Wilypocalypse NOW

Protoman Blues · 393829

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #6475 on: September 15, 2015, 02:54:53 AM
(You think you can shorten/work with what you have and revisit the other plot points later?)

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #6476 on: September 15, 2015, 03:01:07 AM
(Yeah, I can do that. The problem was that I was trying to shove so many different ideas and plot points in one post, that I ended up with something confusing.

I'll try to refine the structure of it.)

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #6477 on: September 15, 2015, 03:02:42 AM
(Yeah don't worry I've been in that situation quite a few times.)

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #6478 on: September 15, 2015, 03:07:16 AM
The Azure Noble rested near a larger piece of space debris, Blue bit her lip waiting for the blips to get closer-her sensors were being enhanced by the station-hopefully her enemies lacked any such advantage. "Come on--closer--closer--"  Suddenly the computer beeped warning that enemy fire had locked onto her--a missile of some sort.

"Oh Cra---" The cockpit shook and the Azure Noble was sent flying as the asteroid broke up-covering the nearby space in dust and smaller rocks that did little more than make target lock an absolute nightmare. Lacking the experience of her enemies Blue fired wildly into the cloud with her hand beam guns grunting in frustration when she failed to see any explosions.

((So what mecha would I be fighting, I should have asked before.  8D ))

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #6479 on: September 15, 2015, 06:47:44 AM
(Peebs needed to teleport Borock-bot's Vic Viper in.....)

(For right now, he can help Kit out with the ISS's defenses)

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #6480 on: September 15, 2015, 06:49:06 AM
(Okay I can do that, how does that work exactly?)

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #6481 on: September 15, 2015, 07:08:42 AM
(Here, I'll help! XD)

Sakura, Asch, and Borock-bot scrambled for battle stations, ready to man their mobile suits and aid Fxeni.

"Peebs, we didn't bring the Vic Viper here with us!" Sakura told her. "Can you transport it here?"

"Negative." PBPB said while putting back on her Normal suit! "I have to get to the SexStation ASAP and there's not enough time nor energy to do a double transport. Borock-bot! You help Kit out in Main Ops with the ISS's defensive systems. We don't know what kind of force they're coming with, so do everything to keep the shields up."

"Right!" Borock-bot responded.

"You two. Except when it comes to calling me Peebs, follow Fxeni's orders out there. He's the more experienced pilot out of all of us. Watch each other's backs, hold the line. Fly well and keep safe!"

((So what mecha would I be fighting, I should have asked before.  8D ))

(Zaku Joe's and Gouf Joe's for now  8))

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #6482 on: September 15, 2015, 07:26:31 AM
"You be careful too and make sure you help Blue as much as you can." Sakura said as she started to put on her space suit as well "She hasn't piloted a Gundam before so she could be in real danger right now."

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #6483 on: September 15, 2015, 08:43:39 AM
Dr. Wily II looked at his main console in glee at the sight of his space-faring Zaku Joes and Gouf Joe, ready for battle. And one wave has apparently contacted a Resistance mobile suit.

DWII - Good... My mobile suit Joes are really coming along nicely... But a force isn't a force without a leader... *brings up feed from the Medical Bay* ... Medic Man, how's boforte?

Medic - Doctor~ He's mostly recovered~ Though he still speaks of a weird sun apparition haunting him. Silly boforte~ 

DWII - ... Right... Get him prepped up for teleportation to the Wily II Star... He should be happy with what's ahead.

Medic - Yes Doctor~

Dr. Wily II rubbed the bridge of his nose, remembering a bit about some Tarot Cards... Either way, nothing can stop his space forces! Especially with the surprise he has up his space sleeve...

Not long after, boforte was teleported to the Wily II Star, and apparently into the spacious hanger bay.

boforte - What does the old coot have this-

Before boforte could finish his statement, the spotlights came on, and shone onto a huge mobile suit. boforte looked at the suit, and a huge smirk was on his face.

boforte - That old man isn't as useless as I thought! With this... I will make the Resistance pay!!

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Strider Xhaiden

• The Token Brit.
  • Master's Unit
  • Never "Great", just varying degrees of "OK".
    • View Profile
Reply #6484 on: September 15, 2015, 10:53:30 AM
(I find it an amusing coincidence that boforte is being haunted by a "weird sun apparition" right as a solar-powered cyborg enters the story.

