Anyone else got a heart attack when Dracula

[spoiler]STARTED WALKING AROUND HOLY [parasitic bomb].[/spoiler]

Offline Flok

• Passionate Gamer
  • B-Class Hunter
  • Killsringman
    • View Profile
Reply #101 on: December 16, 2008, 06:21:23 PM
Yeah, that was a pretty what the [tornado fang] moment.

Also, [spoiler]Maneater going down in 10 seconds.[/spoiler]

Also, [spoiler]Wallman technically going down in like 5 seconds.[/spoiler]

Flok's favorites:

Offline Ephidiel

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #102 on: December 16, 2008, 06:43:22 PM
Death Ring is cheap
No Boss takes longer than 20seconds with it equipped. Except Eligor if you can't fly.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #103 on: December 16, 2008, 06:46:23 PM
Death Ring is cheap

2 Death rings are cheaper.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #104 on: December 16, 2008, 08:46:27 PM
20 seconds? with max attributes and the right equipment, every boss except Dracula and Brachyura dies in 1 hit. speedrunning the game NG+ is such a different experience because of that. almost boring, actually.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #105 on: December 18, 2008, 12:26:27 AM
Yeah so I bought Order of Ecclesia today and I am forcibly keeping myself from experiencing it until Christmas day... Is this a stupid move? XD

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #106 on: December 18, 2008, 12:43:04 AM
Early or later, you will love it anyway. ^^

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Da Dood

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Dood Trigger!
    • View Profile
Reply #107 on: December 20, 2008, 02:29:55 PM
I got Order of Ecclesia, and it's neat. Takes a good while to pick up, but it's nice ol' Castlevania all around.

So far it doesn't even touch Symphony or Aria in my book, though. :D

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #108 on: December 20, 2008, 09:25:07 PM
3 months to go...
seriously what the [tornado fang]
i feel vaguely insulted

Offline Flok

• Passionate Gamer
  • B-Class Hunter
  • Killsringman
    • View Profile
Reply #109 on: December 21, 2008, 02:34:57 AM
[spoiler]I beat Albus Mode LVL 50 Cap mode today. Yeah, I don't give a crap for LVL 1 Cap mode. Albus Mode was pretty neat though, especially when I learned to use the touching teleport well. His yellow ice attack was pointless though, and during the course of the game, his normal gunshots were getting less useful as well. Max Shot was great, but his absolute best attack is Optical Shot, obliterating everything. Oh and that fire kick? I never used it seriously.[/spoiler]

Flok's favorites:

Offline Da Dood

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Dood Trigger!
    • View Profile
Reply #110 on: December 21, 2008, 06:50:37 AM
Finished OoE! Final stats: Lv.31, all villagers, 92.90% map completion in 7:59:17.

Liked it a lot, although some of the things that annoy me about Metroidvania are still there, like the infamous You Better Level Up Or Else. I think endurance is tolerable when it pays off, like mastering Nelo3 on Devil May Cry, because you definitely earn your skill. But in these Castlevania games you get the hang of the enemy in 40 seconds and the fight lasts foreeeeever...

Instant Glyph switch kicked ass, so did stealing moves from enemies in real time. The new map structure is something I'll have to get used to, probably because I didn't find those outdoor areas all that interesting to explore. I liked the Majora approach to side-quests with the book o' people.

Graphics were a step forward after the animesquerade step back. Music was good as expected, but I haven't stumbled upon anything that forced me to stop playing and scream HOLY-- (like PoR's The Gears Go Freakin' Awry).

Symphony and Aria are clearly superior in my book, with better pacing and more interesting powers. Still, it's great. owo

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #111 on: January 01, 2009, 12:52:57 AM
i've played quite a bit of Judgment so far. here are my initial impressions. i'll pass judgment on Judgment, if you will.

*crowd boos*

in short, it's a very basic game. it offers little to make it stand out, other than the Castlevania setting. anything it does has pretty much been done before. even movesets are kinda small. the only standout feature is the soundtrack, which is freakin awesome. so many good remixes in there. and even some surprises, like Mad Forest and Tower of Dolls.

does that make it bad? i don't think so. so what it doesn't have any bells and whistles? what it does have is done well. despite small movesets, many moves can be chained into each other, showing some sort of depth for the hardcore. yet it's somewhat friendly enough to buttonmashers. many reviewers have been complaining about the camera. me, i've never had a problem with it. it never got in the way. the controls are fine too. Classic/Gamecube controller, anyway. i haven't tried the Wiimote/Nunchuk combination cause i know better. only complaint i've had with the mechanics so far is i sometimes autoaim on a candle i don't want to. subweapons feel unnecessary, anyway. it is a little tedious to have to play through story mode 27 times to get the full story, but i can deal with it.

