Rabid Golf Cart · 2244

Offline Rabid Golf Cart

• Formerly known as Tsuyoshi
  • RPM Explosive Guy
  • Excellent!
    • View Profile
    • It might be tumblin'
on: March 02, 2009, 07:09:17 AM
Alright, so I found myself one of these, well rather the motherboard of one.
I found it in a grab box at school along with some other components I could use to get it up and running. My problem is that I don't have a compatible power supply, and looking around the internet I realized that I have near zero chance of ever getting one. Although I was thinking I might be able to reverse engineer one of my other old piece of [parasitic bomb] power supplies to connect to it if I could figure out what the pins where on the damn connectors.
Anyone know where I could find a compatible power supply or a manual for the board?

I was going to get it all set up and loaded with DOS or Win 3.1 so I can play some of the DOS games I have laying around.

I've already done some slight modifications, like connecting a mini-DIM slot to the DIM slot already soldered to the board because I'm too cheap to get a converter.

Here's a picture of the mobo:

The tower at the back is my backup incase I can't get the Yang an ya working:

Here's a fuzzy closeup of the power connector:

Offline Rockmon

• RPM Irregular
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: March 09, 2009, 06:45:56 AM
ehh... you could get a PS at a goodwill or someplace like that. but, it'd be far easier to get a pc emulator running and then run free dos within that.

Save the tatas..................................................................................................please?

Offline Nekomata

• The Adorable
  • RPM Goddess
  • The Devil in The Poisoned Tuxedo
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: March 09, 2009, 06:42:04 PM
yeah, we got the tower running.

Offline Rad Lionheart

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #3 on: March 10, 2009, 12:11:36 AM
You can just use Dos-box to play Dos games y'know.
But I'm sorry I can't help with the computer tech stuff.
Technology hates me.

Offline Rockmon

• RPM Irregular
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: March 10, 2009, 12:37:16 AM
if only FSP was on more often. he'd know what to do.

Save the tatas..................................................................................................please?

Offline Rabid Golf Cart

• Formerly known as Tsuyoshi
  • RPM Explosive Guy
  • Excellent!
    • View Profile
    • It might be tumblin'
Reply #5 on: March 10, 2009, 12:44:19 AM
The point is to play old piece of [parasitic bomb] games on an old piece of [parasitic bomb] computer, not to play old piece of [parasitic bomb] games on a new sleek computer. Anyways, someone asked me to do it.

No matter, for I have a fully working old piece of [parasitic bomb] computer sitting beside the freezer in the garage. I'll just plug the HDD I've currently got running DOS into it and I'll be good to go.

Now for my next project:
I want to get an not too old old piece of [parasitic bomb] portable or miniature computer, load it with the latest version of DOS, load that with Windows 3.12 and a bunch of fancy drivers, connect some SD card readers to it and a portable FDD as well as a mini keyboard, a chopped up gamepad, a 3"-4" colour LCD screen, STEREO speakers, a thumbstick (for mouse support) and a rechargable Li-ion battery.

The only problem is I have none of those parts (except maybe the speakers and the software) and I have no idea where I could get some of the hardware.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Offline Rockmon

• RPM Irregular
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: March 10, 2009, 02:01:26 AM
it'd be a pain in the ass, but you might be able to emulate a PC on a really powerful microcontroller.