Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #50 on: December 06, 2017, 08:37:24 PM
MEGA MAN LIVES!!!

I was actually starting to expect MM11 after Nintendo and Sony were retweeting the event (I should hope they have more sense than to retweet another boot showcase), and basically all of the artwork floating around leading up to it was Classic series.  Ironically, the X Collection and the LC Switch ports (ALL of which I will be buying on Switch) were bigger surprises.  I was happy to see the stream give a nod to the entire franchise, especially with the big X memories discussion.

I'm just going to say it: I'm glad to see Mega Man without Inafune.  I love Inafune, but his 2D heyday is clearly behind him, and I got really sick and tired of what would have been FOUR Classic games that removed the slide had Universe not been cancelled.  So no more of that.  No more chasing 2's shadow.  No more NES milking, which was questionable at MM10 and would have been just boring now.  And FREAKING EGUCHI IS THE DIRECTOR, WHOO-HOO!

And to anyone bitching that the armor change was taken from MN9, it wasn't.  BN did that already.

Star Force costume in that GameInformer screen?  Could we see more easter-eggs from other series?  Sure hope so.

Always happy to see more Rush, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let the Rush Jet be as wonderfully broken as it was in MM3 so that we don't have to see Rush reduced to Item 2 with a decorative face, thank you.

And yeah, hoping to see Proto Man and Bass.

ROCK ON, EVERYBODY!

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #51 on: December 06, 2017, 10:26:53 PM

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline HokutoNoBen

• We Are Living! Living in 90s...90s...90s...
  • RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile
Reply #52 on: December 06, 2017, 10:55:06 PM
And yeah, hoping to see Proto Man and Bass.

I'm not really worried about those two. Whether they're available out the box, unlockable or NPCs saved (the inevitable) DLC, there's no way I can see those two missing this party after so long.

The real question, I think, is Roll. Understandable that she wasn't likely going to be playable in 9/10 since there weren't any 8-bit sprites to work with or other sprites from other games to use as a reference. Nut now that we're back in a 3D realm? Gimme back my broom-wielding terror from MMPU and TvC. She's got a HOUSE to clean~! 8D

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #53 on: December 06, 2017, 11:58:59 PM

We finally have Dr. Wily art, no sign of Protoman or Bass yet.

Offline King Reaper

• yeah
  • B-Class Hunter
  • I used to be somebody...
    • View Profile
Reply #54 on: December 07, 2017, 03:29:16 AM
I super duper dig the art direction for this game. I especially really like how Wily looks now, it's sort of like a toned down version of the Ariga Megamix design.

Man, I feel like a kid again, seeing all the new concept artwork flood in.

...what?

Offline Reaperoid

• Redundant
  • Master's Unit
  • d-don't fear the reaper
    • View Profile
Reply #55 on: December 07, 2017, 03:47:43 AM
Hopefully they've invited Ariga himself to do a few designs for them, give him a break from doing Pokemon designs

I guess all I can really say is it isn't exactly what I'd expect out of a $4.4M game

It doesn't even have mouth animations

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #56 on: December 07, 2017, 04:17:08 AM
The art direction is really beautiful. I can't wait to see Blues, Forte, and Tango! (I can always hope)

The real question, I think, is Roll. Understandable that she wasn't likely going to be playable in 9/10 since there weren't any 8-bit sprites to work with or other sprites from other games to use as a reference. Nut now that we're back in a 3D realm? Gimme back my broom-wielding terror from MMPU and TvC. She's got a HOUSE to clean~! 8D

Agreed! I'D ALSO LIKE ME SOME OVERPOWERED PLAYABLE BLUES AGAIN!!! You know, if they'd like!

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #57 on: December 07, 2017, 02:19:43 PM

Actually she was playable in the mobile port of MM1 with a full sprite set. And that is still no excuse since they created sprites for Bass who didn't have any for NES style.

TWITCH   ➧ TWITTER   ➧ DISCORD   ➧ MY GAMES

Knockout Mondays
Experimental day: Fighting game engine project Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

WIP Wednesdays
Hamster Drop Gold Edition Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

Weekend Game Hangout
Marc, Amber, & Friends (Saturday Evening EST)

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #58 on: December 07, 2017, 09:50:12 PM
9 and 10 just wanted to stick to the oldschool notion of Roll at home tending the shop and being moral support.

While 10 was an excuse to make an 8 bit bass.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #59 on: December 08, 2017, 08:42:04 AM
I'm just going to say it: I'm glad to see Mega Man without Inafune.  I love Inafune, but his 2D heyday is clearly behind him, and I got really sick and tired of what would have been FOUR Classic games that removed the slide had Universe not been cancelled.  So no more of that.  No more chasing 2's shadow.  No more NES milking, which was questionable at MM10 and would have been just boring now.  And FREAKING EGUCHI IS THE DIRECTOR, WHOO-HOO!

