Red Ash: The Indelible Legend - A Comcept Mega Man Legends style game

Soultrigger · 52326

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
are there any actual details on what the physical copy is? Like, would it be a disk in a box, or a USB like Mighty No.9?

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
For the current physical copy reward tier I'm pretty sure it's a disk and you also get a digial copy as well since it includes all previous rewards so you get 2 copies along with the other goodies for $90. 

Comcept also announced yesterday that they are going to negotiate console ports and a preliminary poll by the backers will help them decide which console will be ported for the million dollar stretch goal.  Though it's most lilely going to be the PS4.

EDIT: It's in a DVD case so CD.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Id like it on the PS4... Might sound silly, but since Legends was a PS1 deal, it would just feel right on it.

Thats just me though.

If legends 2 had been ported to the N64 like 1, i wonder what theyd've called it? Megaman 64-2?

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Probably some subtitle like Megaman 64 Quest for the Mother Load or something like with the Paper Mario series.  Then again we had Super Mario 64 DS.......and the Wii U......and the New 3DS.......huh maybe Megaman 64-2 wouldn't have been so strange now.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
As expected, I'm in the odd position of liking the game but hating the attitude around it.  All too often I'm spotting those who backed it cannibalizing the rest of the Legends fanbase for not doing the same.

Can't say I blame anyone who's hesitant when the answer to the demand for a console port is "Sure, we'll do that, don't know what console it's coming to, but give us money anyway."

I recall a similar attitude from the fans around Mighty No. 9, though not nearly as aggressive since its Kickstarter's success was never in any doubt.  Riding the Mega Man fanbase worked for Mighty No. 9 because the side-scroller fans were still in shock over the wave of cancellations and POed about XOver allegedly trying to pass itself as a proper title.  Legends fans have had nearly a decade and a half to come to grips with the fact that Capcom isn't in their corner, and to look for a substitute if that is what they wanted.  They're simply not unified in wanting a brand new look-alike, and trying to tell them that they should be will only antagonize them.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
The not having a definitive console I can understand, and they are at least working on tha but they really need an answer on that like yesterday, but the people who were bitching about Inafune not making Legends 3 are the ones I really don't understand. 

Then there's the ones with issues with MN9 I can completely understand, even though the Deep Silver thing wasn't exactly their fault but I completely understand the bitterness of how it was handled, until they start talking about the changed art style.

It's a really catch 22, and all sides aren't really right but they aren't wrong either and Red Ash is really paying for it.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
The not having a definitive console I can understand, and they are at least working on tha but they really need an answer on that like yesterday,
Well, that's the problem.  They've already told everyone that the answer isn't coming until after the Kickstarter closes, that they'll poll the public now, and backers later.  So they essentially are asking interested console gamers to take a blind leap.

I understand the reality of dealing with console-makers doesn't allow them to get an answer right here right now, but I'm deeply disturbed by the lack of foresight, that they did not address a console version prior to setting up the Kickstarter.  Did Inafune really go into this expecting PC gamers to carry it?  Why direct the leak so transparently at Legends fans if that is the case?  The overlap between those two camps isn't exactly anything to write home about.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Yeah Inafune really did not think this through, he was too concentrated on getting the story funded and put the foundation of said story as an after thought.  He really needs a market researcher to help him since as much as I respect the guy his name is not enough to make a miracle anymore.

I mean I personally don't mind having a PC only game despite being a mostly handheld console person.   In fact I'm still debating on whether I want to get MN9 on Steam or wait for the 3DS and if I do get the Steam version I also need to get a new Logitech controller since my brother took mine since he needed it for Streaming because it was the only one that worked with his capture card.

However many others are usually console only or PC master race and unfortunately a little Mexican girl suggesting to try both would only get slaughtered by most people.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
The backer poll for consoles has begun, if you are a backer make sure you vote.  Also judging from the comments, since I'm not a backer, there's something about a hoverboard and skates, or it could have just been a topic for discussion. I think it's similar to the Sword or Whip thing on Bloodstained.

Whatever it is don't share the poll outside of the kickstarter, it's backers only.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Sorry for the triple post but an update for the anime kickstarter was just posted.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mightyno9/red-ash-magicicada-by-studio4c/posts/1289858

Offline Mary_Nelson

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Oof. I really really want this to do well, but they need to have something more exciting in updates than "send us your ideas. Maybe we'll like them". 

