Yoku Man · 272620

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #475 on: July 17, 2013, 06:57:28 PM
http://www.twitch.tv/vixynyan

Expect a lot of deaths and other failures. >U<

Having seen snippets of your playthrough, I would like to point out that you may want to consider using Nail Shield to nullify all of Bass projectiles, and several of Wily's. Alternating it with the Comet Dash, or just shooting the nails at him does wonders.

why is Megaman completely unable to fight after losing his arm?

Ask Day of Sigma X and X5 Zero.

Yep because other fangames are totally in line with megaman canon.

As your resident encyclopedia, I can affirm that MMU doesn't really clash with established canon in any way. It's just a lot of redundancy, forced connectivity and fan-pandering, is all.

Offline thefallenalchemist

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #476 on: July 17, 2013, 07:30:37 PM
Yep because other fangames are totally in line with megaman canon.

Well, I kind of thought that this one in particular, since Capcom had some part in it during the beginning stages; would have tried to stick to canon. It looked like they were really trying to make a MM10 that connects to X, but they screwed it up because... [spoiler]Megaman fights Zero, which would entail him knowing who Zero is at the beginning of the highway stage in MMX. Since that doesn't happen, and X doesn't appear to be amnesiac - it kills the connection. I mean, we all know that Protoman and Zero have some sort of connection, so it would've been more interesting to fight an upgraded version of Protoman/Zero Beta. That way, the player can see how A becomes B.[/spoiler] well, you'll have to play the game.

Besides, I strongly doubt that Capcom will make another game in the series. I've heard it said that Capcom is tired of Megaman because he doesn't speak to the new generation (God forbid.) Yet again, Capcom seems to be wanting to cash cow on fighters and shooters these days, which you can't blame them; because these games sell and the Megaman community is a small niche compared to the meatheads who want to play FPS and online fighters to become MLG pro's and whatnot.

Megaman is a casualty of the corporate gaming age. Gaming used to be a thing that not everyone did. It was something that was very niche, very cult. I remember talking to people who didn't play games. They existed. But now, even grandma's playing Angry Birds and games fill up a great deal of our lives. Games are made by large companies for profit in the same way that movies and music are. No one really does art for art's sake and this is why I think Capcom will either ruin the series with some new-gen bullshit, or retire it altogether. Of course, there's also a possible combination of the two.

Three canceled games, a piggyback on a fanmade, (because it's easier to celebrate two franchises and not have to do the work yourself and not have to pay a penny to those who worked on it - typical American business system) and a couple of t-shirts. This was all done by Capcom.

Think about it. If Capcom still cared about Megaman, they would've cared about either of those three potentially successful and marketable Megaman games. Legends 3 would've skyrocketed in sales, The Online game would've reached out to a large niche, and the mature MMX shooter would have made a great deal of money as well. All three of these plus Megaman Universe (which would've been a blast) were great money-making activities. The CEO of Capcom needs his head examined. Resident Evil has swelled to an ungodly amount, while Megaman is in the dust.

I'll continue playing non-canonical fangames and just be glad I've got a Megaman game to play, I guess. I'm not getting any younger. It wouldn't surprise me if the series went down after all these years.

Let's go to Capcom's website. What do we find?

Japan: Advertising Monster Hunter (Two new games apparently) and Phoenix Wright 5.

USA: Remember Me, Lost Planet 3, Resident Evil Revelations.

3 games targeted to mature audiences. The Niche is Ducktales Remastered. That should explain everything. Capcom has fogotten about the Blue Bomber completey in favor of newer titles.

EDIT: Updated from MMU FB Page:

Phil here to tell you what we have in mind for a future update:
- Fix the more annoying bugs.
- Minor tweaks to some of the stages to make them a bit less punishing and improve their designs.
- Easy Mode you can select when you start the game to reduce damage of enemies, save between Wily stages and make some of the gimmicks easier to deal with (Example: longer delay before a Laser fires in RainbowMan stage.) Also we'll see if the checkpoints of Wily Stages can be moved before the bosses in Easy Mode.
Now I hope you understand that we are all pretty tired and we need to test such new features so I can't tell when the update will be available but just to let you know, we're thinking about it.
- Phil

Not going to play it until easy mode.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #477 on: July 17, 2013, 07:38:39 PM
Well, I kind of thought that this one in particular, since Capcom had some part in it during the beginning stages.

