Wilypocalypse NOW

Protoman Blues · 393876

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #3125 on: July 18, 2013, 08:00:41 AM
(You know, the entire subject of the "robot experience" is very complicated to tackle.

When all is said and done, the 5 senses are merely something your brain processes. You touch something burning hot, and the nerves immediately send signals straight to your brain, commanding you to pull your hand away. Hear something, and your eardrums vibrate, sending information to your brain.

The brain is an information processing center. That's why the more complex robots have a very similar influence of information processing that simulate human-like behavior.

And this is only the very basics.)

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #3126 on: July 18, 2013, 08:01:54 AM
(I guess, though it was more like he didn't have your memories, ego, emotions, and titanium instead of skin.  I still don't really know how exactly a robot and a human are different in the sense of touch if only very minor differences.  

[spoiler]One of the reasons Zeta doesn't like being naked, other than being in a shower, is that she's about 5 times as sensitive to everything that she normally is.[/spoiler])

(You know, the entire subject of the "robot experience" is very complicated to tackle.

When all is said and done, the 5 senses are merely something your brain processes. You touch something burning hot, and the nerves immediately send signals straight to your brain, commanding you to pull your hand away. Hear something, and your eardrums vibrate, sending information to your brain.

The brain is an information processing center. That's why the more complex robots have a very similar influence of information processing that simulate human-like behavior.)
(That's pretty much what I was really thinking but have a horrible time of describing.)

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #3127 on: July 18, 2013, 08:11:39 AM
(There are different levels of the senses though. What was just described is just the basic information processing of it. What about the pleasure received from it? How does a machine know the joy of eating a perfectly grilled steak or the difference between a bar of Nestle's chocolate and the purest heavenly chocolate from Belgium? Why does someone like myself love the taste of Mango Lemonade while other people do not? Why does listen to a certain song give someone goosebumps while another doesn't care for it at all? Why does one joke make a person laugh and another frown? These are not minor differences. These are what make a person who they are. Machines, robots, etc. are programmed to experience and simulate the tactile sensation of it, but not the personal emotion derived from it.)

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #3128 on: July 18, 2013, 08:17:30 AM
(I guess you kind of have a point, though I feel sorry for ADA since I really don't think it's really possible for her to have a human body.  Even with crazy science she would need a dead one and that will decompose really quick, you can't just create a human body out of thin air.)

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #3129 on: July 18, 2013, 08:20:24 AM
(Indeed you cannot.

Yet...  [eyebrow])

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #3130 on: July 18, 2013, 08:21:08 AM
(As long as ADA doesn't get pregnant.)

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #3131 on: July 18, 2013, 08:21:33 AM
(She'd need a body first!)

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #3132 on: July 18, 2013, 08:23:15 AM
(The concept still weirds the [tornado fang] out of me man.)

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #3133 on: July 18, 2013, 08:28:42 AM
(...pregnancy? XD)

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #3134 on: July 18, 2013, 08:29:58 AM
(No the whole Human sense of touch vs a robots and the whole ADA wanting a human body thing.)

(EDIT: come to think of it the only way I see ADA getting a human body is if Hitomi used her God Like Powers,)

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #3135 on: July 18, 2013, 08:40:45 AM
(No the whole Human sense of touch vs a robots and the whole ADA wanting a human body thing.)

(EDIT: come to think of it the only way I see ADA getting a human body is if Hitomi used her God Like Powers,)

(Well, ADA is unique. She's not a robot wanting to be more human. She's a A.I. program that's never had the sensation of touch before. The experience of joy. The sensation of the simplest of pleasures that we take for granted. Do you think about what it's like to simply breathe in the fresh air? Or have a craving for water or juice in the middle of the night? Do robots even think about that kind of thing? Now imagine a computer program getting to experience all of that for the first time, as well as have access to something she's never had before; imagination!

A human imagination combined with the processing power of a super computer Ooooooh!  [eyebrow])

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #3136 on: July 18, 2013, 08:43:42 AM
(Honestly, I could go into walls of text on various theories on how emotion could apply to robots. Of course, in this day in age, it is nowhere near possible to program artificial intelliegence as such; but there are explanations on the possibility.

Interestingly enough, emotions falls right back into information processing; as does the subject of "sensation". Some say it's impossible for robots to truly feel emotion, others claim emotion is no more than an endless mix of experience and information. Now, "information" is an incredibly vague and loose word to use for dicussion, but it is a key word for the meaning of "emotion".

There are hundreds of interpretations, but there's no point in further plowing through these controversial waters in this thread.)

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #3137 on: July 18, 2013, 08:45:39 AM
(No no I get the part about ADA experiencing things she hasn't before that we take for granted it's just the part about the Human sense of Touch and Taste being different from a Robot's that still kind of confuses me.  I mean I kind of get it since Asch is not affected by Spiciness but at the same time I would think a Robot would develop preferences.  

Either way you still have to teach Zeta Pizza Science whether she understands it or not!)

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #3138 on: July 18, 2013, 08:56:40 AM
(Let me end all this with a simple question: Do robots dream of electric sheep? 8D)

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #3139 on: July 18, 2013, 08:59:24 AM
(The answer is yes, Zeta usually has recurring nightmares that I haven't gone into yet.)

