Mega Man Starbound - Galaxy's Champion

Yoku Man · 188305

Offline Cherrykorock

• Dr Light's other creation
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Zero can divide by Zero.
    • View Profile
Reply #200 on: April 01, 2012, 12:45:31 PM
Alright I know this might sound either really dumb or really lame but I had an idea, what if Megaman could fire a charge shot from his fist after he launched it? I mean I know full well he was given the fist so that he had a fighting chance but still. I think it would be a cool upgrade. =]

Also due to lack of time progress on my sketches is slow, I may have one or two sometime tommorrow afternoon. Maybe. Sorry I have been taking so long but I do work 48 hours a week now XD.

Offline RetroRespecter

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #201 on: April 01, 2012, 08:32:25 PM
I just thought of a name for your Mega Mania-styled fangame (actually there are a few):
  • Mega Man VI: Return of Ra Moon
  • Mega Man VI: Vengeance of the Stardroids
  • Mega Man VI: Ra Moon Rising
  • Mega Man VI (Since the GB and GBA are discontinued)

Offline Yoku Man

• Robot Master of Yoku Blocks.
  • Resistance Member
  • "Don't Trust Your Eyes, Trust Mine."
    • View Profile
Reply #202 on: April 01, 2012, 08:49:34 PM
Alright I know this might sound either really dumb or really lame but I had an idea, what if Megaman could fire a charge shot from his fist after he launched it? I mean I know full well he was given the fist so that he had a fighting chance but still. I think it would be a cool upgrade. =]

Sounds cool, yeh could be something you get in the shop, similar to the CL Power Up that allows you to grab and attack the enemy over and over, or the MH Power Up that allows you to grab an item from far away.

This one could shoot out like the regular Mega Arm and then shoot a Charge Shot after it recoils.

I just thought of a name for your Mega Mania-styled fangame (actually there are a few):
  • Mega Man VI: Return of Ra Moon
  • Mega Man VI: Vengeance of the Stardroids
  • Mega Man VI: Ra Moon Rising
  • Mega Man VI (Since the GB and GBA are discontinued)

I was gonna go with Mega Man: Starbound.

But I hear there is a game called Starbound coming out soon.  I dunno if I'll keep the VI or not, it is a sequel to V, but a fangame having a numeric seems kinda corny and typical. We learned that the hard way with Mega Man 10. Who knows, they may decide to continue the gameboy games on 3DS, you never know!

I think I'll do the smart thing, like a good writer should do, and wait till the game is finished before deciding on a name. The themes, the story and the characters will inspire one once I've developed it more.

Offline N-Mario

• Video Game Veteran
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Video Game Veteran
    • View Profile
    • N-Mario's Gaming Universe
Reply #203 on: April 01, 2012, 09:13:05 PM
In all honesty, fan games should have their own sub titles like MegaMan Starbound, while the official games stick with the numbers. ;)

Offline KudosForce

• The wild card
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Will our future be good? Only the cards will tell.
    • View Profile
Reply #204 on: April 01, 2012, 09:42:33 PM
In all honesty, fan games should have their own sub titles like MegaMan Starbound, while the official games stick with the numbers. ;)

That didn't stop the Mother 4 crew...

Offline RetroRespecter

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #205 on: April 01, 2012, 11:45:27 PM
May I suggest something for a cutscene?

Ahem...

Dr. Light: Mega Man, I have some upsetting and urgent news. I have discovered through the telescopic view on the Moon that the Stardroids have returned in force. They seem to be looking for something on the Moon itself. That means that it cannot be good for anyone. You must stop them before they achieve their goals. I have fitted you again with the Mega Arm because it is the only offense against the Stardroids' defense and Auto has set up shop in the Right Labs Space Station. If you find any Bolts, sends them Auto's way and he will surely upgrade you and your companions. Hurry, Mega Man! Time is of the essence!

Offline Yoku Man

• Resistance Member
    • View Profile
Reply #206 on: April 03, 2012, 06:11:40 PM
I've coloured the select few enemies I wish to return in my fangame. These are the few that could mix with the themes of the Constellation Stardroids and also remind the player that these are alien robot enemies, part of the Stardroids growing army. So you would be fighting some familiar foes among the new ones.

Offline IQ-0

• Ice Queen Zero
  • Resistance Member
  • Friendship Advisory - Magical Content
    • View Profile
    • 1CC Gaming
Reply #207 on: April 03, 2012, 09:42:18 PM
I'm working on Shadowman. I had started it and messed up.

Offline Yoku Man

• Resistance Member
    • View Profile
Reply #208 on: April 04, 2012, 02:20:32 AM
May I suggest something for a cutscene?

Ahem...

