Reply #675 on: October 19, 2012, 05:02:36 PM
Yea but that means it's OK to entertain thoughts of [tornado fang]ing her

You lost me.

Offline Joseph Collins

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #676 on: October 19, 2012, 11:05:27 PM
Yea but that means it's OK to entertain thoughts of [tornado fang]ing her
...  XD  Though technically, since Roll is an ageless robot to begin with... ... ...  OkaynowI'vesaidtoomuchsorry.
So? Why are people such pussies these days? Nobody can take any negativity anymore.
It's a curious thing.  2012 seems to be the year where people are trying to crack down on "cyberbullying" because, apparently, people kill themselves because they get into arguments with people over the Internet.  I have very strong opinions about this, but I'll save them for a more appropriate topic, should one come up.  However, I will say that I think anyone who has such a live-or-die connection to anyone on the Internet probably shouldn't spend so much time online.  I'm a pretty good example as to why not.  XP

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #677 on: October 19, 2012, 11:55:16 PM
I do think that it's stupid that people are so hung up on cyber bullying and take it so seriously when you can block or ignore the person doing the bullying or quite simply not go to the place where you are bullied for a month or 2, so long at they don't have your e-mail address or something.  And even if it is by email you can just block that or delete it, problem solved.

However in this case I just find it absolutely deplorable that an entire professional news team would stoop so low as to, not only post pictures of cosplayers on their site and find it a bit weird, like most people not really into the hard core fandom, but also out right ridicule them for showing their love for something that they love for many many years.  Granted those attacked my have over reacted just a bit, a news team should have the tact to not to actually post something that offensive on their news site against a group of people who aren't doing anything to hurt anyone.  The fact that the person who started this was a Starwars fan makes it worse because the person thinks that he is better than his own kind because they go to the "extremes" and he finds that disgusting.

Cyber bullying one person is just pathetic and I feel sorry for those who take it so seriously and don't have the will not to let it get to them.  But when you attack an entire huge group of eccentric nerds who show their love in a very different way than most, even the children, than I say that's as bad if not worse than racism.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #678 on: October 20, 2012, 01:17:59 AM
Someone tried cyberbullying me once.

Problem was I knew them in person and they are, quite literally, the least intimidating person ever. XD

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Ladd Spencer

• Neo Arcadian
  • Blow up! We want to blow up this area.
    • View Profile
Reply #679 on: October 20, 2012, 06:25:41 AM
You lost me.
She's older, possibly even old enough legally, so it's more appropriate.

@ cyber bullying suicide:
What the [tornado fang] is wrong with people? Why kill yourself? That guy that Batmanned at Batman was waaaaay cooler than Amanda Todd.

FEELS  ;^;Which has the massive scrotums?

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #680 on: October 20, 2012, 06:29:39 AM
She's older, possibly even old enough legally, so it's more appropriate.

@ cyber bullying suicide:
What the [tornado fang] is wrong with people? Why kill yourself? That guy that Batmanned at Batman was waaaaay cooler than Amanda Todd.

No I mean why would you... oh nevermind.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #681 on: October 20, 2012, 06:51:30 AM
I haven't been cyberbullied, and if I have, it was years ago when the Internet was still navigated via command line and "Hot or Not" was considered new.  It was also during a time when the term "cyberbully" hadn't been invented or used.  And any recent cyberbullying attempts were conducted by trolls on Wookieepedia, and I usually just ban them.  I've even range-banned them.  Their nonsense was then deleted and my final message to them was a bit on the snarky side, but still infuriatingly polite, just to hammer it home that I feel that they're not worth my time.  Nor are they on the same level of sentience.

Now, bullying in general is indeed a problem, and it can be devastating to its victims.  I was bullied all throughout school, both elementary and high school.  There was a bit of bullying in college, but my classmates and the faculty and I teamed up and took care of that quickly.  The most recent bullying I've dealt with was when I was living in Windsor, and a group of teenage boys were giving me trouble; to the point where I was involved in a vehicular assault (that's how I broke my foot).  Moving was the best solution for that.  Now, those boys are giving my brother's wife trouble.  We're waiting for them to give lip to the wrong person and have their faces caved in, or be shanked as a result.

The reason why people have taken their lives is because if the harassment is severe and persistent enough, it strips away your defenses and you run out of options to cope with it.  You're called "stupid" (or other nasty things) so often that you believe it, you have no support system whatsoever, your coping skills are meager and are not working, and no matter what you do, those idiots are there, tormenting you.  It eats away at you and your self-esteem.  You've run yourself ragged because your fight-or-flight reaction is constantly on.  You become paranoid, you wonder if anyone really, truly cares about you, because every single day, you see that people hate your guts, beat you up, take your things, and call you nasty names and spread horrible lies that everyone believes, and no matter how hard you try, you can't fix it.  Any attempts to stand up for yourself are met with immediate ridicule.  This goes on day in and day out, week after week, every month, every year.  The same damn thing over and over and over.

Finally, you can't take it anymore, and you snap.  Depending on how your brain is wired, you may act out aggressively, or you may hold it all inside.  If you bottle it up, it consumes you.  Eventually, you can't take the pain anymore and you simply want it to end.  No one has helped you, no one has come to your aid, no one has even tried to save you.  To you, no one gives two shits.  And that becomes the primary reason for attempting suicide: Because no one cares.

Offline Joseph Collins

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #682 on: October 20, 2012, 08:02:07 AM
I still say the best say to deal with bullies is to go Zangief Style on their dumb asses.  Though, not everyone can do that, so...

