is Norton latest that I installed. Tried every thing to get it to working. But I had to do re formatting. Well anybody know why this happened please let me know

Offline Emiri Landeel

• M i s s i n g   i n   a c t i o n
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Put your faith in me and I'll show ya.
    • View Profile
Reply #296 on: July 09, 2009, 05:45:50 PM
Maybe it's time to change your Anti-Virus?

I dunno what's the best, but I'm using NOD32 and I'm happy with it. No problem so far.
BTW This is based on my experience tho, so don't take it as a fact. ^^"

Offline Shiki Tohno

• 直死の魔眼使い
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「その首…俺が貰い受ける」
    • View Profile
Reply #297 on: July 09, 2009, 07:19:28 PM
My computer sort of hanged once I installed my anti virus. It is Norton latest that I installed. Tried every thing to get it to working. But I had to do re formatting. Well anybody know why this happened please let me know
http://www.jimmyr.com/blog/Norton_AntiVirus_is_A_Virus_97_2007.php

Offline AdamTheHedgehog

• Godly Artist
  • B-Class Hunter
  • YOURS IS THE BRUSH THAT WILL PAINT THE HEAVENS!
    • View Profile
Reply #298 on: July 09, 2009, 08:04:42 PM
I don't trust Norton; It's too sensitive and Naggy. I myself prefer IoBit's Advanced SystemCare. It's got a lot of stuff for AntiVirus. Use that and Spyware Doctor, and you've got a secure system.

Offline Kirby Pink

• Joker
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • "I play a card."
    • View Profile
    • Sprite Album
Reply #299 on: July 10, 2009, 07:29:05 PM
What I exactly meant. Go and scan to check to see how much is the network is using up, then try to resolve it afterwards.
And how do i scan it?