Protoman Blues · 393528

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #5500 on: November 07, 2014, 12:45:56 AM
"Well that's quite the tale," Taylor replied. "Apologies for being so blunt about it, I'm sure thinking about that is probably quite painful. What a shame that man took his rage out on losing one he loved on you simply due to your heritage. Or perhaps there was more to it than that?"

She paused for a moment as she poured herself a glass of root beer. Taking a small drink, she seemed lost in thought for a second before continuing. "It seems that the more you tell of this story, the more twists and turns there are... Not that I plan on exploring them all, honestly some of the deeper stuff is none of my business, but what I've heard already... It's quite interesting, if you don't mind me saying," she added with a bit of a smirk.

(Taylor sometimes gets too interested in multilayered tales, and forgets her manners as she seeks to dig to the truth of said stories)

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #5501 on: November 07, 2014, 12:57:10 AM
Zeta, Sakura, and Borock-bot looked at Taylor in surprise.

"Wow....usually people don't ask for more details....they usually just dismiss it as some crazy yandere guy who wanted 'revenge' for the death of someone he loved." Zeta stated.

"Indeed, that's surprisingly perceptive." Borock-bot admitted.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, what?!" Asch said in shock "There was more to that?"

"Yes....yes there is...." Sakura sighed.  "It's also kind of funny that she mentioned the word 'heritage' as well."

"Heritage, what are you talking about Sakura?" Asch asked her.

".......There was a deeper reason for why he killed my father, why he hated my father.......something I hid in fear of the same thing happening to me...." Sakura said slowly.

"Fear, what could you possibly be scared of?" Asch pressed her a bit, he could tell it was bothering her, but at the same time he remembered that she mentioned that her father died in a similar way PB wanted to die and he felt like he had to know.

Sakura looked around at everyone in the room before making a decision.

"I suppose I really shouldn't hide it any longer, but I must ask that this doesn't get heard by ears outside of the Resistance, is that clear?" Sakura said finally.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #5502 on: November 07, 2014, 01:24:30 AM
Phi nodded, "Trust me, I have an entire vault of secrets that I've yet to tell anyone, besides a select few. I can surely keep another."

"You have my word, as well," Arche stated after a gulp of water.

(Many of those secrets that Phi was talking about are from her journeys to alternate realities. Sensitive information that can't be revealed until the right moment. The rest are from her past.)

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #5503 on: November 07, 2014, 03:12:00 AM
(it's funny cause i only said heritage in the sense that sakura was the product of her parents, nothing deeper than that, but that works lol

And like I said, Taylor loves multilayered stories, because there's always another layer to find. It's like digging for treasure in a way)

"My lips are sealed regarding this," Taylor said.

"As are mine," HeatGabumon added.

AND I'LL JUST GO INTO STANDBY SO I DON'T HEAR ANY OF THIS, NOT THAT I'D TELL ANYONE OF COURSE, Sam added before whirring to sleep.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #5504 on: November 07, 2014, 03:14:32 AM
(I know, it was just a coincidence but it was exactly the idea of what's going on here.  But even Sakura doesn't know exactly what it means. XD)

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #5505 on: November 07, 2014, 09:29:06 PM
(Okay, here we go.)

When Sakura saw that everyone agreed to keep her secret she released a sigh as if beginning to release some of her stress.

“Very well then….Zeta?”  Sakura addressed.

“What’s up?” Zeta asked.

Sakura took the locket and slid it over to Zeta.

“Open the locket and start passing around to everyone.” Sakura ordered as she started to move her hands to her hair.

“Okay, going to take a bit, lockets aren’t exactly the easiest to open you know.” Zeta said as she fiddled with it.

Sakura nodded as she proceeded to pull back her hair behind her ears…..revealing pointed ears.

“Sakura…..you’re an elf?” Asch asked.

“That’s the first thing everyone guesses, including myself, but I’m actually not. I heard stories that Elves could sense other Elves so I asked Vixy if I was an elf, since she’s half elf, and she said I wasn’t.” Sakura explained.

