Who of you plays Yu-gi-oh? Doesn´t matter if play it in Real Life or on a medium

Thanatos-Zero · 19402

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Seeing as how my deck at the time focused on bringing out three Blue Eyes almost immediately for an instant sweep

LoL, I'm use to seeing Blue Eyes on the field! 

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Eh, the best way to ass-[twin slasher] somebody with a Dragon is with Decoy Dragon.  Man, my brother hated that card. 8)

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
You know, ritual monster cards makes rarely for you card advantage, only Demise, king of the judgement day, is really worth to be played, since he cleans the entire field except himself by summening him. If you want to play the Magican of black Chaos, why not the Dark Magican of Chaos? He has a really good effect. Besides you can pick up a Magic Card from the graveyard after sucessful summening, he removes destroyed monsters by himself from play. The only disadvantage is that he removes himself from play after he gots destroyed. But that makes him useable in Shift Decks.
I dont mean to actually play him,... (well, I DID, but ive retired my spellcaster deck since it sucked and I suck at building decks.)
I just want to hold it in my hannnnds. seriously. hes my favorite monster in the whole game.
CHAOS SCEPTER BLAST!
or something like that.
actually, funfact, my D&D character is a MBC lookalike/ripoff.

I have like 3 or 4 of him and the Ritual Card.   8D

I hate you. T^T

Posted on: February 15, 2009, 11:55:10 PM
Wasn't he in one of the old Starter Decks?  I'm not sure but I think I have him.
he was in one of the Japanese structure decks. like, the first ones. it was the first jap. Yugi Structure deck I believe. he was the cover card.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Over 800 posts and you still take Sub Tank seriously?

well over 800, considering the two crashes. it's probably more like 8000. safe to say i know better.

i was just putting it out there. i wouldn't be surprised if they were still making YuGiOh games on GBA.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
no, they do the DS and PSP now. and soon the Wii with 5D's.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
well over 800, considering the two crashes. it's probably more like 8000.
That goes for many of us.  Can't measure beyond the last crash.  >.>

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Rad Lionheart

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
I still have all my YGO cards.
Not sure if I have my deck made up, it's kinda incomplete.
I was trying to build a deck for Dark Paladin.
Kinda missing a few key cards that would help.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
What cards are you missing?

Offline STM

• says you shouldn't play with your
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Fill me in if my strategy is banned now:

Get a Lord of Dragons out on the field quickly (one of three), guard him somehow for one turn, then on the next turn, play two flute of summonings and break out three Blue Eyes and a Platinum Dragon #2. Provide necessary defense traps and magic should the opponent expect such a quick play. On a good game, the Platinum Dragon will shoot down their only monster, with the three blue eyes immediately going for a sweeping kill.

It'd be nice if it still work, but I remember seeing something about the whole game being "rebalanced" in that there's different rules and [parasitic bomb] to not only prevent this, but that are exploitable to make other cards badass.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Nope, that strategy still works.  However, it's still a risky strategy, as it relies on a lot of Cards to make it work.  Cards that can't be searched for anyway, unless they made cards that can.

Offline Saber

• King of Knights
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「Archetype Hero」
    • View Profile
Get a Lord of Dragons out on the field quickly (one of three), guard him somehow for one turn, then on the next turn, play two flute of summonings and break out three Blue Eyes and a Platinum Dragon #2. Provide necessary defense traps and magic should the opponent expect such a quick play. On a good game, the Platinum Dragon will shoot down their only monster, with the three blue eyes immediately going for a sweeping kill.

That's so retro it hurts.

---

I used to play the game but I quit a few years ago due to several aspects. First and foremostly, it was getting too expensive. Getting an up to date deck nowadays can be quite expensive and the prices for cards are fluctuating all the time. I recall how a 1st Edition Dark Crisis Vampire Lord used to be a good hundred bucks worth but nowadays it's not even a fifth of that anymore. The other factor was that I didn't really have the people to play it with. There's a store in my town which sells TCGs and has playrooms for it, but most of these people were either cocky bastards who wouldn't stop boast with their awesome collections or would shuffle their hand cards nonstop while it was your turn, the other players were just kids who didn't even know about the banned list.

