The Great Cateclysm: Silenced Forever?

Waifu · 37690

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #150 on: February 16, 2009, 06:22:59 AM
XD that would rock. it could be a melee attack.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Waifu

• Ultimate Despair
  • Master's Unit
  • Kanako, the Moriya Shrine Goddess
    • View Profile
Reply #151 on: February 16, 2009, 07:54:44 AM
What's next the Rising, Burning and Shining Armors for X?  [eyebrow]

But seriously, SHHHHINNNNNG FINNNNNGERRR!!!!!!  :P

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #152 on: February 16, 2009, 05:14:48 PM
How about as an unarmored Giga Attack?

Which reminds me: Nova Striking on the ground should get a Copy X-esque slide kick.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #153 on: February 16, 2009, 06:20:38 PM
Elipso was stupid. The set up to X's death was stupid. It was not highly enjoyable, it's like beating up a guy in a coma.

Nobody said beating a sleeping guy up was epic. Considering Elpis wholly expected X to be revived any time soon, Elpis' purpose never was to kill the empty shell of X, it was all about the release of Dark Elf. That X was to be destroyed that way was an unfortunate side effect.

What's epic here is the immense shock of such a disgraceful act to the hero X actually having succeeded despite Zero's action to stop it. That feeling of failure and that feeling of disgust that fills you. Elpis gaining immense power by the Dark Elf, driven mad by it, his words are like a twisted form of those spoken centuries ago by that girl of Zero's lost memories who died. The very fact that you hate Elpis then and there is actually the point, everything is set up to let you fight him with your emotions heightened for the kill. For all the gruesome things Copy-X and Dr. Vile did, it was very hard to feel that.

All the same, Elpis is a sad character, having witnessed the horrid nature of Neo Arcadia firsthand, he is driven by a desire to save all Repliroids and his care for Ciel, the only human that protected Repliroids. He is a person that could have been a hero but drowned himself in power after an over the top lesson in humiliation. His actions then and there are his own and all the same not his own. We are to hate him and at the same time we know we shouldn't hate him because the cause is Dark Elf.

When it comes to the vital plot element that is Dark Elf, his corruption shows the immense power of the force that nearly destroyed the world. His salvation shows us the divine good that is the Mother Elf, for she was even touched by the last words of a man we were all made to hate. Without those points clearly established, the climax of the ZERO-series would be far less amazing than it was.

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #154 on: February 17, 2009, 04:34:21 AM
How about as an unarmored Giga Attack?

THAT'S BRILLIANT!

Somebody e-mail this to somebody high-up in Capcom!

Offline Nexus

• is one random son of a
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • No one ever said all Reploids were smart.
    • View Profile
Reply #155 on: February 17, 2009, 05:08:44 AM
-post-

This makes so much sense, sir, that you gain even more respect points - a feat I thought not possible after reading so much of your insight and knowledge into the Rockman series already.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #156 on: February 17, 2009, 06:19:47 AM
For all the gruesome things Copy-X and Dr. Vile did, it was very hard to feel that.
I dunno, I hated Copy X (MK1) a hell of a lot more than I did Elpizo (in that awesome way you love to hate a villain, I mean).  Elpizo is just a prick, but Copy X is exceedingly dangerous in terms of his influence.

His salvation shows us the divine good that is the Mother Elf, for she was even touched by the last words of a man we were all made to hate.
I wouldn't discount Mother Elf's link to the non-evil-messiah Zero, either.

Without those points clearly established, the climax of the ZERO-series would be far less amazing than it was.
I retain that any emotional impact Elpizo carried was one-upped both before (Resistance base attack, Z1) and after (Craft, Z4), rendering that aspect of his character pointless.  I do respect him, however, for an entirely different reason: Under the Dark Elf's influence he gave us the only Zero-series appearance of a true Maverick.  It was refreshing to just for once cut through all the political and prejudicial BS.  And it did a lot for Harpuia's character to see that he was willing to do the same, as well.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #157 on: February 17, 2009, 12:42:07 PM
honestly, by the time Z3 rolled around, I felt sorry for Copy X. I guess it was because from the get go you knew Weil was using him. And copy X truly believed that Weil had "changed" plus, Copy X shows a bit more of his nature. He not only shws what a spoiled child he is when he doesnt get his way, but that he hates being looked down upon and made a joke out of, and he truly believes hes doing the right thing. that and the fact that hes chilishly Naive. Weil placing that trap on his body and CX inadvertently activating it kind made me feel for him...

