Aloha AOHA! ALPHA OMEGA HOENN ADVENTURE!

Quickman · 35817

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #25 on: November 05, 2014, 07:18:07 PM
"Wow. Just wow. Of all the research programs to fund, I had to fund this motley crew. All of you are really exceling in making me doubt my decision."

Mr. P blew into his bubble pipe, and a stream of Bubbles slowly floated out.

*Finally fed up with the accusations, Hypno snapped back.  Talking was something he tried to avoid, as he was difficult to understand, and trying to control his spastic muscles long enough to form words was a struggle.*

"I'm just the... assistant!  You didn't say to catch it... didn't give me PokeBalls... You just told me to help and I did with... what I had!"

*With a snort, he crossed his arms.  He doubted his explanation would suffice, if anyone even understood him, since he slurred his words like a drunken Dewgong with lockjaw.*

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: November 06, 2014, 03:17:06 AM
Mr. P stopped blowing into his pipe, and turned to face the Hypno. Hr stared at it for a moment.

"Did... You just say something?"

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #27 on: November 06, 2014, 03:37:12 AM
"Yes."

*Hypno had spent his formative days as a Drowzee in physical therapy, which included speech and language therapy in order to help him eat and drink without choking.  He was taught how to speak, as it helped him master his locked-up joints and spastic muscles a bit better.*

"I said that I ha-ad to make do with what I ha-ad!"

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: November 06, 2014, 03:52:27 AM
"Fascinating... A fine specimen... However, I wasn't placing the blame on this fine Hypno... I'm placing the blame on you two, Professor Hemlock and Professor Mulberry. As Pokemon Professors out in the field, I expected utter preparedness. And you provided this Hypno... Not even the bare minimum of PokeBalls?

Mr. P raised up his bubble pipe, and blew into it again.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #29 on: November 06, 2014, 04:11:41 AM
(I await the day when Stan Lee dimension-hops into this RP. 8D)

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #30 on: November 06, 2014, 04:16:25 AM
(Well Stan Lee is still in RPMvengers, though I'm wondering if we should reboot it.   Not now but later.)

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #31 on: November 06, 2014, 04:18:22 AM
"His job is to take notes and turn on a tape recorder.  It's pretty obvious he can't do much else.  I wanted to leave him back at the lab, since he'd slow us down."

*Birch finally rejoined the group with an armload of Pester Balls.* "These were my idea.  I was just trying to make sure that our Hypno could protect himself out on the field.  We don't take him out on field assignments too often, because of his disability.  The last time we took him out, we had an... incident." *He dumped the Balls into a bag and clapped the Hypno on the shoulder.* "We'll get that Zigzagoon later.  It's part of the pack, and I'll check our records and try and catch it when it's in its den."

*Hypno nodded and busied himself with gathering equipment together.*

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #32 on: November 06, 2014, 04:37:51 AM
(Well Stan Lee is still in RPMvengers, though I'm wondering if we should reboot it.   Not now but later.)

(Weren't we waiting for Wily?)

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #33 on: November 06, 2014, 04:39:07 AM
(Weren't we waiting for Wily?)
(We were but at the same time I would have liked to have more people around besides you, Me, PB, Sapph, and Wily.)

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #34 on: November 06, 2014, 04:52:58 AM
(Yeah, that's true.

Though, even if we did reboot it, I worry that it won't last too long, either. WilyRP is like the only RP where almost everyone participates (or has participated, at some point).

And while RPM-Adventure uses almost everyone, it was created around this time, where activity of the forum has slowed down significantly.)

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #35 on: November 06, 2014, 04:54:24 AM
(Yeah that why I don't want to reboot it now.)

Offline White-Jet

• The Wandering
  • Master's Unit
  • It's tough being an avatar when you're so restless
    • View Profile
Reply #36 on: November 06, 2014, 08:22:34 AM
(If and when I decide to get involved, I'll probably still use the original Hierophant (still using his birth name, Merrick), and his usual group of Pokemon.  I haven't decided if I'll include Jeff the Magician, or pick another Magical Drop character to bump into Merrick partway through the RP.  I'm also contemplating whether to have the Hierophant card still be attached to WilyII's back, forcing Merrick to either be stuck with the Death card, or go back to using the Magician card, or have escaped at some point and reunited with Merrick)

MAKE WAY FOR HAJIME'S DRAGON DELIVERY EXPRESS!!! 8D

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #37 on: November 06, 2014, 11:33:30 AM
"His job is to take notes and turn on a tape recorder.  It's pretty obvious he can't do much else.  I wanted to leave him back at the lab, since he'd slow us down."