“I see, so if you’re not an elf what are you then?” Asch continued.

“The thing is….I really don’t know….no one seems to either.” Sakura said looking down.

“Oh….I guess I should have guessed that.” Asch nodded “But why hide them?”

“Because my father was murdered because that guy thought he was a demon…..and I feared the same could have happened to me.” Sakura admitted.

“How could that guy possibly thought your dad was a demon?” Asch questioned.

“Because Saki’s dad also had red eyes.” Zeta answered as she finally opened the locket “Red eyes and pointy ears are very common traits of demons.”

Inside the locket was a picture of Sakura’s parents, her mother looked like a normal human being with reddish brown hair and hazel eyes.  Her father on the other hand had a dark brown almost olive hair, red eyes very similar to PB’s and pointed ears.  He also had the same mysterious eye symbol on his clothes that Sakura’s locket and book had.

“So if he thought that your father was a demon…..” Asch started.

“Then it would have stand to reason that he thought that my father forced my mom to fall in love with him to give birth to a ‘demon hell spawn’ but the strain of giving birth to a ‘demon’ killed her.  So he thought that was enough justification for him to murder the man that he hated and the ‘demon hell spawn’.” Sakura explained “That’s what my father told Fenri’s mom before he died.”

“But you don’t have red eyes Sakura.” Asch pointed out.

“Normally I don’t….but when I fight, even in a Pokémon Battle, my eyes turn Red because that’s when my Ego spikes, unlike PB and Hitomi who have more powerful Egos and Red eyes all the time.” Sakura explained. “I feared that if someone saw that and my ears then they would accuse me of using cloaking magic and out me as a ‘demon’.”

“I…see.” Asch said as he frowned at Sakura’s situation.

([spoiler]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8Kyi0WNg40[/spoiler]

So yeah Sakura was only half human the entire time, I just went Tales of Series on everyone's asses with race discrimination problems.....even though the Tales of Series wasn't exactly where I was going with it.

Also I'm not exactly sure if Elves can sense other elves, I think they can, but it was the only way I could think of to explain that Sakura is not a Half-Elf.  I get the feeling some people might have an idea of what Sakura really is.....but don't spoil it.)

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #5506 on: November 07, 2014, 09:38:21 PM
"Well then... Whoever killed your family was plainly just looking for an excuse to kill. Rather interesting that in killing those he thought to be demons, he acted more the part of a demon than his unfortunate victims, if you ask me," Taylor replied. "Thank you for this explanation and revelation, cause you really didn't need to share if you didn't want to. Personally I don't care whether your ears are round or pointy or in the shape of a horse, you're still you. And since you're using your powers to fight against these forces of Wily's to protect the world, I wouldn't even care if you actually were a demon. Some demons are pretty cool."

"Except demon Digimon. They tend to be jerks. Powerful jerks," HeatGabumon added. "Good for a fight though..."

"Indeed they are. Even though they've almost killed us... I don't know how many times... I lost count after 53."

"I don't think it was that many..." HeatGabumon replied, thinking about those encounters to do some mental math of his own.

(Let's just say there was a span of a few months when Taylor and HeatGabumon kept running into high leveled demon Digimon several times a day every single day.)

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #5507 on: November 07, 2014, 09:41:05 PM
(Beware the Random Battles. 8D)

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #5508 on: November 07, 2014, 09:42:58 PM
(It was like Dragon Quest 1-level random encounter rate in there!)

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #5509 on: November 07, 2014, 09:45:45 PM
(I was thinking more this.

All About Random Battles)

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #5510 on: November 07, 2014, 10:06:53 PM
(Hah I had forgotten about that video)

Offline Sapphire Knight

• Coffee-Powered
  • Master's Unit
  • Short for Sapphire Knight
    • View Profile
    • Sapph's DA
Reply #5511 on: November 07, 2014, 10:58:57 PM
Sapph and his digimon had simply been eating tuna noodles and listening quietly as everyone talked. "I suppose it's a good thing we're out here and not in the kitchen." Sapph said, tilting his head side to side. "Otherwise, Obsidian would be singing it to the rooftops."