No, they didn't.

I'm not even going to go over the rest of your post because its pretty much just Gaia levels of nonsensicality and rambling. Please stop and think about what you are saying since none of it, especially the stuff in the spoiler (because its all wrong) makes any sense.

Of course you could just be an elaborate troll feigning stupidity, in which case I say knock it the [tornado fang] off because it doesn't win you any points with anybody.

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #478 on: July 17, 2013, 07:47:53 PM
No, they didn't.

I'm not even going to go over the rest of your post because its pretty much just Gaia levels of nonsensicality and rambling. Please stop and think about what you are saying since none of it, especially the stuff in the spoiler (because its all wrong) makes any sense.

Of course you could just be an elaborate troll feigning stupidity, in which case I say knock it the [tornado fang] off because it doesn't win you any points with anybody.

Alright, then prove me wrong. What is Capcom doing with Megaman right now? Tell me. I've been a fan of the series for ages. I've watched and kept my eyes out for any new announcements, but all I see is disappointment. Yes, I know that Megaman is their mascot (along with Ryu) but you can't deny that Capcom is pushing out mature titled games here in the US in order to reach that market.

I could've sworn that Capcom sent Phil two letters regarding the game. He showed them the work to some extent. There's no telling whether or not they gave him a pointer or two, even though it's speculation.

Also, tell me what I have wrong? What do you know, that I don't? I don't have much access to the net, but when I get online I do check up things related to Megaman and other niche franchises. Are you telling me that I'm wrong about these cancellations? I remember watching the trailers for Megaman X Online. These made me melt with anticipation. I hate MMO's but I'd have played that one. Same thing with the shooter, which had help from the guys behind Metroid Prime. These games got shelved, Legends 3 got shelved and Universe got shelved - even though it got the Megas some promotion before they faded into the mist... right along with the game. Ironic.

Oh, and as for that IPAD game... not even going to go there.

I'm not some kind of troll, I guess I just literally don't know what you guys do. Anyone care to enlighten me?

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #479 on: July 17, 2013, 07:52:58 PM
If spoiler not troll, go play the old games and pay attention to their story before complaining about not getting a sequel.

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #480 on: July 17, 2013, 08:07:30 PM
If spoiler not troll, go play the old games and pay attention to their story before complaining about not getting a sequel.

Finished Megaman 10. Roboenza cure, Wily runs off.

Finished (and own) Megaman X8. Lumine beaten, leads off on a text based cliff-hanger.

Finished Megaman Zero 4. Haven't finished the Megaman ZX games yet. 

Again, what am I missing?

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #481 on: July 17, 2013, 08:11:36 PM
Alright, then prove me wrong. What is Capcom doing with Megaman right now? Tell me.

I'm not going to prove you wrong because you are right about the neglect, but your post is not to the point. Its literally just rambling. Especially at these parts that I've so lovingly extracted from the nonsense. Bolded areas being the bits that didn't need to be said or are nonsensical. My notes will be in italics.

Yet again, Capcom seems to be wanting to cash cow on fighters and shooters these days, which you can't blame them; because these games sell and the Megaman community is a small niche compared to the meatheads who want to play FPS and online fighters to become MLG pro's and whatnot. I don't have any comments for this except that its a completely random tangent with the MLG thing.