Dr. Light: Mega Man, I have some upsetting and urgent news. I have discovered through the telescopic view on the Moon that the Stardroids have returned in force. They seem to be looking for something on the Moon itself. That means that it cannot be good for anyone. You must stop them before they achieve their goals. I have fitted you again with the Mega Arm because it is the only offense against the Stardroids' defense and Auto has set up shop in the Right Labs Space Station. If you find any Bolts, sends them Auto's way and he will surely upgrade you and your companions. Hurry, Mega Man! Time is of the essence!

Due to the nature of the story. Mega Man will be cut off from his family after the intro level. He'll be on the other side of the universe, with no means of contacting Dr Light. So he won't be able to get help from Auto and his shop either.

I'm planning on Mega Man making new friends and allies. They will be the ones giving the advice and equipment to Mega Man as he progresses. They'll have their own shop, the same deal as with Dr Lights lab in IV and V.

What I haven't decided yet is how exactly he gets trapped there and how the Moon is involved. I just know I liked your idea about it flashing in different colours and it peeking the interest of Dr Light, asking Mega Man to go investigate.

Offline KudosForce

• The wild card
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #209 on: April 04, 2012, 03:10:17 AM
What I haven't decided yet is how exactly he gets trapped there and how the Moon is involved. I just know I liked your idea about it flashing in different colours and it peeking the interest of Dr Light, asking Mega Man to go investigate.

Well then, I have a suggestion that may interest you, regarding that particular element of the plot.

How about having a dimensional portal placed near the dark side of the moon, which the Constellation Stardroids use to travel through for their possible invasion, like the one seen in Interstella 5555 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjli3hj0ZkM&ob=av2e)? It could work as a homage to that, too.  

Offline Yoku Man

• Resistance Member
    • View Profile
Reply #210 on: April 04, 2012, 04:10:29 AM
Well then, I have a suggestion that may interest you, regarding that particular element of the plot.

How about having a dimensional portal placed near the dark side of the moon, which the Constellation Stardroids use to travel through for their possible invasion, like the one seen in Interstella 5555 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjli3hj0ZkM&ob=av2e)? It could work as a homage to that, too.  

I was contemplating some sort of portal. But perhaps this is how the goodguys call for help from Mega Man. Perhaps the moon changing colours is the way their technology can create portals and give out distress calls or something.

This time the Stardroids aren't after just Earth, but they have been reawakened to finish their true purpose, to destroy the entire universe, and perhaps the people that Mega Man befriends are the ones who beckon him through the portal to their side of the universe. They would have heard of his previous victory over the Stardroids and wish for his assistance in defeating this new invasion in their sector of the universe.

There are no characters yet, I haven't thought that far ahead, but I'm thinking of making some new alien races, perhaps a kind of united planetary organisation, whoever Duo works for, as an intergalactic police officer.

Posted on: April 04, 2012, 01:45:40 AM
Funny enough, there is one character that has potential in this story. I invented her quite a long time ago for another project. Her name was Duet, and quite simply she was going to be a love interest for Mega Man. I kind of lost interest in that fangame idea after Rokko Chan came out (as she turned out to be an exact clone of how I imagined Duet). But now that I put two and two together, Duo and Duet...

Perhaps there could be a connection. I could totally redesign the character of Duet to fit this story and still make use of the name. Always fun to have musical puns for characters in the Mega Man Universe.

I was thinking about a leader: an empress or princess. Duet could be that character.

Offline Yoku Man

• Resistance Member
    • View Profile
Reply #211 on: April 04, 2012, 08:22:57 PM
For anyone who is interested, I have the sounds ripped.
http://gcnmario.free.fr/mm-gb-sounds.zip
Most of the .WAV are recorded sounds from the game unaltered, with the other sound channels disabled. So if you want to use them as .WAV you're going to need to fix them.
The .OGG files are all fixed, ready for use in the game. Though I saved the 'meow' fixed version for both OGG and WAV for those who prefer the wav version.

There are a few sounds labeled -1channel after the name in some of these. I didn't realize some of the sounds use 2 sound channels of the 4 channels used in GB games when I started recording them. The yoku block sound effect is more noticeable with this one.

Not sure its every single one in existance, but it's the ones that we'll probably be using for fan games and such.

I think there are still a few sounds missing. Off the top of my head, there is still the charge shot blast sound (used for Mega Buster and Mega Arm), the boss door sound effect, the wily saucer sound effect.... I'm sure theres still more. I think I'll replay IV and V and see what else is needed.

Offline N-Mario

• Video Game Veteran
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Video Game Veteran
    • View Profile
Reply #212 on: April 04, 2012, 08:37:32 PM
Yea I forgot to get the charge blast sound. X_X
I'll record it and then update the archive. Like I said, it's not every sound recorded there in MM GB existence. Just the ones I have recorded by far. XD

Offline KudosForce

• The wild card
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #213 on: April 04, 2012, 10:56:20 PM
Funny enough, there is one character that has potential in this story. I invented her quite a long time ago for another project. Her name was Duet, and quite simply she was going to be a love interest for Mega Man. I kind of lost interest in that fangame idea after Rokko Chan came out (as she turned out to be an exact clone of how I imagined Duet). But now that I put two and two together, Duo and Duet...

