Why didn't X show himself to the Guardians?

Align · 5380

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
on: November 20, 2010, 08:35:16 PM
Well, before Z3.
Surely he could have proved himself to be the real deal with like, memories only he could have?
Especially once Copy-X was out of the way, he could've told them to stop the oppression of reploids even if he wouldn't have enough energy to stay and oversee things himself.

Offline MrBaryl

• A new Shooting Star.
  • B-Class Hunter
  • "Everything for you"
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: November 20, 2010, 09:05:16 PM
I think the Guardians were created after Original X losed his body, so that way they wouldn't know about him.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #2 on: November 21, 2010, 03:40:50 AM
They were.  According to the Zero Collection timeline, X's soul kinda "shattered" when he sealed the Mother Elf, and a piece of which wound up in every Guardian...somehow...  I'm not really sure how that works. o-O

Anyway, I'm willing to bet that X, while respectful of the Guardians, did not believe that they would turn on his copy.  Them being unfamiliar with the original makes this a bit more plausible; if one X tells them to kill another X, why listen to the ghost over the in-the-flesh guy?

There's also the fact that, based on the Z1 encounter, we can safely assume that Copy X outclasses them power-wise.

Zero was X's best hope.  Not only is he the only one reliably strong enough to get the job done, but he also follows his beliefs without hesitation even when it means getting his hands dirty.

Same applies to Neo Arcadian policy after Copy X was destroyed, however on that note, Harpuia showed some promise in trying to keep the peace.  The damage had already been done, policy discriminating against Reploids already in place, and the Resistance branded Mavericks, before Harpuia took command.  Despite that, he was extremely nonaggressive in dealing with the Resistance, his only offensive against them being retaliation for Elpizo's Righteous Strike.  He knew the Resistance's location throughout Z2 yet did nothing.  Hell, he did worse than nothing, he returned Zero to them.  He also left the Resistance go during Z3's intro.  Harpuia did not wish to destroy any more Reploids, but his allegiance was still to humanity.  Thus it is only when Weil and Copy X turn on humanity that Harpuia's faith in Neo Arcadia is shaken.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: November 21, 2010, 03:55:10 AM
Well, they still respect Original X, and they follow him much like CX, if the drama tracks mean anything, just that if he tells them to work with Zero, they just cant, because they consider him their rival.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: November 21, 2010, 04:02:01 AM
They respect him after Copy X MKII has shown that he is willing to attack a human residential area, and after that dies as an obvious pawn of Weil.  There is no conflict of interest by that point as there would have been if X had appeared to them earlier.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: November 21, 2010, 04:05:11 AM
Well to be honest, They were all dicks, (Harpuia ESPECIALLY) in Z1. It took a beating from Zero, and the death of Copy X to knock them off of their high horses. In Phantom's case, Death as well. After which he "learned all truths" and follows X.

After that is when Harpuia became more "wise" as his title would suggest. I mean out of all of them, he is the most like X, only more srs bsnsss

Fefnier and leviathan though, did remain somewhat hotblooded though. (well, Fefnir. Levi just flirts like hell with Zero afterwards.)

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: November 21, 2010, 04:20:50 AM
I recall the MMZOCW interview mentioning some regret as to Levi turning out such a Fefnir-like hot head.

It's true that Harpuia was spouting the same propaganda as everyone else in Z1.  However, I don't think he so much got knocked down, seeings how he replaced Copy X.  And I think, more than the ass-kicking, that's what did it (recall, in Z2, Harpuia actually loses his sense of reason when battling Zero).  With Harpuia at the top, he has to bear the responsibility.  He can no longer dismiss a slaughter of Reploids under Caesar-can-do-no-wrong, because he himself is calling the shots.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: November 22, 2010, 02:15:10 AM
I wnder how her and Fefnir would have turned out with a bit more fleshing and personality