Nowadays I only play it as a videogame, primarily the Tag Force series, though it still pains me sometimes that I stopped playing the actual game since there's a huge difference between holding a handheld game console or actual cards in your hands. If I actually had someone to, I'd probably would also play it online via YGO Virtual Desktop.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Damn, and here I thought I was hot [parasitic bomb] back in the day with my divine love for the Spellcasters in the game. XD

I'm sad that they went and banned a bunch of cards from my favorite booster (Invasion of Chaos) later on though, [parasitic bomb] was awesome when you could completely sweep someone in one full turn with the Chaos Emperor Dragon, Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning & (my personal favorite) the Dark Magician of Chaos. XD

Meanwhile strategies you say? Here's a simple one. Dedication Through Light & Darkness >>> Dark Magician of Chaos Special Summon + Diffusion Wave Motion. Provided I was flexible enoughto adapt for the situation this one was complete and total [twin slasher] for people I played against at the time, who strangely enough never bothered with monsters over the Black Magician's ATK power. It was great whenever I got those three set up correctly. Every monster just became banned one after the other.

Then here's a fun one, what's everyone's three favorite booster pack releases? Mine are Invasion of Chaos (reasons are above), Magician's Force (Dark Paladin & Magician Girl? SOLD!) & Metal Raiders (Mirror Force for life). XD

And now this thread makes me want to get one of the newer games for some online bouts. -u-'

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
LoL, BLS was so [tornado fang]ing ridiculous.  But yeah, I do miss the Dark Magician of Chaos as well.  That was a fun deck.  Not as fast or powerful as my Dark Paladin/Last Warrior Deck, but fun nonetheless!  XD

Offline Rad Lionheart

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
What cards are you missing?

Only cards I can think off the top of my head that I'm missing are Skilled Dark Magician or Skilled White Magician (Can't remember which one I have.) and MOAR DARK MAGICIAN GURL. I only have one.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
I had a friend that made a "banned deck" it was a deck full of banned cards. it also included about 3 fiber jars. XD

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Only cards I can think off the top of my head that I'm missing are Skilled Dark Magician or Skilled White Magician (Can't remember which one I have.) and MOAR DARK MAGICIAN GURL. I only have one.

Skilled White Magicians are not needed in a Dark Paladin deck.  Their ability relies too much on having a whole bunch of quick Magic Cards in your hand.  Skilled Dark Magicians definitely go in for a good 1900 attack monster, and then you can maybe have their ability as an extra bonus.  Besides, the Emblem of Dragon Destroyer gets you your Buster Blader much MUCH quicker.

Dark Magician Girls do NOT go in a Dark Paladin deck.  Ever.  They go in a strictly Dark Magician deck, possibly.

Offline Rad Lionheart

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Well I play by my rules, most of my deck is probably on the restricted or at least limited list, I stopped checking it out after a while, y'know, since I haven't played since 2005. XD

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Dark Magician Girl <3

Offline Rad Lionheart

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Yes, Dark Magici--holy crap bewbies! o.o

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Well I play by my rules, most of my deck is probably on the restricted or at least limited list

Okay, I'm kinda curious.  What cards do you actually have in your Dark Paladin deck?

Offline Rad Lionheart

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
I don't know, I really don't know.
I haven't seen a YGO card since 2006. XD

Oh, I know one of my favourites I have, Breaker the magical warrior.

I have a story to tell.

In all the 100+ booster packs I've bought.
Only 1 has had a super rare card.
and less than 1/30 of them, have been ultra rare.

I seriously have bad luck with booster packs. D:

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Magic Everywhere In This Bitch
  • Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
One, that picture is freakin' saved.

Two, eh. Yu-Gi-Oh. I was into for awhile like.. 4 years after everyone else. It was fun for what it was, but it was also expensive as hell and the tournament rules just got dumb. Banning this that and the other everytime something new comes out. Its like why even make them at all.

Offline Rad Lionheart

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Well the limited / restricted is just for tournaments, you don't have to play by those rules when you play against friends.

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Magic Everywhere In This Bitch
  • Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
The problem is I don't have any friends :P That play Yu-Gi-Oh that is. The two I did play with were in high school.. One enlisted and the other I never talk to. It was fun though. I'd played a dick defense and drained life points. It needed refining but it was an even match for my friends and it was great.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
I don't know, I really don't know.
I haven't seen a YGO card since 2006. XD

Oh, I know one of my favourites I have, Breaker the magical warrior.

I have a story to tell.

In all the 100+ booster packs I've bought.
Only 1 has had a super rare card.
and less than 1/30 of them, have been ultra rare.

I seriously have bad luck with booster packs. D:

Hey, sounds just like me.

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.