Perhaps there could be a connection. I could totally redesign the character of Duet to fit this story and still make use of the name. Always fun to have musical puns for characters in the Mega Man Universe.

I was thinking about a leader: an empress or princess. Duet could be that character.

Nice to see that you've repurposed her. Before this happened, I thought she was going to be a Mary Sue.

Offline N-Mario

• Video Game Veteran
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Video Game Veteran
    • View Profile
Reply #214 on: April 04, 2012, 11:11:20 PM
Okay I have updated the sound archive with more sound effects ripped. :)

Offline RetroRespecter

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #215 on: April 05, 2012, 12:17:26 AM
Can you guys give the game's full story? It better help with the cutscenes. I don't want to risk getting it wrong again.

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #216 on: April 05, 2012, 03:20:39 AM
The ending should be a surprise tho (not to be revealed yet). And have some kind of twist. XD

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline KudosForce

• The wild card
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #217 on: April 05, 2012, 04:04:43 AM
*reads spoilers*

Er, okay, I'm not sure about following this project anymore.  '>.>

*quietly slinks away*

Offline N-Mario

• Video Game Veteran
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Video Game Veteran
    • View Profile
Reply #218 on: April 05, 2012, 05:15:26 AM
Yea stories for video games should not be revealed online until the game is out. ESP. the ending. ;)

Anyway, I updated the sound archive with ProtoMan's whistle, bouncing (from the MM-III GB wily mid boss), and big enemy stomping. :)

Offline Splash

• B-Class Hunter
  • Something here?
    • View Profile
Reply #219 on: April 05, 2012, 02:06:02 PM
*Read spoiler*
[spoiler]Will MegaMan have chargable rapid-fire eight-direction buster? 8D[/spoiler]

http://quickmaster-exe.deviantart.com/
I like to draw... NOT!
Seriously.

Offline fifthindependent

• Pretentious Bastard
  • Net Navi
    • View Profile
    • Fifth Independent
Reply #220 on: April 05, 2012, 04:57:25 PM
[spoiler]Yeah... I don't know if I like the fact that Bass dies here.  I know he probably has to die at some point since he's MIA in the X series, but yeah.   X(  I'mma still follow this game however.[/spoiler]

Offline RetroRespecter

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #221 on: April 05, 2012, 05:03:52 PM
Who is Nova?

Offline Yoku Man

• Resistance Member
    • View Profile
Reply #222 on: April 06, 2012, 02:36:01 AM
*Read spoiler*
[spoiler]Will MegaMan have chargable rapid-fire eight-direction buster? 8D[/spoiler]

[spoiler]He'll have something quite similar along those lines, yep. ;)[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Yeah... I don't know if I like the fact that Bass dies here.  I know he probably has to die at some point since he's MIA in the X series, but yeah.   X(  I'mma still follow this game however.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]I'm contemplating the possibility of doing a similar move like the Transformers Movie did with Megatron. Unicron transformed him into Galvatron. I think after Bass is destroyed, his remains may be recovered and he'll be transformed into a new greater foe. Someone who be open to return at the end of the story.[/spoiler]

Who is Nova?

Nova, quite simply is this fangames new arch enemy of Mega Man. The greatest evil Mega Man will ever face, the source of the Evil Energy that Duo has been hunting for many years. He is also the creator of Ra Moon and the Stardroids. He appears to have the gift of foresight and seems to hold some huge grudge against organic life.
He also created Sunstar and has also made several other doomsday weapons and placed them in strategic points in the universe as part of some master plan to eradicate all life.
Other than that I have no other idea who he is at present, no designs and concepts except what I just described.

Offline Karasai♪

• Absolutely Fabulous.
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #223 on: April 06, 2012, 03:00:33 AM
[spoiler]Bass noooooooooooooooooo

You should at least have it where Bass is so injured that it'll kill him and he ends up sacrificing himself for Mega Man

"I told you Mega Man, I'll be the one to defeat you...."

and then he explodes or fights Nova and dies[/spoiler]

Offline RetroRespecter

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #224 on: April 06, 2012, 03:06:52 AM
Wait a second! Something has come up...

After the defeat of the first wave of Stardroids, the 3 antagonists (Nova, Ra Moon, and Rigel) should be debating on whether Mega Man is considered a true threat to their master plans for universal destruction. However, during the dialect the alarms go off all over wherever they are holed up. Rigel turns off the alarms and all three check the viewscreen. It shows that Mega Man has breached their headquarters. Rigel is sent to intercept and she guarantees that Mega Man will not pass her in one piece.

[spoiler]May I suggest that they be shown as shadow? There is no point in showing what they really look like this early, does it?[/spoiler]