The Official Pokemon Heart Gold & Soul Silver Discussion Thread

Jericho · 418221

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Looks... rather plain. 8D

Well, with regards to the earlier Jirachi news, Pokebeach has some confirmation.
Quote from:  Water Pokemon Master
A McDonalds promotion will take place in Japan from June 19th to July 17th in which customers can download a special Jirachi through Mystery Gift. As we already found out in the previous news story, the Jirachi will unlock something special in HeartGold and SoulSilver, rumored to be a hidden area called "Edge of the Night Sky."

Additionally, McDonalds will allow players to download some of the Pokemon toys from Melee! Pokemon Scramble to their DS, including Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle, Turtwig, Piplup, Chimchar, Garchomp, Pikachu, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Mewtwo, Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres (all 1st and 4th generation Pokemon!). When they have collected all of the Pokemon, they can earn McDonalds coupons. Basically, the promotion is just a gimmicky advertisement for the game.

And, have a pic, have a Big Mac... Or something.

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Magic Everywhere In This Bitch
  • Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
Japan needs to stop getting all the awesome. I'd buy a big mac for some pokemon

Offline Thanatos-Zero

• RPM Irregular
    • View Profile
I have the old versions and they are good as they are.
I would consider to buy all these new Pokemon Games, only when they bring back the good and old EV (Effort Value) System, which allows you to give any Pokemon not 510 EV but 1530 EV, meaning all stats maximised. That is my personal wish, but as long as they keep the new EV System, I will keep playing RBY and GSC.

Offline Waifu

• Ultimate Despair
  • Master's Unit
  • Kanako, the Moriya Shrine Goddess
    • View Profile
I am playing Crystal right now as the girl and Jirachi on my G/S remake, does not compute.

Offline Klavier Gavin

• RPM Soldier
  • Einspruch!
    • View Profile
Full scans and info:

Quote from: Pokemon Aus24
New Information:
- All 493 Pokemon can follow you around, you can see Steelix and Wobbuffet following the trainers in the scans.

- You can interact with your Pokemon to see how they feel towards you like with Pikachu in Pokemon Yellow.

- The PokeDex, Computer Boxes and your bag have been given a totally new layout utilizing the touchscreen.

- You will be able to travel back to Kanto in HeartGold and SoulSilver and new exclusive locations have been added.

- You must have your "Pikachu Coloured Pichu" following you in Ilex forest to activate the Notched Eared Pichu event.

- Pre-order HeartGold and get a Ho-Oh figure, pre-order SoulSilver and get a Lugia figure, pre-order both and get both figures and an Arceus one.

- The Mc Donalds Jirachi is to be sent to Diamond, Pearl or Platinum first then transferred to HeartGold/SoulSilver once released. It will be available in Japan from June 19th until July 17th.

-The Jirachi is Level 5 and knows Draco Meteor, Rest, Wish and Confusion and is holding a Liechi Berry.

- Kyogre appears in HeartGold whilst Groudon appears in SoulSilver, if you bring the two together in the same game then Rayquaza will also be unlocked.

- Cynthia appears in the remakes when the Arceus event is activated. Apparently transferring your Movie Arceus to HeartGold/SoulSilver will activate this event and in-turn allow you to capture your chose of either a Level 1 Dialga, Palkia or Giratina.

- A male and female Team Rocket member can be seen, they are presumably Rocket Grunts.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
- All 493 Pokemon can follow you around, you can see Steelix and Wobbuffet following the trainers in the scans.

- You can interact with your Pokemon to see how they feel towards you like with Pikachu in Pokemon Yellow.

- The PokeDex, Computer Boxes and your bag have been given a totally new layout utilizing the touchscreen.

Yes

- You will be able to travel back to Kanto in HeartGold and SoulSilver and new exclusive locations have been added.

Very yes!

- Pre-order HeartGold and get a Ho-Oh figure, pre-order SoulSilver and get a Lugia figure, pre-order both and get both figures and an Arceus one.

I want those D:

- Cynthia appears in the remakes when the Arceus event is activated. Apparently transferring your Movie Arceus to HeartGold/SoulSilver will activate this event and in-turn allow you to capture your chose of either a Level 1 Dialga, Palkia or Giratina.

Level 1? Feels odd.

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Level 1? Feels odd.

My point as to why they are Lv1 is that once you get them, you can speed-level them, and get access to nearly all their Lv30 and below moves.

And for a quick note: I love speed-leveling Lv1's. XD

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline SoulAnimal

• PB's Fangirl
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Protoman? :3
    • View Profile
Sweet! That will be one more Giratina to my never-ending giratina collection!
( At the monent : 10 giratinas , ifya wanna know how i got them just post )
But... how do u get pkiachu colored pichu?
And dammit! i have all of the movie pokemon but arceus

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
I thought that Lengendaries were unbreedable? Am I doing something wrong? Or do you have all three versions with Giratina captured or unless AR'ed, that is questionable.

Pikachu-colored-pichu is probably through some event, like Arceus.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline SoulAnimal

• PB's Fangirl
  • Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
No , giratina is UNBREEDABLE i tried. Did'nt work.
So my giratinas came from..

