Wilypocalypse NOW

Protoman Blues · 394424

Offline Strider Xhaiden

• The Token Brit.
  • Master's Unit
  • Never "Great", just varying degrees of "OK".
    • View Profile
Reply #6450 on: September 13, 2015, 09:28:06 PM
(Apologies for the delay. Real life happened.)

While the two were discussing their business, Xhai was browsing the weapons lined up on the back wall of the shack. His intention was to find something he could keep hidden, and then use as a surprise back-up weapon whenever his scythe wasn't an option, but so far nothing had caught his eye.

He was broken out of his musings when the shack door opened again, and a silver-haired girl with a large sword strapped to her back poked her head in inquisitively. She cast a brief glance around the shop, and her face lit up when she saw Xhai. Pulling her scarf down, she hurried over to him, not even trying to disguise the huge grin on her face. Xhai smiled back as she stopped in front of him and started bouncing on the balls of her feet, clearly excited about something.

"Hey Aaru. What's got you in such a good mood?"

The girl - Aaru - plunged a hand into a holster strapped to her thigh and produced a kunai attached to length of chain. The blade gleamed under the light, and was clearly brand-new. Xhai gave an appreciative whistle at the quality of the weapon, but something was niggling at him.

"Nice......who did you steal it from?"

Aaru's face fell, and she frantically mimed something to him, ignoring the strange looks she was getting from the other people in the room. Xhai paused for a moment while he interpreted what she was trying to tell him.

"You....bought it?"

Before Aaru could respond, another voice spoke up, seemingly from nowhere. It had a vaguely echo-y quality to it, as though the speaker was at the other end of a very long tunnel.

The weapon was indeed acquired honestly. The required coin, however...

The voice trailed off in disgust, and Aaru glanced over her shoulder at the sword on her back and pouted. Xhai ran a palm over his face and sighed.

"You stole someone's wallet to pay for that, didn't you?"

Aaru at least had the decency to look somewhat ashamed, but quickly mimed something else in response. Xhai blinked.

"You're telling me you bought that thing with money you stole from a drug dealer?"

More frantic nodding from Aaru, and the disembodied voice spoke again.

She is speaking the truth. While I still feel such an act was entirely dishonorable, at least she did not steal from an innocent. Perhaps there is hope for her yet.

Aaru's gaze flickered between the sword and Xhai's stunned expression, and eventually settled for sticking her tongue out at him and looking away in an exaggerated "Hmph!" motion. Xhai rubbed the back of his neck, and shot Aaru a wry grin.

"C'mon now, I didn't mean it like that, and you know Leo doesn't approve of your....habits. Just....make sure you get your money's worth out of that, OK?"

Aaru's head snapped back round as he said those words, and a small smile formed on her lips as she nodded her assent. Xhai turned back towards the weapon display as Aaru pulled her scarf back over her face. He was interrupted again by a sharp jab to his ribs, and looked back to find Aaru jerking a thumb towards the other occupants of the room. Both of them were staring wide-eyed at the pair.

An awkward, extended silence followed.....

(A talking sword? What the heck, right?

As an aside, I'm working on getting visual depictions of all three of my characters. I can't draw for toffee, though, so I'm using Soul Calibur III's Create-A-Character mode to do this. Unfortunately, most of the custom gear is locked away in story mode, so it'll be a while before I get everything I need.

That, and it'll be the closest approximation I can get with what the game gives me. Still, better than nothing, right?  8) )

My Twitch channel. Random streams during the week.
Currently streaming: Transformers: Devastation

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #6451 on: September 13, 2015, 09:51:16 PM
"Well....you sure seem to have some interesting friends there." Fugo said somewhat awkwardly "Then again I'm certainly one to talk regarding that."

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Strider Xhaiden

• The Token Brit.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #6452 on: September 13, 2015, 09:58:05 PM
Xhai rubbed the back of his head sheepishly, while Aaru pouted and an offended gasp seemed to echo in the air around them. Xhai offered a shaky smile to the (assumed) shopkeeper and the other man.

"You....could say that, I guess. I trust them with my life though."

He paused, as though about to say something else, but shook his head and turned his eyes back to Fugo.

"Nevermind. I remember you mentioning something about how you're not surprised by the lack of customers here......What are these "recent events" you're referring to? Did I miss something?"

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #6453 on: September 13, 2015, 10:05:20 PM
"Wait....you haven't seen the News?" Fugo stated with a look of suprise. "Then again the News doesn't even have most of the crucial facts and is full of propaganda regarding what really happened, so that might be a good thing."

Offline Strider Xhaiden

• The Token Brit.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #6454 on: September 13, 2015, 10:08:29 PM
Xhai offered another weak grin.

"I...."

He paused, shared a look with Aaru, and nodded.

"WE do a lot of travelling, and most of the time it's through the wilderness, so we generally aren't in any one place long enough to keep up on current events. If you're THAT surprised that we don't know, though, I'm guessing it's something big."

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #6455 on: September 13, 2015, 10:12:23 PM
"I guess that makes sense." Fugo nodded "Tell me are you aware that there's been a War the past few months between Dr. Wily II and those who are standing up to him against his attempt at world conquest?"

