Megaman 3D (Old Game, Still Worth Playing)

thefallenalchemist · 5608

Offline thefallenalchemist

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
on: August 16, 2013, 05:27:08 PM
I grabbed these games (Megaman 3D Pt.1 and 2) from the Yoyo Games website and wasn't expecting much, but it turned out that with a decent controller (X360) and XPadder the games are actually easier to play and are well worth the experience. Yeah, I know - A 3D Megaman game in this fashion won't appeal to everyone, but at least he did something right. The sequel is even better, as the creator created a huge Sandbox environment with vehicles and fifty robot masters.

This game only features ten, and is sort of a rough draft compared to the sequel. I uploaded a short playthrough video (and yes, Nailman uses the multi-shot, I have no idea why - especially when the other robot masters (Quickman included) behave like their incredibly annoying 2D counterparts.)

Not everyone's thing, but it's gone unmentioned and I thought I'd bring it up.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5zzQg1BKlo&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

As far as music goes, just turn the volume down. He used shitty MIDI for this game, but the soundtrack in the sequel is considerably better.

Grab it here: http://sandbox.yoyogames.com/games/122149 (The Sequel can also be found on the page's sidebar.)

Offline Joseph Collins

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: August 21, 2013, 04:48:28 AM
The following opinions should not dissuade you from giving the game a try and are simply the words of a grumpy old datahead expressing himself.  Feel free to give the game a try if you're interested.

I remember giving this a try some time ago and strongly disliking it.  The music was too loud and of extremely poor quality, the controls were not very good, most of the enemies didn't work like they were supposed to, the camera was horrible, and there were various other problems with the game I can't remember.  I think it had to install something on your computer and/or browser to run, as well.

Naw... if I want 3D Rockman action, I'll go play 8-Bit Deathmatch for a while.  It's repetitive, like all multiplayer-only games, but at least it's relatively bug-free and stays faithful to the source material.

Offline thefallenalchemist

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: August 22, 2013, 10:56:07 PM
The following opinions should not dissuade you from giving the game a try and are simply the words of a grumpy old datahead expressing himself.  Feel free to give the game a try if you're interested.

I remember giving this a try some time ago and strongly disliking it.  The music was too loud and of extremely poor quality, the controls were not very good, most of the enemies didn't work like they were supposed to, the camera was horrible, and there were various other problems with the game I can't remember.  I think it had to install something on your computer and/or browser to run, as well.

Naw... if I want 3D Rockman action, I'll go play 8-Bit Deathmatch for a while.  It's repetitive, like all multiplayer-only games, but at least it's relatively bug-free and stays faithful to the source material.

I don't remember there being a browser add-on. At least not with the recent downloads. And yeah, I'll agree with you on 8-Bit Deathmatch. Once again, the sequel vast improves on many of these things. I'll upload a video when I get a chance.