[sonic slicer] about Sonic

Acid · 221258

Offline irgpie

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #1225 on: June 17, 2017, 03:41:39 PM
I don't really know how to feel about Forces but it's probably gonna be full retail price or close to such so no thanks, not in a year or two

Sonic fandom autism
You really ought to be more mature than this

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1226 on: June 17, 2017, 05:52:02 PM
I wonder what your reaction would be if Sonic Forces happens to be the more popular Sonic game between it and Mania and Forces sold more copies. 8D

I'd enjoy my Sonic Mania regardless ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You really ought to be more mature than this
I mean, it's true... Sonic Forces is marketed to the steel donut types in the community

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #1227 on: June 17, 2017, 07:22:03 PM
I mean, it's true... Sonic Forces is marketed to the steel donut types in the community

Nooo? It's marketed towards kids in general? What, did you take that comic with the safe seriously?

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1228 on: June 17, 2017, 09:56:55 PM
what comic?

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #1229 on: June 17, 2017, 11:23:42 PM
I ended up pre-ordering the Sonic mania collector's edition.

TWITCH   ➧ TWITTER   ➧ DISCORD   ➧ MY GAMES

Knockout Mondays
Experimental day: Fighting game engine project Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

WIP Wednesdays
Hamster Drop Gold Edition Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

Weekend Game Hangout
Marc, Amber, & Friends (Saturday Evening EST)

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #1230 on: June 17, 2017, 11:47:24 PM
Sonic Mania looks so freaking amazing the more I see it, and I really love how they remix the stages.

As for Sonic Forces I'm pretty interested in the character creation mechanics though I wish the models didn't look like something out of Toon Town.
Sonic Forces looks kind of like ass if you ask me. gameplay will be generic Sonic generations style, but while tapping into Sonic fandom autism for the third character is genius, I'm not feeling what ive seen so far. not to mention theyve brought back the worst part of older sonic games- all the characters talking at you all the time.

ehh. Honestly, while Forces may be the big 3D game, we all know Mania is the real "main" Sonic game here. Or at least, it's quickly becoming so. I've heard Sega is interested in potentially making physical copies of mania. and I hope they do. if anythign deserves a physical copy, that game does.
Look.....can you just not use autism, or any mental illness/condition to insult a community just because you couldn't think of a better word to do so? Autism is a struggle to live with no matter who has it or what classification they are in for many different reasons and it makes it worse when you use it as a buzzword as a short hand to degrade a community who most likely doesn't even have a good percentage of those who do have it.  It also trivializes those who actually have autism when you use it as a short hand insult.

There are several people who are on the autism scale on RPM, Quickie and possibly myself included, not to mention thousands of others all around the world so you think it's okay to associate them with fandom insanity?

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #1231 on: June 18, 2017, 01:13:52 AM
I'm on the spectrum as well. And although I'm not necessarily offended by this hot buzz word insult (I still call things gay and retarded), I wouldn't call something or someone I didn't like autistic. It's just shock value for the sake of. It's too easy. It's too memey.

I'm excited for Forces not because of the third character. I'm excited for the same reason I was when it was first announced: it's Generations 2. The third style is something I'll likely be fine with, hell maybe even enjoy a lot. But at the core, it's still Sonic.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1232 on: June 23, 2017, 06:11:15 AM
well, [parasitic bomb], sorry guys I. meant no offense.

I still think the Sonic OC creator is a pretty clever marketing gimmick.

I'm more surprised something like that hasn't happened sooner, honestly

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #1233 on: June 24, 2017, 05:40:49 AM
The OC creator is cool but from a gameplay standpoint I can't help but feel like "gadget character" would have made a lot more sense for Tails.  I mean, screw it, this probably makes for better marketing, but still it'd be nice if Sonic's best bud had some actual gameplay to him in a 3D game again.  I was very nearly tempted to buy/defend Rise of Lyric on those grounds, for crying out loud (and honestly I can still say that I enjoyed its demo better than Shattered Crystal's).

Werehog had the same issue, since if you wanted a stretchy brawler Chaos should have fit that bill.  Speaking of which, glad to see Chaos is coming back.  Don't really care what contrived story reason they think of, he's just a cool character to see.

I'm still a little worried about the modern Sonic gameplay as it looked rather bland, but hey, gotta actually play it first.

Mania still has me a lot more psyched, of course.  It's like a smoother S3&K except the boss music isn't as good and there probably aren't any Super Emeralds.  But hey, you can't beat perfection, and literally any excuse to revisit Flying Battery is fine by me.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline VirusChris

• Virakin of the Darkness Arcana
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I'm the guy people hate
    • View Profile
Reply #1234 on: June 24, 2017, 09:08:37 PM
Well I'm getting both games for the Switch. It would be perfect... I just wish Sonic Mania was up for pre-order on the Switch's eShop already. -_-

I'm going digitally for my games, because I can't trust my own sister who apparently "burrows" my games without me knowing and LOSES then or never returns. It happened to my copy of Persona 5 game disc and I'm positively PEEVED. I still have the "Take Your Heart" items, but the Steelcase and game are gone.