In all seriousness, you make a lot of good points in your post, Quickman.  Bullying -- real life, or in some cases cyber-bullying (apparently) -- can just tear you down to the core and leave you progressively more and more vulnerable.  But you know, the problem isn't the bullies.  The problem isn't necessarily the kids being bullied, either.  It the god damn parents, teachers, and adults who don't freaking listen to the kids being bullied.  If people were a little more attentive and took things a little more seriously once in a while, we wouldn't have kids blowing their god damn brains out over being harassed time and time again.

And of course, I also blame the Internet and rap music.  Because "it's cool to be a gangsta."

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #683 on: October 20, 2012, 08:33:50 AM
Parents are indeed a big problem.  Telling your kid to "just ignore them" doesn't work.  It never works.  Ever.  If your kid is coming to you in tears, begging to be sent to a different school, you had better damn well find out why.  And you had better damn well get the school involved and crack down on the problem, or send your kid to a different school.

Juvenile psychiatric wards aren't fun places, either.  But, many victims of bullying have ended up there, either from a direct suicide attempt or suicidal ideations.  And even after they graduate, the trauma will still affect them later in life.  All it takes is the wrong look and a slight from someone and that person is right back in high school, being stared down by their former enemies.  The memories don't go away; they just go dormant.

Granted, the bullies are the cause, but inattentive caregivers only perpetuate it by not stepping in.  If you want to crack down on bullying, you need to get involved.  And the first step to that would be to listen to the victim and then find ways to help them.  Even if you are their shoulder to cry on, or their ear to listen, that helps tremendously.

Offline Ladd Spencer

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #684 on: October 21, 2012, 03:26:45 AM
Bullying is not a new problem. You just have to handle it like in Karate Kid is all. Or God Bless America, though with slightly different context. The only reason I don't kill lots of people I dislike is because I would wind up dead somehow, some way. Now, if my life were truly forfeit, well... Then there'd be [parasitic bomb] to do.

Or Taxi Driver. That's a great example of using one's own life after having lost value in it.

I was bullied plenty in school. Spit on, kicked in the balls, all that fun stuff. Still remember the kids' names, if I ever wanted to find them. But I probably wouldn't, for sake of my own health. Forgiveness is the healthiest thing for a heart (literally and figuratively), and anger and grudges lead only to increased stress and a shorter heart lifespan. Now granted, if I was in the situation again, I would permanently maim the motherfuckers, most likely in the legs, followed by the hands, and ending with a sense or two. A bully with 2 less eyes learns his lesson, no?

I honestly believe the whole Columbine thing is fine; it's only when people victimize innocents that it isn't. But I suppose that's drastically different, as those kids' minds were supposedly so warped that they couldn't reasonably judge such things as innocence and guilt.

I dunno, the whole thing is a grey area, but it really all comes back to Karate Kid:
Beat their asses, and if they persist, beat them harder. If you're really worried about what they might do back at a later time, make sure they draw their last breath.

Or maybe forgiveness is the answer...

I'm not really sure. It has to be some balance of the two, I guess. It's as true that one can't be walked on all the time as it is that one can't be consumed by rage and hate.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #685 on: October 22, 2012, 04:16:29 AM
Bullying has indeed been around since the dawn of cliques and social castes.  And it will forever be around.  And I agree on the forgiveness aspect.  Living with a grudge will consume you just as quickly.  I've been out of high school for years.  I have no plans to attend any reunions, but I've moved passed those rotten years of my life.  I turned out to be a caring and supportive person, who wishes to take an active role in standing up for the little guy (or bug, mostly).  If others are facing similar incidents, I will offer them advice on what had worked for me in the past, and to find a support system.  Any support system.  Just something to remind yourself that you are not alone and that people do care.

I would say that I disagree with the violence aspect, but when I was in the thick of things... I would become aggressive.  I had no qualms with fighting back, even if my attackers were using only verbal assaults.  I had no problem with throwing a punch or two in response to a nasty name.  Granted, it didn't help my reputation any (I was the school psycho), but I wasn't a doormat, either.  I could stand up for myself and I had stood up for myself, and I've had detention and been kicked out of class for retaliating.  And when I was involved in that vehicular assault that ended with my foot being broken, I certainly didn't go down without a fight.  I took a swing at the driver.

But, if one can remove themselves from the situation, try that option first.  If one's back is against the wall... put up your dukes.  You're in for a fight.

Anywho, back to cosplays...

Offline Ladd Spencer

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #686 on: October 22, 2012, 07:33:10 AM
And when I was involved in that vehicular assault that ended with my foot being broken, I certainly didn't go down without a fight.  I took a swing at the driver.
You could put someone they love in a trunk and have them crush it at a monster truck show. I forget what movie I saw that in. It was awesome, though.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #687 on: November 01, 2012, 09:55:10 AM

Rufio!

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #688 on: November 01, 2012, 11:27:58 PM
You mispronounced RUUUUE-FII-OHHHH!  8B

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #689 on: January 29, 2013, 08:36:21 AM

Posted on: November 14, 2012, 08:50:46 AM

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #690 on: January 29, 2013, 12:04:55 PM
Finally some Bebop and Rocksteady.

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #691 on: February 06, 2013, 11:23:35 PM

She has almost every detail spot on. Color me impressed.

... And now I want to make a 999 avatar.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 12:22:13 AM by Phi »

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #692 on: February 13, 2013, 10:10:01 AM

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #693 on: February 13, 2013, 04:22:09 PM
Okay that is just amazing. >0<

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #694 on: February 21, 2013, 09:14:26 AM

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #695 on: February 21, 2013, 09:32:53 AM
Hey Morrigan, why the Long Face.

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #696 on: February 21, 2013, 02:37:45 PM
Wow...you're a dick.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #697 on: February 21, 2013, 07:47:53 PM
You're right, I am.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #698 on: March 09, 2013, 05:31:19 PM

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Archer

Reply #699 on: March 10, 2013, 11:19:56 AM