"Considering you're surrounded by 'monsters', is being half demon really that big a deal?" V-mon asked, getting jabbed in the side by Impmon. "Ow!"

My thread of Random Crap

Who loves Grape Soda? Sapph loves Grape Soda! Is it true? Is it true? Ohyesohyesohyes it's true-oo~ I do I do I do I do-oo~

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #5512 on: November 07, 2014, 11:01:57 PM
"You forget an entire war was waged because our Ruler doesn't know the definition of modesty and some punk brat was 'like ewwww cooties' and decided that Beastkin are inferior to humans and should be subjugated." Sakura pointed out.

(Decided to use the term Beastkin to describe animal humanoids.)

Offline Sapphire Knight

• Coffee-Powered
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Sapph's DA
Reply #5513 on: November 07, 2014, 11:24:23 PM
"I suppose you have a point." Sapph said, shrugging. "Remember, we come from different worlds." He said, motioning to himself and his digimon. "Well, they're from another world, I'm from another planet." As with V-mon, Sapph got a jab in the side from Impmon. "Ow! Okay! I'll watch what I say!"

My thread of Random Crap

Who loves Grape Soda? Sapph loves Grape Soda! Is it true? Is it true? Ohyesohyesohyes it's true-oo~ I do I do I do I do-oo~

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #5514 on: November 07, 2014, 11:27:13 PM
"But, Sparky is gone now," Arche said, "Why hide what you truly are? You wouldn't be subjugated."

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #5515 on: November 07, 2014, 11:43:00 PM
"I suppose you have a point." Sapph said, shrugging. "Remember, we come from different worlds." He said, motioning to himself and his digimon. "Well, they're from another world, I'm from another planet." As with V-mon, Sapph got a jab in the side from Impmon. "Ow! Okay! I'll watch what I say!"
"I understand." Sakura sighed "It really doesn't help that we had some sort of demon invasion 2 years ago either....."

"But, Sparky is gone now," Arche said, "Why hide what you truly are? You wouldn't be subjugated."
"Because not everyone is like everyone here.  PB once told me that in certain points of history in his world people were not only subjugated at best  but killed at worse for such things like Religion, different skin tones and even people who are percieved as strange would be burned at the stake or drowned." Sakura continued "People even now are wanting to kill PB and maybe even some of us because they think PB destroyed St. Acidburg of his own free will, that he's a monster.   People fear what they don't understand, and in turn eliminate what they fear. 

You've all been to St. Acidburg, I'm sure you guys didn't have a warm welcome there."

"You hit the bullseye right there." Asch sighed.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #5516 on: November 07, 2014, 11:59:45 PM
"She definitely has a point," Phi agreed, "Look what happened to me because I possessed a rare ability. Because I was different. I was picked at and experimented on... you're lucky that they didn't get to you, Arche."

"Y-Yeah..." Arche thought for a moment. He, too, had those abilities, yet they never experimented on him. Why was that? Did the Nonary Organization have all the test subjects they needed? This was the first time that Arche gave any serious thought to this.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #5517 on: November 08, 2014, 12:17:34 AM
"Precisely, even though RPM is usually very open about such things and we have many different races here you can understand my hesitation and fear of letting people know I have these ears.  It doesn't help that I don't even know what I am myself, and the only person who seemed to, my father, is dead." Sakura nodded.

"I'm sorry you that you have to fear something like that." Asch stated "So what does this have to do with why you're mad at PB."

"The situations between my Father's death and St. Acidburg are very similar." Sakura pointed out "Someone or some people hated someone and therefore want them gone.   PB decided that despite the fact that it wasn't his fault decided that he should be killed. 

Someone who has told me for years, that even though there is much evidence to the contrary that I shouldn't hide myself in fear that people would want to kill me, decided that when faced with that situation himself that he was going to sacrifice himself instead of proving that what happened in St. Acidburg wasn't his fault but Wily's.  You have any idea what's that's like, to have your worst nightmare almost come true and to have someone act in the exact opposite of what they say by saying they want to die for some percieved 'sin'? 