1 from my Diamond
1 From my Platinum
1 from my Pearl , before its save was erased
1 from my friends (Rachel) Pearl , which is really mine , but she can have it cuz her parents dont wanna buy her a Pearl
1 from my friend adam's Pearl before it got corrupted
1 from AR ( this one i never use , it was my pokesav testing , and it came out legit ( web testing ) , so it seems fine! )
2 From GTS
1 from a person on my favorite chat webstie willing to trade it to me for my non-hacked shiny Budew
and the last one is from...
my BFF wanting to be BF Joe! He gave me the  1 Giratina , and gave me a everstone with it for my pichu!  8D

Yay 10! , and most of them know diff movesets

Offline Pringer X

• Ultimate Super Robot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Pringer Beam!
    • View Profile
But... how do u get pkiachu colored pichu?

You'll need the movie Arceus.

That's actually something that's ticked me off about the games, lately you need the movie versions of the legendaries in order to unlock all of these extras or have certain other Pokemon. You need the movie Regigigas to get a lv. 30 Regice, Regirock, and Registeel, and that unlocks a lv. 1 Regigigas (or something like that), you need the movie Shaymin in order to get access to it's Sky Forme, and movie Darkrai is the only way you'll get Dialga's and Palkia's signature moves onto it, and movie Arceus gets you a lv. 1 Legendary Dragon Trio member and the Pikachu colored Pichu. That's all fine and dandy in Japan, but I don't recall too many opportunities for anyone outside of the land of the rising sun to get one of those son-of-a-bitches >< It's usually select places that are far off that have them, or few select stores for the particular company. The gamestop in the area that I was at didn't have a download station thing for the Deoxys that was available.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
They could always use the Wifi Mystery Gift...

...Yeah, we're never gonna get them.

Offline Pringer X

• Ultimate Super Robot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Pringer Beam!
    • View Profile
They could always use the Wifi Mystery Gift...

...Yeah, we're never gonna get them.

What's even funnier is, Nintendo released their Nintendo Channel thing on the Wii awhile ago, and quite frankly, they're really not using it. I deleted it like a month or two after it came out because there was NO point in going to it if all it had were trailers I could find on YouTube or Game Trailers. I don't recall any demos being out, and odds are if it was anything worth to snuff, there'd be reports all over about it.

On a separate note, one thing I noticed though is, right before the announcement of HGSS, someone ended up discovering that Johto was a region that Pokemon could come from, and right from a movie, awhile later, rumors flared up about HGSS, with confirmation announced about a week later.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
On a separate note, one thing I noticed though is, right before the announcement of HGSS, someone ended up discovering that Johto was a region that Pokemon could come from, and right from a movie, awhile later, rumors flared up about HGSS, with confirmation announced about a week later.

The discovery of Johto was WAY before that.

Offline Pringer X

• Ultimate Super Robot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Pringer Beam!
    • View Profile
The discovery of Johto was WAY before that.

I could swear someone went "Hey, I just found out Johto is on the list" and then a picture was posted up, with HGSS being announced shortly after or something. I think I found out on FC or something. To be honest, I wasn't paying attention or really cared about it.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
What I'm wondering is (and if someone already posed this question, I'm sorry. But I'm too lazy to go through 20 pages here) the Sevii Islands will return when you go to Kanto... They could change (after all, FR/LG take place in the same time as R/B/Y, so three years have passed between FR/LG and HG/SS, so the big computer linking to R/S/E could be easily removed, right?) I think that would be awesome. Plus, two places to get Unown! Or they could sink all but the main Tanoby chamber... get the ! and ? Unown there!

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
The news always pour in when I'm asleep... XD
Good to know stuff, RAGE at figurines and all 493 Pokemon can follow you around?
A few people here will be VERY happy with that. :P

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Sparky

• Игра закончена
  • A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
YEAH!

I don't care much about the figurines right now; chances are they're as tiny as the Giratina one. I'm just glad Gengar can follow me around now! 8)

Offline King Reaper

• yeah
  • B-Class Hunter
  • I used to be somebody...
    • View Profile
Y'know... all these new features and stuff are cool/interesting/arousing/etc, but all in all... Nintendo had my money at the first announcement of these games.
The G/S games were my favorite in the pokemon series hands-down, and these fatures don't change the fact that this game will be in my hands within a week of it's release. Maybe. Probably. I'd count on it. Wouldn't bet money, though. Need that to pay for it.

...what?

Offline SoulAnimal

• PB's Fangirl
  • Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
My HeartGold will be here the day of the release , im preordering it nomatter what
and if i can get ym friend to preorder SS with me , yay i get free arceus  8D

*GASP* :O  :o
I CAN HAVE MY GIRATINA FOLLOW ME NOW!!!  8)

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Magic Everywhere In This Bitch
  • Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
Why do you use so many damn emotes?

Offline STM

• says you shouldn't play with your
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
I'm still debating between which version to side with. I'm leaning toward Gold as that's what I had before, similar to why I picked Leaf Green over Fire Red. However, I liked Lugia's Aeroblast much more than Ho-Oh's sacred fire, though that may be negligible due to their moves being readjusted in the generation jump between GSC and RSE.

Offline SoulAnimal

• PB's Fangirl
  • Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Why do you use so many damn emotes?

Because theyre out there to use  , duh  >0<

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
I CAN HAVE MY GIRATINA FOLLOW ME NOW!!!  8)
If the height limit allows it.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
If the height limit allows it.

What height limit?