14 characters is a decent roster. and at least the only candidates of cloning are Simon and Trevor. but even they only share a few moves. the characters are mostly balanced. i say mostly because Dracula is very different from any other fighting character. he's incredibly strong, and can take a lot of damage. and his next to no speed doesn't hurt him at all. in the right hands, he's broken. Maria has a lot of cheap moves too. everyone else has enough drawbacks to compliment their strengths. and every super move is done well.

i've only been playing the story mode, because you're doing the same thing in every mode: fighting. story just offers some character of the characters. are some better than others? yes. Simon is a total dick. and Aeon saying "time" in every sentence is incredibly annoying. thankfully, those are the only flags raised. Eric is a brat, but i don't really mind. it works.

i really like the character designs. are they a little outlandish? perhaps. but something about them just feels appropriate. i can't complain about any of the costumes. not even Grant. in fact, quite the opposite. i love the way Grant looks. his manner of speech and backstory are also great. he's a good character to play as too. he's one of the people i'd be using a lot. others are Shanoa, Trevor, and Carmilla. i think the dub is good, too.

i think the game ain't too bad. for Castlevania fans, it's a good bit of fanservice. for the hardcore fighting crowd, you're going to have to dig to find something enjoyable. everyone else, i say give it a shot. but this is not worth $50. wait for a price drop.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #112 on: January 07, 2009, 07:45:51 PM
Famitsu gives this game a...6/6/6/6
http://img121.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=14972_viploader897348_122_593lo.jpg

THAT had to be on purpose XD

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline BigManW

• Net Navi
  • Good versus evil has never been so stylish.
    • View Profile
Reply #113 on: January 08, 2009, 04:52:58 AM
Just finished Order Of Ecclesia last night.  Pretty good, but I think I liked Portrait better. (and Dawn and Aria have a better system for acquiring different powers imo)  Music is still good but not quite as memorable as Dawn and Portrait. (Giant's Dwelling reminded me of a better Circle of the Moon tune, which was awesome)  Oh also?  Albus mode kinda sucks.  I mean yeah he's powerful, but the fact that you are planted to the ground whenever you use your basic shot(which is most of the time!)is pretty annoying, and makes him feel a little sluggish in contrast to other Castlevania characters.  I'm having to jump all over the place whenever I want to shoot enemies, otherwise I end up standing still, shooting, moving, standing still, shooting, and then moving again.  Not very fluid, like Shanoa is.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #114 on: January 08, 2009, 05:02:00 AM
Oh [tornado fang], this thread reminds me that I still haven't gotten to order of Ecclesia yet. I have to get myself a DS soon. XD

Offline VixyNyan

• RPM Ecchi Princess
    • View Profile
Reply #115 on: January 08, 2009, 07:45:48 PM
I have to get myself a DS soon. XD

....?

*looks in the member profile*

... it says "Jericho".

... wait WAT?! >v<''

(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #116 on: January 08, 2009, 07:57:25 PM
....?

*looks in the member profile*

... it says "Jericho".

... wait WAT?! >v<''

The DS I use isn't mine, it's my brother's... Spoiled brat won't even let me near it. So I'll just 1-up him when I get a DSi and play Castlevania when he's away at school (i.e. now). XD

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #117 on: January 08, 2009, 10:39:01 PM
i was playing Castle mode in Judgment not too long ago. i don't like it. the missions you have to do are boring. and 85% of the time, you're not fighting other people. instead, it's mostly zombies and mermen. i could maybe stomach beating it once, but definitely not with every character. when you beat Castle mode, you get the character art and background song of the character you used. the reward isn't worth it. i'd rather stick to Arcade.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #118 on: January 08, 2009, 10:46:36 PM
Yeah, I have to agree with you there. I like the game, but Castle mode could've been so much better (in all honesty, the same could be said for the rest of the game except the music). However, if one wants to collect all accesories it has to be done.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #119 on: January 08, 2009, 11:14:47 PM
then again, the artworks are all over the internet, and the soundtrack is coming out next week, i believe. so there's no real need.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #120 on: January 08, 2009, 11:52:56 PM
Accesories, the ones the characters wear, not the art and music. Getting that fairy that sits on Carmilla's breasts should make her Castle mode worth it XD

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #121 on: January 09, 2009, 12:58:11 AM
oh those. i don't care about them at all. though my friend has Cornell with the dog nose, and Trevor with the heart eyepatch, which covers his free eye. funny, but completely unnecessary.

Offline VixyNyan

• RPM Ecchi Princess
    • View Profile
Reply #122 on: February 18, 2009, 11:57:41 PM
http://www.konami.jp/products/dracula_ac/index.html

With a Wii Remote-style control, this Castlevania will remind you of:
House of the Dead, Virtua Cop, Time Crisis, Gun Survivor and other lightgun games. ^^

You use this arcade controller as a whip to smack Dracula's minions with.
And there's a Promo Video you can watch on the site too. ^^

There are 2 different Character Modes (with different attacks): Vampire Hunter and Lady Gunner.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2009, 09:31:55 PM by Vixy »

(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #123 on: February 19, 2009, 12:53:17 AM
god dammit its been released since a while back but apparently i ordered it together with something that doesn't even have a release date so they won't send it to me

Offline Emiri Landeel

• M i s s i n g   i n   a c t i o n
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Put your faith in me and I'll show ya.
    • View Profile
Reply #124 on: June 02, 2009, 05:28:42 AM
« Last Edit: September 02, 2009, 11:31:44 PM by Acid »