Offline Strider Xhaiden

• The Token Brit.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #6456 on: September 13, 2015, 10:25:03 PM
Xhai frowned.

"DrWilyII? Never heard of the guy. Aaru?"

She shrugged.

Noting Fugo's incredulous expression, Xhai decided to elaborate.

"It's.....a long story, but let's just say that my friends and I have, in our own ways, been completely disconnected from society for quite a while."

The disembodied voice spoke up again.

I know nothing of this "DrWilyII" person, but if he is attempting world conquest then he is clearly without any sense of decency or honour. We CANNOT let this injustice go unpunished, Xhai.

Aaru nodded her agreement, and Xhai locked eyes with Fugo, his expression now deadly serious.

"We didn't know about this until just now, but if world peace is being threatened I think I speak for all three of us when I say that we can't just sit this out. Siding with this "DrWilyII" person is completely out of the question. I'm going to guess you're familiar with "those who are standing up to him?""

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #6457 on: September 13, 2015, 10:31:18 PM
"Yes I am." Fugo nodded "Several of our employees of high rank are fighting against him along with some of their friends.  And the sword is correct about Wily II, what he's done to achieve his goal is completely unforgivable."

Offline Strider Xhaiden

• The Token Brit.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #6458 on: September 13, 2015, 11:10:12 PM
Xhai stared at Fugo for a moment, then groaned and slapped a palm over his face.

"Gah, I am such an idiot. Where're my manners?"

Straightening, Xhai grinned.

"I'm Xhai, the girl next to me is Aaru-" Aaru waved at that "- and the "sword" you referred to is Leocadia."

A pleasure to meet you. Regrettably I am unable to speak to you in person at present. I will make certain to reintroduce myself when circumstances change.

At Fugo's sceptical expression, Xhai gave a lazy wave.

"There's a story there, but she's telling the truth. The sword is just how she communicates when she can't be around in person. And, just to get it out of the way....."

He shared a look with Aaru again, and gave a small nod when she flashed him a thumbs up.

"Just to get it out of the way, Aaru is mute. That's why she hasn't said anything since she arrived. Luckily, you've got me to act as an interpreter"

He couldn't quite suppress an amused snort when she reached up to clock him around the head for his last comment. Running a hand through his hair, Xhai turned his attention back to Fugo, his expression serious again.

"So, now that the introductions are *mostly* out of the way. You've told us you're part of this "resistance". I only have one more question to ask: How can we help?"

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #6459 on: September 13, 2015, 11:12:56 PM
"Well I'm not actively fighting with the Resistance but I am supporting them regardless.  Are you saying you want to join them?" Fugo asked.

Offline Strider Xhaiden

• The Token Brit.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #6460 on: September 13, 2015, 11:38:42 PM
Xhai nodded, and Aaru flashed another thumbs up.

"Yeah. It's not in my nature to sit back and do nothing while innocent people are suffering. If I can help to end this war, then I'll do everything I can to assist."

As will I. As a knight, I am honour-bound to serve the people. My home may no longer exist as I know it, but my duty remains, regardless.

Aaru nodded in agreement, and then rubbed her fingers together in the universal shorthand for "money". Xhai sighed.

"Aaru's doing this for the same reason as us. She's just more willing to help herself to the enemy's possessions than we are. I'll make sure to keep her on a tight leash, I promise."

Aaru stuck her tongue out at him. Xhai merely quirked a brow in response.

"Actually, while I'm on the subject.....Aaru, give the young man in the blue shirt his wallet back, will you?"

Aaru put on a look of complete innocence at that, while Ammy appeared dumbfounded for a moment before frantically checking his pockets. A long moment passed, until Aaru visibly wilted under Xhai's half-lidded stare and fished a nondescript wallet out of one her pockets before handing it back to a visibly shaken Ammy. There was another pause.

AND the contents of the wallet.

Xhai's eyebrows almost shot up into his hairline at that. Aaru pouted and, reluctantly, withdrew a small stack of coins from another pocket. Handing those back to Ammy as well, she shot Xhai a look as if to say "There, happy now?" Xhai shook his head.

"You can give the shopkeeper HIS wallet back too."

He chuckled as Aaru flipped him off with one hand while fishing another pouch full of coins out of her shirt with the other. Dropping it on the desk in front of a stunned Fugo, she slouched back to Xhai's side and went into full-on Sulk Mode. Xhai shook his head.

"I really AM sorry about all that. Aaru's not very picky when it comes to valuables. If it makes you feel any better though, she's not as bad as she used to be."

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #6461 on: September 13, 2015, 11:46:12 PM
Fugo looked wide-eyed as he confirmed that his wallet was stolen and quickly put it back.

"Well despite the fact that I nearly lost my wallet I am impressed that she managed to make off with it without a Ninja noticing it." Fugo said sheepishly "As well as another customer's."

(I want to get Ammy's input on the situation before I actually move the plot forward more.)

Offline Strider Xhaiden

• The Token Brit.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #6462 on: September 13, 2015, 11:48:09 PM
(Yeah, I'm kinda running out of things to say, too. Eh, I need to get some sleep anyway.

