Wilypocalypse NOW

Protoman Blues · 393658

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #6550 on: January 05, 2016, 01:01:43 AM
Ammy's head immediately snapped skyward, and in seconds he made a dive for cover. Taking refuge behind a piece of rubble, he reached to his chest and gripped the knife. "Guys! Everyone alright? Where the hell is this coming from?" He winced as a feather slashed through the side of his leg. He bundled up behind cover and scanned for a source.

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #6551 on: January 07, 2016, 08:36:43 AM
(Considering Vyse hasn't been around for a few months, I don't think waiting I'll be waiting for a response on that front. That said, in the offchance he returns, I'll try to manage a little bit based off the bios to at least give viable reasons for the lack of action on his part... so apologies in advance if it doesn't match up exactly with what he would expect to happen. It would be easier to ignore their inaction if the group was larger, but when half the group is his characters... yeah.

I won't be making a habit of this, this is a one-time thing. I'll be keeping the dialogue to a minimum in this post. I am assuming it is a New Moon, in the interest of Leo not being at full power here.)

Aaru swiftly dodged the incoming projectiles, taking cover behind debris. She readies a rope dart, waiting for the perfect opportunity to strike. Xhai wasn't quite as lucky, ending up with a razor-sharp projectile in his left leg. Cursing under his breath, he hides behind the same debris as Aaru. Leo was rather unfazed by the projectiles, being a ghost and all. She moved her sword out of the way as much as possible to avoid any unnecessary damage.

Initially confused by Leo's inaction, Irkalla notices Leo attempting to keep the sword safe. With a grin, she swoops down talons drawn, aiming for the sword. As she approaches Aaru throws out a rope dart, wrapping it around the attacker's right leg. She yanks it down, hoping that it'll do something.

Irkalla feels a tug at her leg, throwing her off course and hitting the sword with a wing instead. Due to her speed, it is knocked aside out of range. Annoyed, Irkalla flaps her wings hard in the opposite direction, pulling Aaru from behind her cover. Xhai leaps out from behind cover to attack, swinging his scythe at the flying beast. It connects, slicing into the right wing of the attacker. Circuits begin to spark from the opening.

Irkalla, quite aggravated at this point, lands abruptly and slices the rope with a swing of her left wing. As she does this, Xhai stabs through the right wing with his scythe, piercing right through. The internal circuits begin to melt due to the heat of the Xhaiden's blade. With a screech Irkalla flaps her wing hard, sending Xhai to the ground. As he gets up, Irkalla impales him through the torso with the end of her left wing, then flings him away off to the side. Leo then strikes out of the shadows to distract Irkalla, as Aaru rushes over to Xhai and pulls him away to safety.

Irkalla blocks Leo's attacks with her already damaged wing, and flaps upwards. She grabs onto the sword and flaps upwards, then tosses the sword as far as she can. She lands with a thud, her right wing spazzing a bit from the strain.

(So yeah... TLDR version, Xhai is out for now, Aaru is overseeing him, Leo is looking for her sword frantically, and Irkalla is grounded.)

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #6552 on: January 07, 2016, 08:49:30 AM
(Actually I think it was more like late afternoon/sunset at the time so it's not fully nightime yet resulting in Leo still not being in optimal fighting condition at the moment anyway since Leo can still operate in shade but not well until night New Moon aside.  He said he made some updates regarding that and Xhai's sun powers as well somewhere in this thread I believe last I remember.  I'll think of something tomorrow, perhaps we should try PMing Vyse to see if he's paying attention to his email?)

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #6553 on: January 07, 2016, 10:04:10 AM
(
Ammy asked Xhai about, but the brunette just shrugged and jerked a thumb towards the moon hanging above them

I read the post several times to be sure :P

As for the sun powers... it's all in the Bio. He doesn't fight well at night.)

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #6554 on: January 07, 2016, 10:28:59 AM
(Ah my bad, but if you can see the moon then I doubt it's a New Moon since you can't see the New Moon that well.  Not to mention he would have commented on that specifically if it was a New Moon.   We'll go with a Waning or Waxing Cresent Moon, unless stated otherwise in the random event he does show up somehow, in this case so she's still not fully powered and pretty weak.)

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #6555 on: January 07, 2016, 07:16:06 PM
(Waxing or Waning works for me. Anywho, either of you feel free to post what happens next.)