*Birch finally rejoined the group with an armload of Pester Balls.* "These were my idea.  I was just trying to make sure that our Hypno could protect himself out on the field.  We don't take him out on field assignments too often, because of his disability.  The last time we took him out, we had an... incident." *He dumped the Balls into a bag and clapped the Hypno on the shoulder.* "We'll get that Zigzagoon later.  It's part of the pack, and I'll check our records and try and catch it when it's in its den."

*Hypno nodded and busied himself with gathering equipment together.*
Mr. P puffed out one huge bubble, which popped and splashed a bit onto his face.

"Fine. If we can still catch it, I'm fine with anything. Just please... Be more professional, professors. So far, that Hypno seems the most professional, despite the earlier incident."

(Sorry it took so long. >.>)

(If and when I decide to get involved, I'll probably still use the original Hierophant (still using his birth name, Merrick), and his usual group of Pokemon.  I haven't decided if I'll include Jeff the Magician, or pick another Magical Drop character to bump into Merrick partway through the RP.  I'm also contemplating whether to have the Hierophant card still be attached to WilyII's back, forcing Merrick to either be stuck with the Death card, or go back to using the Magician card, or have escaped at some point and reunited with Merrick)
(I say have the card having escaped in the interim due to circumstances.)

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #38 on: November 06, 2014, 12:26:44 PM
*Birch overlooked the comment and began gathering equipment.  He muttered something about sending a robot into the den as he put cameras away and folded up tripods.  Mulberry was similarly gathering equipment in silence, having been thoroughly cowed by Mr. P.*

*Incensed, Hemlock glared at Hypno and yanked the recorder out of his hand.* "Take your chair and go wait by the road.  I don't want you dropping anything."

*Hypno returned the glare and eased himself to his feet.  Folding up his chair, he fussed with putting it in its bag, and then hoisted it over his right shoulder.  He then limped stiff-legged toward the road, pausing every few feet to pull grass out of his leg brace.*

*Birch finished gathering his things and loaded himself with bags.* "Okay, later this evening, the pack heads to their den.  Ground-penetrating radar gave us a depth of about ten-fifteen feet, and it's got an exit on the other side of the hill.  I'm thinking we seal off that exit and send a robot down into the den.  The infected Zigzagoon are more aggressive and take point in the pack, so that Shiny one will be at the front.  My robot's got a good arm, so it shouldn't take too much to catch it."

"We could get the other team out here to help, too.  Maybe get some of our Trainer volunteers out here.  They'd be good to have if it gets away from the bot." *Mulberry slung his bags over his shoulders and jerked a thumb toward Hypno, who had finally made it to the road.* "Hey, I'm gonna get him back to the lab, and we'll get the bot ready."

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #39 on: November 06, 2014, 12:46:03 PM
"Now that sounds like a proper plan!"

Mr. P blew into his bubble pipe again, as he glanced over to the Hypno. Deep in thought...
Who'd knew that a Hypno can talk. Slurred yes, but still. It will be useful in the future... I guess these buffoons are not that useless afterall.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #40 on: November 06, 2014, 11:12:49 PM
*At the road, Mulberry and Hypno started back to the lab, with Mulberry taking the chair.  He glanced over his shoulder at the others, who were just starting to head to the road.* "Hey, don't let Hemlock get to you.  He's just not used to working with Pokémon like you."

*Hypno nodded slowly, but didn't say anything due to his concentration being focused on walking.*

"At least Mr. P seems to like you.  He should see your projects.  We should show him the robot."

