Super Smash Bros. Thread

Akamaru · 662973

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #5650 on: April 03, 2015, 12:07:43 AM
Even Nintendo World wouldn't let me pre-order Greninja, Jigglypuff, and Ness. Got the other ones though.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #5651 on: April 03, 2015, 12:13:53 AM
Everyone do Jelly a favor and throw down a vote for Takamaru. Please.

A Mike Jones is fine too.

If we do Mike Jones, we're going with MY Mike Jones!!!  8D

This dude?

http://nintendo.wikia.com/wiki/Takamaru

That's the one. He's already in as an Assist Trophy. His bad-ass theme is already in the game as well.

The Mysterious Murasame Castle Medley - Super Smash Bros. 3DS

0v0

Offline Soultrigger

• Resistance Member
  • Weapon Get!
    • View Profile
Reply #5652 on: April 03, 2015, 12:22:51 AM
I wanted Ness and Lucina. Walked out with Ness secured but Lucina was a no-go since they sold out.
Wanted all 6, but walked out with only Ness and Pac-Man. And I don't even like Pac-Man. lol

I've been told the online store *may* have preorders available later today, so get that F5 button ready. EDIT: JK GS sold out entire Wave 4.

Bad Box Art Snake Man Joins the Battle!

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #5653 on: April 03, 2015, 12:23:27 AM
Ness should be up every hour at the top of the hour from Gamestop today.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #5654 on: April 03, 2015, 01:28:33 AM
I guess getting Lucina is going to be fun.  Ugh, I really don't want to have to pull the import-from-Europe thing again, given my one-in-three failure rate.

Voted for Daisy.  You knew it was going to happen.

And it now occurs to me that I need to make a Lethe Mii to go with that cat suit.

I just saw Mewtwo in action and I jizzed in my pants.
I swear to God, that never happens... -u-'

Please enable Mii Fighters on For Anyone. D:
THIS!
Nullify equipment if you must, but Miis and alt Specials need to be in For Fun at the very least.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #5655 on: April 03, 2015, 02:22:25 AM
I somehow secured Ness even though we arrived at GameStop an hour after in-store pre-orders began. You'd think he'd have gone as quickly as Lucina and Robin, being a popular character and store exclusive and all...

(Not that I'm complaining, because Shulk was GS-only, too, and GS only had enough for pre-orders)

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #5656 on: April 03, 2015, 03:34:55 AM

Is it too much to ask for X in a fighter that is NOT an alternate costume???

TWITCH   ➧ TWITTER   ➧ DISCORD   ➧ MY GAMES

Knockout Mondays
Experimental day: Fighting game engine project Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

WIP Wednesdays
Hamster Drop Gold Edition Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

Weekend Game Hangout
Marc, Amber, & Friends (Saturday Evening EST)

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #5657 on: April 03, 2015, 04:00:54 AM
This dude?

http://nintendo.wikia.com/wiki/Takamaru

Yes him. Seriously, everyone do me a solid and keep him in mind while voting. I want me some Kenshin style draw/sheathe play and he summons fire and lightning. It's like Ryo of the Wildfire + Kenshin, my dream character outside of Mike and Lip (Inklings, Viridi and the Wonderful Ones of the new era).

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #5658 on: April 03, 2015, 04:15:44 AM
Yeah, Takamaru would be pretty cool. I'm also thinking Ryu Hayabusa from Ninja Gaiden would be cool (in NES style outfit, of course).

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #5659 on: April 03, 2015, 04:30:22 AM
Ryo of the Wildfire

The best part about this name is that anyone who watched Ronin Warriors ALWAYS reads it exactly like he says it in the show!  8D

Takamaru would indeed be a solid choice actually. Long time classic Nintendo series, an actual Samurai type sword user. I mean, my first thought is INSTANTLY to suggest Blues, because I'm shameless. I know he has no chance though, and I do love me that Blues armor, so they gave me something. Mike Jones is also one of my pics, but they most likely feel that they're good since they have NES. I also would really like Dixie Kong in the mix as well.

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #5660 on: April 03, 2015, 04:34:44 AM
I already voted for Tails, and I gave as many examples for moves as I could for him with 500 words.  I even gave 3 Final Smash ideas for him, though I doubt Super Tails and his Flicky Army of Death would be Final Smash material.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #5661 on: April 03, 2015, 04:41:09 AM
Really? I think Super Tails would be freaking awesome and the Flickies are damn near unavoidable, if S3&K is any indication.

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #5662 on: April 03, 2015, 04:45:07 AM
Well it depends on how the Flicky Army of Death is utilized really.  I also suggested the Cyclone Mech with either the barrage of missles or the giant freaking lazer and the Tornado either gunning people down or just ramming into them.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Archer

Reply #5663 on: April 03, 2015, 10:27:42 AM
Is it too much to ask for X in a fighter that is NOT an alternate costume???

Way too much.

