"Tales of" Series

Setsuna F. Seiei · 136190

Offline Ephidiel

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #600 on: May 30, 2011, 05:35:59 PM
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzXCfwE6TMY&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

Offline VirusChris

• Virakin of the Darkness Arcana
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I'm the guy people hate
    • View Profile
Reply #601 on: May 30, 2011, 07:18:49 PM
Saw the videos... I want this game SO badly now. Also have a look at some of the Millia opening animation scenes from the game.

Tales of Xillia animation opening pictures:
http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/05/30/tales_of_xillia_animation/

"Spirit-Soul Fusion! Invoke... VIRUS CROSS!!!" ~ Quote from my Virakins global project
JP PSN: UirusuKurisu
Official Husband of Fox Caster from Fate/Extra <3

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #602 on: May 30, 2011, 07:48:47 PM
I don't want to be "that" guy (again) but... the series used to have better character designs.

Offline VirusChris

• Virakin of the Darkness Arcana
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I'm the guy people hate
    • View Profile
Reply #603 on: July 06, 2013, 08:14:00 PM
http://www.siliconera.com/2013/07/06/tales-of-xillia-2-is-coming-to-the-west-in-2014/

http://www.abyssalchronicles.com/?fn_mode=comments&fn_id=1112

Sheesh... the Tales of Xillia isn't out yet and they already announce the sequel, Tales of Xillia 2, to be localized and brought over!

We're getting 3 Tales Of games for the PS3 this year for the West, impressive! Now if they localize a certain game I want it's going to be great this year!

"Spirit-Soul Fusion! Invoke... VIRUS CROSS!!!" ~ Quote from my Virakins global project
JP PSN: UirusuKurisu
Official Husband of Fox Caster from Fate/Extra <3

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #604 on: October 15, 2013, 12:16:01 AM
We're getting 3 Tales Of games for the PS3 this year for the West, impressive! Now if they localize a certain game I want it's going to be great this year!

No, just one.

Xillia is the only one set for 2013. Both Symphonia Chronicles and Xillia 2 are 2014.

Though the pre-orders for Xillia must've been really high for Xillia 2 to already get the greenlight. Though it'll be sort of a downer that none of the silly Star Driver, Code Geass or Madoka costumes will make it over (Again). I'm still a bit sore regarding the Graces f deal since its not like the costumes they didn't release were because of rights issues (Though I think Toro and Miku were because of that, the IdolMaster, .hack and Geass costumes were fine though and Namco was just stingy.)

Posted on: July 06, 2013, 02:52:06 PM
Collector's Edition announced for Symphonia Chronicles, Limited to 15,000 copies at $100

Might be cool.

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #605 on: October 16, 2013, 03:54:15 AM
Ehh... Considering the game itself is a "maybe" for me, I doubt I'll be picking that one up. Nice for the people who want it though.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #606 on: December 12, 2013, 06:27:00 PM
So the newest tales game was finally announced.

Namco Bandai has announced Tales of Zestiria for PlayStation 3.

The game is the 20th anniversary title in the Tales series.

The “Zest” in the title represents passion and enthusiasm, according to series producer Hideo Baba. A dragon is used in the logo as a symbol of the game’s story.

Since it’s a spoiler whether the dragon will bring destruction or become an ally, those details weren’t revealed. But it’s important enough to be in the logo.

The title features character design by Mutsumi Inomata, Kosuke Fujishima, Daigo Okumura, and Minoru Iwamoto. Animation is being handled by Ufotable.

Two characters have been revealed.

Slay (voiced by Ryouhei Kimura) – Designed by Koskuke Fujishima. Quotes: “I want to explore the ruins all throughout the world.” “Of course it’s the mural of the monk hoisting the holy sword.”

Alicia (voiced by Ai Kayano) – Designed by Daigo Okumura. Quotes: “I want to try, to see my home town rid of uncleanliness.” “You’re… not going to ask my name?”

The game is set in the continent of Glynnwood, where two powerful nations, the Highland Kingdom and Laurence Empire, both for supremacy. These countries have given birth to different faiths and diverse cultures, and have achieved great advancements in civilization. However, there is a strange common factor between them. The faith in the mysterious existence known as “Family of Heaven” has permeated Glynnwood. The Family of Heaven is invisible and untouchable, but it’s said that they have the supernatural power to influence the world. The people respect, fear, avoid, and worship this Family of Heaven.

The battle system is said to be an evolution of the Linear Motion Battle system. Unfortunately, further details were not announced.

Last night, Namco Bandai announced Tales of Zestiria, the next games in the Tales of RPG series for PlayStation 3. Although the game has no release date yet, Namco Bandai do have plans to release Tales of Zestiria worldwide.

“Over the past few years the Tales of team has taken great strides to strengthen our relationship with players across North America and Europe,” said Tales of series producer Hideo Baba in a press release this morning. “To respond to their love and support I am honored to open a new chapter of the Tales of series together with Japanese and overseas fans.”

With a name like Zestiria I kind of expected it to be in a world made of spices, Wonder Chef better come back. But hey PS3 and a worldwide release, that's cool.

Hope they don't change the Battle System too much.

Offline HokutoNoBen

• We Are Living! Living in 90s...90s...90s...
  • RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile
Reply #607 on: December 12, 2013, 10:57:03 PM
Hope they don't change the Battle System too much.

