You going senile?

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #226 on: May 28, 2009, 11:46:34 AM
I've always used Firefox for testing my animated gifs. Always.
Proof is that some of them, like the Power Quest, Star Tropics and Protoman gifs in my topic would be too slow on the other browsers.

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #227 on: May 28, 2009, 12:59:42 PM
S'back on page 3.

You going senile?
got something against it?

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Tickle Buffalo

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #228 on: May 28, 2009, 02:23:02 PM
Yes.

Senility always used to bully me in school.

I'm never going to forgive it.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #229 on: May 28, 2009, 03:47:48 PM
Whether or not it was already discussed, this is still a Computer Problem & Discussion thread. There's nothing wrong with restated info especially if someone wants to know it all.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #230 on: May 28, 2009, 11:19:31 PM
Yes.

Senility always used to bully me in school.

I'm never going to forgive it.
Well its not kind to me either... D: I repeat myself alot...

anyway,
Well its not kind to me either... D: I repeat myself alot...

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Waifu

• Ultimate Despair
  • Master's Unit
  • Kanako, the Moriya Shrine Goddess
    • View Profile
Reply #231 on: May 29, 2009, 08:57:09 AM
Going back to my previous question, does anyone know of actual free antiviurs that will allow me to get rid of malware like "Antivirus XP Pro"? Iy has infected my computer and if wasn't for the fact that I could reinstall XP on my computer, I would have lost my PC! Does anyone know of a [tornado fang]ing antivirus that will catch "Antivirus XP" so that I would not be able to get that [tornado fang] screen again?! I am sorry to say that but still that is how I feel and  I AM NOT TAKING CHANCES this time, I tried Spyware Doctor but it requires me to pay and I don't know any other program that is that effective against this!   ;^;  >BD  :W

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #232 on: May 29, 2009, 08:59:13 AM
Avira, says Shiki.

Offline Rockmon

• RPM Irregular
    • View Profile
Reply #233 on: May 29, 2009, 09:24:19 AM
Does anybody know of a good .MKV player for mac that isn't VLC or mplayer, and doesn't require me to compile a goddamn sourcecode?

Save the tatas..................................................................................................please?

Offline Shiki Tohno

• 直死の魔眼使い
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「その首…俺が貰い受ける」
    • View Profile
Reply #234 on: May 29, 2009, 04:10:44 PM
Going back to my previous question, does anyone know of actual free antiviurs that will allow me to get rid of malware like "Antivirus XP Pro"? Iy has infected my computer and if wasn't for the fact that I could reinstall XP on my computer, I would have lost my PC! Does anyone know of a [tornado fang]ing antivirus that will catch "Antivirus XP" so that I would not be able to get that [tornado fang] screen again?! I am sorry to say that but still that is how I feel and  I AM NOT TAKING CHANCES this time, I tried Spyware Doctor but it requires me to pay and I don't know any other program that is that effective against this!   ;^;  >BD  :W
Get both Avira Antivir and Spybot: Search and Destroy, and run them both in Safe Mode.

Your fault for downloading [parasitic bomb] without knowing what it is and browsing using Internet Explorer, and letting EVERYONE in the house use the computer as Administrators. Under the proper security conditions, that piece of shitware wouldn't even be able to get near your system, and unfortunately for you, it falls within the responsibility limits of the users to make sure their security is up to scratch.

Offline Saber

• King of Knights
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「Archetype Hero」
    • View Profile
Reply #235 on: May 30, 2009, 01:29:17 AM
For a few weeks now I have been experiencing some trouble when it comes to playing video files (.flv) which I ripped from YouTube and the likes using FlashGot. Ever since a certain point several days ago, none of my players is capable of initiating playback anymore when I try to run the video. At first I thought it was a problem with FlashGot itself, if it might not be able to rip properly anymore. But I tested both the latest version and some older versions of it and the problem remains. All files of that format I downloaded prior to that moment still work however.

Offline Rockmon

• RPM Irregular
    • View Profile
Reply #236 on: May 30, 2009, 02:44:42 AM
what player are you using?

Save the tatas..................................................................................................please?

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Magic Everywhere In This Bitch
  • Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
Reply #237 on: May 30, 2009, 08:00:18 AM
So, my computer when I came back to it was on a black screen with the words "Operating System Not Found", which is bullshit because here I am. Its also been freezing every few hours while it makes a sound that sounds like its looking for a floppy disk, except I have none in the drive.