Offline Soultrigger

• Resistance Member
  • Weapon Get!
    • View Profile
Reply #5664 on: April 03, 2015, 11:32:37 AM
The best part about this name is that anyone who watched Ronin Warriors ALWAYS reads it exactly like he says it in the show!  8D
DAAAAAAOOOOOOOOOO JIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIN

Woke up early in anticipation of rumored 7AM EST Greninja preorder, turns out it went up like 3 hr agos. :(

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #5665 on: April 03, 2015, 01:18:20 PM
Ditto for me with Lucina.  It was alleged Toys R Us would put up their pre-orders somewhere between 7 and 9.  2AM the day before, nothing.  7:02 AM, sold out, who knows how long. O:<

I'm wondering why Target has (or had) their exclusive Jigglypuff, but none of the "regular" Wave 4's...  They're also, like, the only chain that never bothered to restock Mega Man as far as I can tell. 

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #5666 on: April 03, 2015, 01:26:23 PM
I'm just happy I got Ness and Pac-Man. Other than Lucina I got all the ones I really really wanted out of this wave.

Just got to wait on Amazon now.

But still... this amiibo wave was a [tornado fang]ing disaster.

Best Buy's preorders sold out in minutes.

Target thought it a brilliant idea to put Jigglypuff up at some random ass time and voila they ran out in 5 minutes like they did Rosalina, not helped by the fact that for some people it just wouldn't let them order at all.

Gamestop's servers melted down on them and they ran out of Lucina and Robin way before they ran out of Ness (And people who were in store would have to wait possibly hours for potentially just one amiibo and all the stores were basically competing against eachother to struggle to order theirs first while also dealing with normal customers.)

Toys R' Us... [tornado fang] them, announcing a specific time (around 7-9AM EST) and then tossing them up far ahead of schedule, allowing people to get that [parasitic bomb] completely cleared out before 7AM even hit.

I don't even know what the hell Amazon is doing, why are they taking so long? Same goes for Wallyworld and Target in regards to the non-exclusives.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #5667 on: April 03, 2015, 03:07:33 PM
Best Buy allegedly had theirs already and just switched to the ambiguous "coming soon" label for anything sold out, "soon" being a relative term for whatever second shipment they're hoping for I guess.  Ditto for Amazon.  I don't know what's going on with Target and Wal Mart, or IF GameStop intends to do an online pre-order at a later point.

Lucina's pre-orders are already being sold $40-45 on ebay.  Sometimes I seriously wish retailers would just rip the damn box open at checkout.  I just get so tired of seeing "NEW IN BOX RARE SOLD OUT" listings everywhere....

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #5668 on: April 03, 2015, 03:18:08 PM
Amazon got their preorders up at one point? I know they have the pages up but I figured if they were ever in stock they'd say "Currently Unavailable" as opposed to "sign up to receive alerts as to when this item will be in stock"

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #5669 on: April 03, 2015, 03:43:39 PM
Well, I'm kind of assuming in Amazon's case.  Let's just say I know from past experience that Mega Man hung in the "sign up to receive alerts" limbo for a damn long time, that usually means to be alerted with a scalper starts listing.

Best Buy I know WAS up.  For about seventeen minutes, at least.

I'm honestly a little afraid for that Mewtwo Amiibo, whenever they're planning on doing that one.  It kind of sucks to be looking for Pokemon amiibo seeings how everyone but Pikachu and Charizard are store-exclusives so far.

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #5670 on: April 03, 2015, 07:37:07 PM
Amusing anecdote wrt: GameStop's servers freaking out: the clerk I spoke to said that it took thirty minutes for him to access their site (IIRC). Mom said that GS needs better infrastructure, but to be honest, given how many people are buying amiibo, I'm not sure it'd help.

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #5671 on: April 03, 2015, 08:26:28 PM
My buddy was up all night last night trying to snipe Robin and Lucina but they were gone within seconds.

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #5672 on: April 03, 2015, 08:35:37 PM
My buddy was up all night last night trying to snipe Robin and Lucina but they were gone within seconds.

Did they at least get to pre-order other amiibo from Wave 4 before those ran out, too?

Also, I'm not the only one hoping that Pac-Man's amiibo will be reasonably easy to obtain after launch, right? He's not an exclusive and his home series is very well-known, to say the least...

Offline Soultrigger

• Resistance Member
  • Weapon Get!
    • View Profile
Reply #5673 on: April 03, 2015, 08:40:22 PM
Also, I'm not the only one hoping that Pac-Man's amiibo will be reasonably easy to obtain after launch, right? He's not an exclusive and his home series is very well-known, to say the least...
Mega Man and Sonic are fairly common, so it's probably safe to assume so. Pac is typically the last nonexclusive to sell out on preorders. Plus, he's getting MK8 support.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #5674 on: April 03, 2015, 08:46:23 PM
With a bitchin' animated design no less

I want Django Mii clothes. If I can't have the character I'll take the clothes lol

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything