Wilypocalypse NOW

Protoman Blues · 394024

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #6225 on: June 09, 2015, 10:14:14 PM
(Thinking about what to reveal in Arche's upcoming posts, and what I should save for a later time.

I should probably wait for everyone to say their part, though, assuming there's a discussion going on right now?)

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #6226 on: June 09, 2015, 10:15:19 PM
(Yeah I'm assuming PB is still busy at work.)

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #6227 on: June 09, 2015, 10:37:32 PM
(I was waiting for Fxeni to comment about his doppleganger)

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #6228 on: June 09, 2015, 10:39:22 PM
(Ah okay then.)

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #6229 on: June 09, 2015, 11:42:29 PM
"Yeah... suffice to say, I didn't encounter anyone else's counterparts over there, but I seem to have angered mine. I hadn't known that he was... me... until the Fxenodrome encounter, to be honest," Fxeni explained. "He claims that he killed and captured everyone else, but it's likely he didn't do it alone. Wouldn't surprise me if he came up with a lot of the plans though."

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #6230 on: June 09, 2015, 11:44:06 PM
(Everyone is out of the room, right?)

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #6231 on: June 09, 2015, 11:45:47 PM
(Yes.)

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #6232 on: June 10, 2015, 05:02:08 AM
"Yeah... suffice to say, I didn't encounter anyone else's counterparts over there, but I seem to have angered mine. I hadn't known that he was... me... until the Fxenodrome encounter, to be honest," Fxeni explained. "He claims that he killed and captured everyone else, but it's likely he didn't do it alone. Wouldn't surprise me if he came up with a lot of the plans though."

"Another you running around out there?" Kit asked. "Hmmmmmm, maybe you could get a piece of that action as well, Peebs?"

PBPB looks at Kit, then looks at Fxeni! "You know, YOU brought her on board!!!"

"Yeah, but you teleported her back just now!" Fxeni remarked.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #6233 on: June 10, 2015, 05:22:01 AM
"Kit please don't say something like that, this is a serious and very dangerous situation here." Sakura said as she pinched her nose in slight irritation.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #6234 on: June 10, 2015, 05:34:25 AM
"Relax. Just lightening the mood a bit!" Kit responded. "Look, I was kept prisoner about a spaceship with no one to talk to but a crazy jailer robot master! I'm well aware of our situation."

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #6235 on: June 10, 2015, 05:42:14 AM
"Sorry." Sakura sighed "Though I think it's more that those sorts of comments make me uncomfortable."

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #6236 on: June 10, 2015, 06:03:45 AM
With everyone out of the room, Phi turned and faced the unconscious Arche. She was about to lean in closer, when she noticed something white on her lap. It was a small folded piece of paper.

"What the..." Phi stared at it briefly before finally picking it up.

Opening the paper, she discovered it was a note. The message inside simply read:

Go get 'em!
- Kit

She rolled her eyes, as clearly, it had a romantic undertone... But, it was also hopeful. Optimistic. She had to be sure that Arche was safe. Phi looked at him and smiled softly, depositing the note inside her jacket pocket.

Phi shut her eyes. Clearing any unnecessary clutter from her thoughts, she attempted to find Arche through the Morphogenetic Field. With only the drive to reach his consciousness, she steeled herself.

Here goes nothing!

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #6237 on: July 09, 2015, 01:06:42 AM
(Part 1)

Soft voices murmured and faded, echoing in the distance. In this maddening silence, those strange voices seemed to jar Arche's consciousness awake.

He let out a single, long tired exhale. He could have sworn he slept for ages, and even with his vision returned to him, all he could see was darkness.

"Wh-What the [tornado fang]? Where... am I?" Arche spoke wearily. His head felt like it had been stuffed with cotton, and every thought was a chore, rebounding off the walls of his mind. He desperately attempted to bear recollection of how he ended up here, or what he was doing before, however, his efforts proved unfruitful.

As he peered out in front of him, he started to see faint glimmers of light. One by one, they faded into existence, strangely resembling stars. They seemed to be coming closer to him, or perhaps, he was coming closer to them. Hues of vibrant colors filled the black void, and soon enough, Arche was left utterly speechless by what surrounded him.

