Rockman X Over, a portable Social RPG, coming to a phone near you.

VixyNyan · 39291

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
I'm most insulted honestly, by the "auto play" button.

I gotta wonder how casual gamers would feel about that. "Does Capcom think I'm so lazy/stupid that I'd use that on anything but a second play-through?"

(Well, if this game contains any examples of "that one boss", I guess the auto-play button'd be a small mercy. But still)

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
I know it's irrelevant but why does that totally not a recolor of X have a fur collar?

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
I'm serious about wanting to play this if it was on 3DS. I think it would work well.

even if the last mm 3ds game ended on a rather sour note

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
I know it's irrelevant but why does that totally not a recolor of X have a fur collar?
Because It's cold in Russia?

It's a Cossack/Light bot so I'm going to assume the fur trim was Cossacks idea.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Treleus

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
They don't. I was told that it went over better with the Japanese fanbase, but I dunno if they're excited for the game itself, or if they just like the new guy's design.

These are the same guys that hate Sigma.

Not a huge fan of their taste tbh.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
I wonder if Capcom is just trying to bring casual players into the MM fanbase, or if this really is intended for the fans.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
A crossover is definitely intended for fans IMO

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Treleus

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
This seems more like a shotgun aimed at every single Mega Man sub-demographic that happens to have an iPhone, and the converse of that set. It's not so much "aimed at the fans" as it is "aimed" in their general direction.

Besides that, this is clearly more for iDevice users. It's a throwaway title made to grab quick bucks.

Archer

These are the same guys that hate Sigma.

Not a huge fan of their taste tbh.

Sigma is [parasitic bomb].

I question your taste.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
This seems more like a shotgun aimed at every single Mega Man sub-demographic that happens to have an iPhone, and the converse of that set. It's not so much "aimed at the fans" as it is "aimed" in their general direction.

Besides that, this is clearly more for iDevice users. It's a throwaway title made to grab quick bucks.
And that, my friends, is the textbook definition of "hit nail on head."

It's like this game is simultaneously aimed at everybody and nobody.  The artwork screams hardcore fan-gasm while the screenshots (hell, the very nature of the platform and its inputs) reduce it to complete [parasitic bomb].

I honestly have to wonder if somebody LOOKING for an iTimeWaster game isn't going to look at that art and think, "Nah, too serious."

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Night

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Because It's cold in Russia?

It's a Cossack/Light bot so I'm going to assume the fur trim was Cossacks idea.

I thought that helmet looked familiar...

Offline Treleus

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Sigma is [parasitic bomb].

I question your taste.

Sigma is glorious. Don't you [tornado fang]ing disagree with me, man.

THAT'S LIKE THE BEST DAMN VILLAIN EVER SHADDAP!

Offline Karasai♪

• Absolutely Fabulous.
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Yeah the boss that had like 3 attacks and moved by switching sides

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
kaiser Sigma isnt exactly the best example of great Sigma. Captain America Sigma that came right before it maybe, but I'd say his better forms were the original, and X8's Copy Sigma. (if you wanna count it)

yeah his First form in X3 is definitely better than his second.

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Yeah the boss that had like 3 attacks and moved by switching sides
And yet he's still regarded as one of the toughest Sigma fights in the series.  Especially considering that all of the other bosses in the game have the worst AI and he follows the exact same strategy with a very stupid weak point and a ton of ammo.

I thought that helmet looked familiar...
Oh my god that makes too much sense somehow, especially the part about him being made of cheap parts.  I hope his doppelganger is not immortal too.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Kaiser Sigma was hard because of his head's ridiculous hitbox and the even ridiculouser shoulder hitboxes which hindered you.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
^^^^^^

This. If only Kaiser took x2 damage from normal shots (for being such a SMALL target) He could've been more tolerable (or just weak to Tornado Fang, either way). But yep, they made him ON PAR with Wily Capsule 7.

If the Zero, BN, SF, ZX, Legends series had equivalents, it would be..

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Karasai♪

• Absolutely Fabulous.
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Kaizer Sigma was easy poop with the Z Saber, one hit and it'll take a big chunk of his health.

Just good luck hitting the head

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Kaizer Sigma was easy poop with the Z Saber, one hit and it'll take a big chunk of his health.

Just good luck hitting the head

Well I'm fairly certain that Sigma in X1 and X2 weren't much harder with the Hadouken and the Shoryuken either.
Except maybe... final Sigma in X1 since you can't hit his tiny head with the Hadouken. The hands never moved high enough.

Offline Treleus

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Wily Capsule's a mother-[sonic slicer]. Way harder than Kaiser Sigma. You wanna talk cheap, though? Gamma Sigma. That's a cheap bastard right there.

Personally, my favorite Sigma is the first one. I just posted Kaiser Sigma for ironic effect, because he looked the most ridiculous.

You gotta love that artwork, man. What an awesome looking Sigma. That's him at his best.

Ever noticed how similar Sigma is to Dracula? He's like Robo-Dracula with Sith powers, and he always always ALWAYS comes back.

Only thing is I get less tired of Dracula than I do of Sigma, because the latter's look keeps changing and looking more or less ridiculous. He's still one of my favorite villains, though, so even as Captain America Kaiser Sigma (CAKS) he still maintains his appeal.

That appeal is lost a bit when he opens his mouth, but whatever. It's not like he's had much of interest to say since, uh, ever. I wish MHX wasn't released on the PSP. Then maybe we'd have gotten MHX2 by now with a better Sigma.

Offline Karasai♪

• Absolutely Fabulous.
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Pff Belial Sigma from X8 is the best.

Everything is perfect. The final fight, the music, gosh it gives me chills.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Wily Capsule's a mother-[sonic slicer]. Way harder than Kaiser Sigma. You wanna talk cheap, though? Gamma Sigma. That's a cheap bastard right there.

Gamma Sigma is a [tornado fang]ing JOKE. Played X5 to death and I memorized ALL of his attack patterns. In X1 you can simply hadouken him when the arms in the second phase hits just the right time. Same with shoryuken with the first sigma phase in X2, just gotta get that timing absolutely-fukkin' right.

My favorite fight though has to be X6 as for the fact that it gives you something to laugh at, both phases are easy as the first round sigma does almost nothing and the second fight you can just nearly avoid everything he throws at you plus you can freakin' school him in a few hits with the upgraded X-Buster alone.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Treleus

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Try playing Gamma Sigma with X on Hard Mode. 4/5 you'll get those giant purple death cubes popping up on you to murder your [parasitic bomb].

Also, Belial Sigma's lame. I know it's Sigma's shtick to copy his motif from pop culture/other sources, but his entire design is just one big grey mess, and fighting him is tedious. You literally just jump through hoops with the guy. Besides, he's not even the final boss. I liked the Copy Sigma fight and it's music better.

Offline Ladd Spencer

• Neo Arcadian
  • Blow up! We want to blow up this area.
    • View Profile
What's a social RPG exactly?

FEELS  ;^;Which has the massive scrotums?

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
In newer terms, think of it as Street Passing or Facebooking, sharing data or communication between people, also seen in MMORPGs. >U<

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~