Four?! Where did you get that number from?
But yes, i'm glad they're moving past the "MM2 was the peak" mentality, everybody was sick of it by now.

No more 8-Bit, no more pretend NES, moving forwards instead of trying to reclaim the past through some misguided nostalgia.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #60 on: December 08, 2017, 05:06:56 PM
Well 9, 10, and Universe...

Though I'm not sure where the fourth comes from.

I kind of have to agree with Hypershell on Inafune. I love the guy, (MN9 debacle notwithstanding) and his love for the franchise is admirable, but you know, every kid has to outgrow his parents eventually. And I would argue that Inafune's tenure as figurehead of the franchise peaked in the 90's as series producer, because that was the last time he was fully immersed in the franchise as not only it's face, but the guy in charge of making the games too. Once he went to the Zero games, he completely neglected the rest of the franchise, delegating it to others and just being the executive who signs off on projects.

He might as well have left the franchise altogether, because despite still being the figurehead for it, he wasn't really involved with it anymore, being busy with other game projects and then his job as global head of production. He hadn't left it completely like Kitamura did, allowing someone else to take up the reins of the franchise.

And then he abruptly left altogether. It's clear from the dev interviews that other Capcom staff viewed him highly, and they were all reluctant to fill his shoes because of it, leading to an identity crisis for the franchise.

But, hopefully they've straightened that out now, and we can have an actual franchise revival. Hindsight really is 20/20, because while the devs say Inafune always directed to "never let a series stagnate", he was arguably the biggest cause of that stagnation in the first place.

EDIT:

So it seems a physical release has been confirmed.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2017, 08:13:03 PM by Flame »

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #61 on: December 09, 2017, 11:55:03 PM
[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZlPyZD3gUA[/yt]

Impressions of the gameplay from Game Informer.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #62 on: December 17, 2017, 09:46:17 PM
Happy OFFICIAL birthday to Mega Man! December 17th, 1987!

Offline CephiYumi

• Kick the door, hit the floor, magical words (groovy!)
  • RPM Purifier
  • mew mew~
    • View Profile
Reply #63 on: December 18, 2017, 04:19:00 AM
Happy Birthday

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #64 on: December 18, 2017, 06:18:08 AM
Rawr

Late but still Rawr.

We finally have Dr. Wily art, no sign of Protoman or Bass yet.
RAWWWWRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Tsukishiro

• Seeker of Life, Friends, and Magic!
  • Robot Master
  • Doing my usual stuff, when I'm not sleeping...
    • View Profile
Reply #65 on: December 21, 2017, 04:11:56 PM
And I too have returned due to this very news, because the hype is very real. Rock on, my friends. Rock on!

And an awesome "welcome back" to our blue bomber. May he continue to fight for everlasting peace. owob

Rockman! May you and all those who stand with you throughout the ages fight for everlasting peace!

Viva la Infaking, baby!

Offline Sub Tank

• Neo Arcadian
  • PHOTOBUCKET EXPIRED
    • View Profile
Reply #66 on: December 22, 2017, 07:12:43 AM
I didn't know Capcom was capable of necromancy.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #67 on: December 23, 2017, 04:42:48 PM
Wily is looking rather stylish there.

Offline Ladd Spencer

• Neo Arcadian
  • Blow up! We want to blow up this area.
    • View Profile
Reply #68 on: December 23, 2017, 04:56:14 PM
Is this the game where Proto Man gets his ponytail?

FEELS  ;^;Which has the massive scrotums?

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #69 on: December 23, 2017, 05:21:36 PM
 Still hadn't seen any Protoman art yet.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #70 on: December 23, 2017, 05:23:08 PM
I imagine we'll see more as we get closer to the release, Capcom is well aware of the fanbases behind Protoman and Bass, no sense in wasting hype building.  8D

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #71 on: December 23, 2017, 05:25:39 PM
Indeed.

I mean again if nothing else they will at least be playable as DLC I bet.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #72 on: December 23, 2017, 09:01:11 PM
Since it seems to more than just MM2 this time I'm hoping for some new features like more playable characters and the like. (maybe a return of MM Powered Up's level editor?)

Offline Ladd Spencer

• Neo Arcadian
  • Blow up! We want to blow up this area.
    • View Profile
Reply #73 on: December 24, 2017, 12:04:32 AM
Ball's in Capcom's court, that's for sure. I wasn't into at first, but became more optimistic. Poor Inafune though. Why did MN9 wind up being such a turd?

FEELS  ;^;Which has the massive scrotums?

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #74 on: December 24, 2017, 01:31:11 AM
Same reason the prequel trilogy was awful with Lucas or The motion picture and season 1 of TNG was [parasitic bomb] with Roddenberry....no one to keep them under control. Inafune always had people above him to keep him on track.