In answer to your question, Sakura: No new weapons for Xhai. Yet. I've had a really cool idea for one, but if it pans out like I hope it will, it'll be a while before he gets it.

I did have one question in response, though: St. Acidburg - Ruined but still identifiable or gigantic smoking crater? I've had an idea for a conversation that can take place while our group is travelling there, but I'd like to clarify the situation so I'm not contradicting what other people have said.

Speaking of, feel free to move them on. I don't really have anything else I need to contribute at present.

I'm also tempted to edit Leo's bio slightly, and change the "can only manifest at night" bit to "can only manifest in sufficiently dark or shaded areas, most commonly at night" (with her strength and tangibility being tied in to the strength of the shade IE: Shaded area under a tree = Just about visible, whereas darkened room or at night = looks almost completely solid. ) I figure night and day don't really mean much in space, and it'd kinda suck if she was stuck as just a sword for the entirety of the SpaceStation sections of this

Finally, a bit of a strange question. Am I the only one here that's associating certain places with bits of music now? Whenever I try to picture St. Acidburg a certain piece of music keeps popping into my head.)

My Twitch channel. Random streams during the week.
Currently streaming: Transformers: Devastation

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #6485 on: September 15, 2015, 11:01:45 AM
(lol, the sun apparition was a leftover from earlier in the plot, and really had nothing to do with Xhai... Though... It can still become a trigger later. XD)

Offline Strider Xhaiden

• The Token Brit.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #6486 on: September 15, 2015, 11:06:34 AM
(lol, the sun apparition was a leftover from earlier in the plot, and really had nothing to do with Xhai... Though... It can still become a trigger later. XD)

(Yeah, I knew it wasn't anything to do with him. Just thought it was funny coincidence, just like Phi pointing out that Leo's current state has a slight parallel with PB's Sword of Omens.

Get me, expanding the mythos without even trying  :P )

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #6487 on: September 15, 2015, 05:34:12 PM
(St. Acidburg is pretty much in ruins, in fact there probably are some buildings still intact, there is a reason for that, but mostly it's in ruins.)

Offline Strider Xhaiden

• The Token Brit.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #6488 on: September 15, 2015, 05:47:35 PM
(Alright, cool. Thanks for that. Once we get moving I can get the ball rolling on a side-plot I just got permission for.

Incidentally, every time I try to picture St. Acidburg, I hear this in my head. I guess I kinda think of it as the BGM for that area now.)

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #6489 on: September 15, 2015, 05:59:12 PM
(Okay now that everything is wrapped up in the Survival Shack.)

After he finished sharpening Ammy's knife Fugo went out back to get the van while everyone waited outside.   When he pulled the van out front he pulled out a remoted, pointed it at the Survival Shack, and pushed a button.  The Shack locked it self up as walls wrapped itself around it like a Christmas present.

"Have to make sure security is tight after all." Fugo explained to the dumbfounded company "Especially at a time like this.  Anyway get in everyone, it's going to be a bit before we get to our destination."

(It doesn't actually look like a Christmas Present despite Fugo being a Christmas Ninja.  Just imagine that there's a layer of indestructible walls surrounding it now.)

Offline Strider Xhaiden

• The Token Brit.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #6490 on: September 15, 2015, 06:24:06 PM
Xhai opened one of the rear doors on the van, and motioned for Aaru to climb in first. She did so, removing Leo's sword from her back and resting it against the back of the driver's seat. Xhai quickly hopped in after her, seating himself next to her and folding his arms, clearly lost in thought.

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #6491 on: September 15, 2015, 08:44:08 PM
Ammy crawled in and sat himself awkwardly next to Leo, admiring the work on his knife. Satisfied, he sheathed it on his chest where it was before and strapped himself in quietly. He briefly snuck a glance at the sword leaned against the seat next to him. He considered touching it, but realized that it WAS sentient. The gesture wouldn't have been much appreciated.

"So... Uh... Talking sword, huh?" He settled on.

Offline Strider Xhaiden

• The Token Brit.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #6492 on: September 15, 2015, 09:53:48 PM
(Okey-dokey. Time to drive (heh...) the plot forward a little. And, apologies in advance, a MASSIVE expo dump is incoming.)

With everyone seated (though comfortably would be debatable), Fugo climbed into the driver's seat and fired up the van....

Ammy stole a glance at Leo's sword, propped up next to him. He hesitated for a moment, and then, awkwardly...

"So... Uh...Talking sword, huh?"