*Hypno nodded again and grunted in reply.  The robot.  Birch continually claims ownership of the robot, despite the fact that Hypno had built it.  Originally, he built the robot to aid his work, as it could carry things without dropping them, and hold objects still.  The robot moved faster, didn't have tremors, and maneuvered easily through the lab.*

*The robot was built from a radio-controlled car, with additional mechanics built from a child's building toy.  The controls were simple, with the complex motions being set on the controller for his right hand to operate.  His left hand could do basic motions, such as driving and raising and lowering the arm.  It wasn't very polished, but it served Hypno's needs, and he brought it to the lab.*

*Mulberry helped reinforce the robot's frame and fine-tune the electronics for better control responsiveness; something that Hypno couldn't do due to having only one working hand.  Then, Birch suggested retrofitting the robot for field work, to which Hypno agreed.  The robot could traverse difficult terrain easier and carry things.  It was fitted with new tires, a better suspension, and the arm modified to throw PokéBalls.*

*Soon enough, the robot was no longer Hypno's robot; it belonged to Birch.  Birch used it for field work, and had either Mulberry or a Trainer volunteer operate it.  When not in use, it stayed in storage, no longer able to help Hypno with his work.*

*Hypno let out a snort as he paused along the road to rest.  He could build another robot, but that one would be taken, too.  He had tried to use the robot for its original intended purpose, but Hemlock admonished him for it, telling him not to "play with it."  Every human in the lab conveniently forgot that Hypno had built the robot.*

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #41 on: November 06, 2014, 11:15:10 PM
Done relaxing for the day, Taylor and her team headed south through Oldale Town to check in with the region's local professor.

(Trying to run into everyone else haha)

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #42 on: November 06, 2014, 11:46:55 PM
(You might get there just as they get back to the lab, or shortly after they had just gotten back.  Or, at least Birch and the others would be there, while Hypno and Mulberry lagged behind due to the former needing to stop and rest.)

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #43 on: November 07, 2014, 12:40:08 AM
"Ah, Littleroot Town," Taylor mused upon entering the town limits. "Just the same as always. And there's the lab," she added happily, heading down the path to meet with Birch. "Time to get my 'dex checked!"

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #44 on: November 07, 2014, 02:54:12 AM
*The team had just returned and were unloading their equipment when Mirby entered the lab.  The door buzzed and Hemlock nodded to Hypno to answer it.* "Get the door."

*Hypno, who was toward the back of the main lab and elbow-deep in replacing a tire on the robot, set the tire aside and pulled himself to his feet.  He limped over to the door, fiddled with the lock, and yanked the door open to see Taylor standing there.*

"Ye-es..?"

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #45 on: November 07, 2014, 03:14:57 AM
"Oh hey a talking Hypno, cool," Taylor said offhandedly. "Anyways, is Professor Birch here? I have somethin' to show him regarding my Pokedex."

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #46 on: November 07, 2014, 03:25:41 AM
*Hypno turned his head and barked out Birch's name.  Turning around, he limped back to the back of the lab to finish working on the robot.*

*Birch was examining his pants and taping his blistered toes from walking back barefoot when he heard his name.* "Taylor!  Come on in!  We just got back from a field study, so don't mind the mess."

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #47 on: November 07, 2014, 05:46:44 AM
Mr. P was just walking around the lab, looking at the various equipment, and queried some of the assistants about their jobs. It wasn't long until he reached the back of the lab, and noticed the Hypno again, thus time fiddling with a robot. When it was called again to... Open the front door of all things, Mr. P went closer to examine the robot.

It wasn't long before the Hypno returned.

"Did you make this contraption?"

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #48 on: November 07, 2014, 05:58:51 AM
"Ye-es.  I built the... proto-type."

*Hypno sat and resumed replacing the tire.  He leaned his practically-useless left arm against the robot as he worked the tire back onto the wheel with his right.  It was a difficult job to do one-handed, and his left hand was held rigid by a brace and tightened muscles and couldn't do much more than hold things.*

"I built to help me work."  *Once the tire was replaced, he checked the other tires and adjusted the suspension on the rear axle.*

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #49 on: November 08, 2014, 03:13:54 AM
"Fascinating... Just Fascinating..."

Mr. P continued to admire the robot, and the Hypno, it has such a strong sense of responsibility... A perfect specimem...

"So... How has your work been with these Professors?"