Megagirl R / ロックガール R (Official Wip Thread)

Gatuca · 270553

Offline Gatuca

• A-Class Hunter
  • Sprite Doctor
    • View Profile
wait a minute, you think the story is now ridiculous ? o-O. so much that you feel ashamed?  :'(

Here's My Facebook Account, Join the Megagirl R project http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002211482262

if you want to know my skype account, send me a PM

Offline KudosForce

• The wild card
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Will our future be good? Only the cards will tell.
    • View Profile
Well, yes. '>.>

Now, I don't mind Roll starring in her own game. Of course, the idea of a new villain is nice.

Though, in a game where Roll gets to shine, it's rather jarring to see so much pro-feminism in there, but that's acceptable. Though, the story developments get somewhat absurd, even though it's not meant to be serious (a fat Mega Man fake? :o Um, sure).

The main thing here, though, is that it's too long. Sure, you can do what you wish since it's your story, but you must know that people play Mega Man games for quick blasts of fun, not stories that lasts 3 hours. It's not an RPG, you know. Besides, you wouldn't want your audience to get fed up when they reach the ending.

If you want to do a long story, I think you might be better off doing what Blackhook did and turn the game's story into a sprite comic. That way, you might see better if people like it. Who knows? it might work out for you.

That said, I've also become disillusioned with RPM as a whole (nicer people nonwithstanding). I'm sorry to say this...:chant: I hope there's no hard feelings, rather.

Offline Gatuca

• A-Class Hunter
  • Sprite Doctor
    • View Profile
Im sorry man, you're right, i guess i should stay with the previous version of the story man :P

Now im sorry that you dont feel like contribuiting anymore man, if you dont feel like doing something you dont want, then i cant force you, i apologize for my part if i did dissapoint you too

i appreciate that you have helped me i the past, and, whatever i do with the story, i want you to still give you credit for the story, if you like to accept it man.

Here's My Facebook Account, Join the Megagirl R project http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002211482262

Offline KudosForce

• The wild card
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Will our future be good? Only the cards will tell.
    • View Profile
Well then, I'm glad to hear it. This lifts a burden off my shoulders, I'd have to say.

Also, I do forgive you. :) I feel a bit disappointed, yes, but that's natural. After all, everyone's good at some things, but no one is good at everything.

As for giving me credit...Well, perhaps a spot in the "Special Thanks" section will have to do. ;)

On that note, fight for everlasting peace, Gatuca!

Offline Gatuca

• A-Class Hunter
  • Sprite Doctor
    • View Profile
puff, well then, i did delete the post contained the "screwed version" of the script.

also, i did repost a link to Dr. Witty Picture, cause i did some small fixing to her eyes.

http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=14534601

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Say, can I have a shot at Lady Wit (Well, I'll have a better time calling her that instead of Dr. Witty if you don't mind)? Hopefully she'll fit the NES height, since she's almost mostly purple, and I won't have to worry about the color limit.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Gatuca

• A-Class Hunter
  • Sprite Doctor
    • View Profile
Say, can I have a shot at Lady Wit (Well, I'll have a better time calling her that instead of Dr. Witty if you don't mind)? Hopefully she'll fit the NES height, since she's almost mostly purple, and I won't have to worry about the color limit.

Sure of Course men, im looking foward to that :P

Posted on: November 13, 2010, 10:38:16 PM

Posted on: November 15, 2010, 12:19:30 AM

Like Mother, Like Daughter :P

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Sure of Course men,

*looks to the left, then looks to the right* Uhh, whoops. The Cloning Machine must'a have been left on again.

And it does look like more to the artwork than mine, but in the artwork.. where did the silver legs come from? and why isin't she wearing the boots in the sprites?

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Gatuca

• A-Class Hunter
  • Sprite Doctor
    • View Profile
The silver legs were supposed to be..........well, Pantyhoses o//////o

and i dint add the boots to the sprites :P

Offline MrBaryl

• A new Shooting Star.
  • B-Class Hunter
  • "Everything for you"
    • View Profile
Can I sprite her as well? The design rocks.

Offline Gatuca

• A-Class Hunter
  • Sprite Doctor
    • View Profile
Can I sprite her as well? The design rocks.

Sure of Course you can, looking foward to see it.

in Fact, you dont even had to ask me for permission for do your own takes on my characters, just do it and show it, cause im not sure to respond to you guys right sway :P

Offline DarkSaturn

• Net Navi
  • Run Little puppy!!! Run!!!
    • View Profile
*Looking at the 2 models*
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL  >0<  
Sorry i can't stop laughing... Eeeh ... Eeeh... LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL AAAAAAH I'M GOING TO CRY OF THE LAUGH..... UGHH  :'(
SORRY it's just ... ugh

BANANA INVASION IS COMING!!! OMG RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!!! ToT                                                                                                                                       

Offline MrBaryl

• A new Shooting Star.
  • B-Class Hunter
  • "Everything for you"
    • View Profile

Offline Gatuca

• A-Class Hunter
  • Sprite Doctor
    • View Profile
http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=14953842

well, i did some minor fixing to the artworks of Volcano and Taichi, because i felt they dint seem right enough, specially Taichi.

Offline Karasai♪

• Absolutely Fabulous.
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
She reminds me of Envy from that Scott Pilgrim game

Offline Gatuca

• A-Class Hunter
  • Sprite Doctor
    • View Profile
hey guys, hmm, i dont know if you already know this, but im experimenting with the Engine of Tesserex, wich so far is decent for building levels and editing tiles, but i cant get the actual game to work to test the level im building  ;^;

but one thing for sure, when this engine is more stable, and has more options, ill will start programming the levels of this game.

oh BTW, im redoing Volcano Woman tiles once again, but i have not plan to show them yet, cause i want to finish the level, so i can send Tesserex the files of the stage so he can load them into his version of the engine.