It's a shame because I think Comcept lined up an extremely strong team to make the game, and Studio4C showed off a good model for Tyger. If this gets funded it should be really quite good, since  the raw talent is definitely there.  It's just that the people who are in charge of making the finished product have been completely let down by the PR people running the kickstarter itself.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Not only that but unfortunately Inafune has gained something of a bad reputation which has unfortunately made a good number of people not want to support him again.  Most of it is misblaming but understandable, others are pretty reasonable since MN9 isn't out yet along with lack of a definitive console, but the rest is just stupid.

I'm just trying to remain optimistic myself.

Offline Mary_Nelson

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Not only that but unfortunately Inafune has gained something of a bad reputation which has unfortunately made a good number of people not want to support him again.  Most of it is misblaming but understandable, others are pretty reasonable since MN9 isn't out yet along with lack of a definitive console, but the rest is just stupid.

I'm just trying to remain optimistic myself.

Ditto, especially since they pulled in a top-notch team to actually make the game.  And while I think most of the anger/distrust toward Inafune is pretty silly (to put it mildly), whoever was in charge of PR should have known that the anger/distrust was out there and that there's no way they could have an easy kickstarter with no demo before MN9 came out.  Of course MN9 got great reviews from basically every news site that looked at it at E3, and it's a different team working on Red Ash anyway, but people don't want to hear that.

I think all that supporters can do is point out that the director and everyone doing the art and interface have great resumes, and the model we got from Studio4C looks good.  It doesn't look like the people in charge of running the campaign are competent enough to draw attention to the actual strengths of what they're pitching.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Honestly we could use a few fan art showcases right about now.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Well we got a improved version of that kickstarter video, seems they added more scenes to this, or something......

[yt]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yTsj5IaXq_I[/yt]

EDIT: Also Comcept is definitely working on a Gameplay sample so we can look foreward to that when they show it.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Hey, Sakura!  I hear you have an update worth mentioning? 8D

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Indeed I do, the second Staff member Bio which features Kazushi Ito has been posted.  However there's some interesting about this one, with lots of speculation.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mightyno9/red-ash-the-indelible-legend/posts/1296535

[spoiler][/spoiler]

It's also been mentioned that there's an entire village on KalKanon, as if I wasn't getting Xenoblade vibes from this game already.  My personal theory, that no one else has mentioned at this moment, is that this character is a sort of protector of this village, though the theories range from Beck older sister, mentor and the most hilarious a dominatrix yandere love interest including this hilarious poem regarding it.

[spoiler]She says this to Beck: Roses are red Handcuffs are Naughty, If you ever leave me they'd never find your body.[/spoiler]

I have to say I like her outfit from what we see of it and that huge katana there.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
It looks like most of her clothes was burned off.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
I just hope there's an undrawn strap around her back.

EDIT: Guess we're never finding out now......sorry everyone. :|
https://mobile.twitter.com/RedAshGame/status/621883808585945088

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile

Offline Mary_Nelson

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Okay that's not just an important update, it's an update with a ticking clock.

Pledge $59 today, you get the Beta access, the KalKanon Incident game they're trying to make with the kickstarter, and the expanded "full" game they're trying to get a publisher to fund.  After today the same stuff will cost $79.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Actually it's only $49 today, wish they gave more notice and a bigger time limit so the gaming news sites could have reported it. 

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
It is a little unclear if NOT YET BACKERS can pledge HIGHER than 49$ and still receive the FULL game. I want to do 69$ to get the BETA and also the FULL game. However it is not clear if this is possible.

I have sent them a message asking about it, but I don't know if they will respond.

TWITCH   ➧ TWITTER   ➧ DISCORD   ➧ MY GAMES

Knockout Mondays
Experimental day: Fighting game engine project Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

WIP Wednesdays
Hamster Drop Gold Edition Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

Weekend Game Hangout
Marc, Amber, & Friends (Saturday Evening EST)

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
I think you should be fine but if you really are still unsure you can just put in $49 now and then upgrade it to $69 later.  As long as you don't lower it you should be fine.

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
I suppose that is true. I figured it was an oversight but I really hate that it is unclear.

TWITCH   ➧ TWITTER   ➧ DISCORD   ➧ MY GAMES

Knockout Mondays
Experimental day: Fighting game engine project Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

WIP Wednesdays
Hamster Drop Gold Edition Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

Weekend Game Hangout
Marc, Amber, & Friends (Saturday Evening EST)