My hard drive is about to fail, isn't it?

Offline Rockmon

• RPM Irregular
    • View Profile
Reply #238 on: May 30, 2009, 08:27:02 AM
do any of these sound familiar?

Offline Saber

• King of Knights
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「Archetype Hero」
    • View Profile
Reply #239 on: May 30, 2009, 12:08:40 PM
what player are you using?

Media Player Classic. However, once those problems started I tested some other players (WMP, Zoom) but nothing changed. And as I said, .flv files I downloaded before these problems began still work.

Offline Shiki Tohno

• 直死の魔眼使い
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「その首…俺が貰い受ける」
    • View Profile
Reply #240 on: May 30, 2009, 01:09:20 PM
Saber> Have you done any installations recently of any codecs or something of the sort? Something recently installed might have screwed up your file and codec associations. Let me know.

Gotham> I'm very afraid so.

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
Reply #241 on: May 30, 2009, 02:07:21 PM
Rockmon: Its a combination. Its Head Damage 1's clicking at Head Damage 3's speed.

DZ/Shiki: Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

Offline Rockmon

• RPM Irregular
    • View Profile
Reply #242 on: May 30, 2009, 07:21:50 PM
Gotham> BACK UP YOUR [parasitic bomb] NAO!

Saber> Use VLC, it has all the codecs built in.

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
Reply #243 on: May 30, 2009, 07:58:26 PM
Nothing I can do about it then, eh? :\ Its gonna inevitably go ffffffff

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #244 on: May 30, 2009, 09:57:09 PM
Its gonna go to that big hardware place in they sky.

Offline Shiki Tohno

• 直死の魔眼使い
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「その首…俺が貰い受ける」
    • View Profile
Reply #245 on: May 30, 2009, 10:46:54 PM
If you have one or have a friend who can lend you one, it's preferable you get an external drive big enough to hold up all your important data and back that up NOW. According to your description, the drive's VERY close to physical failure.

Offline STM

• says you shouldn't play with your
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #246 on: May 31, 2009, 03:09:21 AM
He's been backing his stuff up on flash drives he has, considering he's reformatted this computer about ten times recently just to get it to run Windows 98SE.

Offline Saber

• King of Knights
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「Archetype Hero」
    • View Profile
Reply #247 on: May 31, 2009, 04:11:03 PM
Saber> Have you done any installations recently of any codecs or something of the sort? Something recently installed might have screwed up your file and codec associations. Let me know.

Not that I would be aware of it. As a matter of fact, the ONLY codec pack I ever installed on this notebook (at least to my knowledge) was the CCCP on the very evening I got this laptop (Christmas Eve last year). I wouldn't know of anything else that I could have installed. And like I said, stuff that I previously downloaded from YouTube and other Flash related sites are still working perfectly, it's just the stuff that I want to download now that does not work. I completely removed the FlashGot plugin I have for Firefox and then reinstalled an older version of it to see if perhaps the malfunctioning might have been caused by an update or anything, but the situation remains the same.

Offline Sniper X

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #248 on: May 31, 2009, 04:20:15 PM
Try uninstalling both, restarting, and then reinstalling. And make sure you're installing the latest versions.
Oh my [tornado fang]ing god, its been for like a month already and it doesn't work. I can't see the youtube videos in this site. -AC  Ok, uninstall both of them. Restarting. I downloaded the latest versions, Java: Version 6 Update 13 and Adobe Flash Player: Version 10.0.22.87. What's next?

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #249 on: May 31, 2009, 04:24:00 PM
Not that I would be aware of it. As a matter of fact, the ONLY codec pack I ever installed on this notebook (at least to my knowledge) was the CCCP on the very evening I got this laptop (Christmas Eve last year). I wouldn't know of anything else that I could have installed. And like I said, stuff that I previously downloaded from YouTube and other Flash related sites are still working perfectly, it's just the stuff that I want to download now that does not work. I completely removed the FlashGot plugin I have for Firefox and then reinstalled an older version of it to see if perhaps the malfunctioning might have been caused by an update or anything, but the situation remains the same.
Wait, you're using the MPC that's packed with CCCP?

I have similar problems with that specific player, so I just went and download another MPC.
The videos will work on the new MPC, ver 6.4.9.1.

I'm watching you all. Always watching.