On the contrary, I'm personally hoping that anything closer to Graces (or better) is what's in place this time. And going by the nifty side-step that was shown off in the trailer, I might just get my wish! owob

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #608 on: December 12, 2013, 11:22:52 PM
Yeah, I'd love for something akin to Graces' battle system. Once you got the timing down it was great.

I'm looking forward to this. I just hope it's a bit longer than the more recent outings... as much as I liked them, they've felt increasingly shorter. Something more akin to at least Vesperia in length would be nice.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #609 on: December 12, 2013, 11:33:47 PM
*raises hand*

The PS3 and not the PS4?

Offline CephiYumi

• Kick the door, hit the floor, magical words (groovy!)
  • RPM Purifier
  • mew mew~
    • View Profile
Reply #610 on: December 12, 2013, 11:36:17 PM
Some Japanese developers don't jump to a new system too quickly.  Which is fine with me :3

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #611 on: December 13, 2013, 12:35:43 AM
Since the trailer wasn't posted:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RY4SBE3Fa9c[/youtube]

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #612 on: December 13, 2013, 12:44:49 AM
Some Japanese developers don't jump to a new system too quickly.  Which is fine with me :3

Fair enough. Just curious is all! XD

Offline HokutoNoBen

• RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile
Reply #613 on: December 13, 2013, 02:54:27 AM
Fair enough. Just curious is all! XD

You'll probably want to hang on to your PS3 for a while longer, especially if you're a JRPG fan. What with Drakengard 3, Persona 5, Tales of ZESTFULNESS among others...

I'm just waiting on SRW Z3 to be announced in a few weeks to make it complete...

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #614 on: December 13, 2013, 04:13:46 AM
According to this...

The battle system will definitely be a variant of the Tales staple Linear Motion Battle System, but so far they haven't announced exactly how the battle system will be. All they said is that it'd have a similar pace to Graces's battle system.

[tornado fang] yeah!

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #615 on: December 13, 2013, 04:37:12 AM
You'll probably want to hang on to your PS3 for a while longer, especially if you're a JRPG fan. What with Drakengard 3, Persona 5, Tales of ZESTFULNESS among others...

I'm just waiting on SRW Z3 to be announced in a few weeks to make it complete...

Heh, I'm not a JRPG fan, but I'm not getting rid of my PS3 anytime soon! XD

Offline HokutoNoBen

• RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile
Reply #616 on: December 13, 2013, 06:08:49 AM
According to this...

[tornado fang] yeah!

Well, that's just fine by me. Now, I just need to hear that TP is gone, and I'll be set!

Offline Nexus

• is one random son of a
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • No one ever said all Reploids were smart.
    • View Profile
Reply #617 on: January 28, 2014, 01:07:33 AM
So, i'm sure anyone that's wanted to play Tales of Phantasia's probably already done so by now via emulator or the crappy GBA version if they really wanted to. But if you haven't, you can play it for free on the iOS store!..

.. and deal with extraordinary bullshit Namco's pulled on the game to try and exploit anyone who plays it for extra cash. Instead of having a difficulty select, the difficulty's locked to something inbetween Hard and Maniac, and save points within dungeons (especially next to boss fights) have been disabled to encourage players to buy $2 resurrection items when they likely bite the dust. Shops had their prices doubled, although rarely there's occasions where enemies will drop double the money than normal, making it only temporarily on-par with the original economy, and there's a bunch of cash shop [parasitic bomb] lingering at all times.

Although it's based off of the PSP port, they used a supposedly fixed-up version of the GBA port's translation as their basis without localizing any of the voices (which is better than their idea of low-budget dub voices for the GBA version at least). But the game's still pretty damn old, and aside from controls being altered to accommodate combat better, it's still a bit behind the rest of the series. Combined with the attempts to bleed players of their wallets, I think it'd only really warrant curious plays of the beginning parts of the game and no further.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #618 on: January 28, 2014, 01:27:59 AM
As someone put it, they tried to pull a Square-Enix iOS and failed miserably.
Also you can't save unless you're connected online. Literally if you're not online you cannot save the game at all.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Nexus

• is one random son of a
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • No one ever said all Reploids were smart.
    • View Profile
Reply #619 on: January 28, 2014, 01:36:42 AM
Also you can't save unless you're connected online. Literally if you're not online you cannot save the game at all.

Aside from All the Bravest, it didn't seem like the iOS ports of their Final Fantasy games were fundamentally altered to function for cash shops. I mean, they're probably there no doubt, but as a 'pay for advantages' supplement I hope.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #620 on: January 28, 2014, 02:37:54 AM
I hope some time in the future they release some sort of update for Controller compatibility/difficulty select because honestly that's sort of [parasitic bomb].

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #621 on: January 28, 2014, 06:44:08 AM

That's [tornado fang]ing hilarious. Who would buy into that [parasitic bomb]?

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #622 on: April 14, 2014, 09:54:56 PM
So the PS Vita remake of Tales of Hearts may be coming to the US according to Gamestop.

They also had a store page online for it, which labelled the physical release as a Gamestop Exclusive....
which they promptly took down.

So either they [tornado fang]'d up and put something up without approval or it was just a mistake.

Still, intriguing.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #623 on: April 14, 2014, 10:02:26 PM
Huh, Mind Zero is coming to the US... though I guess that was to be expected.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #624 on: April 14, 2014, 11:28:55 PM
I've heard Tales of Hearts is a really good game, so hopefully GameStop isn't just derping as usual here.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything