25th Anniversary Logo Leaked

The Great Gonzo · 13746

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
on: January 10, 2012, 01:53:33 PM
http://www.rockmancorner.com/2012/01/mega-man-25th-anniversary-logo-revealed.html
http://www.themmnetwork.com/2012/01/10/mega-man-25th-anniversary-logo-revealed/

...to be honest, if this is the final logo, then I'm a bit worried. Does it mean that CoJ will continue to ride the nostalgia wave (which has long since died down, I think), when it's the absolute last thing they should be doing? And what was it doing in that train wreck of an MMX1 port? Was THAT one of those "things" Capocm had planned for the 25th?

Offline Reaperoid

• Redundant
  • Master's Unit
  • d-don't fear the reaper
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: January 10, 2012, 02:07:56 PM
Just means that so far, we can't be expecting a new hero.
15th had EXE, 20th had Shooting Star. Last we saw Rock himself, was 10th.

I guess all I can really say is it isn't exactly what I'd expect out of a $4.4M game

It doesn't even have mouth animations

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: January 10, 2012, 02:34:49 PM
Looks cute to me.

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Da Dood

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Dood Trigger!
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: January 10, 2012, 04:21:44 PM
I'm more worried about finding out that this year is also Street Fighter's 25th. Remember when Metroid turned 25 last year, and Nintendo made all kinds of homages and even hired an orchestra to record music from the series and play it live? Oh, that was Zelda...
:|

Offline The Drunken Dishwasher

• ~Daydreamer~
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: January 10, 2012, 04:29:38 PM
Pretty cool logo. 

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: January 10, 2012, 05:36:33 PM
I'm cool with this, it's been a while since Classic Rock got his "main man" on, given the franchise is named after him and not one of his incarnations/Zero. Now, here's hoping that this year has some dramatically awesome news to make up for last year's chronicles of ineptitude.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #6 on: January 10, 2012, 06:00:13 PM
Know what would be funny?

If Universe and Legends 3 weren't actually canceled and they were working on them in secret this whole time to release this year.

It's not gonna happen, but it would be awesome. Here's hoping that the fact they're even acknowledging him with a logo (which is more than Nintendo did with Metroid) is a sign of better things to come.

btw this year's also Kirby's 20th.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: January 10, 2012, 06:06:58 PM
It certainly looks cute, and the 1up icon is certainly Iconic, but I'd be lying if I said it didn't worry me a little. That said, there's nothing wrong with "nostalgia" as far as the 25th logo is concerned, that's what the anniversaries are about. the logo looking nostalgic old school is totally fine. I'm worried though, that it might represent what Capcom has in mind for the anniversary.

(and considering where the logo was found, doesnt help)

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline N-Mario

• Video Game Veteran
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Video Game Veteran
    • View Profile
    • N-Mario's Gaming Universe
Reply #8 on: January 10, 2012, 07:35:51 PM
Just means that so far, we can't be expecting a new hero.
15th had EXE, 20th had Shooting Star. Last we saw Rock himself, was 10th.

Yea..... Not unless K.Inafune steps back up to Capcom and present a new MegaMan hero to them for the 25th, most likely will never happen. Or unless Capcom gives him the rights back so he can work on the game under his new company. But I doubt that will happen either. :-/

Capcom isn't known for originality any more. All they do now is crappy ports & crappy games, and a few that never make it outside of Japan. So Capcom would have to redeem themselves and earn our trust back before they can think about creating a new MegaMan hero for the franchise. :P

Offline Megaman-RA

• Revived, Reborn, Reawakened
  • Cyberelf
  • Revived, Reborn, Reawakened
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Page
Reply #9 on: January 10, 2012, 08:15:37 PM
I like it. It's pretty cool...

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: January 10, 2012, 08:17:30 PM
Those fuckers should finally do some kind of awesome crossover game. NOT LIKE OPERATE SHOOTING STAR, BUT WITH ALL OF THE [tornado fang]ing MEGAMEN!
It doesn't have to be canon, I just want it to be fun with a decent enough roster of playable charas AND cameo appearances.
And no, I don't want another shitty 8-bit nostalgia riding game. [tornado fang] THAT!

Except, it's not gonna happen and they'll probably release an artbook or some [parasitic bomb].
[tornado fang]

I like it. It's pretty cool...
Of course you do, sweetie.  Nobody is doubting that.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: January 10, 2012, 08:18:04 PM
I don't mind the design. I just do not like the color choices.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: January 10, 2012, 08:42:52 PM
Now that you mention it, what IS with the colors? Im surprised, no deep blue or gold for the logo like previous ones? Instead these odd pastels...

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: January 10, 2012, 09:17:35 PM
It's like candy colored.

Offline Karai

• with RICE
  • B-Class Hunter
  • (not) Missing in Action
    • View Profile
    • My stuff & HI SKORS
Reply #14 on: January 10, 2012, 09:19:12 PM
Pink & pastels... I say, new game ROLLWOMAN.

Offline KoiDrake

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
Reply #15 on: January 10, 2012, 09:24:25 PM
That logo looks really lazy

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: January 10, 2012, 09:25:17 PM
That logo looks really lazy

Hmmmmm.....

How about a contest for RPMers to design a better one?

Offline megaman24681012

• Toa of Ice
  • B-Class Hunter
  • Shoulda chose a better name.
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: January 10, 2012, 10:05:44 PM
Capcom actually put effort into something Megaman related? Given it wasn't MUCH effort, but still: Capcom remembers the game series that put them on the map as a VG developer? Huh.