Offline Strider Xhaiden

• The Token Brit.
  • Master's Unit
  • Never "Great", just varying degrees of "OK".
    • View Profile
Reply #6556 on: January 11, 2016, 01:19:45 AM
( *staggers in, looking a little worse-for-wear*

Sorry everyone, stuff happened. M''back....kinda. Hopefully I've got my head on straight again.

Oh, and no worries regarding writing my characters, Fxeni. I got no right to judge after getting chewed out for it (and other things) a couple pages back. I've never been particularly bothered by stuff like that.

You're right about Xhai, he's pretty much reduced to regular human at night. I'm not sure if I ever updated Leo's bio with a point I wanted to make....she's weak when she's not fully manifested (which only ever happens once the sun is completely set) because the only weight she can put behind her blows in those circumstances is her sword, which weighs....about 15lbs, I think? I'll need to double check.

EDIT: The sword weighs 3-lbs. Which is about the same as getting hit by a bag of potatoes.

With regards to half the group being my characters, I got no problem writing Aaru and Leo out sometime soon so I can focus on Xhai. I'll confuse myself if I keep trying to write all three of them. Actually had an idea for doing that anyway, but I guess I'll need to hit up the Character Bios thread sometime soon so it makes sense. No worries though, got no plans to introduce anymore characters as anything more than cameos for the forseeable future.)

My Twitch channel. Random streams during the week.
Currently streaming: Transformers: Devastation

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #6557 on: January 11, 2016, 01:23:53 AM
(As much as I love your characters I understand for the sake of not getting mixed up a lot in writing.)

Offline Strider Xhaiden

• The Token Brit.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #6558 on: January 11, 2016, 01:35:51 AM
(Yeah. I don't wanna cause problems for anyone by swamping the thread.

Expect a wall'o-text to hit the bios thread tomorrow. I was going through some of my old stuff and found a bunch of old drawings I did when I was about 14 and designing my characters for the first time. I feel like a couple of them have potential, given a few tweaks, so I'll get on that and probably update Alastor's bio while I'm there too.

As a pointless aside, here's a complete list of Xhai's Band of Merry Misfits. Any names you don't recognise haven't been officially bio'd yet, but they won't be showing up here anyway, so....

- Xhai
- Aaru
- Leocadia
- Alastor
- Séann
- ??? (According to my old drawings, this one's name was Spider. I think I can come up with somethin' better, though.)
- ??? (Originally called Remmi. Same deal as above.)
- P4-LNX/Phalanx

Yeah.....Sorry for going off on a tangent there....)

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #6559 on: January 11, 2016, 01:37:54 AM
(To be fair I mainly control 4 major characters and Fugo isn't one I usually control since I stick him in the shack anyway.)

Offline Strider Xhaiden

• The Token Brit.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #6560 on: January 11, 2016, 04:17:46 PM
(Right. Let's try and get back into this....)

Xhai grit his teeth and bit back a string of curses as Aaru set him down a short distance away from the battle. His vision was blurry from the pain, but the first thing he did was swat away Aaru's hand as it settled on his shoulder and force himself to focus on her. His words were slurred slightly, but he was fairly certain his point got across.

"Aaru.....find Leo...and get out of here. Back to base. The others need to know about this."

Aaru shook her head, and shot a pointed glance at the large wound on his torso. Xhai responded with a weak smile.

"I'm.....fine....But you need to get of here. I promise I'll get through this. Now, do as I told you and GO!"

Aaru gaze met his eyes, and a brief, unspoken conversation occured. After a few moments, Aaru's expression hardened. She nodded, stood, and dashed off in the direction Leo's sword had flown in. Xhai watched her leave, and slumped backwards into the dirt, breathing heavily. He considered just giving up and falling asleep, but the enraged screeches coming from their assailant led him to dismiss that idea as soon as it came to him. Fumbling for the handle of his scythe (which Aaru had apparently retrieved during their retreat), he planted it into the ground and forced himself back to his feet.

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #6561 on: January 12, 2016, 04:02:32 PM
(Honestly, I could just retcon that post since nothing else happened after the fact. Up to you though!)

Offline Strider Xhaiden

• The Token Brit.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #6562 on: January 12, 2016, 06:11:31 PM
(Nah, Xhai being injured is fine. I already have something in mind for a little later on now that it's happened. And with Aaru and Leo leaving the narrative to meet up with the rest of my characters, I can focus more attention on making my posts better.)