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #3140 on: July 18, 2013, 09:03:55 AM
(The "not affected by Spiciness" is kinda my point. That's what I'm talking about when it comes to the difference between being human and being a robot. Both can tell that it's spicy. But really only one can determine whether or not they like it. It's the same with me & raspberries. People love em. I cannot stand them.

If you go by Star Trek "Data" logic, Dr. Soong actually manages to compress emotions onto a chip which can be installed. I'm not saying it's impossible. I'm just saying there will always be differences between how human's experience things and how robots do.)

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #3141 on: July 18, 2013, 09:06:56 AM
(Okay now it makes sense somehow.)

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #3142 on: July 18, 2013, 09:08:20 AM
(The answer is yes, Zeta usually has recurring nightmares that I haven't gone into yet.)
(A SHEEP MAN FOR YOU *throws Sheep Man at Sakura*)

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #3143 on: July 18, 2013, 09:18:01 AM
(Plus, for all you know she might wind up with a robot body!  [eyebrow])

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #3144 on: July 18, 2013, 09:25:22 AM
(Did someone rang? 8D)

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #3145 on: July 18, 2013, 09:27:25 AM
(Have fun writing Ant Man! XD)

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #3146 on: July 18, 2013, 04:29:14 PM
(I might try a short one, but that would need me on my lappie, and to rewatch that vid of Inferno. XD)

Posted on: July 18, 2013, 15:35:58
(OK, just some short filler. I'll leave the rest of Ant Man for you, PB. XD)

It wasn't long before Ant Man, while carrying Quickie, reached the Floating Castle. The 2 Robot Masters stared in awe at the sheer majesty of the structure, and marvelled at its blatant defiance of common physics.

Ant - Such sheer magnificence! Our queen will be pleased with this additional nest!!

Quickie - *facepalm* Could you stop calling the Emperor that.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #3147 on: July 19, 2013, 08:53:11 AM
(Yes, Wily II. Embrace the Inferno! XD)

Posted on: July 18, 2013, 09:11:26 PM
"I'm going to scout the base and see what we can use!" Quickie told Ant Man.

"Excellent idea, fellow wor.." Ant Man started to say before Quickie ran into the castle, then came back outside. "ker drone..."

"Looks like DZ did a bit of house cleaning before he left. None of the electronics work. No weapons, no communications, no nothing. Still, the castle itself is still intact. A few spikes here, some disappearing blocks there, maybe a obnoxiously loud death beam or eight, and I think we're in business!" Quickie said, thinking of design choices.

"Bah. Death Beams? Unnecessary and overplayed." Ant Man stated. "We shall fill the colony with fellow worker drones and WE shall protect our queen!"

"Over..OVERPLAYED?! OLDB'S ARE A GODDAMN CLASSIC, YOU INFERNO WANNA BE WALKING LAWSUIT!" Quickie yelled at him as she took our her Quick Boomerangs, ready to kill him.

"YOU DARE DEFY ME? THE ROYALTY SHALL HEAR OF THIS!" Ant Man yelled out before charging up his flamethrower, when suddenly a flying Met with a screen appeared.

"Quickie. Ant Man. STATUS REPORT!" Dr. Wily II said.

"Our new nest is secured, my queen." Ant Man told him.

"...Riiiiight. Quickie, status report with non-embarrassing words!" Wily II asked after facepalming.

"Emperor, I have scoped out the castle. DZ left nothing for us to use, electronics wise. Neither the weapons or communications are working. The structure itself is still sound, and well fortified. As far as I can tell, he left no traps. It is yours to claim, my master." Quickie stated while kneeling before him.

"Excellent. EXCELLENT! MWAHAHAHAHAHA!!! You two will stay there until further notice. I will send a castle construction crew to get things working. Quickie, you vill be in command over there. See to it that everything is ship shape soon!" Dr. Wily II.

"Of course, Lord Wily. I shall begin immediate construction of the OLDB's as soon as they arrive, that way we will ha..." Quickie stated before being interrupted.

"Communications are your first priority. Then you vill vurk on an airship construction yard, along vith solider manufacturing and proper shielding for the exterior." Dr. Wily II commanded.

"...No obnoxiously loud death beams, master?" Quickie said with a somber, puppy dog look on her face.

"...BAH, fine. You may install some. Consider it your reward for your brilliant vurk in St. Acidburg. JUST NEVER GIVE ME THAT LOOK AGAIN!" Wily II demanded.

"Yes, Emperor Wily. Your new castle will be a testament to your new world order." Quickie stated. "It will stand as a beacon to your power as the forces of Wily rain terror from above!"

"Very poetic. See that it is!" Dr. Wily II said. The Met began to fly away and Dr. Wily II could be heard talking to himself. "Unbelievable. HOW CAN EVIL EVEN USE PUPPY DOG EYES?"

"You are lucky the royalty favors you so well, drone!" Ant Man stated with disgust as Quickie sped over to him, tossed him on the ground, and put her boot on his head.

"Remember your place, insect. Under. My. Heel!" she stated before taking her boot off of him and walking into the castle.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #3148 on: July 19, 2013, 08:55:38 AM
(What's an evil base without some obnoxiously loud death beams? 8D)

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #3149 on: July 19, 2013, 09:17:47 AM
(Lol PB, lol. XD)