I understand that what he's going through was absolute hell, I know that more than anyone, but when he did that my heart broke in 2 because I couldn't believe that he would just throw his beliefs aside and give up just like that.  So that's why, at the moment, I am pissed and disappointed in him."

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #5518 on: November 08, 2014, 12:24:58 AM
"I'm sorry but I'm gonna have to correct you on one thing there, Sakura," Taylor said. "You know exactly what you are. You are a member of the resistance. You are a friend to so many, be they people, Pokemon, and even robots. And perhaps most importantly, you are Sakura Blues. Your ears don't change that, nor does what happened to your family. You are you and will always be you, nothing more and nothing less."

"Just as we will always be us," HeatGabumon added.

"Yeah. Our pasts shape us into who we are, and into what we are. You may not know exactly what went into your genes to give you those ears, but that doesn't change the fact that you..." Taylor trailed off.

"... are you," HeatGabumon finished.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #5519 on: November 08, 2014, 12:27:34 AM
(Sakura's last name here is Blues.)

"I know that, but people out there don't Taylor." Sakura sighed.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #5520 on: November 08, 2014, 12:39:24 AM
"Indeed, that's the point Sakura was trying to make all along," Phi stated.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #5521 on: November 08, 2014, 01:00:39 AM
(I honestly wasn't sure so I just put that knowing you'd correct me if I was wrong lol. Fixed)

"They also didn't know we were there to help in St. Acidburg. But what they think doesn't matter. They don't know you, they just respond and react without thought, even moreso in the wake of the disaster. But as long as you know that, that's what's important," Taylor replied.

ARE YOU DONE WITH THE AFTERSCHOOL SPECIAL SPEECH, CAUSE I TIRED OF IT AS SOON AS YOU BEGAN, Sam chimed in.

"Oh hush."

Offline Sapphire Knight

• Coffee-Powered
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Sapph's DA
Reply #5522 on: November 08, 2014, 01:20:54 AM
[Hmm... Any thoughts on when/how/if Sapph will go into detail on some things about why Obsidian called him what he did (since he's gonna keep calling Sapph that)?]

My thread of Random Crap

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #5523 on: November 08, 2014, 01:43:28 AM
(I honestly wasn't sure so I just put that knowing you'd correct me if I was wrong lol. Fixed)

"They also didn't know we were there to help in St. Acidburg. But what they think doesn't matter. They don't know you, they just respond and react without thought, even moreso in the wake of the disaster. But as long as you know that, that's what's important," Taylor replied.

ARE YOU DONE WITH THE AFTERSCHOOL SPECIAL SPEECH, CAUSE I TIRED OF IT AS SOON AS YOU BEGAN, Sam chimed in.

"Oh hush."
"Taylor....weren't you paying any attention to what they were saying in St. Acidburg?" Asch facepalmed "They said that we killed people, shot them down even though there was no proof, and believed in Wily's lies.  I don't think what they think is much less important than what we think, especially since I was accused of being PB and molested by girls trying to take off my 'wig' or taking my clothes off to see if I had a dick or not while Devia almost got hit in the head with a brick."

"Molested?!" Sakura shouted in shock.

"It's....a long story." Asch groaned.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #5524 on: November 08, 2014, 01:49:33 AM
"I think that proves that I was paying ample attention. Knowing what side PB is aligned on (namely, ours) and seeing him cause all the destruction, regardless of the reasons behind it, they lapped up Wily's fallacies like a thirsty dog drinking water. Wily used that reactionary demeanor the general populace there shared to his advantage, not revealing that it was him pulling the strings the whole time. He told them we were to blame fully, they reacted as such," Taylor retorted.

She paused, drinking a bit more of her root beer before continuing. "And plus, I was merely using them as an example. They didn't know we were there to help because Wily told them we were there to destroy what little was left of their homes. Just like in other places people don't care. Most of us who went to St. Acidburg were new faces to them, and much like anything new they judged us harshly. In that case it was also because of Wily's lies, but in other places people judge that which they do not know, and not always for a reason they're aware of."