Become a Rockman/Mega Man Package Designer!

Rock Miyabi · 5337

Offline Rock Miyabi

• THE ORIGINAL Jammin' Ninja
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
    • Miyabi on dA
on: March 05, 2010, 06:32:50 AM
Apparently Gerald de Jesus' retro cover art just wasn't enough. Now Capcom is putting game package design in our hands with their newly announced contest. This is pretty interesting, because it was initially started by Capcom of Japan, but this time around they are encouraging worldwide participation.

You can actually choose either version to create: A more horizontal Japanese Famicom "Rockman" box, which gives you about 4.6 x 3 inches of space, or the vertical American NES "Mega Man" box, in which you can fit something 4.2 x 6 inches. Your artwork needs to be something new and original for this contest, they won't accept art from previous contests (such as CU's weekly MM10 robot master challenge).

The deadline for this contest is April 20th, so there is a good month and a half to create something.

English entries need to be submitted through PM to jgonzo at Capcom Unity. The subject of your PM needs to read "Mega Man Package Contest." Along with your entry link (which needs to be uploaded onto your Capcom Unity public photo gallery), also be sure to include your name and a short little description of your submission.

Be sure to visit any of the links I've given to get the full details, along with templates, logos, a handy assembly guide and more. All the submissions will become property of Capcom, of course. While we don't yet know what else, if anything, the winners will receive, we do know that winners will have their projects displayed on the Japanese website NICONI COMMONS, which kinda sounds like a deviantART or Pixiv-style website.

News credit to all the usual suspects, but mostly to KG for the tip much earlier today.

Previously was K.G. Inafunbags, Captain Heady, Damon Gant, and the guy who liked the blue bomber solely for the reason that he was blue.

Offline Rad Lionheart

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #1 on: March 05, 2010, 06:47:49 AM
I'm gonna try to put something together in whatever free time I'll be getting.

Offline Mega Greasy Houdini Tek 54321

• B-Class Hunter
  • BOOYAKASHA!!!
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: March 05, 2010, 07:10:47 AM
Yet another opportunity I can pass up.

Offline dragontamer272

• Resistance Member
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart
Reply #3 on: March 13, 2010, 09:16:47 PM
I want to enter that contest so that way I can practice more on my wanting to become an illustrator.

Now the only thing I don't know is that, what style of art dose Capcom want? The basic anime style or the funny american NES style?

Visit my art gallery at deviantart today. http://dragontamer272.deviantart.com/

Yes, I am now one of those so-called "Bronies".

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: March 13, 2010, 09:52:37 PM
Any style you want.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Gatuca

• A-Class Hunter
  • Sprite Doctor
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: March 14, 2010, 02:23:18 AM
HOLY [parasitic bomb], and im making a cover art for Megagirl Roll!

do you think i can get into problem if let's say, my cover get's selected and i want to post it later or use it for my fangame, and it will affect my fangame or put in on risk?

Here's My Facebook Account, Join the Megagirl R project http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002211482262

if you want to know my skype account, send me a PM

Offline keiang

• Deeply Disturbed
  • Resistance Member
    • View Profile
    • Keiang's Youtube
Reply #6 on: March 14, 2010, 02:32:44 AM
Any style you want.
http://uploads.mibbit.com/ey4PHF.png

...I've been watching too much Gurren Lagann...

Also I clearly need to work on proportions. And add a background.

Offline Sub Tank

• Neo Arcadian
  • PHOTOBUCKET EXPIRED
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: March 14, 2010, 02:37:09 AM
I've always imagined that Mega Man's package was blue and had a helmet.

Offline lizardcommando

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Lizardcommando's Youtube Page
Reply #8 on: March 14, 2010, 07:12:39 AM
HOLY [parasitic bomb], and im making a cover art for Megagirl Roll!

do you think i can get into problem if let's say, my cover get's selected and i want to post it later or use it for my fangame, and it will affect my fangame or put in on risk?

You might not want to do that:

Quote from: Capcom
*All illustrations will become copyrighted material of Capcom.

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #9 on: March 14, 2010, 08:57:52 AM
If you're drawing the anime-style cover, don't forget to mimic the official ones by drawing the playable characters, all the bosses and a couple of enemies on the same picture, and a cool background to go with it. ^^b </wii>

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Rad Lionheart

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #10 on: March 14, 2010, 09:01:53 AM
I was gonna do one with Mega, Proto, Bass and all the robot masters, with my personal redesigns. (Plus figure out redesigns for the 3 I didn't get to do.)
Wasn't sure which box I should do though, Rockman or Mega Man?

Offline dragontamer272

• Resistance Member
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart
Reply #11 on: May 17, 2010, 02:04:48 PM
I entered mine in, and it seems that I'm the ONLY one who used Green for the NES version.

Visit my art gallery at deviantart today. http://dragontamer272.deviantart.com/

Yes, I am now one of those so-called "Bronies".

Offline Rad Lionheart

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #12 on: May 17, 2010, 10:30:54 PM
I would have used green, I like green.

Offline Rock Miyabi

• THE ORIGINAL Jammin' Ninja
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
    • Miyabi on dA
Reply #13 on: May 17, 2010, 11:01:58 PM
Well, there were also people like me who had no access to the .lzh files on the Japanese site, so we had to send it in without any choice of color. I am happy to finally see my entry up there on the site now, with of course the standard blue box they plastered mine on. Thanks for linking that on your dA journal, dragontamer.

So, looks like there were 141 total entries, and most of them used the Japanese-sized box. Some pretty cool ones from what I can tell off of those tiny thumbnails. Also some quite laughable ones. Oh man, Hulk Wily fist bumping Hulk/Grimace Dr. Light, so full of win! XD

Previously was K.G. Inafunbags, Captain Heady, Damon Gant, and the guy who liked the blue bomber solely for the reason that he was blue.