For some time, he lost all fear and confusion, gaining awe and a strange sense of enlightenment, however, the flood of frightened emotions soon came crashing back and resurfaced itself into his mind.

He frantically looked around, until noticing something very peculiar; he couldn't feel his body. No physical form. Focusing solely on where he was and what happened, the last thing he would bother to check, obviously, never occurred to him. Arche peered down beneath him, then tried to stretch out his arms... but there was nothing. He immediately felt ill. "Th-This... This is crazy... Am I... Haha... Hahahahaha!"

Arche wanted to scream. To shout and kick out his legs in manic frustration and fear, but all he could manage to let out was a low, sad chuckle. That chuckle then grew into a hysterical laugh.

"Am I... dead? This is really it, huh? Aha... Hahaha..."

Only the dreaded silence greeted his proclamation of madness.

No body. No hope. Only what seemed to be the universe to bear his soul. He became quiet and the hysteria had dulled, as well. He drifted, letting everything go blank. Gazing at the curious space around him, Arche's mind relapsed to what he knew about the First Law of Thermodynamics.

That no energy in the universe is created, nor destroyed. But rather, every particle-- every atom-- within us, will go on to become something else. Perhaps something greater. A microbe, a tree in a rainforest or the clouds that observe us from above... This Law was not something Arche had given much thought to, but now, he couldn't help but settle into the possibility.

"Maybe I'll just... drift away..." He couldn't comprehend how he could see or speak without a body, though he couldn't begin to care at this point. Arche grew tired. "Yeah... Into the unknown..." A few seconds passed by.

"Pardon me. Do you insist on napping here?"

Suddenly, a strange voice entered the silence.

Whatever passed as Arche's eyes snapped open and he tried to find where the voice was coming from.

"Try not to be alarmed. You're not dead." The voice appeared behind him. As Arche turned around, he halted in place at what he saw. A semi-transparent white figure, devoid of any distinguishable features like a face, hair or skin. He looked like... a white silhouette. The only thing he could decipher was his gender.

"Wh-Who the hell are you?!" He shouted.

For a brief moment, Arche could somehow make out a semblance of a smirk on the man's face. "We can get to that matter at a later time. In any event, I've been expecting you for quite some time, Archetype."
« Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 08:57:13 PM by Phi »

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #6238 on: July 09, 2015, 01:07:25 AM
(Part 2)

"How do you know-"

"I imagine you have a few questions, by now," He interrupted him, and continued speaking in a calm manner. "Like, where we are, perhaps?"

Arche chuckled. "Massive [tornado fang]ing understatement. I have about a million questions, right now, but... Yes, just where the hell am I...?"

The ghastly man turned from him and stared out into the stars, his hands neatly folded behind his back. "The Realm Between Realities." He said simply. "Or, I suppose you can also call this the Possibility Space. The decisions we make spawn alternate worlds and shape the foundation of what is perceived before you."

Arche had no response. He wanted to speak up, but every time he tried to, his eyes caught attention to the brilliant mist of colors and bright, shining stars that populated the void.

This was a... Realm between Realities? This was insane… right? I… I must be dreaming. Yes, that has to be it. Some crazy, twisted dreamscape that I entered. He hammered these thoughts into his mind.

He was finally going to speak, when the man cut him off. "Yes, I will certainly explain this in more detail. You see, you jumped to an alternate world. Or, I should say, you jumped and I intervened before you could reach your destination. This is why you're here; think of this as a flux between worlds."

He motioned his hands to the flickering lights in the distance. "See those? Each and every one of those lights are portals to alternate worlds, and the lines between those lights are what connects them."

Arche blinked. "So, those are all different realities? And wait, what do you mean lines? I don't see any lines, only those star looking things."

The silhouette man faded away, then reappeared behind him. "That's because this is your first jump. You aren't used to the Morphogenetic Field yet, therefore, you cannot see the entire picture until you've learned to accept this ability. Time is very fragile. You need to understand the true nature of the Field before you can become the hero you so desperately wish to be."