There was brief silence, and when Leo finally spoke, her tone was one of amusement.

In a sense. I did not always look like this.

There was a pause, and Leo audibly sighed.

I am far older than you perhaps might think. I believe Xhai told me on the day I met him that, from the time I remember, over 1000 years have passed.

Ammy's eyebrows knitted in confusion.

"Wait, if that's the case....I don't mean to be rude, but shouldn't your, um.....body...be rusted by now?"

Xhai had stirred from his musings enough to watch the conversation from the corner of his eye, and though his attention was focused on the road it was clear Fugo was listening intently as well. Aaru, however, had fallen asleep, curled up behind the passenger seat. When Leo spoke again, it was with a melancholic tone.

It is as you say. You may not believe my tale, but I swear on my honour that I speak nothing but truth. Once, I was a knight, in service to a king whose name seems to have been forgotten..... She trailed off, seemingly lost in recollections of times gone by, but resumed speaking quickly enough. I served loyally, and was held in favour both by my liege, and the people I had sworn to protect. One day, though, a sorceror appeared in the Royal Court, demanding that my liege swear fealty and surrender the kingdom to him. Naturally, my lord refused, and banished the sorceror from his lands. At the time, we had thought him nought but a raving madman, and dismissed his words from our thoughts. Eventually, we began to recieve word that some of the towns under our protection had been destroyed. Scouts were sent to investigate the stories, that we might learn the nature of our foe. None returned. Deeply disturbed, my liege sent a small company of my fellow knights, in hopes that their skill would save them from whatever dark fate had befallen the messengers. Nought but a few days later, one of them returned, gravely injured. Before he died, he claimed that the sorceror had returned, and was responsible for the destruction we had heard so much of.

Fugo spoke up from the driver's seat.

"One man defeated an entire company of knights?"

If Leo could have shaken her head, she would've.

Aye. But he did not do so alone. According to the messenger who returned to us, the sorceror....he...had somehow found a way to reanimate the dead, and ensorcel them into doing his bidding.

Ammy shivered at the mental image, and Xhai scowled despite himself. Leo continued.

At this news, my liege gathered all of the forces under his command, and set out at once to destroy this man who would dare disturb the rest of those who have already passed. There was only one battle, and it shall forever remain etched in my memory...For every one of the unliving we were able to dispatch, another would rise to take their place... Her voice grew heavy, and the mournful tone spoke greatly of how much it had affected her. And, should one of my fellows fall in battle, they too would join the sorceror's blasphemous army. We lost many a good soul that day...

Ammy had gone pale, and Xhai's scowl had only deepened as Leo continued her story.

It was clear that if the battle were to continue in such fashion, our defeat would be inevitable. So, I....I disobeyed my orders and charged headlong at the sorceror. I was badly wounded by the time I reached him, and yet somehow I found the strength to halt his evil ambitions. I do not know what eventually became of my fellows or the land I loved so dearly.

Ammy swallowed, and spoke hesitantly.

"You died."

Yes. The next memory I have is waking next to a campfire with my sword in my hand, and Xhai and Aaru sleeping. Believing them to be enemies, I attacked and demanded an to know what had happened. I could not believe what I was hearing when Xhai explained everything to me. And, even now, I still do not know how or why I am...as you see me now.

Xhai cleared his throat.

"From what I can tell, Leo's soul was somehow bound to her sword. I'm guessing the sorceror she mentioned had something to do with it. Some sort of curse, maybe. She's travelling with us because I agreed to help her find some answers, and....some closure, if I can."

A gloomy silence descended on the van, with everyone mulling over Leo's tale, until Ammy perked up again.

"Wait, you said you "woke up with your sword in your hand". How was that....?"

Ah, it seems I neglected to mention. I am not always restricted to this form. Whenever the sun sets and the moon hangs in the sky, my true body reappears as a shade. Regrettably, my sword is the only thing I am able to touch. It is....a cursed existence.

Ammy shot a glance out the front window of the van. The sun was beginning to dip low behind the horizon, and already a small cluster of stars were visible in the sky.

"So, back in the shop, when you told Fugo you looked forward to greeting him in person..?

Yes. Once darkness falls, I will able to speak to you directly. Being able to see this world with my own eyes is one of the few pleasures I can still enjoy, even if it is only for a small time.

Ammy fell silent again. There really wasn't a response he could give to something like that.