I digress though.

The Character Creation looks simple, but has a LOT of items to equip. HOWEVER it looks like you can't change the colors of some of the items which I dislike. Being able to wear what I want and the color I want on it, is a big plus. Which is one of the main issues I have with Xenoverse's CaC system. If Battle of Z and ULTIMATE TENKAICHI can let you change the colors of any and ALL outfits than Dimps has no excuse with Xenoverse.

Also Sonic Force CaC might not have hairstyle options which would be a bummer, especially with female CaC. I don't expect an overly detail one, but some nice simple designs so our CaC don't look like different colored clones at least.

Debating if I should go a Red Hedgehog (with a hoodie and shorts) or a Red Wolf? He does look cool and I would prefer the DBZ Scouter compared to the Glasses for the communicator as well.

I believe the Dev Team mentioned that Sonic hand picks the Avatar personally himself, as the Avatar is/was just a normal citizen in the world. Kinda cool in a way. Perhaps Tails is also your Avatar's mentor which would explain the gadgets?

Would you dislike if they had a cartoony Human option to pick as an Avatar as well?

"Spirit-Soul Fusion! Invoke... VIRUS CROSS!!!" ~ Quote from my Virakins global project
JP PSN: UirusuKurisu
Official Husband of Fox Caster from Fate/Extra <3

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1235 on: June 28, 2017, 02:52:43 PM
here's something cute

[spoiler][/spoiler]

also, an info dump of what's known so far about the game

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #1236 on: July 21, 2017, 05:41:06 AM
New videos posted earlier today!
[youtube]Mn6uqp_mr98[/youtube]

OK, I'm loving Infinite! This guy is going to be an interesting villain. Also Liam O'Brien is voicing him as well! Oh man, this is going to be great!

Also the Theme of Infinite as well, and I like it!
[youtube]XKjOJuPjiu4[/youtube]

Say what you will, but I enjoyed very bit of it and the lyrics are great!

"Spirit-Soul Fusion! Invoke... VIRUS CROSS!!!" ~ Quote from my Virakins global project

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #1237 on: July 21, 2017, 07:52:31 PM
Infinite is an edgy 12 year old's wet dream

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1238 on: July 22, 2017, 03:44:50 AM
Infinite looks like he'll be a suitable threat.

In other news: Archie Sonic is dead, long live IDW Sonic. Following the former's cancellation, IDW has announced that it'll be producing new Sonic stuff in 2018. Whether it's an all-new series or a continuation of the reboot remains to be seen.

Almost everyone was hoping for IDW to receive the license should worst come to worst (and it did), so I'm guessing someone there was listening.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1239 on: July 23, 2017, 11:59:04 PM
Sonic Forces looks worse with each passing day.

Sorry to those who like it, but I thought we had gotten over the edgy deviantart tier stuff in Sonic. This guy is literally *teleports behind u* the character. Complete with "this guy is faster than Sonic! o:" 

Then again, isnt one of the writers behind Sonic '06 on this?

This game is exactly the kind of stuff many people didn't want. Hell, from the gameplay preview we got, already at the start we had all of "Sonic's friends" talking up a storm in the background.

When i said I wanted Sonic's friends back, Sega, I just meant giving Tails and Knuckles bigger, possibly gameplay roles. generations was fun because a bunch of characters returned, but more like cameos. This is literally sticking every villain character together against Sonic, under the new OC donut steel villain.

On the other hand, we've got more info on Sonic Mania

we finally know what the Special Stages are like

[spoiler= click if you wanna spoil em for yourself]
they are 3D, combining aspects of all past special stages, and are supposed to be some kind of race

also, special stage theme!

[youtube]! No longer available[/youtube] [/spoiler]

See, Sonic team? Why can't you be more like the Mania team?

Also,

lol

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #1240 on: July 24, 2017, 10:07:43 PM
I like how edgy Forces is. It's kinda... A self-aware sorta edginess. IDK how to explain it, but I think they know what they're doing.

EDIT: Also, if I may just share this.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1241 on: July 25, 2017, 05:39:43 AM
I dont know, I get the feeling they are playing this 100% straight without a hint of irony.

Offline irgpie

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #1242 on: August 11, 2017, 04:24:51 AM

sdfsdgsdga

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #1243 on: August 12, 2017, 06:08:02 AM
I just took a trip down memory lane! My god it's beautiful. :'(

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #1244 on: August 15, 2017, 06:10:00 PM
I have to agree with Flame here. The prospect of "Generations 2" was exciting but the more that is actually revealed about this thing the less and less I actually want to play it.

At current I have no intent to purchase it or even play it.

TWITCH   ➧ TWITTER   ➧ DISCORD   ➧ MY GAMES

Knockout Mondays
Experimental day: Fighting game engine project Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

WIP Wednesdays
Hamster Drop Gold Edition Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

Weekend Game Hangout
Marc, Amber, & Friends (Saturday Evening EST)

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1245 on: August 16, 2017, 05:37:33 AM
Hot diggety chili dog, Sonic Mania is amazing

It has fulfilled, and in fact surpassed, my hype.