Megaman is a casualty of the corporate gaming age. Gaming used to be a thing that not everyone did. I see a bit of now its popular and its no good anymore. It was something that was very niche, very cult. Yeah, the NES and Atari 2600 were way cult and not at all successful in the mainstream. I remember talking to people who didn't play games. They existed. But now, even grandma's playing Angry Birds and games fill up a great deal of our lives. You know your life is [parasitic bomb] when its filled up a great deal by grandmas who play angry birds, what are you getting at here? Games are made by large companies for profit in the same way that movies and music are. were they ever not? No one really does art for art's sake and this is why I think Capcom will either ruin the series with some new-gen bullshit, or retire it altogether. New-Gen bullshit? You mean *gasp* innovation? Naw [tornado fang] that [parasitic bomb] we gotta have nothing but [tornado fang]ing 8-bit rehashes all day everyday. Of course, there's also a possible combination of the two. are you seriously saying they'll retire the series and "ruin" it with new-gen bullshit at the same time?

Three canceled games, a piggyback on a fanmade, (because it's easier to celebrate two franchises and not have to do the work yourself and not have to pay a penny to those who worked on it - typical American business system Capcom of Japan was the ones behind the cancellations, and what's wrong with an official endorsement? Granted SFxMM wasn't really good but whatever.) and a couple of t-shirts. This was all done by Capcom. Yeah how dare they sell merchandise, shame on them.

Think about it. If Capcom still cared about Megaman, they would've cared about either of those three potentially successful and marketable Megaman games. Legends 3 would've skyrocketed in sales Except no because 3DS only and a sequel to a niche series that didn't even sell that well on the Playstation., The Online game would've reached out to a large niche You mean Korea since they were pretty much the only ones getting it., and the mature MMX shooter would have made a great deal of money as well Weren't you just saying something about shooters and New-Gen Bullshit? You really wanted another homogenous shooter game with a megaman skin? Really?. All three of these plus Megaman Universe (which would've been a blast) were great money-making activities. Except they obviously weren't because they didn't make money on any of them. The CEO of Capcom needs his head examined. Yeah okay i'll give you the point on how Capcom is shittily managed, especially after Ono burned out, but that's not the point of this. Resident Evil has swelled to an ungodly amount, while Megaman is in the dust. Because like it or not Resident Evil sells, and from what I hear Revalations is a return to form after 5 and 6 were homogenized third-person shooters.

One last thing, using a bright, painful to look at blue color for text on a message board that's entire theme is blue? Just use white text like any normal person.

Posted on: July 17, 2013, 01:10:09 PM
Finished Megaman 10. Roboenza cure, Wily runs off.

Finished (and own) Megaman X8. Lumine beaten, leads off on a text based cliff-hanger.

Finished Megaman Zero 4. Haven't finished the Megaman ZX games yet. 

Again, what am I missing?

Megaman X and Megaman are not the same character.

Protoman and Zero have no connections.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #482 on: July 17, 2013, 08:24:32 PM
Good [parasitic bomb].

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #483 on: July 17, 2013, 08:45:22 PM
First of all, I don't buy that gaming was as popular then as it is now. I've been around for close to thirty years and grew up with the Atari 2600 and classic NES. It wasn't something that everyone did. There were a lot of people who would never even touch a game before the advent of mobile gaming. I'm telling you, come to the south - there are people out in the sticks who never even knew what a game was. Well, maybe Monopoly.

I get upset at the MLG thing, because I don't think that gaming should be a sport and I don't agree that games should be as militaristic as of late. But I don't like playing games online in any facet. If the Megaman X game was a bland vanilla shooter (but it didn't appear that way from what I saw) then so be it. It would've sucked. When I say "new-gen" I mean like the turn from platformer to portable RPG like the Battle Network/Star Force series, of which I'm not a fan. The closest "innovation" I've seen yet is that [acid burst]-poor Megaman X mobile game, where X has a dead squirrel around his neck and a sword. (Why does X need a sword?) I also think they tried to mix some Fire Emblem elements into it? At any case, it's odd.

Yes X Online was Korea, but if it had done well it might have ported.

I didn't mean that they'd retire and do next-gen bs, I meant that they would do next gen bs, it would fail tremendously or become a hit with people outside it's core (like Bioshock Inifnite with more COD elements) and they would either retire the series because it bombed, or some of the fans would leave in favor of the new crowd. This already happened with Bioshock.