And yes, I would love to participate in a contest for a better 25th anniversary logo. Too bad I suck ass at logo design.

On a different note, lemme guess how this year will roll out: Classic gets another lazy sequel, MMX9 is announced only to get cancelled 4 months after, Mega is AGAIN rejected in favor of another Street Fighter character in the next iteration of MvC3, A possible Mega reboot is on the way and his new look is absolutely atrocious, Capcom cock teases us with the possibility of developing MMZX3 only to yank out our hopes from under our feet, And are still determined to believe Megaman is only profitable as a non-video game brand.

Yeah, me am very pessimistic. But its better than foolishly believing Capcom still cares about him.

*looks around* Man, I'm going to be flamed beyond recognition now.

Kopaka: "That leaves you and I, Tahu Nuva."
Tahu: "No. That leaves only me."

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #18 on: January 10, 2012, 10:37:37 PM
Capcom actually put effort into something Megaman related? Given it wasn't MUCH effort, but still: Capcom remembers the game series that put them on the map as a VG developer? Huh.

And yes, I would love to participate in a contest for a better 25th anniversary logo. Too bad I suck ass at logo design.

On a different note, lemme guess how this year will roll out: Classic gets another lazy sequel, MMX9 is announced only to get cancelled 4 months after, Mega is AGAIN rejected in favor of another Street Fighter character in the next iteration of MvC3, A possible Mega reboot is on the way and his new look is absolutely atrocious, Capcom cock teases us with the possibility of developing MMZX3 only to yank out our hopes from under our feet, And are still determined to believe Megaman is only profitable as a non-video game brand.

Yeah, me am very pessimistic. But its better than foolishly believing Capcom still cares about him.

*looks around* Man, I'm going to be flamed beyond recognition now.

Dude... calm the [tornado fang] down. It's just a logo. We know virtually nothing more. Yeah, Capcom has let us down regarding the franchise in the past, but getting so visibly angry over that is just... immature. I'm sorry, but though this be a Mega Man forum, it's still just a video game franchise.

That said, I have no clue what is coming this year for the series, if anything. I remain optimistic that something will be done, but I feel that rather than do all that (which would be a bad idea, as announcing, developing, and canceling that many games would be ridiculous and a waste of money, and would only serve to show that Capcom hates their fans. Yeah, they're idiots with this franchise, but they won't throw millions away purely for the purpose of saying [tornado fang] YOU) they'll let the franchise sit as with Metroid.

There's a chance they weren't even gonna notice it, hence why the logo was hidden in the "remake's" data instead of at the forefront.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP

Archer

Reply #19 on: January 10, 2012, 10:56:02 PM
You know they really could have used to logo to show how Mega Man has changed in the last 25 years instead of having the plain old sprite of classic Mega Man on there... oh wait, it hasn't. The latest classic Mega Man games were exactly the same [parasitic bomb] as 25 years ago. Right.

getting so visibly angry over that is just... immature. I'm sorry, but though this be a Mega Man forum, it's still just a video game

Funny, that's what I tell all the Legends fans.

Offline megaman24681012

• Toa of Ice
  • B-Class Hunter
  • Shoulda chose a better name.
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: January 10, 2012, 11:09:13 PM
Dude... calm the [tornado fang] down. It's just a logo. We know virtually nothing more. Yeah, Capcom has let us down regarding the franchise in the past, but getting so visibly angry over that is just... immature. I'm sorry, but though this be a Mega Man forum, it's still just a video game franchise.

That said, I have no clue what is coming this year for the series, if anything. I remain optimistic that something will be done, but I feel that rather than do all that (which would be a bad idea, as announcing, developing, and canceling that many games would be ridiculous and a waste of money, and would only serve to show that Capcom hates their fans. Yeah, they're idiots with this franchise, but they won't throw millions away purely for the purpose of saying [tornado fang] YOU) they'll let the franchise sit as with Metroid.

There's a chance they weren't even gonna notice it, hence why the logo was hidden in the "remake's" data instead of at the forefront.

I must apologize. Though I may justify my negativity with my pessimistic ideals, it does not justify my whining.

What I should be talking about is the issue that the logo is 8-bit. To the casual it may just be an homage to the original Megaman, but if many may recall: past logos represented the progression of MM. One in particular I recall had MMBN, representing the evolution of MM on the handheld, another had the controversial MMSF (Though I liked the series). What I fear is that Capcom may end up playing it safe again with releasing another Classic MM game. 

Kopaka: "That leaves you and I, Tahu Nuva."
Tahu: "No. That leaves only me."

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #21 on: January 10, 2012, 11:14:09 PM
Or maybe you're looking far too much into a simple logo that may turn out to not even be the final version.

Ya know, that's always a possibility.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: January 10, 2012, 11:21:18 PM
Hmmmmm.....

How about a contest for RPMers to design a better one?

I can dig it.

Also, man things are really tense here lately...

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: January 10, 2012, 11:40:39 PM
lol at people complaining about the logo. It's fine, even if it is the worst one so far.

If anything, I just wish they would have chosen different colors.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #24 on: January 11, 2012, 12:06:39 AM
I just don't get how people are jumping from the logo to OMG CAPCOM'S GONNA [parasitic bomb] ON MEGAMAN AND ALL ITS FANS THIS YEAR in the same breath.

Yeah, the colors could be better, but the design itself is fine. And plus, 25 years is big; that's a quarter-century. Much bigger than the 15th and 20th anniversaries, imo.