The ride continued in silence for some time, until Xhai turned his head towards the front of the van.

"Yo, Fugo. Could you tell us a little more about the guy you're fighting against?"

Fugo considered for a moment.

"You mean DrWilyII? Very well."

Xhai nudged Aaru awake as the ninja filled the group in on everything he knew about the mad doctor and his aspirations for world domination. Leo spoke up first once he had finished.

I apologise, but I must ask. You refer to our foe as "the Doctor". Some sort of title? I confess I am not familiar with the term.

Fugo blinked, and gave a brief explanation of what the title meant. When Leo spoke again, she sounded confused.

He is a man of learning, then? What could drive one possessed of such intelligence to commit such foul deeds?

There was an audible shrug in Fugo's voice.

"I suppose that's something only HE would know for sure....."

The van slowly ground to a halt, and Fugo turned to his passengers.

"Well, we're here. Welcome to St. Acidburg."

The group departed the van, but Leo's sword was left in the back. Ammy asked Xhai about, but the brunette just shrugged and jerked a thumb towards the moon hanging above them. Confused, Ammy was about to ask what he meant when Fugo tensed and stared at the sword.

As Ammy and Fugo stared in slowly dawning comprehension, the sword shifted, and seemed to levitate out of the van, coming to a rest in front of them at about hip-height. The air around seemed to shift slightly, and an ethereal figure materialised on front of them, appearing indistinct at first but quickly solidifying into the gently glowing figure of a person dressed in ornate looking white armour, one gauntleted hand wrapped around the hilt of the blade. A cape of deep-scarlet hung from their shoulders, and the faceplate of the helmet was patterned to look like a griffon, the beak forming between the eyes and hovering just over the exposed mouth. The eyeholes were currently glowing a solid, electric blue and seemed to pierce through the group.

The figure took a single, silent step forward (Ammy wondering for a moment exactly HOW a suit of armor managed to be silent. Then he mentally kicked himself when he remembered his previous conversation with Leo) and flourished their sword in a knights' salute, before planting it into the ground at their feet and removing their helmet, revealing a youthful, but still stern looking face framed by locks of pale blonde hair.

(I patterned her looks on Saber, so in terms of her face and hair, at least, she looks exactly like this.)

Moving her gaze over the group, a small smile graced her features, and she bowed deeply to both Fugo and Ammy.

"I am pleased to finally be able to speak to you in person. My name is Leocadia. It is an honour to meet you both...."

Meanwhile, on the other side of the planet, a group of Sniper Joes discovered the object their master had ordered them to locate. Lifting the skull-shaped pendant in one hand, and completely oblivious to the sickly aura emanating from it, the leader of the group turned and left the chamber....

(Whew. Okay, couple of points I just need to expand on, for everyone's sake:

1. Nobody needs to worry about following up on that last bit. That's the start of a plotline I've planned out, and I'll be handling all of the groundwork myself. It'll be a while before we revisit it, so don't sweat it too much.

2. When Leo is manifested, as she is now (at last!) she still moves like a normal human, so no levitation or anything. Her speech is still rendered in italics, but now it has regular speech marks, too. And finally, she isn't able to move more than a few feet from her sword, so she carries it with her whenever possible. Her body will fade at sunrise, and then Aaru or Xhai will reclaim the weapon.

Apologies again for the monster post. I get a little carried away when I get the creative side of my brain fired up.)

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #6493 on: September 16, 2015, 12:50:24 AM
(Hmm... I could probably make some stuff work with her backstory, if it ever gets to that point. Another subject for another time :P)

Fxeni now sat in the FXE-Z, fully prepared in his Normal Suit. After running a quick systems check, he opened a comm link to the rest of the group.

"Nahel Fxegama, be prepared to launch at any time! We may need covering fire!" He ordered over the comm.

"Affirmative!" the Captain replied, closing the comm.

"Alright guys... stick close to each other if possible. If we get separated and you feel overwhelmed, don't be afraid to regroup back near the ISS," he said to Sakura and Asch. "Fxeni, Fxescythe Zeta, Launching!"

With that, he boosted out of the Asteroid M, and awaited the other two nearby.

Irkalla surveyed the van stopping in St. Acidburg from atop her perch on a building.

"Come in, Mors... I believe I have sighted your marks now. Your hunch was right, the flashy ninja has brought them here," Irkalla says over the comm, kneeling over the edge.

"Have they made contact with the rest of the Resistance?" Mors replied quietly.