Alright, so maybe Protoman and Zero aren't the same person - but what happens to Protoman and Bass in the X series? I'm not going to call Bass Dynamo either, even though there's a vague resemblance. This is what I've been waiting to be filled in. What happens between MM and X and what happens between X and MMZ. After that, I've lost interest in the timeline. Maybe that's what Phil wanted to do, to put [spoiler]zero[/spoiler] in there, but I just think it was a bad move.

Megaman and Megaman X are the same person. Dr.Light puts Megaman in the capsule after having given him the chip that allows robots to think and feel like human beings. Or did you forget the intro movie to Megaman X? Good gravy, I even remember some of the X-Hunters talking about "his archaic weapons." Several mavericks and even Sigma have referred to him as old, a relic even. He's probably the oldest robot in the X timeline.

But it's kind of foolish to talk about things like this. Whatever the case, the game was made and we'll have to deal with it the way it is. I'll play through it and accept the story I get.

Yeah, I won't use the blue text anymore. Didn't realize it was that big of a deal.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #484 on: July 17, 2013, 08:53:23 PM
Megaman and Megaman X are the same person. Dr.Light puts Megaman in the capsule after having given him the chip that allows robots to think and feel like human beings. Or did you forget the intro movie to Megaman X? Good gravy, I even remember some of the X-Hunters talking about "his archaic weapons." Several mavericks and even Sigma have referred to him as old, a relic even. He's probably the oldest robot in the X timeline.

Okay, now that you've said this I'm giving up on you. You clearly don't know what you are talking about or are an elaborate troll, I mean you even think OVER-1 is X and you have no idea what XOver even plays like with the Fire Emblem thing.

This already happened with Bioshock.

What happened? That they made a different game that still stuck to the Bioshock universe but had more emphasis on the action instead of the horror? It was probably far better that Infinite wasn't in Rapture a third time, it was already explored twice and didn't need to be rehashed again.

You want to talk about games that get the so called "CoD Elements" added in, Dead Rising 3 should be your target, not Bioshock.

I don't think there's anything left for me to say.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #485 on: July 17, 2013, 08:55:25 PM
next thing you'll say is that Zero killed everyone in the classic series.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Da Dood

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Dood Trigger!
    • View Profile
Reply #486 on: July 17, 2013, 08:57:30 PM
Megaman and Megaman X are the same person.

Because they're both blue?

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #487 on: July 17, 2013, 09:11:00 PM
Okay, now that you've said this I'm giving up on you. You clearly don't know what you are talking about or are an elaborate troll, I mean you even think OVER-1 is X and you have no idea what XOver even plays like with the Fire Emblem thing.

What happened? That they made a different game that still stuck to the Bioshock universe but had more emphasis on the action instead of the horror? It was probably far better that Infinite wasn't in Rapture a third time, it was already explored twice and didn't need to be rehashed again.

You want to talk about games that get the so called "CoD Elements" added in, Dead Rising 3 should be your target, not Bioshock.

I don't think there's anything left for me to say.

No X-Over is different, but is that not the "innovation" you were talking about? Nope, haven't played X-Over with the Fire Emblem thing. Don't care to.

As for Bioshock, let's go back. I remember when the game was called System Shock, and more importantly a title called System Shock 2. fear was the main factor of the game, considered one of the most frightening games ever made for the time. Play it, if you haven't. Bioshock did everything that this game did and better. It was on a much larger scale and terror was everywhere.

Yes, I liked the idea of the floating continent. I hated Bioshock 2 because it was a damn rehash. Infinite was a true sequel. My friend and I both eagerly anticipated it, having recently gotten him into the first Bioshock. But as soon as he heard that he was going to gear it to the COD audience, he was done with it. A fan of traditional Quake and UT, he considered the new age of shooters horrible. Bioshock Inifinite should have never been about action. It should have been in the vein of the last one, which is why people liked it. The game was art come to life, with a powerful story. Also, i've heard that if you press the F key, the girl just gives you whatever ammo and health you need. How much fun is that?