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Acrosurge

• Crossover Hunter
  • Robot Master
    • View Profile
Reply #158 on: February 17, 2009, 05:35:26 PM
honestly, by the time Z3 rolled around, I felt sorry for Copy X. I guess it was because from the get go you knew Weil was using him. And copy X truly believed that Weil had "changed" plus, Copy X shows a bit more of his nature. He not only shws what a spoiled child he is when he doesnt get his way, but that he hates being looked down upon and made a joke out of, and he truly believes hes doing the right thing. that and the fact that hes chilishly Naive. Weil placing that trap on his body and CX inadvertently activating it kind made me feel for him...
I felt sorry for Elpizo, to be honest.  Here's a guy who wanted desperately to be a hero, but always lacked the power.  Finally, it seems like he's going to get his wish; he's commander of the resistance and about to march in and rescue reploid-kind from Neo Arcadia.  Then, Zero reappears and shows him up in every way.  Worse, Elpizo's big plan to wrest freedom for reploids fails miserably and he's humiliated by Harpuia, Fefnir, and Leviathan.  Every dream was crushed.  There wasn't anything left for him at that point but to pursue the forbidden.

Don't get me wrong, Elpizo's choice was evil and it led to greater evil, but I did pity him.

As for the Cataclysm, I've often wanted a part of it to be true.  Not the part where Zero kills everyone in the Classic cast, but I think it would have been really cool for Wily to have activated Zero early, and then have Light and Wily's forces team up when Zero betrays his creator.  Mega Man, Proto Man, Bass and [insert favorite Robot Master(s) here] vs Zero would be an awesome prospect.  Honestly, at the very least, Bass deserves a chance to test his strength against Zero after that comment he made in PF.

Enjoy life,
Acrosurge

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #159 on: February 18, 2009, 12:08:29 AM
I think we all thought of the cataclysm at one point and liked the idea.
also, of course one feels ssorry for Elpis. It technically wasnt his fault. he was corrupted by his greed for power. remember, even while escaping from Neo Arcadia he showed that he wanted power. in fact, it's kind of reminicent of Gates situation in a way... he normally would never have done what he did, but when he went crazy, he was overcome by his hatred, anger and power lust.

Offline Gauntlet101010

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • The Mechanical Maniacs
Reply #160 on: February 18, 2009, 01:03:51 AM
I never really liked the Cataclysm idea.  I liked Zero for Classic Megaman's final enemy, but not for killing everyone.  Never really got how Wily could build Skull Castle after Skull Castle and yet keep Zero hidden away either.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #161 on: February 18, 2009, 01:22:37 AM
Well, to be fair, I never really thought about the killing everyone part.
or did I? I dont remember now what it was exactly i thought. lol.

Offline Zechs

• Robot Master
    • View Profile
    • Simply-Crestfallen.
Reply #162 on: February 21, 2009, 07:49:44 AM
I have always been against the theory. I had my reasons, but it just simply didn't make sense...

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #163 on: February 21, 2009, 02:36:35 PM
BnG's version is so amusing, what with Rightot becoming RT-55J, only for RT55-J to be killed in X1 and Auto to reemerge in X3.... I'm almost surprised Gospel didn't become Velguader.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #164 on: February 21, 2009, 04:36:46 PM
I'm almost surprised Gospel didn't become Velguader
OMG YOU SOLVED THE MYSTERY.

also, when i first saw Sigmas Velguader Body, (yknow, Sigma's second form?) I initially thought sigma's cockpit looked more like a rat...

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #165 on: February 21, 2009, 05:27:11 PM
It does look like a rat.

Offline Waifu

• Ultimate Despair
  • Master's Unit
  • Kanako, the Moriya Shrine Goddess
    • View Profile
Reply #166 on: February 21, 2009, 05:57:55 PM
And I always thought sigma looked similar to M.Bison/Vega but Velguarder looking like a rat makes sense.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #167 on: February 21, 2009, 08:31:17 PM
thats because they both have prominent jaws/chins on big square heads.
and usually have the same big evil smile.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #168 on: February 21, 2009, 09:53:11 PM
damn he has a huge chin, it looks kinda like a butt

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #169 on: February 22, 2009, 12:20:01 AM
[tornado fang]... I knew where that quote was from... F*ck I forgot where it was from...