Computer Problem Thread

Flame · 205587

Offline Saber

• King of Knights
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「Archetype Hero」
    • View Profile
Reply #250 on: May 31, 2009, 04:47:14 PM
Well, I did not bother with any other Media Player Classic versions because all versions I tried so far except for the one packed with CCCP gave me trouble with my Vista theme.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #251 on: May 31, 2009, 05:08:14 PM
Hey, question. As a few of you know, I go a brand new Laptop recently. However, It has Vista. Now, Vista oitself hasnt been giving me any issues, but My printer, an Hp, will not install because it is meant for win. Xp... can I Dl drivers or something to make it work on my LT?

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #252 on: May 31, 2009, 05:19:54 PM
Um well, first you have to find out what the exact laptop or printer you have (manufacturer, model, stuff), and then go to the official website to see if XP or Vista drivers are available for it. If there aren't any drivers available, you have to use some kind of "driver detective" or something that's actually helpful (and free >v<). A driver search engine program that help you find the right drivers.

Your laptop has a couple of things installed, and you have to make research, find out what graphics card you have, sound card, everything that's important to you, and then go to the official websites for those things and download drivers all over the place. It takes a long time, but make sure you save everything on a CD or something if you need them later. >U<

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #253 on: May 31, 2009, 07:31:22 PM
Yeah. My PE teacher pretty much said the same thing... Go to the site the printer is from, and download drivers from there if they have them, alternatively, have them send me a disc with the drivers. (In the case I dont want to download it)

Thanks.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Magic Everywhere In This Bitch
  • Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
Reply #254 on: June 01, 2009, 04:28:53 PM
So uh, I'm trying to find a new/used hard drive for my PC, the problem is I really don't know the limits of a Presario 2266 from the frikken Bronze Age and I don't know where to look online. Can anyone help me?

Offline Rockmon

• RPM Irregular
    • View Profile
Reply #255 on: June 01, 2009, 05:41:52 PM
get me pix of the end of both cables going to the HDD, the connectors on the HDD, and a good pic of the label on top.

Save the tatas..................................................................................................please?

Offline Waifu

• Ultimate Despair
  • Master's Unit
  • Kanako, the Moriya Shrine Goddess
    • View Profile
Reply #256 on: June 01, 2009, 05:46:42 PM
I had dealt with my computer virus but now it has infected my brother's MP3 player due to there being a certain folder that had been infected. I am planning to format the thing but I don't want to lose any of the the songs, do you where I can back it up?

Offline Rockmon

• RPM Irregular
    • View Profile
Reply #257 on: June 01, 2009, 05:48:43 PM
how did you get them on there in the first place? (windows media player or dragging them on like it's a flash drive)

Save the tatas..................................................................................................please?

Offline Shiki Tohno

• 直死の魔眼使い
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「その首…俺が貰い受ける」
    • View Profile
Reply #258 on: June 01, 2009, 06:52:39 PM
I had dealt with my computer virus but now it has infected my brother's MP3 player due to there being a certain folder that had been infected. I am planning to format the thing but I don't want to lose any of the the songs, do you where I can back it up?
Scan the damn thing with Avira, and do a thorough scan.

Offline Waifu

• Ultimate Despair
  • Master's Unit
  • Kanako, the Moriya Shrine Goddess
    • View Profile
Reply #259 on: June 04, 2009, 03:11:20 AM
Does any ne know how to retrieve old links and favorites from MSN? I had mine along time ago but I couldn't find it when I rerinstalled and upgraded it. Can you help me?

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #260 on: June 06, 2009, 09:46:45 PM
How do I convert a MKV into a DVD without losing the subtitles? (Im using AVS Video converter)

Offline Shiki Tohno

• 直死の魔眼使い
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「その首…俺が貰い受ける」
    • View Profile
Reply #261 on: June 07, 2009, 03:43:49 AM
No simple way to do that. You need to strip the subtitles first into a separate file, and then convert the video, and then paste the subtitles on and create a hardsub version.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #262 on: June 07, 2009, 06:26:00 AM
ouch.