Everything about this game is fantastic, and I can't get enough of the amazing soundtrack. The bosses are pretty cool too, and the level design is basically Sonic CD style exploration done properly. Every remixed stage is remixed so far that I can't even call them "returning" stages. They are entirely new. Some of them go extremely far out in remixing them. And there's so many loving references and moments crammed in there. The special stages get special mention, they are exactly what I thought they would be, and man oh man are they really neat.

Now THIS is blast processing!

And there is no way Sonic Forces can ever hope to match this game. Save for the fact it's got a physical version, I fully expect the game to be a critical failure, especially after the saccharin sweet aftertaste Mania has left in everyone's mouths.

Offline Kieran

• He's just a
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #1246 on: August 18, 2017, 02:15:18 PM
Well, you could wait until it actually releases to declare it a total write-off.  Personally, I want to see how it plays.

The Other Side
http://www.crowdedstreet.net
irc.esper.net #theotherside

Commander Shepard: *stares blankly at a video of scantily clad asari dancers* ...What kind of hotel is this?
Liara T'Soni: It is a luxury resort with an... exotic edge.  Azure is slang for a part of the asari body in some places on Illium.
Shepard: Where?
Liara: The lower reaches, near the bottom.
Shepard: I meant, "where on the asari body?"
Liara: So did I.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1247 on: August 18, 2017, 05:54:14 PM
from what ive seen already, I have very little hope in it. It's generations, but with all the stuff that messed up the series in the first place. Too many friends, friends talking over gameplay too much, classic sonic's "off" physics are also now blatantly apparent after mania's perfect classic physics, the level design is, from what ive seen so far, awful, especially classic sonic's, that Green Hill preview was awful- an edgy villain that actually tops Mephistophiles... and the music so far sounds ehh

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #1248 on: August 18, 2017, 11:06:04 PM
So we're not allowed a "darker Sonic story" anymore? That's so narrow-minded and shallow thinking there buddy.

The reason for the "talking during the gameplay segment" is to convey the serious of the situation they're in as they're in a "war" with Dr. Eggman and communication is key to direction their advancements and information to topple ol' Egghead of his newfound reign of the world.

I don't mind it at all and like it. Characters can interact with each other both in and out of cutscenes which is neat. It's not really constant... if you want CONSTANT chatter go play the console version of Sonic Generations Final Boss battle. Sonic Forces is TAMED compared to this. Also I like how the characters talk to the Avatar as well in the stages. It's cool to see Knuckles believe in you and seems like a mentor of sorts which I like and how you empress the other characters like Espio and Charmy as well.

I don't find anything wrong with the level designs. They look epic and really illustrate the world is falling apart and becoming a ruin with Eggman in charge.

Music is great as well as it's a throwback to SA2 with vocal tracks as well which I love as SA1 and 2 were my second and third favorite Sonic games.

Physics are off? I don't see it, maybe not as accurate with the Sonic Mania but they're two different kind of games and uses two different engines so some things need to be change to fit the tone and gameplay style of the game.

And Infinite? Well aside from his song, I don't see anything "edgy" about him. What is edgy anyway? Everyone throws it around like they know what it means and I quote a movie with its famous line of "you keep using that word, I don't think you know what it means" which is getting very annoying. He's sinister no doubt, cunning, clever, powerful, prideful given his attitude towards Sonic. To me he knows can't be beat and is mocking his enemies around for fun. I guess a tad arrogant to beat. He's an interesting character, why does he have these powers? What is he? Where did he come from? Why is he working with Eggman? What's his end goal.

When I hear edgy I sort of associate it with someone who's a loner that's a tad emo, but a tense and brooding in nature and makes very "savage" remarks. I mean Infinite does say that to Sonic in his last line his trailer, but he never comes off as edgy to me. Just a mysterious figure toying with the heroes for fun and looks down on them.

So far I'm more interest and excited for Forces than Mania. I like Mania, I'm enjoying the game... but ultimately I want to play Forces more than Mania. Mostly for the Story and the Character Creation and I'm loving what I'm seeing of the game.

But like they say art is subjective and different stroke for different people. Though I wonder if Forces well outsell Mania? Mania is a love letter to old fans well Forces is something new and for both old and new fans so Forces make get more sells. Kids like imagining their own characters and Character Creation might cause the game to sell more, but then again it looks fun as well.

Then again I don't care if Mania or Forces sells more than the other or is better in certain areas than the other. I want just fun Sonic games and both of them are fun Sonic games to me, which ultimately I'm looking for. I'm not looking for the most complex of stories or character development, but a good Sonic story and game. Hardly anything is original in terms of stories and such so I'm going in with an open-mind and enjoy it for what it is.

Everyone's so salty and angry nowadays I don't anything to do with them. Fandoms nowadays are taking these WAY out of proportion.

So if you don't like Sonic Forces that's fine, but keep the toxic attitude and comments to yourself. If you got nothing nice to say then don't say it at all.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #1249 on: August 18, 2017, 11:28:23 PM
tl;dr