But this doesn't contain to the Megaman Universe, so I won't speak of it anymore on this board. As far as I've read from the Wikia, Zero caught the virus from being inside the capsule that Dr.Wily sealed him in. I always thought it was the X4 fight movie with Sigma, but that comes from the official bio. And why would I say that Zero killed everyone in the MM series? For all I know, Jesus might have come back and said to the robots "sorry, you're not human." lol.

In all seriousness, my guess is that all the humans just died off. [tornado fang] knows what happened to Bass, Roll, Proto, Eddie, Rush and everyone else. That's what I've been waiting to find out.

Posted on: July 17, 2013, 03:09:40 PM
Because they're both blue?

Dr.Light puts megaman in capsule. Puts the chip in him, seals him up. He awakens. What part of this don't you get? It's obvious that X is just an upgraded Megaman. How is this not the case? Is X an alternate universe? I didn't think it was.

Offline Reaperoid

• Redundant
  • Master's Unit
  • d-don't fear the reaper
    • View Profile
Reply #488 on: July 17, 2013, 09:14:35 PM
As far as I've read from the Wikia
Ahaha... oh dear.

I guess all I can really say is it isn't exactly what I'd expect out of a $4.4M game

It doesn't even have mouth animations

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #489 on: July 17, 2013, 09:15:54 PM
here's the facts

Sometime after the events of MM7, Wily begins work on Zero (you can see this alluded to in a couple of games that take place afterwards, Power Fighters being the foremost one).

Light begins work on X, which is to be his ultimate creation (note that X is separate from Rock here)

Light seals X in a capsule (explained in the opening to MMX)

Wily also seals Zero in a capsule

also don't trust the MMKB, that place is full of inaccuracies. no wonder you're so confused

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #490 on: July 17, 2013, 09:19:50 PM
Alright, you know - I've been a fan of the series for 25 years. MM1 was 1987? I was two. Started playing MM when I was 5. Been playing ever since. Don't know all the nuances, but have been inteested with the storyline.

Instead of insulting all of your intelligences, someone just tell me what in the heck I've got wrong. I thought I knew the series. I guess I don't.

Posted on: July 17, 2013, 03:17:45 PM
here's the facts

Sometime after the events of MM7, Wily begins work on Zero (you can see this alluded to in a couple of games that take place afterwards, Power Fighters being the foremost one).

Light begins work on X, which is to be his ultimate creation (note that X is separate from Rock here)

Light seals X in a capsule (explained in the opening to MMX)

Wily also seals Zero in a capsule

also don't trust the MMKB, that place is full of inaccuracies. no wonder you're so confused

Alright. Makes sense. So MM and Proto were scrapped I guess.

Offline fifthindependent

• Pretentious Bastard
  • Net Navi
    • View Profile
    • Fifth Independent
Reply #491 on: July 17, 2013, 09:25:03 PM
Well I could've swore Capcom as a whole, or some individual there at least, stated X and Mega Man are two different beings.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #492 on: July 17, 2013, 09:27:46 PM
For the love of God, stop consecutively double-posting. I'm tired of merging them for you.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #493 on: July 17, 2013, 09:36:08 PM
For the love of God, stop consecutively double-posting. I'm tired of merging them for you.

Or better yet just edit your posts.

Oh wait you're doing that too.

Nevermind.

Offline Reaperoid

• Redundant
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #494 on: July 17, 2013, 09:36:49 PM
-DERP WHY ARE ALL YOUR USERNAMES SO SIMILAR-

I guess all I can really say is it isn't exactly what I'd expect out of a $4.4M game

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #495 on: July 17, 2013, 09:40:01 PM
Those are two different people.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #496 on: July 17, 2013, 09:43:04 PM
I don't blame him.

At a glance, the names do look the same.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #497 on: July 17, 2013, 09:43:51 PM
I thought the same thing myself at first too, doesn't help that they're both in lowercase and all merged together like that.

Offline Reaperoid

• Redundant
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #498 on: July 17, 2013, 09:45:34 PM
It's 5am, and they all look the same, so yeah okay

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #499 on: July 17, 2013, 09:46:20 PM
This is where avatars could've helped.