Offline Karasai♪

• Absolutely Fabulous.
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
I just noticed.....

Is Virtual Man suppost to be the Forte of Megagirl R?

Offline Gatuca

• A-Class Hunter
  • Sprite Doctor
    • View Profile
I just noticed.....

Is Virtual Man suppost to be the Forte of Megagirl R?

nope, that's supposed to be Waltz, Virtual Man was a Joke-character i made for the game, in the style of Dan Hibiki of SFA.

Posted on: December 11, 2010, 05:29:36 AM
well, if i dint have enough problems with the engine, turns out that because it is in early phase, i can relocate the files for the tiles (the PNG), the tileset editor file and the maps into other files, i tried it doesnt work, i tried to import it into a copy of the directory where i got the engine (with all the files duplicated) and i cant load the relocated map, so my guess is that i need to restart again from scratch, i have the tiles i made.

why im a telling this on this treadh?, well consideirng i need to redone this level from scratch, i made a snap version one part of the level i did have made, so yes, im going toshow it to you guys, and use it as reference to star again, dang it  :|

[spoiler]http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/4830/vcwmp1.png

a few notes, please forgive the mouse cursors, i dont do this type of snaps very often, and as you can see, i am stickin with megaman for now, because the engine has that as the main character, sure i can swap the sprites with roll, but i think could be better to wait until the engine is fully polished for either replace the main character, or add additional playable characters what is up to Tesserex or course.[/spoiler]

Magma tiles belong to Nebula Black

Offline Karasai♪

• Absolutely Fabulous.
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
nope, that's supposed to be Waltz, Virtual Man was a Joke-character i made for the game, in the style of Dan Hibiki of SFA.

Posted on: December 11, 2010, 05:29:36 AM
well, if i dint have enough problems with the engine, turns out that because it is in early phase, i can relocate the files for the tiles (the PNG), the tileset editor file and the maps into other files, i tried it doesnt work, i tried to import it into a copy of the directory where i got the engine (with all the files duplicated) and i cant load the relocated map, so my guess is that i need to restart again from scratch, i have the tiles i made.

why im a telling this on this treadh?, well consideirng i need to redone this level from scratch, i made a snap version one part of the level i did have made, so yes, im going toshow it to you guys, and use it as reference to star again, dang it  :|

[spoiler]http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/4830/vcwmp1.png

a few notes, please forgive the mouse cursors, i dont do this type of snaps very often, and as you can see, i am stickin with megaman for now, because the engine has that as the main character, sure i can swap the sprites with roll, but i think could be better to wait until the engine is fully polished for either replace the main character, or add additional playable characters what is up to Tesserex or course.[/spoiler]

Magma tiles belong to Nebula Black

So Virtual Man is....... "Proto Man?"

Offline Tesserex

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Nooo don't start from scratch! If you want to just transport all the level files (including tileset) into another project, it's possible, just not with the editor - yet.

Open the game.xml file (in a plain text editor like notepad) where you want to add the map. There's a section that looks like:

<Stages>
    <Stage name="Blah" path="blah\blah" />
    ... More ...
</Stages>

Just copy a line for a stage, change the name, and adjust the path to be the folder of the stage you want, wherever you placed it relative to the game.xml file. I'm going to have to put this feature into the editor soon.

You'll then have to go back into the editor and add the stage into the stage select, or that can be done in the xml file directly as well, but you probably don't want to do that.

Offline Gatuca

• A-Class Hunter
  • Sprite Doctor
    • View Profile
well i did just that, and i was able to relocate the files and i cant edit what i have already again  :P

to bad i still can run the actual game, in fact, i just discovered that i cant install anymore Direct X9, it marks me the error log of one DLL file, so i give up, im only going to beign able to construct the levels, but not exactly play them myself.

however once i done some changes to the level and create more tiles, if Tesserex gives me permission, i will upload a version of his engine with the contrsucted level of Volcano Woman, so you can test it and tell me what could been improved.

BTW, is theer a limit for how many tiles i can create for the tileset, cause i think i have around 70  o-O

Offline Tesserex

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
No I didn't put in any limit to what you can do. Have as many tiles as you want. And feel free to upload whatever you want, the engine is free.

Offline MrBaryl

• A new Shooting Star.
  • B-Class Hunter
  • "Everything for you"
    • View Profile
Hmm, the level looks too basic, needs more spikes or bottomless pits of doom.

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Hmm, the level looks too basic, needs more spikes or bottomless pits of doom.
You forgot Dissappearing blocks

Offline Gatuca

• A-Class Hunter
  • Sprite Doctor
    • View Profile
Reply #624 on: January 19, 2011, 09:34:10 PM
Not sure if you guys already did fix the tileset problem Tesserex talk in his treadh, either way i like your comments about the stage.

1.-No Yoku Blocks Wont be in this stage
2.-The Stage is only at less than 1/3 part, id say the stages are gonna be pretty longer, so yeah, i need to add more bottom pits, but i dont plan to abuse on many spikes, i dont want to end on the "Kaizo" tendency :P

Posted on: December 18, 2010, 04:23:46 AM
New Update...sorta!

http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=16044409

Ill Put effort on this one, tell me what do you think?