For what it's worth (and I'm dating myself here), Aaru's thieving skills were directly inspired by 8-Bit Theater. The only things she *can't* steal are either nailed down or on fire. Haven't decided whether or not this will eventually extend to things that technically don't exist yet, though. I had the amusing idea of her defeating an enemy by stealing all of his remaining screentime.)

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #6463 on: September 14, 2015, 12:27:24 AM
The contents of the wallet being... Nothing but a couple old wrinkled business cards, some coupons, and a bit of lint."I'm glad you had the good will to return it... Exactly the way it was." He sighed with a very obvious air of exasperation. "I came in here for a job and a service, not to get myself involved in some kind of revolution. I apologize, but I'm going to have to de-"

"Wait... This could be my chance. If nothing else, to just get the hell out of this desert."

It was clear he was taking a moment to reconsider. "On second thought..." He looked over the three whom had followed him into the Survival Shack. "I... Think I will tag along, if it's no big deal to you. Just know dinner definitely isn't on me." He offered in agreement.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #6464 on: September 14, 2015, 12:30:58 AM
"You sure you want to join the Resistance as well?" Fugo asked "I can probably take you guys to someone who can get you guys where you need to be."

(By that he means he can drive you guys to St. Acidburg.)

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #6465 on: September 14, 2015, 12:38:35 AM
Fugo's warning wasn't exactly reassuring, but he had to stick by his stance. "I'm in."

He switched his attentions to Xhai, Leo, and Aaru. "Fugo already knows, but you three can call me Ammy. At least I'm pretty sure that's my name."

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #6466 on: September 14, 2015, 12:40:09 AM
"Pretty sure?" Fugo questioned with an eyebrow raised.

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #6467 on: September 14, 2015, 08:08:28 AM
Ammy coughed at Fugo's inquiry. "Ah, a joke. That's what that was. I'm kidding." He forced a laugh and then swiftly changed the subject. "At any rate, I'll need my weapon if it's ready soon...?"

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #6468 on: September 14, 2015, 08:10:43 AM
"Oh right, sorry give me a few minutes." Fugo nodded as he started to sharpen the knife again.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #6469 on: September 14, 2015, 08:47:51 AM
"Well I suppose thats it for now-head on back I need to make some adjustmen--huh?"

Suddenly the proximity alarms went off signifying near by hostile ID'd targets.

"Um--is this part of the training course?" Blue says curiously

"No-the sensors are picking three--no four targets heading your way--This is strange how did they get this close without tipping off our early warning defenses?" The Mechanic hit a few buttons beside him and the alarms within the station went off.

"I'll go see whats up then." Blue grinned begin to move forward.

"N-No wait that suit hasn't been tested in live fire combat yet, to say nothing of any practice testing of the weapon system!" The Mechanic replied in a panic.

"Well I didn't see any other suits in the hanger-I can't just sit back and let them attack!" Blue frowned.

"Ha--fine but please be careful, use the debris out here to get in close and wait until I can call some back up!"

"I will-thanks for teaching me how to use this, time to see if it works!" Blue grins excited to finally be fighting again before boosting toward the four signals.

((Anyone want to join in?))

Offline Strider Xhaiden

• The Token Brit.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #6470 on: September 14, 2015, 06:30:43 PM
Xhai nodded.

"Good to meet you, Ammy. Aaru, no stealing his stuff from now on, OK?"

Aaru gave a nod as well. Xhai's gaze flicked to the clock on the wall.

"Hm. Well, guess we'd better get ready to leave, neh?"

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #6471 on: September 14, 2015, 06:50:04 PM
(So no new weapons for Xhai?)

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #6472 on: September 15, 2015, 02:45:13 AM
Suddenly, alarms begin to blare off at the I.S.S. The crew of the Nahel Fxegama began to scramble into battle positions.

"What's the situation?" Fxeni asks aloud, awaiting a response from ADA.

"8 enemy units have entered range of the I.S.S., along with 4 attacking the Sexstation. Blue has launched to engage them, however she may require assistance," ADA explained over the comm.

"Damn! Well, let's send... umm..." Fxeni started to say, but then trailed off as he looked over the group. Some were good pilots, others were more inexperienced. He felt more comfortable if someone he knew was able to fight went to Blue's aid.

"Peebs, do you think you can go help Blue out? You can get there quick, and I know for sure you can handle yourself," Fxeni said, "The rest of us can handle the situation here."

"Stop calling me that or I'll make you!" PBPB replied. "I'll go help Blue out though, I'd hate to leave her there alone!"

"Come back here once you're done over there... something tells me we're in for a rough patch!" Fxeni said.

"You got it!" PBPB replied as she ran off to the 00Magi. The group watched as she got in and disappeared.

"Alright guys... shall we show them a good time?" Fxeni turned around and asked the others.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #6473 on: September 15, 2015, 02:50:10 AM
(Peebs needed to teleport Borock-bot's Vic Viper in.....)

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #6474 on: September 15, 2015, 02:53:14 AM
(Dammit, I really need to stop getting distracted and finish this...)