"Not yet... I'll be sure to inform Hel at once," Irkalla said with a grin.

Hel gently walks into Dr. Wily's lab with a slight spring in her step.

"Good Doctor~ It would seem the Resistance may have some visitors on the way in St. Acidburg~" She says with a smile. "Should I send Irkalla to intercept them right away, or would you like to send some forces there first?"

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #6494 on: September 16, 2015, 12:51:30 AM
(Not to be rude Vyse, but it's in bad taste to speak for or otherwise control another person's character without their prior consent. Please be a bit more mindful of that when writing a narrative. I don't mind so much because you captured Ammy's mannerisms pretty accurately, but not entirely. For instance, an army of zombies wouldn't have phased him in the least, even though the implications you stated afterwards would've shocked him a bit.

IC response comes tonight though.)

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #6495 on: September 16, 2015, 12:56:42 AM
(Sometimes we do take control of other characters at times, it happens pretty often sometimes, but I'll make sure to ask you before I do.  I usually try to be as accurate as possible with pretty good success for the most part.)

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #6496 on: September 16, 2015, 01:06:14 AM
(Good to hear. I'm a bit touchy about that since that's how I learned to RP but if you guys handle it different here I'm down.)

Offline Strider Xhaiden

• The Token Brit.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #6497 on: September 16, 2015, 01:08:23 AM
(Sorry. I'll try to avoid that in future.  :| )

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #6498 on: September 16, 2015, 02:24:59 AM
(Hmm... I could probably make some stuff work with her backstory, if it ever gets to that point. Another subject for another time :P)

Fxeni now sat in the FXE-Z, fully prepared in his Normal Suit. After running a quick systems check, he opened a comm link to the rest of the group.

"Nahel Fxegama, be prepared to launch at any time! We may need covering fire!" He ordered over the comm.

"Affirmative!" the Captain replied, closing the comm.

"Alright guys... stick close to each other if possible. If we get separated and you feel overwhelmed, don't be afraid to regroup back near the ISS," he said to Sakura and Asch. "Fxeni, Fxescythe Zeta, Launching!"

With that, he boosted out of the Asteroid M, and awaited the other two nearby.

Irkalla surveyed the van stopping in St. Acidburg from atop her perch on a building.

"Come in, Mors... I believe I have sighted your marks now. Your hunch was right, the flashy ninja has brought them here," Irkalla says over the comm, kneeling over the edge.

"Have they made contact with the rest of the Resistance?" Mors replied quietly.

"Not yet... I'll be sure to inform Hel at once," Irkalla said with a grin.

Hel gently walks into Dr. Wily's lab with a slight spring in her step.

"Good Doctor~ It would seem the Resistance may have some visitors on the way in St. Acidburg~" She says with a smile. "Should I send Irkalla to intercept them right away, or would you like to send some forces there first?"
Dr. Wily II spun around in his evil spinning chair to face Hel.

DWII - Visitors!? As if the Resistance isn't enough of a pain already... They have visitors!? *brings up video feed of St. Acidburg, and notices the van* Tsk... You know, I would like a demonstration of your comrade's skill...

boforte managed to find the cockpit of his new toy, and marveled at all the buttons on the console once he climbed inside. With a visible red button with the word "ON" on it, boforte slammed his fist into it, and almostly instantly, the engines whirred into life as the cockpit closed in on itself, and a vivid console flashed in boforte's face.

boforte - Time to bring on the CARNAGE!!

The huge mobile suit leaned forward slightly as the large hanger bay doors slid open. With hysteria, boforte launched out into space, and headed straight for Asteroid M...

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #6499 on: September 16, 2015, 02:50:51 AM
Hel's face revealed an extremely large smile as she opened up the comm link to Irkalla.

"Irkalla~ Would you kindly greet the van riders?" Hel asked.

"Finally, some action! I'm tired of sitting around!" Irkalla replied, shaking her black wings open excitedly.

"Now now, don't get too cocky... you wouldn't want me to have to clean up after you because you got sloppy, now would you?" Hel asked cheerfully.

"Oh uhh... n-no Hel... I'll examine them f-first..." Irkalla stammered, stepping away from the ledge and focusing on the group with her binocular vision.

"Glad to hear it~" Hel said as she closed the comm link. She turned to look at Dr. Wily II with a smile. "Let's see what this group can do."

(I'll wait until all the introductions and the like are done first.)