Try as he might, he still couldn't make much sense of what was going on. Everything was happening so fast. Who was this guy? Some sort of spirit? An observer of time? His mind was spinning. Suddenly, he thought back to what the strange man said a few seconds ago, regarding his goal to become a hero. "How do you know about me? I've only told a few people about my reason for joining the Resistance."

"Heh." He chuckled rather quietly, "These things tend to fall into place. It's all apart of our mission, you see."

Mission? Arche thought for a moment, then recalled what Phi said weeks ago. She claimed that she needed Arche to help save the world from Wily's tyranny. That he was part of a much bigger goal. In fact, she phrased it as her 'mission'. That, along with this man's apparent ability to traverse the Morphogenetic Field, casted suspicion.

It didn't take long for Arche to put the pieces together, and he drew his gaze upon him. "Do you know Phi? Does... Does Phi work for you?"

"You're an astute one, aren't you?" He slowly floated around him in circles, as if judging him. "Well, let's get started, shall we?"

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #6239 on: July 09, 2015, 01:24:48 AM
(Are we waiting for Fxeni to respond again?)

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #6240 on: July 09, 2015, 01:31:11 AM
(Half the time I'm given nothing to work with, nor am I told that I'm the one holding things up apparently. Give me something to work with people!)

"I honestly doubt he'd have anything to work with anyways, Kit. He was already quite mechanical before I took his arms from him back in the other dimension," Fxeni said snarkily.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #6241 on: July 09, 2015, 01:38:54 AM
Sakura blushed madly at the comment Fxeni made while Asch shuddered a bit about the fact that Fxeni cut off someone's arms.

"Can we change the subject perhaps?" Borock-bot asked "I don't think discussing sexual innuendos nor dismemberment of one's appendages are good ways to lighten the mood as Kit was suggesting."

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #6242 on: July 09, 2015, 03:20:30 AM
"Yeah, you're probably right..." Fxeni said with a sigh. "Any activity from the Wily Star, Peebs?"

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #6243 on: July 09, 2015, 05:38:29 AM
"Well, it's being built. That's the primary problem!" PBPB said. "Even with the station's long range scanners, it's still unclear how close it is to being complete. I'd say we go blow the [tornado fang]ing thing up right now, but we're in no shape to launch a full scale assault. Even with my sexy new Gundam!"

"Are you calling it sexy now, Peebs?" ADA asked curiously. "Because I can have the registr..."

"No, that's fine ADA." PBPB responded to her. "And do you see? You've ever got HER calling me Peebs now! Dick!" she said while punching Fxeni in the arm.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #6244 on: July 09, 2015, 05:40:01 AM
"What's wrong with Peebs?" Asch asked with an eyebrow raised.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #6245 on: July 09, 2015, 06:26:05 AM
"What ISN'T wrong with it?" PBPB responded. "Do I look like the type of person that likes cutesy wutesy nicknames?"

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #6246 on: July 09, 2015, 06:30:14 AM
"I don't know, it doesn't seem too bad." Asch shrugged "It honestly sounds better than being called PBB in my opinion."

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #6247 on: July 09, 2015, 06:44:56 AM
"Well MY opinion is that nicknames from dumbasses suck." PBPB said while glaring at Fxeni.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #6248 on: July 09, 2015, 06:58:44 AM
"Lots of tension building up, right now. I gotta admit, it's kind of a turn on!" Kit bit her thumb nail and eyed PBPB.

(This tone is only a little different from my previous post. 8D)

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #6249 on: July 09, 2015, 07:35:02 AM
"You're a succubus. What exactly DOESN'T turn you on?" PBPB snidely asked. "You know what? Don't even come close to answering that. We need to focus here."

After a few minutes of walking around, they all wound up in Main Ops.

"Ahhhh, I see maintenance has really cleaned up the joint after th..." Kit started saying before PBPB interrupted her.

"CAN. WE. FOC. US. PLEASE?" PBPB yelled out. "Okay, there's still no explanation on how his Eternal Psychocellency is rebuilding the Wily Star so fast. Bottom line is, he's going to attack and it will be sooner. That small force he sent against us not too long ago was just a warm up. We're gonna need Sakura and Asch's mobile suits ASAP. Fxeni, do you think you can help them out with that?"