Gate's Lab 2 no damage (by someone crazier than me)

Hypershell · 2084

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
on: April 28, 2012, 04:21:37 PM
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Gs9_7_Oy3w[/youtube]

It's amazing what 170 back-to-back attempts can accomplish.

And I know that I personally have been playing X6 too long when I can look at THIS and still criticize.  Not that the no-damage speedrun thing is my bag, it isn't.  But this isn't really a "minimal" run as the author claims.

[spoiler]Reading the description, the author claims to be withholding the use of special weapons, including the Z-Saber, unless absolutely necessary.  But there is no reason that the Ray Arrow is necessary.  Firing a charged shot point-blank at High Max will bypass his shield (works only as Unarmored and Ultimate), leaving him wide open for either Meteor Rain or Magma Blade, both of which are used anyway in this video.  He's probably using Ray Arrow to save time, since hitting High Max outside of his desperation move results in excessively long invulnerability frames, and the other two weapons will disrupt your movement when you need to be dodging.  Still, to call it a "minimal" run, I would call that cheating.[/spoiler]

Still, very impressed that he cleared the "infamous" gap without the use of either parts or the pause screen.  Good timing goes a long way.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Karasai♪

• Absolutely Fabulous.
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: April 28, 2012, 05:35:56 PM
The X series has some crazy ass hitboxes, I see a lot of parts where X could have gotten hit, but didnt.

darn you capcom and your broken hitboxes

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #2 on: April 28, 2012, 08:40:34 PM
I still recall the hitbox of Polar Kamerus. My slash SHOULD'VE connected to that bear's head. 

However, on the subject of X6, I'm not impressed. He probably is playing a tool assisted speedrun of the level, and I bet he has a part equipped to even MAKE said jump.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: April 28, 2012, 10:26:24 PM
Well you'd be wrong Gaia. Hideofbeast had no parts on to do that jump, and he is indeed that crazy to do this unassisted.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Karasai♪

• Absolutely Fabulous.
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: April 29, 2012, 12:44:31 AM
HE'S A MADMAN