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #6563 on: January 13, 2016, 09:36:00 AM
(Alright, as you wish! In that case, I'll be leaving an opening for Fugo and Ammy here. I may still update the space battle later... although I haven't decided which front yet [eyebrow])

Offline Strider Xhaiden

• The Token Brit.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #6564 on: January 13, 2016, 10:53:34 AM
(Alright, as you wish! In that case, I'll be leaving an opening for Fugo and Ammy here. I may still update the space battle later... although I haven't decided which front yet [eyebrow])

(S'cool. I need time to finish writing up my other character bios. Since they might be making cameo appearances later on, I figured getting the bios up takes precedence over Xhai dragging himself back into the fight.  8D )

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #6565 on: January 13, 2016, 05:51:27 PM
Fugo had been aiming his Snowflake Shurikens upward hoping to distract the Harpy like Robot Master to let Aaru and Leo escape.

"Dammit why did it have to be a damn flying enemy!" Fugo cursed in his mind "All I can do is throw these Shurikens at her and hope I can slice a wing off when she lands with my sword.  I'd try to wall jump to get at her but these buildings are still pretty unstable, ah if only someone had some powerful long range attacks or magic!"

(Yeah Fugo can't do much unless I came up with a moveset to differentiate him from Niu and also makes sense.  He also has Ice Needles but I figure the slashing qualities of the Shurikens would be more useful.)

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #6566 on: January 19, 2016, 05:16:33 AM
Time to attack, is it? Reaper thinks to himself, watching a screen light up with all the units advancing upon the Resistance. As he ponders where to strike, a grin creeps up on his face. He was enjoying the prospect of piloting again; it had been a while since his previous outing. He reminisced about the war back in his home dimension; about how many enemies he crushed underfoot.

Last time I destroyed the ISS... it's rare that I get to have a second go at this sort of thing. It's high time I paid the Sexstation a visit, Reaper decides, excitedly clutching the controls in front of him. He boosts towards the Sexstation in his latest creation, grinning ear to ear.

Offline Strider Xhaiden

• The Token Brit.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #6567 on: January 22, 2016, 11:31:48 PM
(This one takes place at pretty much the same time as my last one.)

Aaru darted away from where Xhai was struggling to pick himself up. Taking a moment to compose herself, she blocked out the fight happening in the distance and began searching for Leo. Fortunately, she didn't have to look too hard. The spectral knight was already heading back towards the battle, and Aaru rushed over to intercept her. Leo blinked, her anger at being taken unaware briefly disappearing at her friends' appearance.

"Aaru? Should you not be assisting Xhai and our other allies?"

Aaru shook her head, lowered her scarf and carefully mouthed something, making sure that Leo was able to properly read her lips. The knight scowled, but remained stationary.

"He wants us to return to the others and inform them of what's happening?"

Leo closed her eyes for a moment and went still. When she spoke again, her voice had calmed somewhat.

"Very well. I trust you still have that device Mika gave you?"

Aaru nodded and fished a small silver box out of her pocket. Carefully resheathing Leo's blade on her back, she thumbed a button on the side of the box and disappeared in a flash of light...

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #6568 on: January 27, 2016, 05:50:43 AM
(Will update the land battle I suppose!)

Don't think I can fly reliably anymore... no matter, Irkalla thinks to herself while clenching her teeth. She raises up into the air momentarily to get her bearings, and a shuriken whizzes by her face. She turns around in midair and closes her wings, blocking a few more as she lands on the ground.

"Come on out!" She exclaims as she swings her wing, sending sharp feathers off towards the source of the shurikens.

Offline Strider Xhaiden

• The Token Brit.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #6569 on: January 27, 2016, 11:13:10 PM
(For reference, Minty's preferred Male shell is pretty much this. Except with green hair. As for the female shell.....welp, haven't decided yet  8)  Anyway....)

Xhai took a shaky step forward and grit his teeth as a lance of white-hot pain shot down his leg. Looking down, his eyes widened at the gigantic black pinion protruding from his thigh. Against his better judgement, he gave it an experimental tug and swore loudly.

"Well, damn......Guess I'm not removing this on my own...."

No sooner had the words left his mouth than there was a flash of light in front of him, and a familiar green-haired boy emerged. Xhai blinked and automatically took another step forward. This time, his injured leg gave out on him completely and he pitched forward, only to be caught by his newly-arrived friend.

"Mika sends her regards, Xhai. It seems Aaru was right to insist we send reinforcements."

Setting Xhai down in a seated position on the ground, the boy gave him an appraising look. Then, after a few moments, he knelt down and ripped the pinion out of Xhai's leg in a single, swift motion. It was to Xhai's credit that he didn't pass out as his world seemed to explode in sheer pain. An awkard silence passed, marked only by Xhai's laboured breathing. Finally...