Offline Sky Child

• urine jokes
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #263 on: June 07, 2009, 09:58:32 AM
WHY DO GET 400 ERRORS NINTEY PERCENT OF THE TIME WHEN I'M TRYING TO USE YOUTUBE ON EVERY BROWSER EXCEPT FOR SAFARI

FIREFOX AND FLOCK ARE BOTH [parasitic bomb]

Offline Rockmon

• RPM Irregular
    • View Profile
Reply #264 on: June 07, 2009, 06:03:51 PM
let me guess, the whole goddamn browser just disappears in the middle of a video and gives you some bullshit about error reporting?

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #265 on: June 18, 2009, 12:58:41 AM
I need to install .Net Framework 3.5, but when it's installing it always gives me an error and never finishes. Any help here?

And just in case, no, I don't think my version of Windows XP is original >_>

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Shiki Tohno

• 直死の魔眼使い
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「その首…俺が貰い受ける」
    • View Profile
Reply #266 on: June 18, 2009, 06:14:51 PM
Can you give me the install error code? I haven't really done any deep troubleshooting with .net 3.5, but all the .net installers have almost the exact same error codes, and I had to deal with a few of them on 2.0, so I might be able to help you.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #267 on: June 19, 2009, 12:36:57 AM

The only thing I can give you =/

Offline Shiki Tohno

• 直死の魔眼使い
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「その首…俺が貰い受ける」
    • View Profile
Reply #268 on: June 19, 2009, 04:10:30 AM
Photobucket resizes big images. Upload to Tinypic or Imageshack so I can see clearly, I can barely read what's in there.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #269 on: June 19, 2009, 06:21:20 AM
Uh, first a bigger problem. If I try to open Firefox everything just freezes and it takes a LONG time to close. No idea what's happening since it was perfectly fine in the morning =/

Oh well, I'll use IE/Chrome meanwhile.

Posted on: June 18, 2009, 10:20:23 PM
Is this better?
http://i42.tinypic.com/33atjya.jpg

Offline Kirby Pink

• Joker
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • "I play a card."
    • View Profile
    • Sprite Album
Reply #270 on: July 03, 2009, 06:00:22 PM
Okay here is a odd problem.

I can be surfing the internet and the browsers internet can just up and stop working. It can't connect to any new sites or anything. However starting a online game is fine, connects and have no lag at all.

But the browser won't work at all. FireFox and Internet Explorer doesn´t matter which i use.

There is nothing i can see in the network settings that can be causing this issue. There is two Vista computers and one WinXp computer connected to the network. The Windows Xp never have any problem, only Vista ones seems to have this issue. I connected a brand new laptop to it and it got the same problem.

I even got a new router and still same issue.

So what is causing this?

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #271 on: July 03, 2009, 08:36:58 PM
It could be the reigon or the amount of KB usage, I had this problem too, (turning on and off, randomly) but it was resolved by less KB usage.

I figured this out when playing Cave Story~

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Kirby Pink

• Joker
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • "I play a card."
    • View Profile
    • Sprite Album
Reply #272 on: July 03, 2009, 09:37:11 PM
It could be the reigon or the amount of KB usage, I had this problem too, (turning on and off, randomly) but it was resolved by less KB usage.

I figured this out when playing Cave Story~
How do i check that then?

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #273 on: July 03, 2009, 09:40:52 PM
I need to install .Net Framework 3.5, but when it's installing it always gives me an error and never finishes. Any help here?

And just in case, no, I don't think my version of Windows XP is original >_>
Uh, first a bigger problem. If I try to open Firefox everything just freezes and it takes a LONG time to close. No idea what's happening since it was perfectly fine in the morning =/

Oh well, I'll use IE/Chrome meanwhile.

Posted on: June 18, 2009, 10:20:23 PM
Is this better?
http://i42.tinypic.com/33atjya.jpg

I still need this >.>

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #274 on: July 03, 2009, 10:22:08 PM
How do i check that then?

You might want to perform a scan check for data consumption, for how much data is being used up on your hardware first, then check internet connections for problems after.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.