"What in the actual [TORNADO FANG], Minty!? You turn up out of the blue and suddenly fancy yourself a field medic?"

The boy, Minty, flashed Xhai a lopsided grin that reminded him a little too closely of his own before replying.

"Mika anticipated that might be your reaction. That's why she asked me to do this, too."

Before Xhai could blink again, Minty produced a syringe from....somewhere..., jammed it into his neck and pushed the plunger. As soon as it was removed, Xhai clapped a hand to his neck and glared up at his mint-haired ally. Minty, fortunately, decided to defuse the situation and explained before Xhai found his voice.

"Before you ask, Mika is aware that you are capable of recovering from all but the most severe of injuries on your own..." His gaze flickered down to the large wound on Xhai's torso, before shifting upwards to the silvery orb hanging in the sky above them "....AND that your healing capabilites are not at their best in circumstances like these. She's been developing this particular trick as a way of artificially activating your body's recovery systems....to a limited degree."

Indeed, as he watched, Xhai's wounds stopped bleeding and crusted over. Helping the scythe-wielder back to his feet, Minty flashed him a disturbingly Aaru-like grin.

"There. Feeling better now?"

Xhai gingerly shifted his weight onto his injured leg, and was pleasantly surprised to find that the pain had dulled to a manageable level. Exhaling, he turned to his friend.

"Yeah. Thanks. So, what are you doing here?"

Minty had already focused his attention on the battle raging a short ways off, but answered Xhai over his shoulder.

"Leo explained that you were attacked by an enemy capable of flight. Aaru told us you were injured and insisted we send someone to help. And out of everyone that has access to ranged offense..."

Xhai caught the point quickly enough.

"You were the only one that would've worked. Typhon'd be too slow....and if you sent...."

Minty nodded, an expression of.....sadness?...flickering across his face.

"If we'd sent him, you'd have been in as much danger as your enemy. Still, I think I can be of assistance. Can you still fight?"

Xhai hefted his scythe, ignoring the dull burn in his side, and shifted his stance slightly to favour his uninjured leg.

"Yeah, I can manage. Thanks for the backup. Ready to go pluck a turkey?"

Minty's expression changed to one of confusion for a brief moment, but then went blank again even strands of razor-wire emerged from his fingertips.

"I am unfamiliar with that expression, but yes, I'm ready to fight. It looks like the enemy is injured, if only a little. Let's go."

With that, the two shot back towards the battle with every intent on backing up Fugo.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #6570 on: February 07, 2016, 05:25:47 AM
(OK, I need to confirm something. I mentioned in my last post (back in September! XD) that boforte, in his new toy, is heading towards Asteroid M... Who's there at the moment?)

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #6571 on: February 07, 2016, 05:31:26 AM
(Sakura, Asch, Fxeni, and soon Arche.  Borock-bot's Vic Viper should show up later as well but for now he's taking care of the shields with Kit.  Phi should go to the Sex Station soon.)

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #6572 on: February 07, 2016, 05:45:00 AM
(Alright, time to escalate the battle a bit then.)

The Zaku Joes continued to provide suppressing fire on the Resistance Mobile Suits with their machineguns, though their aim could use some improvements... That's until streams of flames and ice-waves (do not ask how these work in space, they just do in our universe!) roared through some Zaku Joes, destroying them in the process. When the explosions dissipated, a Mobile Suit... With no legs... But significantly larger than any of the Resistance Mobile Suits bursted through.

Inside the cockpit, boforte stared at the blinking cursors on his main screen, showing the Resistance Mobile Suits. He smirked as an option for an "All-Range Attack" is shown on his console.

boforte - Let's see what his baby can do!!

He slammed his console for the "All-Range Attack", and the 2 arms of his Mobile Suit disconnected from their magnetic catches. The 2 arms then began to fly off on their own accord, firing out streams of flames and ice-waves in all directions towards the Resistance Mobile Suits.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #6573 on: February 07, 2016, 05:56:31 AM
(Hopefully I'll make a post sometime next week.)

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #6574 on: February 07, 2016, 01:01:32 PM
Over at the vicinity of the SexStation, an asteroid was slowly approaching the SexStation. However, not known to the Resistance, it wasn't an ordinary asteroid... But a disguised Mobile Armour that Dr. Wily II had placed since the construction of the original Wily II Star. It had been observing and gathering data of the trial runs of 2 Resistance Mobile Suit, and felt it was time. The asteroid began to speed up towards the Mobile Suits.